JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

+9
Keiichi Morisato
Hatless
Noobs
Ovyda
Sporadic
LunarLexal
Bato
Natsu Dragneel
Supernatural Knight
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 am

I was confused after that episode....

Could be just me . . .
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

Post by Bato Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:50 am

No1 knows whats rly going on yet. Not even the MC's
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:23 pm

I think everyone's confused here
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Come on people, when don't we love a series were everyone summons demons or something like that, right?

Zatch Bell...
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Just finished watched the second episode. Another awesome fight, and a little more detail about this anime's world.

Spoiler:
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Eh... somehow I expected more. It's good and all, but something is missing to me... I think I need to see antagonist, now just random demons who are weak Neutral
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 pm

This show feels like Digimon Data Squad with demons. So far... MEH!
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Ovyda wrote:Eh... somehow I expected more. It's good and all, but something is missing to me... I think I need to see antagonist, now just random demons who are weak Neutral
I'm betting that the Antagonist of this series will be whoever/whatever will be making the earth disappear in six days. I'm also betting that he/it'll appear pretty soon.

But, for now, you're right. This show, and any show for that matter, needs a proper Antagonist.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:48 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:Eh... somehow I expected more. It's good and all, but something is missing to me... I think I need to see antagonist, now just random demons who are weak Neutral
I'm betting that the Antagonist of this series will be whoever/whatever will be making the earth disappear in six days. I'm also betting that he/it'll appear pretty soon.

But, for now, you're right. This show, and any show for that matter, needs a proper Antagonist.

I would understand if the MC had used a different avatar, but now fighting against weak demons with your strongest one already is kinda... hmm. Otherwise he will be able to call even stronger avatars, then it's alright.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 am

Its not like hes a pro or anything.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:07 am

Bato wrote:Its not like hes a pro or anything.

Well it's not a game, so you don't have to be pro Very Happy

A friend of mine who plays this game replied to me about this "something is missing to me" part.

They Didn't Progress The Story Much...Thats What Was Missing...All They Did Was Throw Info At You (Fumi's Missing, 6 Septentriones Left, Wild Cell-Phones Cause Demons To Appear, etc.)

And I agree. We just got bits of information regarding these, nothing is clear. I doubt they will take time explaining in the next episodes as well.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:27 am

But being a pro and having experience is what would allow you to have a better chance at summoning other demons and fighting better. Being a novice doesn't exactly help you in a life and death situation where what is on the line is the world.
So having an awesomely strong avatar is only limitedly helpful to him at this very point in time, but they did say that was weak and he did struggle against it.

About whats missing, there is time for some explanation so there is no need to be worried about a rushed ending with zero info yet. I can't speak about Fumi as I have no clue but I feel that the Septentriones will be explained shortly next ep or two away, while the cellphone revelation will be sometime in the last 4 eps. Supernatural shows aren't expected to tell you everything right away, thats part of what makes them more interesting.

Now personally I am interested in seeing where the other two MC's demons are going. That ogre was pretty interesting while the fairy and poltergeist were kind of limited with what they could do. And since the poltergeist still needed more recharge time could it possibly get much stronger?
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Yea but hes just not experienced with this yet. Hes had 2 fights so far and the first wasnt even him summoning the demon conciously. He probably just summons what he can summon and that is his strongest demon. Thats what i mean.

I havent played the game so i dont know much about it.

I am dissappointed that its only 13 eps. Imo that is too short to explain evrything. Im hoping they will take their time and make a 2nd season eventually
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:04 pm

It's not like he's doing much anyway... all he does is summons the demon and everything else demon has to it on his own... I haven't played the game so I can't say anything if it's actually important for the summoner to be somewhat pro/experienced... or it's totally just about how powerful your demon is.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:12 pm

I have a feeling that something bad will happen in later episodes, but who cares.

The latest episode was cool, the anime now has the mystery vibe around it
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm

so far ive been following this show and it has been too freaking awesome especially the first episode
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:25 pm

I decided I'd watch this since it does look cool and I do want to keep up with the club.

Shows of this type normally get that later on. The band of heroes develop their skills while fighting random small fry until the real villains finally make their move and bring the fights to "The next level". I have not played the game so I don't know how the summoning system works. Like how much player skill factors in and if summons can power up.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Spoiler:
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

It's really really really rare when I agree with you on something, but this time I do agree. I think I should blame my high expectations, since the show is good, but due to my expectations it looks average...
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:59 am

I was like woah in the latest episode, the death of a character that was just introduced, the hacking and the hypnotised professor doing the hacking, I just had to say woah
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:30 am

the first episode was great and all but now its getting a little predictble i mean a tsundere these days
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:00 pm

It's getting on my nerves... instead of finally explaining something, they make it just more complicated.

At least they would explain how are they linked with those avatars, how they can affect them (we obviously saw that when he got mad his avatar's power increased... I am also interested if their avatar get's killed(if it's possible in first place), does it affect the wielder...) tbh, I have so many questions and yet they are not answering them.

I hope they aren't going to keep going like this and explain everything at the end or don't explain at all -.-
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:17 am

well at least it is fun watching people get vaporized

and you just to have fun trying to figure out the connections,
at least they arent spoon feeding us
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:53 am

Ovyda wrote:It's getting on my nerves... instead of finally explaining something, they make it just more complicated.

At least they would explain how are they linked with those avatars, how they can affect them (we obviously saw that when he got mad his avatar's power increased... I am also interested if their avatar get's killed(if it's possible in first place), does it affect the wielder...) tbh, I have so many questions and yet they are not answering them.

I hope they aren't going to keep going like this and explain everything at the end or don't explain at all -.-

basing from the first episode, if the HP (lets just use a game term for it) of the avatar runs out, it goes to a recovery mode like what happened to that girls beast avatar. it was also explained that demons are now summoned using mathematical methods instead of rituals (how fak up technique is that). from what ive observed, the vital weakness of any wielder is their physical self. not like mirai nikki's diary
Spoiler:

the thing that im more concerened about is that hq leader that is so calm like he knows what will happen next. he predicts something will happen on an area just as what the MC noticed.
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am

Noobs wrote:
Ovyda wrote:It's getting on my nerves... instead of finally explaining something, they make it just more complicated.

basing from the first episode, if the HP (lets just use a game term for it) of the avatar runs out, it goes to a recovery mode like what happened to that girls beast avatar. it was also explained that demons are now summoned using mathematical methods instead of rituals (how fak up technique is that). from what ive observed, the vital weakness of any wielder is their physical self. not like mirai nikki's diary
Spoiler:

the thing that im more concerened about is that hq leader that is so calm like he knows what will happen next. he predicts something will happen on an area just as what the MC noticed.
Yeah a few summoners have had their demon's killed and nothing happened to them. But I have a few questions myself. What the hell are the creators of the program up to? They create a demon summoning program that doesn't bother to take into account if the summoner can actually control the thing. So there are several people who summon them only to be immediately killed and then their phones just start infinitely summon for some reason. Why does the phone even have an infinite summon feature?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next