JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 12 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Yeah I like this but shorts might work too.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 12 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 pm

I agree with Mini that really isn't bad. To be honest I think Kaizeru could come up with a better one but if we need a guidline to say "maybe something like this" that is definitely on the mark. The basic shape is great the design just needs work.

But great work bed this will probably work better than just using the BRS pic
johnstang2 wrote:Ok I went back to the drawing board with that hero creator software. I did that so I can make an informed opinion on this. My resulting image is in the spoiler

Spoiler:

- the Faux jacket that flows into a cape is a very cool idea.

- the Kami-like visor does not work at all - it ends up looking hooky - a cool pair of shades might.

- Alas when it was done it does need something and a holstered beam saber was the answer.

- the tron-like stuff, well I tried several possibilities but they all looked stupid.

- also I played around with longer hair styles and shorter - The shorter won out but not the style I have shown but the earlier one that was discussed.
Spoiler:

- Hair color to match new site.

- One thing though I don't like the skimpiness of the BRS. Can we go with a tasteful one-piece swimsuit underneath the jacket.

- The boots shown I don't like but the BRS boots are just fine.

- The blue color pallet would look sick.
I honestly don't like it at all. It looks to mature (like she could be Kami's mom) and she kinda looks like she has a punk look and her clothes are one solid color. I defintly like the way Bed's design was looking better. Also I think the visor could still work like it did with kami we just need Kaizeru to do it since he is the one who is good with this stuff.
MiniSiets wrote:
That's closer to what I imagined. Only major thing I'd change on there is swapping the leggings for short shorts. :3

You know looking back I felt like we were pretty close to a consensus yesterday when we were down to just debating the weapon. If it's that big of a deal I'm willing to just let the weapon go if it means we can keep the rest of the concept intact. I still think it's like trying to design Link without his Master Sword; it just doesn't feel complete without it, but if that's all that needs to be sacrificed to make everyone happy then it's something I can work with.

PS. The swim suit is fine. Though I really have to say bedhead you live up to the title of honorary male. XD
Okay so assuming everyone likes Bed's latest design (If anyone doesn't they can speak up) I guess out current list works out to be this.
- Her name is TBD.
- She is Kami's sister.
- The baseline concept will be inspired by This by bedheadred
- Her primary color scheme will be blue.
- She will not have huge breasts
- Her hair accessory would be black and hair color would be blue.
- She will have a visor across her eyes in homage to Kami.
-She will have a Chibi Kami Key chain

Things I still want to discuss
-Does anyone like the idea of adding a little purple to the hair kinds like this but without the pink. Also since we seem to be going for a short hair style only a small bit of her hair would end up being purple.
-Is Bed's design better with long pants or shorts?
-Should she have a small keychain that pays homage to either JD or Kami? It doesn't have to be super noticeable just another detail to remember JD with.
- Should she have a shorter hair style like this?

Side discussion
-Mascot's future weapon (not to be used in default pose).

Okay I think that covers everything. Sorry if I missed or added something extra.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 12 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
I agree with Mini that really isn't bad. To be honest I think Kaizeru could come up with a better one but if we need a guidline to say "maybe something like this" that is definitely on the mark. The basic shape is great the design just needs work.

But great work bed this will probably work better than just using the BRS pic
johnstang2 wrote:Ok I went back to the drawing board with that hero creator software. I did that so I can make an informed opinion on this. My resulting image is in the spoiler

Spoiler:

- the Faux jacket that flows into a cape is a very cool idea.

- the Kami-like visor does not work at all - it ends up looking hooky - a cool pair of shades might.

- Alas when it was done it does need something and a holstered beam saber was the answer.

- the tron-like stuff, well I tried several possibilities but they all looked stupid.

- also I played around with longer hair styles and shorter - The shorter won out but not the style I have shown but the earlier one that was discussed.
Spoiler:

- Hair color to match new site.

- One thing though I don't like the skimpiness of the BRS. Can we go with a tasteful one-piece swimsuit underneath the jacket.

- The boots shown I don't like but the BRS boots are just fine.

- The blue color pallet would look sick.
I honestly don't like it at all. It looks to mature (like she could be Kami's mom) and she kinda looks like she has a punk look and her clothes are one solid color. I defintly like the way Bed's design was looking better. Also I think the visor could still work like it did with kami we just need Kaizeru to do it since he is the one who is good with this stuff.
MiniSiets wrote:
That's closer to what I imagined. Only major thing I'd change on there is swapping the leggings for short shorts. :3

You know looking back I felt like we were pretty close to a consensus yesterday when we were down to just debating the weapon. If it's that big of a deal I'm willing to just let the weapon go if it means we can keep the rest of the concept intact. I still think it's like trying to design Link without his Master Sword; it just doesn't feel complete without it, but if that's all that needs to be sacrificed to make everyone happy then it's something I can work with.

PS. The swim suit is fine. Though I really have to say bedhead you live up to the title of honorary male. XD
Okay so assuming everyone likes Bed's latest design (If anyone doesn't they can speak up) I guess out current list works out to be this.
- Her name is TBD.
- She is Kami's sister.

-Does anyone like the idea of adding a little purple to the hair kinds like this but without the pink. Also since we seem to be going for a short hair style only a small bit of her hair would end up being purple.
-Should she have a small keychain that pays homage to either JD or Kami? It doesn't have to be super noticeable just another detail to remember JD with.

Side discussion

Okay I think that covers everything. Sorry if I missed or added something extra.

I 'think' most people liked the highlights idea but it'll be affected by hair length so yeah that needs to be decided first just my opinion though.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Close to 10 pages in one day or so? o_O Dear gosh no. I ain't reading them all. Anyway I also vote for the key chain. A Kami one would be nice if that's even possible but I doubt it is and I still say I'd rather have Kami.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:15 pm

bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Akira wrote:

I 'think' most people liked the highlights idea but it'll be affected by hair length so yeah that needs to be decided first just my opinion though.

What if we decided on a percentage? Like the Purple would cover 10% of her hair then at least 1% would be taken up by the transition and the rest would be blue (Maybe even more than one shade of blue). With a percentage we will know how much would be what color easily while deciding on hair length. That is assuming enough people do want the highlights.

Also this has been mentioned before but we should be careful not to be to specific with the details. We want to give Kaizeru room to create. So maybe we shouldn't even decide the hair length for ourselves. I think the only things we should decide on are things we really need this mascot to have especially things the Kaieru probably wouldn't add on his own (like the highlight thing).
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
- Her name is TBD.
- She is Kami's sister.

Side discussion

No not that highlight. Better for lines like in CP's take on Kami's appearance for the new site. But yes highlight that are purple "might" be good if done right.
Red's desing I like but I can't tell unless it's colored and a version for both.
Yes to the key chain and what you said.
HELL YES!!! Just look at my hair style. *Points to avatar and sig* That's one of my most fav hair styles (Another one would be it being down but long hair) Also that breast size in that pic I still say that should be her breast size too. Their beautiful and I love them. :3

Side: I still say she doesn't need one but hey, with her appearance why not a Kampfer weapon?
EDIT: Red's design is def better with long pants legs than short pants legs. I just saw the pic.

Last edited by Natsuru-san on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 pm

mmmmm I kinda like long pants better but the shorts look nice to. It is kinda hard to tell which is really better with only a rough sketch. I guess I'd be fine with either personally.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

My two cents worth:
- I think the highlights will be a great idea, how I'm imagining her it'll go great with the BRS/Tron outfit (are we still going with that?)
- definitely shorts.
- I think that a small detail like that will be great. As long as it doesn't conflict too much with the rest of the design.
- Yes. I really like that hairstyle.

Also, just throwing an idea out there, can one of her outfits be a high-school girl? and maybe she can be holding a cellphone with the Kami strap.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 pm

Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 12 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Lets leave the weapon issue aside for now. Yes one of the alternatives suggest and accepted was a school uniform. And yeah I agree it looks better with pants
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 pm

bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

My two cents worth:
- I think the highlights will be a great idea, how I'm imagining her it'll go great with the BRS/Tron outfit (are we still going with that?)
- definitely shorts.
- I think that a small detail like that will be great. As long as it doesn't conflict too much with the rest of the design.
- Yes. I really like that hairstyle.

Also, just throwing an idea out there, can one of her outfits be a high-school girl? and maybe she can be holding a cellphone with the Kami strap.

Okay so it looks like people are liking the highlight idea (Note that posted picture is just a general idea and does not necessarily show what mascot's hair will look like at all. Also we have one vote for shorts and two are undecided and two votes for posted hair style.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:26 pm

That is nice if we make a school girl version of the mascot we should just use that. This way the brother and sister will have the same uniform. Plus since Potato made that outfit Noey won't own it and only we will know the connection.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Metazoxan wrote:I honestly don't like it at all. It looks to mature (like she could be Kami's mom) and she kinda looks like she has a punk look and her clothes are one solid color. I defintly like the way Bed's design was looking better. Also I think the visor could still work like it did with kami we just need Kaizeru to do it since he is the one who is good with this stuff.

Now now ... it was not meant to be 'THE' pic. And you failed to realize there are limits a character creator software can do. I know she looks too mature. That was not the point. I did try different variations of color but they all turned out hooky. now look at with the point of view that THERE ARE LIMITS a character creator can do. It was only meant to form a baseline for my own opinions. GEEZ Meta!!!!!!
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 pm

I would really prefer long hair but I'm not going to argue about it. I like the colored tips in the hair. I just finished Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai and I really liked how her hair was tipped http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--fiQB-Y6mdw/ULhMWmAix1I/AAAAAAAAB9U/HLvWs2suYR0/s1600/Quele2+v2+by+mgmnzx.png
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:43 pm

bedheadred wrote:I would really prefer long hair but I'm not going to argue about it. I like the colored tips in the hair. I just finished Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai and I really liked how her hair was tipped http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--fiQB-Y6mdw/ULhMWmAix1I/AAAAAAAAB9U/HLvWs2suYR0/s1600/Quele2+v2+by+mgmnzx.png

Oh I remember that yeah I second or third the purple highlights and long hair (tied up or let down is fine)
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

bedheadred wrote:I would really prefer long hair but I'm not going to argue about it. I like the colored tips in the hair. I just finished Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai and I really liked how her hair was tipped http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--fiQB-Y6mdw/ULhMWmAix1I/AAAAAAAAB9U/HLvWs2suYR0/s1600/Quele2+v2+by+mgmnzx.png

Okay so two votes for hair style and two for long hair. What is we tried this?

Spoiler:
I obviously don't mean the armor or clothes I mean the hair style. It is like the short hair style but after being tied up in the back it keeps going. Just throwing the idea out there.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Holy cow, she's hot. But that might just be the angle...

I do like the highlights in her hair though. I think that would look really nice on her.

@ Meta:
I don't know... It might look good. But I'm leaning towards the ponytail
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:08 am

http://www.a-gc.com/images/2012/11/xenosaga-anime-girls-kos-mos-HD-Wallpapers.jpg

What if she had some kind of head gear like this instead of a visor?
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:09 am

I originally wanted very long hair to the knees if it was drawn right.

I like the idea of tipped hair.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am

bedheadred wrote:http://www.a-gc.com/images/2012/11/xenosaga-anime-girls-kos-mos-HD-Wallpapers.jpg

What if she had some kind of head gear like this instead of a visor?

I like that a lot. as long as it don't interfere with her hair.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

I think the headgear could work if drawn properly and yeah I think kaizeru could definitely pull off hair that length.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:19 am

I like the idea of a visor being in homage to Kami. We don't really have any other aesthetics in her design to reference her besides that. Not that I have a problem with headgear otherwise, but I think it would be nice to at least have one reference to Kami like that. I'm fine with a longer hair style though. The main thing is I just want to get away from looking too much like a blatant BRS ripoff, so changing the hairstyle to something other than the baseline concept would help with that a lot.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am

MiniSiets wrote:I like the idea of a visor being in homage to Kami. We don't really have any other aesthetics in her design to reference her besides that. Not that I have a problem with headgear otherwise, but I think it would be nice to at least have one reference to Kami like that.
Maybe a little keychain with a K on it? Or let kaizeru handle it?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next