JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

+9
Keiichi Morisato
Hatless
Noobs
Ovyda
Sporadic
LunarLexal
Bato
Natsu Dragneel
Supernatural Knight
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion Empty New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Devil Survivor 2

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion 47191

Mysterious invaders called the Septentriones arrive in Japan and begin attacking the country on a Sunday. To fight back, the heroes in Devil Survivor 2 signed a pact with the devil to become the Thirteen Devil Messengers. The Septentriones show up at least once a day and you have a time limit of seven days to defeat them.

With the recent airing of this series, let the discussion begin.

So far I haven't watched it yet, but I will get to it in no more than 12 hours, so by then I should have an opinion.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion Empty Re: New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

Post by Natsu Dragneel Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:26 pm

And so it begins
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion Empty Re: New Release Club Devil Survivor 2 discussion

Post by Bato Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:08 pm

That was freaking awesome!

Spoiler:
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Finished watching the first episode. Wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still awesome!
Spoiler:
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Definitely not what I was expecting either. It was very good. Will definitely keep watching.

I liked seeing that you can have multiple demon avatars as well. At first I thought they were going to be stuck with those same ones.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Sporadic wrote:Definitely not what I was expecting either. It was very good. Will definitely keep watching.

I liked seeing that you can have multiple demon avatars as well. At first I thought they were going to be stuck with those same ones.

I wonder how many demons they can have out at once?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm

I had a bit more expectations, but for the first ep it was good. It certainly caught my interested, just wished for a more badass MC. But you never know what might happen later...

And I loved the multiply demon avatar thing as well.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Looks like we made good choices in the anime of this season, after watching the first episode I have a feeling that the anime will have some epic things happening
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:38 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Looks like we made good choices in the anime of this season, after watching the first episode I have a feeling that the anime will have some epic things happening

Wouldn't say that Date A Live was worse...
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:Looks like we made good choices in the anime of this season, after watching the first episode I have a feeling that the anime will have some epic things happening

Date A Live wasn't that bad for a first impression
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Ovyda wrote:

I would...
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:54 am

Im not going into that discussion, but since Devil Survivor was my nominee im happy we are having this one as official discussion.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 am

Well that was certainly a way to start a series. Already I really like this, I'm not sure at what time exactly I began to like it but I do think it was sometime within the first meet up of the protagonists. Already I like both male characters as they seem interesting and Daichi's attitude especially I can relate to.

That app, it is awesome. And that question, "would you like to live/die" really cracked me up, like there is any hesitation.

I like those demons all of them, powerful lightning tiger, strong ogre, little fairy that saved Daichi's life, and of course the little poltergeist that seemed to laugh at his owner.

Bato wrote:That was freaking awesome!

At this point i have no idea whats going on either, but neither do the MC's. So its suppose to be like this. Anyway, i loved this first ep, full of action, full of mystery and those summoned demons were awesome
Thats what I enjoy about series of this genre, you aren't meant to know everything at the beginning, which I find much more interesting to find it out with the characters than be given all of the info within the first 10mins

So we have an earthquake type scenario, the death of the MC's, demons, and a secret government organisation, what else would we possibly want?
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:29 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
So we have an earthquake type scenario, the death of the MC's, demons, and a secret government organisation, what else would we possibly want?

More badass MC and few good looking girls?Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Bato wrote:Im not going into that discussion

I don't think anyone was lol
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:50 am

now buffering the video.

i hope its really good as what everyone said. ^^

EDIT

article 404? its not found!!! xD
Spoiler:

Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:17 am

Noobs wrote:now buffering the video.

i hope its really good as what everyone said. ^^

EDIT

article 404? its not found!!! xD
Spoiler:

I was thinking the same when they said 404 lol
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 am

Finally remembered what DS2 reminds me of. Persona 4. Demons, summoning, see's deaths before it happens... But DS2 seems to have more action.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Am I the only one that knows that Devil Survivor 2 is part of the Shin Megami Tensei game series?, which Persona is also part of
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:00 pm

I havent seen Persona and have never heard of Shin Megami Tensei series.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Bato wrote:I havent seen Persona and have never heard of Shin Megami Tensei series.
I haven't seen Persona either, but I heard the anime was awesome and worth watching, neither did I knew about the Shin Megami Tensei series until recently
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 pm

well

that was fun and fun is good

looking forward to the next ep
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:
Bato wrote:I havent seen Persona and have never heard of Shin Megami Tensei series.
I haven't seen Persona either, but I heard the anime was awesome and worth watching, neither did I knew about the Shin Megami Tensei series until recently

I don't know that much about the games, but both anime's sure look really similar. And I do recommend you to watch Persona 4 The animation.

Edit: I looked up and yes apparently both games are made by the same people, so no wonder they looked similar.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:33 pm

Ovyda wrote:Finally remembered what DS2 reminds me of. Persona 4. Demons, summoning, see's deaths before it happens... But DS2 seems to have more action.

Yeah. As soon as they summoned the first demon it clicked for me. I enjoyed P4 though so this gives me higher hopes.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Come on people, when don't we love a series were everyone summons demons or something like that, right?
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next