JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 am

If by "cape" she means the semi-jacket-looking thing (lol, whatever it's called >.>) as seen in the BRS design I think it would look fine.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 am

I think thats what she means anyway I look forward to seeing the sketch!
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:22 am

I agree with leaving the details(+ Accessories and stuff) to the artist himself, since he knows what looks good best since he's making the thing lol. Just give him the general details and don't fuss with the minor ones. Giving him too much specs and objectives to meet would constrain his creativity. Rather than making the mascot look good and be creative he might just treat this job as a chore and follow the description by the letter.

Honestly this whole thing is getting ridiculous lol. A lot of us are throwing what we like based on what our ideal "idol" should be and try to rub it on the future mascot and its getting pretty chaotic. Everyone has different preferences (like the bewbie size) and you're all trying to make everyone agree with your individual ideas, which i doubt is ever going to happen. If this keeps up it isn't going to end XD.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 am

I have been messing around with some hero creation software I found on the internet for the last several hours. I just was messing around with it nothing major. But in my creation I tried to capture as much of the details being discussed her. Here is my results.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 Erisu_10
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 am

johnstang2 wrote:I have been messing around with some hero creation software I found on the internet for the last several hours. I just was messing around with it nothing major. But in my creation I tried to capture as much of the details being discussed her. Here is my results.

starwars from the 70's? XD

anyway link pls?
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 am

johnstang2 wrote:I have been messing around with some hero creation software I found on the internet for the last several hours. I just was messing around with it nothing major. But in my creation I tried to capture as much of the details being discussed her. Here is my results.

I couldn't help but laugh, not to be horrible it's just when i saw the weapon i just imagined what it would look like if she also had the other weapons suggested, like the two hand guns, sniper rifle, katana (which i suggested Razz) and all the other weapons... Man she would look so funny. Smile

Well it's still a good outline of what we should expect if we do implement most of the ideas suggested, besides it will help us come up with some ideas which could be added.

Skeptical
Academy Student

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 am

Yep I agree it is pretty horrible - so horrible its downright funny.

It looks more like one of those early 80's saturday morning superheroes.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 am

Sporadic wrote:
I already said before the BRS outline is fine. The character design. You're trying to take on her clothing ( mixed with tron?? ) and it was previously mentioned the reasoning behind the weapon was because BRS had one. Too many similarities makes it unoriginal. So far your look for the new mascot is a jumbled mixture of other anime characters which doesn't give off any sort of originality
No you missunderstand. Both the BRS and the trong details were just basic designs to work off of. The BRS was mostly for the jacket and the tron was just to add something to it. But if you want a different kind of idea go ahead. If we go with anything BRS like it will need more than just that jacket

johnstang2 wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
The visor comes off as a cheesy Kami rip off, sorry, just callin it like I see it. And the two lists are hardly the same, my version cuts out a lot of your agonizing details derived from a totally unoriginal BRS or Kami-esque appearance.

well IMO the mascot needs to have a connection to Kami (besides background info). I liked the visor on Kami so it seems like a good thing to carry over. The new mascots Visor can look different from Kami's but I still say we should have it. Everyone else seems to either like the visor or not have a problem with it. Also for the BRS thing from the start that was just the base idea as in (maybe something like this). It seemed like a decent thing to work a design off of (PLus you left the BRS detail in your list). Also they were not agonizing details because the heir length and breast size were just general ball parks. As in maybe a little more or maybe a little less but something like this might be good. It is all still being debated of course but at the time I made that list everyone currently discussing seemed to be agreeing on it.

It just feels like your imposing your own opinion and denying any other.

Plus if Arisu is Kami's sister then wont she have a visor too?

She doesn't HAVE to have a visor. That's seemingly too Kami-esque. I was hoping for a original design which didn't include any of Kami's features. And what's up with that name? Hopefully we have a vote on it because Arisu sounds bad. [/quote]
Well we will just have to disagree on that for now. I say she should have one not only because it looked good on Kami but to give them a kind of connection.
Akira wrote:
bedheadred wrote:Ok back to topic. BRS--what about this theme would we use? We've already been told that Kami's open midruff was not appropriate for school on tshirts. She will need to have closed jacket. What type of bottoms? Are short shorts too revealing for school also? Are we all in concensus on boots?

I think it was more or less the look or color scheme of the clothes more specifically the jacket that people liked.
Basically. The jacked just seemed really cool so it seemed like a good thing to base the design off of.
bedheadred wrote:How about a compromise?
Main character design has BRS look
Alternative outfits include: Tron style jumpsuit with laser scythe
School uniform (this would be the tshirt design)
2 piece swim suit

bedheadred wrote:
johnstang2 wrote:If I was a kid I would not want to have an alternative version on my shirt but the main design.

I would make the main design appropriate with alt versions like the others.

But that is only my opinion though.

I would assume that also, but listening to public opinion, most people prefer hat Kami, which was an alternative to the main design.
Actually I liked Original Kami better it's just that he clothes were a little to revealing when it came to putting her on T-shirts or being seen with her in anyway in public.

MrYoSo901 wrote:I agree with leaving the details(+ Accessories and stuff) to the artist himself, since he knows what looks good best since he's making the thing lol. Just give him the general details and don't fuss with the minor ones. Giving him too much specs and objectives to meet would constrain his creativity. Rather than making the mascot look good and be creative he might just treat this job as a chore and follow the description by the letter.

Honestly this whole thing is getting ridiculous lol. A lot of us are throwing what we like based on what our ideal "idol" should be and try to rub it on the future mascot and its getting pretty chaotic. Everyone has different preferences (like the bewbie size) and you're all trying to make everyone agree with your individual ideas, which i doubt is ever going to happen. If this keeps up it isn't going to end XD.
That is why I was mostly keeping my list general. The details I added were just vague points of reference not exact requirements. Like with the breast size no one could agree on exact measurements but everyone seemed to mostly be roughly around a certain size. But I think you're also right that this is growing more chaotic. Maybe we should strip off the BRS idea and change it to

-A zipped open jacket that goes down to waste. Jacket should preferably be mostly dark blue maybe with some black as well. Jacket should not be purely one color and should have interesting designs on it.

Between the BRS design and the tron this wasn't that basically what we were aiming for? This description strips off all other details so the artist will have much more freedom. But maybe we should add that under the jacket shouldn't be too revealing.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 am

Two ideas:
1. How about twins for the mascot? (I don't think anyone else mentioned it)

2. Earlier I suggested having different themes for the site. My understanding is that it is too much of a hassle, but I was thinking we could get someone to make a Stylish (Chrome and Firefox addon) to change the appearance.

Here is a pic of my favorite FB style: How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 11922_after Compare this to the bright white and blue
normal colors.
note: this is not my fb page

We could use something like this, though customized for the new site, so that different themes wouldn't affect the site itself or its staff inadvertently.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Smile
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am

Jaysp656 wrote:Two ideas:
1. How about twins for the mascot? (I don't think anyone else mentioned it)

wincest! is anybody else thinking of wincest?!

we should also commision this guy if kaizeru isn't available
http://zak-o.deviantart.com/gallery/
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 am

wincest! is anybody else thinking of wincest?!

That wasn't what I was thinking of at all What a Face

Really I wasn't. lol!

With all this talk of blue, I was wondering if the new site is leaning towards having colors like VirtualCustoms' vcblue theme? It has a nice dark grey and blue look, though possibly a little too light.
How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 Virtualcustoms.net_small
VirtualCustoms
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:32 pm

bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 pm

I love you

Wish I was more inclined to draw stuff...
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Looks awesome, props bedheadred!
I can see both idea present in it thanks for sketching it up!
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Way better than what I can do. Great job.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 pm

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 TAG_132739

Can she have purple hair's swim suit?
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Hell I don't see why not Very Happy
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 pm

That's closer to what I imagined. Only major thing I'd change on there is swapping the leggings for short shorts. :3

You know looking back I felt like we were pretty close to a consensus yesterday when we were down to just debating the weapon. If it's that big of a deal I'm willing to just let the weapon go if it means we can keep the rest of the concept intact. I still think it's like trying to design Link without his Master Sword; it just doesn't feel complete without it, but if that's all that needs to be sacrificed to make everyone happy then it's something I can work with.

PS. The swim suit is fine. Though I really have to say bedhead you live up to the title of honorary male. XD
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

MiniSiets wrote:
PS. The swim suit is fine. Though I really have to say bedhead you live up to the title of honorary male. XD

Except I'm playing fashion designer. I think sketching clothes these last two days is probably one of the girliest things I've ever done in my life.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by mgalekgolo Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm stealing MiniSiets. Looks perfect, could just be I like the art though Razz. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/229/3/1/___BRS____by_Kaizeru.jpg

mgalekgolo
mgalekgolo
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm

bedheadred wrote:How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 TAG_132739

Can she have purple hair's swim suit?

sure, the breasts come attached?
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Ok I went back to the drawing board with that hero creator software. I did that so I can make an informed opinion on this. My resulting image is in the spoiler

Spoiler:

- the Faux jacket that flows into a cape is a very cool idea.

- the Kami-like visor does not work at all - it ends up looking hooky - a cool pair of shades might.

- Alas when it was done it does need something and a holstered beam saber was the answer.

- the tron-like stuff, well I tried several possibilities but they all looked stupid.

- also I played around with longer hair styles and shorter - The shorter won out but not the style I have shown but the earlier one that was discussed.
Spoiler:

- Hair color to match new site.

- One thing though I don't like the skimpiness of the BRS. Can we go with a tasteful one-piece swimsuit underneath the jacket.

- The boots shown I don't like but the BRS boots are just fine.

- The blue color pallet would look sick.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Ooh, I like it. All for it.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Kusanagi wrote:

Ooh, I like it. All for it.

Let me try shorts before we try to come to consensus.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 11 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Take a look at Bedheadred's sketch too I think it'll fix the problem you had Johnstang

Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next