JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth

4 posters

Go down

[SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth Empty [SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth

Post by BK-201 Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 am

The Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth

[SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth Ec18e11PansLabyrinthPoster

Let's discuss this film!

Here are some questions to think about:
What did you like and/or dislike about the film? Why?
Was there something you did not understand in the film?
Would you improve anything about the film?
Were you satisfied with the ending?
What is your overall rating?

Feel free to to use or not use the questions.

Last edited by BK-201 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: [SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth

Post by sayWut Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am

Was there something you did not understand in the film?
Everything .... ok well from what I understand err. All I know is that some faun wanted her insides and then she got shot. From what I gather she moved with her mother to live with her dad or step dad? during a war of some sort , I guess its to do with ww2 by the age anyway What I don't understand is the reality concept, wither this is real, or she basically made it up in her mind which I assume she did make it up all in her mind due to the fact at the end she got shot and died. I guess she made it all up due to the fact of how bad it must have been. However it wasn't to bad on her at the start and that's when she met the fairy thing so I again im confused to if it was a real world or not

Would you improve anything about the film?
Nothing, this was an excellent film. From the bat I was intrigued and it had a very interesting story line, as I said although I didn't fully understand the film I loved every second of it

Were you satisfied with the ending?
To an extent, i liked the progression of the film, it started to speed up and get even more n depth and interesting. shame she got shot that guy was a prick

What is your overall rating?

9/10 This really was a good film,
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth Empty Re: [SPOILERS] Film Club Discussion - Pan's Labyrinth

Post by Pando Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Okay my review.

I've already seen this movie before, and I've always liked it. I know it can be a bit difficult to understand, but it's still a pretty good movie. Well, it's also easier for me since I speak spanish hehe.

The reason why I like this movie is because of the darkness to it but at the same time the fantasy side of it gave it a nice feeling. If this movie hadn't had any fantasy it would be a tragedy....

I can't think of anything to improve, I thought the film was excellent overall, perhaps adding more magical creatures would have made it better, I would have liked to see more of that, but it was still good.

I thought the ending was great. The ending could have been sad or happy, I think it's the choice of whoever watches it. That's one of the aspects I like the most. I like to go with the happy ending myself. Her human body died but she went to the magical kingdom. Also I was glad that damn captain got justice, he was an asshole.

My rating's 10/10.

@sayWut
It was during WWII but it didn't have anything to do with it. This happened in Spain during the final stages of the civil war. The captain(girl's stepfather) was sent there to hunt down the remaining rebels. Also it was insinuated that he sent the girl's father to the front lines so he could be killed, I don't remember that part very well. Anyway so yeah he has no relation to the girl he's just the stepfather. Okay continuing so the girl was a princess in the underground magic world many years ago, but she wanted to see the light from the human world. So she went up, but when she saw the light for the first time it was so bright to her she died and lost her memory. She was reincarnated into the girl, but her memory still didn't come back. Her father had opened many portals for her to find and come back and the one in the movie was the last open portal. The faun's job was to instruct her and to make sure she hadn't turned completely human, a mortal, and that her immortal essence was still here. So that's why she had to do the three tests. The frog, the dagger, and at the end it was supposedly to kill her baby brother but the real test was NOT to kill him. So she passed and after her human body was killed she went to the magic kingdom underground.

And about whether it was real or not I think it's up to you, you can either go with the sad ending, or with the happy ending.

If you have any questions let me know Smile

Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Vishal09x Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm

I like the fantasy, it gives it a magical touch.

I dont think, anything needs to be improved, its just perfect.

Rate 9/10

I like the ending, she died but she went to the kingdom. The ending was kind of sad and happy, i have to agree with sporadic.
Vishal09x
Vishal09x
Lab Member

Male Posts : 79
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum