JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26

+10
Kusanagi
LunarLexal
Sporadic
Bato
Wampa
Natsu Dragneel
Doomguy
Shadow_Links
Ginger7327
Blazer
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26 Empty The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26

Post by Blazer Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:21 pm

The Anime Cafe
D.N.Angel Discussion EPS: 14-26

D.N.Angel: http://myanimelist.net/anime/61/D.N.Angel
The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26 5248

Here you can discuss the Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Romance, School, Shoujo anime D.N.Angel.
You can say what you liked and disliked, what could be improved, and you can even ask questions regarding the anime.

Well enough of me talking, discuss away.

Part 2

My mini paragraph's worth of comments:

Well I have to say that this anime was utterly unsatisfying and deserved the 6/10 that I gave it. In the end I was left with a mediocre story and luke-warm romance. Granted, I watched this show a while back and finished it rather quickly, I still remember the distaste I was left with. After I review some scenes and remember more details I might be able to pull together more of my thoughts. I might also piggyback on some of what you guys will say haha.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26

Post by Ginger7327 Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 pm

I wasn't a big fan of the anime. I loved Riku and Wif, I though Daisuke was an alright character but I did not like Risa or Dark almost at all. I thought the romance was alright, it was really the only thing that kept me watching. I rated it 2.5/5 on Anime-Planet.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - D.N.Angel EPS: 14-26

Post by Shadow_Links Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Still not a fan. 5/10. I enjoyed the 2nd half more, but the ending still was a letdown. Romance genres tend to be frustrating for me to watch, this being no exception. When everything including much of the comedy comes back to the romance I really lose interest.

Wif was definitely my favorite thing in this. Not sure why but i liked Dark and felt he went rather unexplored. But then maybe his mystery was part of the allure.
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Agreed on the three of you. It was a little boring especially on the early going. I suppose it got better towards the end but by then it was too late. That was really the main fault of the anime, it was boring with nothing really going on and a weak main story that only appeared at the end.

Still if boring is the worst criticism I could come up with then I'm sure some people might say that they liked the relaxed nature of the anime. I just know I'm not one of them...

I few notes on the anime -

Great music! Really fit the slow mood and the romance. I'm a sucker for good music and this show had some pretty pieces. Helped me get through the slowness of the show.

I liked the intro and also how it was portrayed in the last episode. Pretty cool I think. Also I was surprise to find that there's a English dub version of the intro sung by the voice of Dark Vic Mignogna, and it does not suck! Didn't know he can sing.

My reaction on Riku winning out over her annoying sister.
Spoiler:
I would have honestly dropped the show in protest. I have done this before actually. Yeah I drop things for some strange reasons...

Hiwatari giving CPR to Daisuke was hilarious Very Happy
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

Gotta say, the anime was entertaining in my own opinion at least, I give it a 9/10 and for being an anime classic.

Daisuke really had a deal with romance by choosing between Risa and Riku, but in the end he chose Riku.

Dark is still awesome in my opinion, and Wiff he's still cute

Comedy and romance, a good balance between them
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:43 am

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Gotta say, the anime was entertaining in my own opinion at least, I give it a 9/10 and for being an anime classic.

Daisuke really had a deal with romance by choosing between Risa and Riku, but in the end he chose Riku.

You almost sounds disappointed that he chose Riku :p

The Eeveelution army is all powerful!!! Join us or die!!!
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 am

Ginger7327 wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:Gotta say, the anime was entertaining in my own opinion at least, I give it a 9/10 and for being an anime classic.

You almost sounds disappointed that he chose Riku :p

The Eeveelution army is all powerful!!! Join us or die!!!
Nah, I'm always surprised about how a romance between the MC ends up and I kinda had a feeling that Daisuke would end with Ruki
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

I guessed that as well. As soon as Riku started to have some feelings for him and stuff I figured they would get together.

I don't know. I agree the second season was better, but i still dislike it overall.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 am

Yea overall it wasnt my cup of tea. The romance was pretty meh imo and i didnt really like any character to much maybe Riku but thats about all. The story did get a bit better but i think i'm with most of you here overall i felt it was pretty meh and if i was watching it by myself would have probably dropped it early on
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:51 am

It seems that everyone who has posted so far has similar opinions of the anime, what was everyone's favorite episode(s)?

Mine was the episodes involving everyone entering Diasuke's painting and meeting The Second Hand of Time (I am not sure if that is the name). I thought that Diasuke acted heroic, which was a nice change, and it showed how much that Riku and Diasuke cared for each other.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:24 pm

I just finished it. It took me a while because i pretty much lost my attention and will to watch completely in this anime.

I rated it as a 5/10. It started alright and i liked Dark's phantom thief missions. But then it went terrible slow and boring. Then it became a little better again, but towards the end it went back to being boring and not interesting at all.

I rated it a 5/10 because the music was great and i loved the characters of Dark, Daisuke's dad and grandfather. Hiwatari/Satoshi/whatever his name was alright aswell. Daisuke was alright at the start of the anime, but when he tried being a hero i started disliking him. In the 2nd hand of time when Dark pulled him away, he started crying and screaming and kicking like a fucking 3 year old..........................

Overall a bad anime even though it was my own nominee.

Ginger7327 wrote:I wasn't a big fan of the anime. I loved Riku and Wif, I though Daisuke was an alright character but I did not like Risa or Dark almost at all. I thought the romance was alright, it was really the only thing that kept me watching. I rated it 2.5/5 on Anime-Planet.

How can you like Daisuke more than a badass like Dark? scratch
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

This series was so bad it doesn't deserve a detailed description. 4/10
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Sporadic wrote:This series was so bad it doesn't deserve a detailed description. 4/10
I wont dispute that..or agree...just smile and wave Smile

The best episode was 14, when the best character was introduced.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Bato wrote:Daisuke was alright at the start of the anime, but when he tried being a hero i started disliking him. In the 2nd hand of time when Dark pulled him away, he started crying and screaming and kicking like a fucking 3 year old..........................

Even though this was my favorite episode, I thought that part was weak. He was acting like a three year old and at that moment I think I liked Risa more than him.
There was just something about Dark's personality that irked me. I thought he was overly cocky, which would have been alright if he was funny, but I didnt think he was. I also didnt like how much of a dick he was pretty much the entire time, except closer to the end.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:
Bato wrote:Daisuke was alright at the start of the anime, but when he tried being a hero i started disliking him. In the 2nd hand of time when Dark pulled him away, he started crying and screaming and kicking like a fucking 3 year old..........................

Even though this was my favorite episode, I thought that part was weak. He was acting like a three year old and at that moment I think I liked Risa more than him.
There was just something about Dark's personality that irked me. I thought he was overly cocky, which would have been alright if he was funny, but I didnt think he was. I also didnt like how much of a dick he was pretty much the entire time, except closer to the end.

Oh that part. Seemed so out of character for the usually reserved Daisuke. The best episode to me was when Daisuke finally revealed his love to Riku. This is the ONE episode that was most important to me. If somehow Risa wins out I would have rage quit this show so hard Evil or Very Mad . Thankfully this episode sealed the deal on the relationship so I had no problems finishing up the show on an important matter to me.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Doomguy wrote:
Oh that part. Seemed so out of character for the usually reserved Daisuke. The best episode to me was when Daisuke finally revealed his love to Riku. This is the ONE episode that was most important to me. If somehow Risa wins out I would have rage quit this show so hard Evil or Very Mad . Thankfully this episode sealed the deal on the relationship so I had no problems finishing up the show on an important matter to me.

It would have been unrateable for me if he chose Rias. Expecially after she said (before knowing Riku's feelings) that she would only date him because he reminds her of Dark, I was ready to flip shit. I am glad she kinda stepped aside after she realized Riku's feelings, she gained some respect from me.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Doomguy wrote:
Hiwatari giving CPR to Daisuke was hilarious Very Happy

I don't know why people, in anime, always freak out when CPR happens. It's not kissing, and it's to save a life! But in anime everyone goes "Oh my goodness! person1 kissed person2!"

Thank you. Although some people say that this anime is terrible, it was one of the very first anime that I've watched. So it holds a soft spot for me.

I've actually enjoyed going back and re-watching it. I liked the most of the characters, even if the hair-styles were weird, but I have to admit, that Risa made me mad.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 pm

I don't remember disliking the anime as much as you guys did when I watched it, but then again I did watch it when I was like 12 or something. From what I remember, the plot didn't completely make up its mind, was unfocused (this is more apparent in the manga), was episodic, and wasn't too interesting overall. But the characters aren't too flat and have a slight bit of depth, and I liked how the romance developed.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:02 am

Hmm, looks like some of you people didn't like the anime that much, but that's based on your own point of view, I enjoy watching some classics and D.N.Angel is not an exception
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:21 am

Meh yea idk i never really liked classic animes,anything before the 90s really so that probably didnt help with my feelings of this one very much
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:25 am

My dislike probably just stems from its genres. Shojo and romance.
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:14 am

Wampa wrote:Meh yea idk i never really liked classic animes,anything before the 90s really so that probably didnt help with my feelings of this one very much

This comment confuses me, what part of this anime is a classic? If you are saying for its year of release, it was first released in 03 so that is definitely after the 90's not before. Seriously did this seem like it was that old? Hell if it was it would of been much more violent, trust me. It can be seen as a classic for other reasons just not for its age.

Okay so my opinion, I knew I wasn't going to really enjoy this, I did finish it and I believe I maxed out at 8 eps in a day just to finish it up. Over all I rated it a 6/10 because it wasn't that bad but neither was it too good.

So characters, Dark was definitely the best character because lets face it he is the entire premise of this show. Any ep that wasn't Dark focussed was completely wasted in my opinion because I wanted to see the phantom thief steal shit not a pissy little romance between 14 year old school kids. Yes I know it is a shoujo and a romance but with that premise that was all I wanted to see from this series.
But then again Wiz was bloody awesome and kind of cute, he is even better now that was it Natsu that posted manga pics? Such a helpful little familiar.

Now about the dub, it was good seeing one of Vic's memorable roles that are always talked about by fans, or rather his fangirls. I didn't think that Darks portrayal was too bad, but Daisuke was kind of bad at best. Funny thing, 10 years later and his dub VA has still only has 7 roles worth of characters.
The sisters voices weren't too bad but what else would you expect from Hilary Haag and Luci Christian. Hiwatari voiced by Greg Ayres seemed like the logical choice. And with all of these note worthy VA's I knew it was only a matter of time for Monica Rial to appear [Towa] and a brief part from Chris Patton as well in the last couple of eps [lover of second hand of time, uncredited policeman].
But wow Hio Mio was an annoying voice, the accent they made her have in the dub was so bad I wish someone pissed her off every time she would show up just so she would calm down.

In the end it was an okay watch and I am glad Bato nominated it since it is one of those series everyone should watch at least once, but due to my timing of watching it I couldn't really like it since it is aimed at a younger audience, and a female one but whatever.
It needed more plot to continue and more action with less romance for me to like it better.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:40 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
Wampa wrote:Meh yea idk i never really liked classic animes,anything before the 90s really so that probably didnt help with my feelings of this one very much
But wow Hio Mio was an annoying voice, the accent they made her have in the dub was so bad I wish someone pissed her off every time she would show up just so she would calm down.

Mio's voice is god awful in both the dub and sub. She had this awful Kansai accent that made her sound like a complete stuck up Bitch. Most people don't realize how bad accents can be in Japanese as well because they don't understand the language, but yeah.

Mio is my favorite character. I loved every single scene she was in. Hilarious. Towa gets the silver trophy, and the Riku gets the Bronze. Pretty much hated everyone else except for creepy gay silver haired dude of whom I can't remember the name.

I watched this anime about 6 years ago when I started watching anime seriously. I think it was the third anime I watched. General thoughts: Got a lot better as soon as they dropped the shitty episodic bits that followed the manga and got on with their own story. (Pretty much everything after episode 12 is greatly varied from the manga) Liked the romance. Loved the comedy. Hated most of the voices.
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 am

Ginger7327 wrote:
Doomguy wrote:

It would have been unrateable for me if he chose Rias. Expecially after she said (before knowing Riku's feelings) that she would only date him because he reminds her of Dark, I was ready to flip shit. I am glad she kinda stepped aside after she realized Riku's feelings, she gained some respect from me.

I already thought Risa to be annoying for those reasons you stated but when they were at that funeral she acted so stupid, it was inappropriate. She was pretty much dead to me after that. And not to mention she almost messed up 2 phantom thief missions because she wanted to ''help'' Dark.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Well I finally finished this anime yesterday I think, either that or 2 days ago. First off I'd have to rate this anime as either a 5 or 6. To be honest that is surprising, why? Cuss I honestly didn't think it would get any better and it did and then it got even better but still it wasn't a must see. It could easily be passed up on and not watched. I enjoyed the ending though I was sad to see Mio die and the 2nd hand of time and too along with the girl and her BF connected to said character. I almost cried a couple of times when I watched ep 24. Ep 26 I'm surprised I didn't almost cry.

Anyway I like all the characters though some more than others and I still say this anime coulda been SOOO much better and I am amazed I didn't drop it. I'm glad I didn't but I'm sure I would have if it weren't for this club, that's why I didn't drop it because of the rules but if it hadn't gotten better I mighta had too.

I was going to talk about certain eps but I can't remember which ones except the ones I already mentioned. I'm glad I watched this anime in the end but now how about a REAL anime this time? Here's hoping we get one this time. Oh and I was happy with how the love relations worded out in the end. :)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next