JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion

+8
MrYoSo901
Natsu Dragneel
Metazoxan
MacMeaties
Sporadic
Noobs
LunarLexal
Supernatural Knight
12 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion

Post by MacMeaties Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Metazoxan wrote:If I were him I would be concerned that she still had that pillow.......

Well she's not getting much in the way of attention for him at any rate. The pillow doesn't saunter off for a year without as much as a hello.
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion

Post by Metazoxan Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:28 pm

MacMeaties wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:If I were him I would be concerned that she still had that pillow.......

Well she's not getting much in the way of attention for him at any rate. The pillow doesn't saunter off for a year without as much as a hello.

That is half what I meant. The fact that she still has that thing should tell him "Damn I need to talk to her more" I mean how lonely does she have to be to still use that thing? Either that or she is just crazy and he needs to get out of there and hook up with the dragon princess or the other dozen demon girls he managed to "conquer".

Either way that pillow is not a good sign.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Epic episode.
I shall no longer compare this to S&W bc S&W HAD 0 ACTION

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna12

And I nearly rolled outta my chair after this...

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna10

and this

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna11

And

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna13

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna14
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:47 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:Epic episode.

0 action you say?
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

Are you sure there were no action?
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:36 pm

There was plenty action in Spice and Wolf.

BTW, those were my favorite moments to ^_^. This episode was awesome!
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 pm

LunarLexal wrote:There was plenty action in Spice and Wolf.

Show me some
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:

Show me some

Go watch again...
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:

Show me some

Go watch again...

Id rather not
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:Epic episode.

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna12

And I nearly rolled outta my chair after this...

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna10

and this

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna11

And

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna13

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna14
Those parts are very epic. And btw, no action? S&W had a little action when Holo turns into a wolf, but compared to Maoyuu, Maoyuu has better action
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 pm

BTW, those were my favorite moments to ^_^. This episode was awesome!

Sorry Spice and wolf really didn't have any action. Holo goes giant wolf two or three times but it's not like she really fights anyone. There were some good dramatic moments but not action ones.

But anyway things seem to be going well for their plan. It seems like their plan to let the demon army get away mostly failed but on the bright side neither side has a foot hold in the other's territory anymore. The demon's took their city back and the human's took their island back.

Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 pm

I agree with Keichii and Meta, to me as well spice and wolf was boring with almost no action, and when your heroine can transform into a giant fox spirit and still doesn't really hurt anyone that is enough to say it is without any action in my opinion.

Anyway with the newest ep of this I would say it has finally set itself apart from that other show, so unless it goes back to being remarkably similar how about we stop mentioning the other one from now on.

So finally a good episode with what I was hoping for from this series, and it even allows me to now finally respond in this thread too. That fight while it wasn't over the top was more than enough to demonstrate the potential this show has. As it is about war more so than economy I can't help but think this might have been a little too late for this ep however since it has only 12 confirmed episodes. So we are half way through and only now do we see the bloodshed associated with war. Only losing 500 soldiers on that advance wasn't too bad either considering didn't the other winter king lose 200,000 soldiers on those ships.

But still it was a good episode, even if the ice general guy was surprisingly weak despite his large size and confidence.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

Sorry Spice and wolf really didn't have any action. Holo goes giant wolf two or three times but it's not like she really fights anyone. There were some good dramatic moments but not action ones.

But anyway things seem to be going well for their plan. It seems like their plan to let the demon army get away mostly failed but on the bright side neither side has a foot hold in the other's territory anymore. The demon's took their city back and the human's took their island back.

I guess you're right. It was more dramatic than action, but I still loved it.
Supernatural Knight wrote:I agree with Keichii and Meta, to me as well spice and wolf was boring with almost no action, and when your heroine can transform into a giant fox spirit and still doesn't really hurt anyone that is enough to say it is without any action in my opinion.

Anyway with the newest ep of this I would say it has finally set itself apart from that other show, so unless it goes back to being remarkably similar how about we stop mentioning the other one from now on.

So finally a good episode with what I was hoping for from this series, and it even allows me to now finally respond in this thread too. That fight while it wasn't over the top was more than enough to demonstrate the potential this show has. As it is about war more so than economy I can't help but think this might have been a little too late for this ep however since it has only 12 confirmed episodes. So we are half way through and only now do we see the bloodshed associated with war. Only losing 500 soldiers on that advance wasn't too bad either considering didn't the other winter king lose 200,000 soldiers on those ships.

But still it was a good episode, even if the ice general guy was surprisingly weak despite his large size and confidence.
They made him easily defeated to show how tough she is.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Supernatural Knight wrote:I agree with Keichii and Meta, to me as well spice and wolf was boring with almost no action, and when your heroine can transform into a giant fox spirit and still doesn't really hurt anyone that is enough to say it is without any action in my opinion.

Hey now I didn't say it was boring just that there wasn't any "action". But the moments where she goes giant wolf are still pretty good because they are normally trying to escape to reach somewhere.

But anyway even if the series does stay on it's current trend I still think the two are worth comparing. But in the same sense you compare Naruto, One piece. and Bleach. They are both still anime with a similar style, feel, and genera but they clearly have some big differences as well.

Also I think the lack of bloodshed is because the show wouldn't get anywhere only showing bloodshed. The whole point is to end the war in such a way that both sides survive. If all they did was kill everything then wouldn't they just be doing exactly what everyone was doing anyway? Rather than just fighting the Hero and Demon king are slowly manipulating everything.

First make the winter kingdom independent so that they won't need the central government to survive. The reconquest of the island is also towards this aim while at the same time destroying the demon's foothold in the human world. Then with both the island and the demon town liberated they set things up for the next phase of the plan. Whatever that might be. The plan will likely be more directly involved with the war now that they have laid the ground work for so many people to support themselves without the war's benefit.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Hey now I didn't say it was boring just that there wasn't any "action". But the moments where she goes giant wolf are still pretty good because they are normally trying to escape to reach somewhere.

But anyway even if the series does stay on it's current trend I still think the two are worth comparing. But in the same sense you compare Naruto, One piece. and Bleach. They are both still anime with a similar style, feel, and genera but they clearly have some big differences as well.

Also I think the lack of bloodshed is because the show wouldn't get anywhere only showing bloodshed. The whole point is to end the war in such a way that both sides survive. If all they did was kill everything then wouldn't they just be doing exactly what everyone was doing anyway? Rather than just fighting the Hero and Demon king are slowly manipulating everything.

First make the winter kingdom independent so that they won't need the central government to survive. The reconquest of the island is also towards this aim while at the same time destroying the demon's foothold in the human world. Then with both the island and the demon town liberated they set things up for the next phase of the plan. Whatever that might be. The plan will likely be more directly involved with the war now that they have laid the ground work for so many people to support themselves without the war's benefit.

I consider "dramatic scenes" as action scenes, because they both get me onto the edge of my seat.

This is why I love both of these anime (S&W, Maoyuu) so much. I just love the political/marketing problems that they face, along with action/dramatic scenes. To me t's just the perfect combination. It's not a senseless anime that only have "I have to save her" arcs (I'm not saying that those are bad though, just that they are kinda cliche), because of the thinking problems. Nor is it too boring because of the drama/action.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:59 pm

I had enough economics in high school and college. I dont want any more.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:I had enough economics in high school and college. I dont want any more.

Yes but they make it the key to saving the world. Plus they are teaching purely practical stuff not all the other dull stuff that you would need to know if you went into buisness.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:I had enough economics in high school and college. I dont want any more.

I wonder what you were learning... I hated economic stuff in school, but in anime I find totally different and I enjoy them. Maybe because I don't need to think myself lol
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Ovyda wrote:

I wonder what you were learning... I hated economic stuff in school, but in anime I find totally different and I enjoy them. Maybe because I don't need to think myself lol

Yeah they pretty much just lay it out for you like "Hey this is some economic stuff, this is what it means, and this is how you use it..... now back to the plot so we can apply this stuff". So the economic aspect is used really well. It isn't forced in to make the anime feel smart. It really has a purpose in the plot and without it the show would actually be pretty boring because a bunch of crap would be happening and you'd have no idea how it why like "We just solved this town food shortage problems, now we solved food problems in the winter country while improving relations with the church and several other groups". You can appreciate how far they have come when you actually see the work behind it.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Man, in school I have economics and now I'm learning economics from both school and this series, kinda crazy though
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Man, in school I have economics and now I'm learning economics from both school and this series, kinda crazy though
Well now you are going to be an expert. Rolling Eyes
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 am

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 2eur215
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Spoiler:

Damn that lucky pillow.

Am I the only one who thinks it is kinda sad that that pillow has probably seen more "action" than the hero?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:18 am

All I has to say is ...dat ending....
I like the bed scene too. Both the knight and the demon king xD
In the next episode I am waiting for the knight to pledge her love and loyalty whilst giving the hero her sword and of course the demon king being put in trouble/the hero must go to her.

iJelly of that pillow too T.T
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:23 am

All you needed to know from this one . . .

New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna35
New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna33New Release Club Maoyuu Maou Yuusha discussion - Page 2 Vlcsna34
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next