JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anime Cafe - Highschool DxD Discussion

+10
Wampa
Natsuru-san
Supernatural Knight
Pando
Natsu Dragneel
Metazoxan
Ovyda
Bato
Blazer
Sir Maddy
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Anime Cafe - Highschool DxD Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - Highschool DxD Discussion

Post by Blazer Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:26 am

Ovyda wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:This is actually the only ecchi anime that was more awesome in the action part rather than the ecchi part IMO

Watch Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.
Is it on the same level as High School DxD? Either way, I'll add it to my list

DxD is definitely better.

Only the specials have nudity in Estetica. But there's a good mix of action and ecchi.

Agreed. I recommend as well to watch Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

I thought the main series had nudity too....*raises eyebrow*
Still a good watch though ^.^
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - Highschool DxD Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - Highschool DxD Discussion

Post by Bato Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 am

Yeah this has been discussed enough i guess. But wasnt it gonna be left open for when season 2 starts?
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Bato wrote:Yeah this has been discussed enough i guess. But wasnt it gonna be left open for when season 2 starts?

Yeah the show was left pretty open. Sure he beat the bad guy but his power apparently has some secrets to it and there are still foes on the Horizon.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Knight and I made an agreement: That the second season would be part of both the Anime Cafe and the New Release Club's activities, since he's the leader of the latter
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Knight and I made an agreement: That the second season would be part of both the Anime Cafe and the New Release Club's activities, since he's the leader of the latter

Do we even know that a second season will ever come? Sure the chances are good but is there any news of it being green lit?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:Knight and I made an agreement: That the second season would be part of both the Anime Cafe and the New Release Club's activities, since he's the leader of the latter

Do we even know that a second season will ever come? Sure the chances are good but is there any news of it being green lit?

I thought it was already green lit...
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Blazer wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

I thought it was already green lit...

Let me google that quick..........

Okay strike what I said earlier it was green lit
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15451/Highschool_DxD_2nd_Season
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/09/05/high-school-dxd-second-season-confirmed

It was even announced way back in September. I guess I just forgot that it was actually announced.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 pm

So Knight will make a new thread for it for the new release club or will we discuss it in this thread?
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 am

Bato wrote:

So Knight will make a new thread for it for the new release club or will we discuss it in this thread?

We'll probably discuss it in The New Release Club.
Because by the time it airs, this thread will be long dead.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 am

bump ftw xD
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am

Sir Maddy wrote:
Bato wrote:

yeah although season 2 was green lit I haven't seen it on an anime chart so at best it will be a summer anime. But since no release date has even been hinted it might even be a fall or winter anime. Hopefully it won't be to far off.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 pm

I never saw the thread until today, darn. This was my second time watching it and i though it was excellent.
A few opinions/questions/observations that I had:
-What exactly is a contract that Rias talk about?
-About the familiars, I am glad Issei did not receive the slime as his familiar I do not like that dragon :p
-I think it is refreshing that no matter how much Issei wants a harem he is always taken back with it comes to Rias or Asia.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:32 pm

I know you all been waiting for my review, those of you that know me know I LOVED DxD.

Im gonna start off by saying yes this is highly ecchi BUT, I think here its actually done well.
Then again I could just be a horny bastard.

Highschool DxD

Ecchi, action, good story, great characters
And then there's Rias.
Hot demon redhead (referred to as devils in the LN)
I thought the story was great.
I thought it progressed really well and I cant wait for season 2.
This isnt ecchi for ecchi's sake. Go watch Senran Kagura for blatant ecchi with no cause.
Yes Issei is a pervert. What teenage boy isnt???
I love the magic that Rias uses on Issei's parents to brainwash them.
I love Akeno, the sick sadist she is. I dont think even Yuno Gasai laughed while mercilessly killing people.
Asia is the cutest nun. Period.
Koneko is basically the general sweets loving loli.
Issei's 'Dress Break' is genius.
And above all else ...

I
WANT
ISSEI'S
ALARM
CLOCK
!!!!!!!!!!

Scores.
Story - 9.5
Art / Character design - 10
Music - 10
Voice acting - 9.5
Character progression - 9.5
Humor - 9
SFX - 8

Ep 13 - 9.5, nothing extra to the story, just same as the OVAs and pure fanservice.
OVAs - 10 (esp #3)

Overall - 9.5
This is in my top 10 anime and one of my favorites!

If I had to bitch about something is that they didnt develop Asia as much as the rest. Yes you got her backstory as well but I just have a feeling there could have been so much more for her.

I want S2 already

The Anime Cafe - Highschool DxD Discussion - Page 3 PlJhrtW
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

What do you mean by 3rd OVA? There's only 2 and the 2nd is yet to be aired o.0 Or you meant those specials?
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 am

Ovyda wrote:What do you mean by 3rd OVA? There's only 2 and the 2nd is yet to be aired o.0 Or you meant those specials?

The 6 mini ovas
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 am

Ah yeah the 6 specials.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
Bato wrote:

yeah although season 2 was green lit I haven't seen it on an anime chart so at best it will be a summer anime. But since no release date has even been hinted it might even be a fall or winter anime. Hopefully it won't be to far off.

Yeah the 2nd season will be a joint activity between the two clubs because by itself it doesn't fit either clubs description [mine we have to of watched the first season of it, while for the anime cafe it needs to be fully released to qualify]

But why worry about the exact details now, as Meta said it isn't listed on any charts yet, and MAL still doesn't even have a rough air date, so by the time it is airing we would of moved to the new site therefore probably leaving behind this thread. So surely it will just be remade at the appropriate time in the future with a title reflecting that of our collaboration.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Supernatural Knight wrote:Yeah the 2nd season will be a joint activity between the two clubs because by itself it doesn't fit either clubs description [mine we have to of watched the first season of it, while for the anime cafe it needs to be fully released to qualify]

But why worry about the exact details now, as Meta said it isn't listed on any charts yet, and MAL still doesn't even have a rough air date, so by the time it is airing we would of moved to the new site therefore probably leaving behind this thread. So surely it will just be remade at the appropriate time in the future with a title reflecting that of our collaboration.

Whether on this site or another, would we have to be a member of both clubs to participate in this discussion? Atm i am not part of New Release.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:
Supernatural Knight wrote:Yeah the 2nd season will be a joint activity between the two clubs because by itself it doesn't fit either clubs description [mine we have to of watched the first season of it, while for the anime cafe it needs to be fully released to qualify]

Whether on this site or another, would we have to be a member of both clubs to participate in this discussion? Atm i am not part of New Release.

Don't worry, nobody will forbid you to discuss.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Then you dont know me yet Twisted Evil
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 am

Ginger7327 wrote:

No you wont have to be a member of both to be able to discuss, hell you don't have to even be a member of either to discuss it because there is no one that wants to promote less discussion.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3