JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13

+7
Ovyda
Sir Maddy
Natsuru-san
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
Shogun13
Blazer
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13 Empty The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13

Post by Blazer Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 pm

The Anime Cafe
D.N.Angel Discussion EPS: 1-13

D.N.Angel: http://myanimelist.net/anime/61/D.N.Angel
The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13 5248

Here, you can discuss the Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, School, Shoujo anime D.N.Angel.
You can say what you liked and disliked, what could be improved, and you can even ask questions regarding the anime.

Well enough of me talking, discuss away.

Well that's the usual spiel from Maddy. So I started this up tonight and I have to say. I feel like headdesking right now. I've only seen 2 episodes and it makes me want to repeatedly hit my head against my desk. This little "romance" bit >.<

Spoiler:

Last edited by Blazer on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13

Post by Shogun13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm sorry.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 1-13

Post by Blazer Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Shogun13 wrote:I'm sorry.

Thank you for the warning >.> I think I will turn up the playback speed and try to speed through it. Still better than Vampire Knight though.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:59 pm

A little early don't you think
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:A little early don't you think

It's never too early to discuss anime. ^.^
I know some people have already seen it as well. They might wanna talk ^.^
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:14 pm

When the club leader tells you its a little too early you might wanna consider it and leave the thread making up to them.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Sporadic wrote:When the club leader tells you its a little too early you might wanna consider it and leave the thread making up to them.

no duh. if he wants it removed you can always delete it. I can't really delete threads no can i?
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

I appreciate your help Blazer for creating a thread of the anime we're watching, but even if the majority of us watched D.N.Angel and you create a thread for only those people to discuss it, it will just ruin the point of having the activity.

For now just close this thread, when the time comes that everyone has watched D.N.Angel, then you can re-open the thread. I'm not saying you did something wrong here, it's just that you might have been so excited about us watching D.N.Angel that you forgot we have 3 weeks to watch the anime

That or we can have it open until we finish the anime, we discuss every episode of the anime every time we finish an episode.

Also, Maddy's the one in charge of creating the discussion threads but if you like, you can substitute her if she's not available, the rules still haven't changed even if I took leadership after Pulp and Rain suddenly stopped coming to the forum

That's all I have to say right now
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 am

@Natsu: From my understanding we're suppsed to watch like 9 eps each week for a 26 ep anime and well I just assumed that after the first week the thread would be created and we'd discuss those first 9 eps and then watch the next 9 and discuss those eps and then watch the rest and discuss those eps. Now I only mention this because something here is worrying me. For threads like these we should have to worry about the eps being spoiled for us but if we do it any other way then the one I just mentioned then hello spoilers and I don't believe we should have to use spoilers in this case for these types of threads. So you can see why I'm concerned about doing it any other way. I've watched 2-3 eps so far and I can avoid this thread until I've seen the 9 eps but then for those who've seen more then that number and post spoilers it'll ruin it for me and I might not want to watch it if it's spoiled for me. So what say you to the sitch that I bring up?
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:36 am

Natsuru-san wrote:@Natsu: From my understanding we're suppsed to watch like 9 eps each week for a 26 ep anime and well I just assumed that after the first week the thread would be created and we'd discuss those first 9 eps and then watch the next 9 and discuss those eps and then watch the rest and discuss those eps. Now I only mention this because something here is worrying me. For threads like these we should have to worry about the eps being spoiled for us but if we do it any other way then the one I just mentioned then hello spoilers and I don't believe we should have to use spoilers in this case for these types of threads. So you can see why I'm concerned about doing it any other way. I've watched 2-3 eps so far and I can avoid this thread until I've seen the 9 eps but then for those who've seen more then that number and post spoilers it'll ruin it for me and I might not want to watch it if it's spoiled for me. So what say you to the sitch that I bring up?
I actually just remembered something Pulp and Rain used to do with 26 episode anime: Create two discussion threads, each one representing episodes 1-13 and 14-26.

So how about this then: @Blazer, you can change the title of the thread so that it can represent episodes 1-13 of the anime, when the majority this time has finished the entire anime then I can have either you or Maddy to create the thread for episodes 14-26, that should be a little more fair.

If not, then I'll ask a mod to delete the thread later
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:56 am

Also, Maddy's the one in charge of creating the discussion threads but if you like, you can substitute her if she's not available, the rules still haven't changed even if I took leadership after Pulp and Rain suddenly stopped coming to the forum

Oh I thought Sir Maddy just did it cuz she was available. Surprised My bad. I just copied her format. You can do whatever you want haha.

I guess I was a little excited ^.^

And we can do whatever you want. Rename this/delete this, it's whatever. I'm just here to talk about anime.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:17 am

I fell asleep and forgot to log off.
However, because it's up I think we can allow it, as long as you change it so you do episode 1-13 and I do the rest.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am

And I finished episodes 1-16 yesterday...lol...

I will put some of how I felt now since it's on the mind. I will still talk about it later though ^.^

--------spoiler line---------

Ok so I have to say the whole romance was killing me the entire 13 episodes. Also the fact that these episodes were more so unrelated to each other was really a disappointment. I ended up watching these episodes at 4x the regular speed (something like that. I used VLC and clicked the super fast button 3 times xD) or 3x the regular speed. They seemed to be of little value and only contained some minor important points, development, or background.

For example: The fact that Niwa went back in time and saved his grandfather is pretty cool and a somewhat important backstory that will most likely never be referenced to again. Of course the introduction of Mito? the "Princess" is important because she still shows up in later episodes but nothing else was useful from that.

I feel like the only thing I retained from the first 1-13 episodes:

Risa is a person who is slow/dull and very aggravating because of how she hurts Niwa and doesn't even know it. The drama between her and Dark killed me the whole time. It's safe to say Risa is down on my like list.

Riku likes Niwa (began assuming so from ep 2-3 ;D) and is more aware of the situation than Risa. I also am somewhat irritated that Dark kissed her and they never settled that whole fiasco.

Finally, Niwa is an acrobatic ninja and all of the other characters are pretty cool..(except Dark can be a douche at times)
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:17 pm

@Natsu: That sounds like a better idea. This way people hopefully won't discuss the eps that are past the 13 mark at least until the next thread is up. So far I've now seen only 3 eps.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:43 pm

^speaking of which...I sped through those too ...hehe..Smile
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:46 am

After having it for a long time on hold at ep8, I finally can pick it up again Very Happy Will watch today two eps ^^
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:16 am

Well technically I only watched 12 episodes at this point....but oh well here goes.

This anime is pretty slow right now. Honestly the "romance" part of it is kind of shoved into my face with the whole girl with an irritating crush on Dark. I don't know about you but I'm going for the other sister (the athletic one)

The episodes are to unrelated with each other and I am kinda hoping for some cohesion for the later ones.

Let me say though that the soundtrack is great! I feel with music this good the anime needs to start bringing together a cohesive story soon to take full advantage. I'm waiting for the anime to take it up a notch here.

One more thing... Wiff (with? The bunny animal) is full of win Very Happy
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:36 am

Just finished the 13th episode. Im going to have to agree with most people when they say the romance is over done. Some episodes haven't limited themselves to the main romance and added an extra set or 2 just to make things more irritating. Now i will be the first to admit that shojo/romance are not my forte anime, but i can stomach some, but this has the tendency to drive me nuts so far. Now there have been some episodes that haven't bothered me as much. Usually those that focus on the theft job which i find fascinating.

Voices haven't bothered me (well the twins' do sometimes) and the music flows well.

Yes, Wiff is so cute!!!

Pretty sure Hiwatari is gay for Dai.
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Hiwatari needs to hurry up and go all "white angel" on us already Twisted Evil . I think it's only delaying the inevitable and right now we need more of a conflict then a friendly rivalry.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Doomguy wrote:Hiwatari needs to hurry up and go all "white angel" on us already Twisted Evil . I think it's only delaying the inevitable and right now we need more of a conflict then a friendly rivalry.

Need more of everything in the first 13 episodes. The last arc is cohesive so you can at least look forward to that. Also I completely agree about the romance being very....retarded right now and the episodes are just fillers in my eyes. I mean you gain some small things here and there, but overall a waste of time IMO. (See my post on first page for more detail xD)
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm

It's been a long time since I got so excited about an anime.

Romance comes first in most anime but, this one has a good balance of romance and everything else, thought I hope there's something good in the next half of the anime.

The characters are all Ok, looks like everyone here is liking Dark more than any other character in the series, he's awesome.

And like everyone else says: Wiff is so god dam cute

Part 2 of the discussion thread will be open next week
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 pm

I don't know... I was enjoying while watching 1 episode in 2 weeks, but because of this activity I had to watch it more often. It became kinda boring... I'm glad we have Dark, who makes it a lot better!
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:46 pm

I had a sneaking feeling that some people might enjoy this anime. I might not be in that group but I think I can see the appeal. Hard for me to explain though. It's slow...I would still suggest finishing it.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:01 pm

It's better to watch it slowly as well rather than rushing because of this activity. I think that way you could enjoy more. Just my opinion.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:09 pm

Ovyda wrote:It's better to watch it slowly as well rather than rushing because of this activity. I think that way you could enjoy more. Just my opinion.
I could change the rules if I wanted but, it's best to leave them like that. The only thing I changed was the instead of 8 anime to nominate, we should nominate 5 like when the club started
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next