JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 19 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:47 pm

Like I said lets wait and see what everyone else thinks first, if most everyone likes one or another proposed design whats what we'll roll with. That said lets try to just vote on what we have now. The concept that the samples represent not a absolute, whichever wins the most support gets sent to kaizeru to play with and refine
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 19 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by johnstang2 Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 am

Natsuru-san wrote:Finally if we do have to have a new mascot then I say we get whoever designed Kami to design us the new mascot. It's as simple as that and I also say we shouldn't tell the artist to make the new mascot in this way or that way or have this or that or not have this or that etc. except that we'd like one that looks similer to Kami and also one (just incase) that doesn't look like Kami.

Finally found someone who understands true artistry. I been trying to say this from the beginning but my Point got muddled in the growing debate on what the new mascot should look like. When an artist creative freedom gets taken from them they very often produce junk that no one really wants. We should go to the artist not with EXACTING details but with a very broad outline on what we want. Let his creative juices run free and you wont be disappointed with the result. Restrict him and live with the consequences.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 am

Ok then how about everyone here give their opinion on just giving the artist a few themes rather than images and ready made designs. That would give the artist the freedom you want. OR we can continue discussing till we find a CONCEPT everyone likes and ask kaizeru to make something out of maybe not what we had imagined but better. We are not making absolute choices just choices on themes/concepts we would like kaizeru to work with. As to asking kaizeru for help at this stage would probably end up costing more than just commissioning the mascot once we have the concepts set.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Akira wrote:Ok then how about everyone here give their opinion on just giving the artist a few themes rather than images and ready made designs. That would give the artist the freedom you want. OR we can continue discussing till we find a CONCEPT everyone likes and ask kaizeru to make something out of maybe not what we had imagined but better. We are not making absolute choices just choices on themes/concepts we would like kaizeru to work with. As to asking kaizeru for help at this stage would probably end up costing more than just commissioning the mascot once we have the concepts set.

Exactly. The only things we might want to specifically ask for are stuff like maybe the hair highlights since looking at his work he doesn't normally add stuff like that and wouldn't even think to add it without being specifically requested as well as the visor thing or the keychain. That is what I've mostly been trying to focus on although I did comment on some of the other stuff people were discussing as well. But on that subject one thing we haven't really talked about at all is the Mascot's theme. Like should it be dark and cool or bright and sunny? Should she have an innocent and bright expression or a strong and confident one?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Hmm Kami struck me as sunny so maybe dark and cool this time around specially given the ideas we've had thus far?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:00 pm

I think, going with the same logic as Akira, that she should be kind of dark and cool, as well as strong and confident.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:04 pm

If at all possible I'd like to see Kami come back. If not I'd like to see the mascot as a friendly cute young girl.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Akira wrote: find a CONCEPT everyone likes
i find that impossible lol.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:10 pm

I highly disagree with defining a personality the mascot should have. Above all, that is the artist's creative interpretation. You tell them you would like a blue theme, this length of hair, these type of clothes and then the artist gives the character life and personality.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

bedheadred wrote:I highly disagree with defining a personality the mascot should have. Above all, that is the artist's creative interpretation. You tell them you would like a blue theme, this length of hair, these type of clothes and then the artist gives the character life and personality.
Exactly. Seems me, Red and john are all on the same page here. :)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 pm

I can see where you are coming from maybe we are over-thinking and over-planning what do yall think?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm

I think we've got enough already decided on. I still say we should see if we can use Kami or not and if no then go ahead and contact the person and give her the detals to start designing our new mascot.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 pm

Using Kami is not an option. It would link us to that copycat site and the original site. We are trying to lay low.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Seems like we have enough possible ideas and i think most everything else can be left to the artist. That's just my opinion at this point, I'm up to discussing more if there is anything that needs to be discussed but at this point I think we have a few solid ideas that kaizeru can really run with.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sano Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41 pm

2 Words: Scantily clad.
Sano
Sano
Lab Member

Male Posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 pm

While I was searching for more Aisha signatures and stuff, I found this on another site:

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 19 Riizu

Would this pretty much describe our mascot in some areas?
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

No we already decided we didn't want to do that for the main design sorry.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm

I would say no. I envision a much better Kami sister design.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:29 am

Does anyone still have a copy of the JR mascot?
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:31 am

Colme wrote:Does anyone still have a copy of the JR mascot?

you mean the green one?
Spoiler:

lol those are the only ones i have of her.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 am

I didn't even know there was a JR mascot. lol
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:53 am

Severus wrote:
[spoiler]How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 19 ScreenShot13-1_zps48fe6045
How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 19 ScreenShot14-1_zps0dc726d1

Oooo eeemmm geee I love her glasses!
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimripper20 Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 am

bedheadred wrote:
Severus wrote:

i have to agree, being as i wear glasses i like seeing glasses that look cool Cool
Grimripper20
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Grimripper20 wrote:
bedheadred wrote:
Severus wrote:

i have to agree, being as i wear glasses i like seeing glasses that look cool Cool

I like the look too. I used to wear glasses but had LASIK last year. (still keep reaching up to adjust them only to find they are not there Smile )
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am

To sum this up:

*We are asking for a commission for Kami's younger sister.
*There should be a family resemblance, but different enough so they have their own presence.
*We would like to keep the visor in homage to Kami.
*This character's color scheme is blue.
*Her hair should be no longer than her waist with purple colored tips similar to thishttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-zOTJ6EjSqYw/Tfnh1UkLSVI/AAAAAAAABJg/uWOt3HLjQWA/s1600/Himea%2BSaito.jpg
*Her outfit would be BRS/Tron inspired
https://2img.net/h/i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/yukariyukari_album/003-3_zpsf6dcbfa1.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/yukariyukari_album/002-7_zps06deee0e.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/yukariyukari_album/002-7_zps3c9bab30.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww211/yukariyukari_album/004-2_zps36ebf039.jpg
*We also need a swimsuit design.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next