JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion

+8
MrYoSo901
Natsu Dragneel
Metazoxan
MacMeaties
Sporadic
Noobs
LunarLexal
Supernatural Knight
12 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 am

Lol yes! The petting! xD

Also just found the torrents for this in 1080p ... by horriblesubs too...Surprised
(I think they were decent subbers haha)
I know what I'm going to be downloading this weekend...
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:35 am

The Hero is a lucky bastard, who I think is clueless about the Knight and Demon King's feelings
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:41 am

Blazer wrote:Lol yes! The petting! xD

Also just found the torrents for this in 1080p ... by horriblesubs too...Surprised

Thats the one i been getting.
Glorious 1080p screens
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:50 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Blazer wrote:Lol yes! The petting! xD

Thats the one i been getting.
Glorious 1080p screens

I didn't know what I was missing until I googled the torrents. Silly streaming, silly me. Now I should go back and rewatch every episode... xD
By the way, is it just me or did it feel like this episode was choppy. I mean they had the dragon princess in there for 5 seconds, say something and bam.

@Natsu: lucky indeed. Oblivious, I think not. He has show some acknowledgement of the Demon Kings emotions and returned some feelings as well.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:04 am

Natsu Dragneel wrote:The Hero is a lucky bastard, who I think is clueless about the Knight and Demon King's feelings

In episode 4 he admitted to the Head Maid he knew how the Demon King felt about him but was too scared to act upon it or reciprocate in case he died because he didn't want to hurt her.

He is a complete gimp all said and done though. He is beginning to frustrate me with how he remains so passive in regards to the Demon King and Knight. At least the Knight knows about their contract and is willing to "share" him lol.
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

MacMeaties wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:The Hero is a lucky bastard, who I think is clueless about the Knight and Demon King's feelings

In episode 4 he admitted to the Head Maid he knew how the Demon King felt about him but was too scared to act upon it or reciprocate in case he died because he didn't want to hurt her.

He is a complete gimp all said and done though. He is beginning to frustrate me with how he remains so passive in regards to the Demon King and Knight. At least the Knight knows about their contract and is willing to "share" him lol.

I couldnt have said it better myself.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:35 pm

MacMeaties wrote:

I don't think he's that bad. To be honest I would probably act the same way. I don't know if I would be able to start a serious relationship if I was in a position to die at anytime.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:40 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
MacMeaties wrote:

I don't think he's that bad. To be honest I would probably act the same way. I don't know if I would be able to start a serious relationship if I was in a position to die at anytime.

For now he is handling himself well, but he will soon come to realize how much he cares for her and will be pushed into a corner. The truth shall be revealed soon methinks. (well from him to her...the audience already knows...)
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Blazer wrote:
For now he is handling himself well, but he will soon come to realize how much he cares for her and will be pushed into a corner. The truth shall be revealed soon methinks. (well from him to her...the audience already knows...)

He already realized how much he cares for her.

Also, what truth?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Blazer wrote:For now he is handling himself well, but he will soon come to realize how much he cares for her and will be pushed into a corner. The truth shall be revealed soon methinks. (well from him to her...the audience already knows...)

I'd say so as well. It will probably involve the Demon King being in trouble and him realising that sitting idly by is actually doing more harm that good.

LunarLexal wrote:I don't think he's that bad. To be honest I would probably act the same way. I don't know if I would be able to start a serious relationship if I was in a position to die at anytime.

I personally think he is doing the exact opposite of what he is intending to do by avoiding getting serious. He is doing it because he is afraid if he did and then died it would hurt the Demon King but as it stands the distance he is keeping from her is doing exactly that. He's hurting her by trying to avoid hurting her. Or at least thats how I view it.

We're now 7 episodes into a 12 episode series so I'd imagine the pace will quicken in the next episode or two and we'll see a bit of progress. It will almost certainly have a sequel hook ending though...
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:36 pm

MacMeaties wrote:
Blazer wrote:For now he is handling himself well, but he will soon come to realize how much he cares for her and will be pushed into a corner. The truth shall be revealed soon methinks. (well from him to her...the audience already knows...)

I'd say so as well. It will probably involve the Demon King being in trouble and him realising that sitting idly by is actually doing more harm that good.

We're now 7 episodes into a 12 episode series so I'd imagine the pace will quicken in the next episode or two and we'll see a bit of progress. It will almost certainly have a sequel hook ending though...

Yup yup yup! On all accounts!

@Lunar: He realized that he does in fact care for her, but he has yet to take that leap of faith and confess it to her. He will realize that since he loves her, he should not keep his distance (like Mac said). As to truth, The Demon King doesn't know that he loves her. Also it will probably settle things with The Knight. The truth of what is going on in the romance dept.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 pm

I guess what you guys are saying makes sense.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:51 am

Favorite parts of the episode

Knight: "We should settle who's the wife and who's the mistress"

Seriously that threw me for a loop. I did not think this series would actually pursue a harem route like this. or that the knight would so openly talk about it.

second was the bed scene. That was just incredible.

This is set in a mid-evil type magic world so Poligamy is totally a possible route especially one with the hero and demon king involved but still. At this rate if we see any kind of end it will be a harem end. Considering the Demon Kind seemed to have no problem sharing the hero with the knight. She wants to be with him more but she didn't show any kind of problem with letting her have him at least some of the time. The dragon princess is probably just a running gag and won't be a part of the harem ending (if there was one). The anime will probably never reach that ending though.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 am

Metazoxan wrote:Favorite parts of the episode

Seriously that threw me for a loop. I did not think this series would actually pursue a harem route like this. or that the knight would so openly talk about it.

This is set in a mid-evil type magic world so Poligamy is totally a possible route especially one with the hero and demon king involved but still. At this rate if we see any kind of end it will be a harem end. Considering the Demon Kind seemed to have no problem sharing the hero with the knight. She wants to be with him more but she didn't show any kind of problem with letting her have him at least some of the time. The dragon princess is probably just a running gag and won't be a part of the harem ending (if there was one). The anime will probably never reach that ending though.

-somewhat spoilers from the manga-
Spoiler:
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 am

Lol. Me too. I just thought that was great. No dodging or anything. Also the maid xD

I don't see a harem ending as possible because the hero is a "good guy" and both he and the Demon King "own" each other. The Knight also seems too pure to be caught in Polygamy. I'm not sure how far the first season will get though either.

Hmmm. I should probably read the manga for this. xD finish the story (or keep up) and whatnot.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 am

Blazer wrote:

Hmmm. I should probably read the manga for this. xD finish the story (or keep up) and whatnot.

there are lots of versions from different authors, i recommend this version: http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/maoyuu-maou-yuusha-be-mine-hero-i-refuse-r643?st=20

its the farthest in the novel i think, and has the most interesting art out of all the versions i have seen.
Spoiler:

here's the demon king in all her bad-a$sness(taken from the latest chap, but i've removed the text to minimize the spoiler stuff)
Spoiler:
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:43 pm

^..o.m.f.g.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:19 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:

-somewhat spoilers from the manga-
Spoiler:
Yeah I figured the hero felt that way but just the fact the other two were so open to the idea still surprised me. Harem ending probably won't happen but just the fact that the anime even hints at it like that was a bit surprising.
Blazer wrote:

Lol. Me too. I just thought that was great. No dodging or anything. Also the maid xD

I don't see a harem ending as possible because the hero is a "good guy" and both he and the Demon King "own" each other. The Knight also seems too pure to be caught in Polygamy. I'm not sure how far the first season will get though either.

The knight isn't "too pure" she said flat out "We should decide who is the wife and who is the mistress" , got naked in from of him, and slept with him. So if anything gets in the way of a harem end it will probably be the hero himself since those two girls seem open enough to the idea.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Keep in mind that in mid-evil times, polygamy wasn't evil. But I still don't think that they would do the harem ending, for the reasons you all said.

@ Yoso:
She looks awesome in that outfit and horns.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:27 pm

LunarLexal wrote:Keep in mind that in mid-evil times, polygamy wasn't evil. But I still don't think that they would do the harem ending, for the reasons you all said.

@ Yoso:
She looks awesome in that outfit and horns.

Exactly plus as I said those two seemed pretty open to it and are already kinda "Sharing" him.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by yui Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm

im sorry if this has already been brought up but is there a reason they dont have names but refer to each other as the roles they play?? like "hero", "demon king", "knight", "mage", etc
yui
yui
Lab Member

The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

yui wrote:im sorry if this has already been brought up but is there a reason they dont have names but refer to each other as the roles they play?? like "hero", "demon king", "knight", "mage", etc

It's just the writing style. No other reason really.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:49 pm

yui wrote:im sorry if this has already been brought up but is there a reason they dont have names but refer to each other as the roles they play?? like "hero", "demon king", "knight", "mage", etc

kinda like it, im not really good at remembering names sooooo....
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:
kinda like it, im not really good at remembering names sooooo....
Same here, it's really easy for me to remember their "name" if it's just their title/role.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I third this notion ^
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next