JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release Club Oreshura discussion

+8
Ovyda
Kusanagi
Metazoxan
Natsuru-san
MacMeaties
Natsu Dragneel
LunarLexal
Supernatural Knight
12 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Release Club Oreshura discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: New Release Club Oreshura discussion

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:22 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Hey you got to give him credit. The guy at least has guts. I mean he gets himself beaten to a pulp trying to help his childhood friend and nearly get beaten up again by bald guard guy because that blond **** was making fun of the pudding girl. Sure he is pretty much clueless that he already has a harem (He still hasn't noticed that Chiwa said that he was hers) but at least he has serious guts to get something done to the best of his ability. While most harem MC will stick up for a girl (Which is the cause of half of them falling for him normally) he just seems to have more passion than most when he does it. It is just hard to hate him when he goes all out to protect a girl.

Over all he is still a stupid MC but I still have to give him a little credit.

Now for Masuzu.... okay she earned a few more points in my book. She is still an annoying Manipulative girl but the rest of her family is apparently even worse. Plus she actually make Blond **** apologize so I'll say she isn't all bad. I still don't like her and her family being worse than her doesn't make her a good person but I am hating her a little less. However every time she reads out of that notebook I was to grab it, rip out it's pages, and cram them down her throat. Just the fact that the threat was about that notebook and yet she reads out of it regularly just angers me.
It's not the MC that makes me hate the anime. If anything I actually like the MC. It's the whole 8th grade syndrome thing going on and how he's "Anti-love" yet agrees to the girl friend thing and gets his own little harem. Also the notebook reading. That pisses me off.

The 8th grader syndrome thing isn't too bad. She doesn't seem to have it as bad as the eye patch girl did. She seems to already show that she knows it isn't real but her life is so dull and lonely she is using it to give her life a little purpose. But I can see what you mean. Also I completely agree with you on the other points. The "Anti-love" theme would have been a hundred times stronger with the normal relationship format. Maybe a love triangle with the childhood friend but there was no need to throw the other two in (seriously it kinda feels like the other two are just getting thrown in). If the idea is that the main characters lives were wrecked by "Love" and they turned their backs on it then why not just focus on that and their development? Instead the guy just accept everything far to easily and gets a harem thrown in his lap while the girl seems to have already forgotten she hates love and is hanging all over him. The Anti-love angle was an interesting idea but it was completely wasted. Over all Id on't think I'd call this anime "bad" but it has nothing really going for it anymore. Now it has completely become a redressed version of the basic harem anime.

The thing that pisses me off most about the notebook is that guy has yet to mention the fact that the deal of the blackmail was "He goes out with her and she keeps that book hidden" and she has regularly broken that promise (Literally every episode).
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Oreshura discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: New Release Club Oreshura discussion

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:12 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

The 8th grader syndrome thing isn't too bad. She doesn't seem to have it as bad as the eye patch girl did. She seems to already show that she knows it isn't real but her life is so dull and lonely she is using it to give her life a little purpose. But I can see what you mean. Also I completely agree with you on the other points. The "Anti-love" theme would have been a hundred times stronger with the normal relationship format. Maybe a love triangle with the childhood friend but there was no need to throw the other two in (seriously it kinda feels like the other two are just getting thrown in). If the idea is that the main characters lives were wrecked by "Love" and they turned their backs on it then why not just focus on that and their development? Instead the guy just accept everything far to easily and gets a harem thrown in his lap while the girl seems to have already forgotten she hates love and is hanging all over him. The Anti-love angle was an interesting idea but it was completely wasted. Over all Id on't think I'd call this anime "bad" but it has nothing really going for it anymore. Now it has completely become a redressed version of the basic harem anime.

The thing that pisses me off most about the notebook is that guy has yet to mention the fact that the deal of the blackmail was "He goes out with her and she keeps that book hidden" and she has regularly broken that promise (Literally every episode).

Point is, the chuunibyou isnt needed.
And yeah Masuzu went back on her word that she wouldnt tell anyone about the notebook... kinda

She never actually says its Eita's just 'her former love's'.
I get Eita is embarrassed to shit over it but he's making too much of a big deal over it.
At least Yuuta (Chu2) didnt make that big of a deal over this. And personally I think they're trying to hard to turn this into another Chu2 but it isnt as good.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Point is, the chuunibyou isnt needed.
And yeah Masuzu went back on her word that she wouldnt tell anyone about the notebook... kinda

She never actually says its Eita's just 'her former love's'.
I get Eita is embarrassed to shit over it but he's making too much of a big deal over it.
At least Yuuta (Chu2) didnt make that big of a deal over this. And personally I think they're trying to hard to turn this into another Chu2 but it isnt as good.

I don't think so. Yeah he does over react about it but I think Yuta would have done the same. Remember that brown haired girl? She went to ridiculous extremes to get that book back even thought no one would probably ever trace it back to her.

As for it not being needed I agree but it doesn't hurt. I think chuunibyou is mostly being treated as a character trait in this show rather than a major plot point. Masuzu is using that trait against him and it connect him to harem girl #3 but besides that it doesn't really have any plot involvement. Chu2 centered on it and was driven by it.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Guess we'll enjoy some 8th grade syndrome for a while, now that we're gonna see girl #4 in the harem, this is gonna be crazy
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Guess we'll enjoy some 8th grade syndrome for a while, now that we're gonna see girl #4 in the harem, this is gonna be crazy

Not really excited at her. At least the 8th grader syndrome harem girl hasn't really been done (at least not that I can think of) but how many times have we seen the super stricked school girl who declares the protagonist and/or his group as the enemy for being "Immoral" only to fall for him herself? I've seen it enough already.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 pm

This episode went so fast ;o Anyway, I find it interesting and enjoyable. As usual in real life as well, girls like to lie about themselves to look better. I like how realistic it was Smile

So we have now two tsunderes Masuzu and A-chan right?

P.S. Eita is really baka.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 pm

The harem's finally completed.

Ovyda wrote:This episode went so fast ;o Anyway, I find it interesting and enjoyable. As usual in real life as well, girls like to lie about themselves to look better. I like how realistic it was Smile

So we have now two tsunderes Masuzu and A-chan right?

P.S. Eita is really baka.

It's because there was considerably less 8th grade syndrome.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Yeah, all characters are here. Anyone want to make a guess who he's going to pick(or nobody lol)?
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Ovyda wrote:Yeah, all characters are here. Anyone want to make a guess who he's going to pick(or nobody lol)?
Who knows, in a harem the main guy always takes the main girl, but sometimes the creators of the series always gets us with the "CHOOSE SOMEONE ALREADY GOD DAMMIT" mood or something like that
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:28 pm

I guess it will be nobody... Like he won't be able to pick one.

I wish he would choose Masuzu.
I wish he wouldn't choose Chiwa.
I don't give a shit about chu2 fake girl.
I wouldn't mind if he chose A-chan.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:42 pm

Ovyda wrote:I guess it will be nobody... Like he won't be able to pick one.

I wish he would choose Masuzu.
I wish he wouldn't choose Chiwa.
I don't give a shit about chu2 fake girl.

I wouldn't mind if he chose A-chan.

A bit harsh, don't you think?
For me, I wouldn't mind any, as long as it's not Chiwa. I just don't think that they would make a good couple.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 am

At least you agree with Chiwa Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:01 am

Wait so the annoying hall monitor girl is actually a Tsundere Childhood Friend? Now that is interesting. Most of the "strict Discipline" type characters are Tsundere but a lot more aggressively so and they don't even realise they like the main guy themselves. But it looks like she shut down the club to get closer to Eita which is completely different from what I expected. So bravo anime you actually managed to take what looked like a generic introduction of harem girl #3 and surprise me with it. Now if only she wasn't the "Childhood friend that moved away" cliche she might be something unique. Still I kinda like her.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am

Metazoxan wrote:Wait so the annoying hall monitor girl is actually a Tsundere Childhood Friend? Now that is interesting. Most of the "strict Discipline" type characters are Tsundere but a lot more aggressively so and they don't even realise they like the main guy themselves. But it looks like she shut down the club to get closer to Eita which is completely different from what I expected. So bravo anime you actually managed to take what looked like a generic introduction of harem girl #3 and surprise me with it. Now if only she wasn't the "Childhood friend that moved away" cliche she might be something unique. Still I kinda like her.
She's my favorite of the group.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:14 am

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:Wait so the annoying hall monitor girl is actually a Tsundere Childhood Friend? Now that is interesting. Most of the "strict Discipline" type characters are Tsundere but a lot more aggressively so and they don't even realise they like the main guy themselves. But it looks like she shut down the club to get closer to Eita which is completely different from what I expected. So bravo anime you actually managed to take what looked like a generic introduction of harem girl #3 and surprise me with it. Now if only she wasn't the "Childhood friend that moved away" cliche she might be something unique. Still I kinda like her.
She's my favorite of the group.
Shame she doesn't stand a chance. This would be one of the crowned jewels of harem anime if she did win IMO (partly since it would be so unexpected) but childhood friends stand no chance especially when they "Moved away for a while".
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Shame she doesn't stand a chance. This would be one of the crowned jewels of harem anime if she did win IMO (partly since it would be so unexpected) but childhood friends stand no chance especially when they "Moved away for a while".
That's only if she's a childhood friend of the MC, in this case she's a childhood friend of the MC's friend. Also, I think that having the childhood friend "Move away for a while" actually increases their chance. In most romance anime I've seen that had a childhood friend that moves back the MC is more attracted to her.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:48 am

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
That's only if she's a childhood friend of the MC, in this case she's a childhood friend of the MC's friend. Also, I think that having the childhood friend "Move away for a while" actually increases their chance. In most romance anime I've seen that had a childhood friend that moves back the MC is more attracted to her.

Gotta agree with you.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

She seems to be his childhood friend to or at the very least they met in the past. I guess you are right that they have a better chance since they are less likely to get treated "Like a sister" since they have been a part for so long but they still normally get friend zoned. If this anime did give her a chance I would be happy but I just doubt it. This anime has had a few surprises in it but nothing big that pulled away from the normal flow that these series follow.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
She seems to be his childhood friend to or at the very least they met in the past. I guess you are right that they have a better chance since they are less likely to get treated "Like a sister" since they have been a part for so long but they still normally get friend zoned. If this anime did give her a chance I would be happy but I just doubt it. This anime has had a few surprises in it but nothing big that pulled away from the normal flow that these series follow.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Though, to be honest, I think that the MC and Masuzu will be the ones who get together, if he picks one at all that is.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Yeah, I guess you're right. Though, to be honest, I think that the MC and Masuzu will be the ones who get together, if he picks one at all that is.

Sadly that is probably true. After seeing her sister I can see she could have been worse but I still don't like her. Plus I like pretty much every other girl better than her. Even if I didn't going with the obvious female protagonist is just nothing new.

That isn't to say a series should lead you on with one female lead then suddenly go with someone else. But it feels like most series in the harem genera (Genera probably isn't the right term but whatever) just waste their potential. You have such a variety of characters on your hands and so many kinds of developments and sources of conflict yet nearly every writer singles out a single girl and reduces everyone else to background support for them. Rosario + Vampire is a prime example. Throughout the series Moka is the one and only love interest. The rest of the girls might as well be hitting on a brick wall for all the good their advances do them. It would be nice to see a little more fair play in a series like this instead of the obvious winner.

Over all I don't really hate the Harem genera but most of the harem series I watch are "Okay" at best. It feels like we could have some truly great ones if a writer would just put a little more into all the characters.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm

The term you're trying to think of is "genre".

But yeah, I agree with you. Harems could be great, if the MC actually looked at all the girls as possible love interests. But I'm not saying that he should date all of them behinds their backs, but have him consider dating a different girl instead of singling a girl out, like you said.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:43 pm

LunarLexal wrote:The term you're trying to think of is "genre".

But yeah, I agree with you. Harems could be great, if the MC actually looked at all the girls as possible love interests. But I'm not saying that he should date all of them behinds their backs, but have him consider dating a different girl instead of singling a girl out, like you said.

Well he could also go the true harem route and be with all of them (Not behind their back) but either that or considering the other girls would be a welcome change of pace.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

I like the way you guys are thinking.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 am

BTW an example of a harem series done right is terms of how it treats it's characters is To love-ru Darkness. This is the closest series I have seen to possibly having a true harem ending and it gives each girl a fair amount of development. Even the original series which mostly focused on Lala gave the rest of the cast a fair go once in a while especially when it came to Haruna. Not saying all Harem's should be exactly like to love ru or even that they have to end as true harem series but it is a good example of the main character taking people besides his main girl series and considering some of them instead of just blushing their advances then running back to his main girl.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 pm

Saw the lastest ep and I must say I LOVE it. Dat girl hall moniter. Cool The things that went on in this ep just wow. Like at the beginning. xD
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next