JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2

+12
Pando
Natsuru-san
Blazer
Ginger7327
Bato
Ovyda
Sir Maddy
Supernatural Knight
Sporadic
Colme
Tsuyushi
Natsu Dragneel
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vote for only TWO anime

The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap16%The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 8 ]
The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 9 ]
The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap20%The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 10 ]
The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 13 ]
The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_lcap21%The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 51

The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2

Post by Colme Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:17 am

Natsuru-san wrote:I don't even find that funny at all and I mean no offense but, well, yeah, the acting could have been better.

The bad acting is what most people find funny, but to each their own. I don't mind waiting, but I think just going ahead with it might save us some time so we can get to a more serious one once we finish this. Razz

Natsuru-san wrote:Btw I'm a fan of 90's anime and Cowboy Bebop is way better than what I just saw there.

Well of course. You're comparing one of the best anime of all time to Angel Cop, which is sometimes called the "perfect bad anime."

Supernatural Knight wrote:Now if it does win I have a question for Colme, must we watch it dubbed? I find that watching older anime is better subbed [or at least this was the case for Golden Boy], or is the comedy of it only in the dub?

Oh, of course you can watch it subbed, at this point I'll just be happy if you give it a fair shot. The show is famous for it's bad dub, that's one of the things I find funny about it, but you know, not for everyone. Also the original version is racist. They changed that for the dub, but some subbed versions keep the racism, so watch out!

Here is Angel Cop on wikipedia, for reference.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Anime Cafe Voting Thread #2

Post by Supernatural Knight Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 am

That answer to my question has kind of given me mixed feelings, I wouldn't mind watching the dub but since it is famous for its bad dub I'm not sure, just how bad is it? I couldn't stand Golden Boy's dub as that MC voice was torture to listen to yet subbed it was a fun watch so if it is anything like his......
And for the sub the racism isn't a problem as it is really hard to offend me, so there isn't anything telling me not to watch it this way should I find a version like that.
Kind of a hard decision at the moment.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:44 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:That answer to my question has kind of given me mixed feelings, I wouldn't mind watching the dub but since it is famous for its bad dub I'm not sure, just how bad is it?

Personally I don't find the voices annoying, they're mostly just silly and/or aren't very good at voice acting. If you laugh at the last line of this clip you will find this show funny.

Supernatural Knight wrote:And for the sub the racism isn't a problem as it is really hard to offend me, so there isn't anything telling me not to watch it this way should I find a version like that.

The racism only shows up near the end briefly, they were able to fix it by changing what the people were talking about, which should tell you how mild it is. Still always bugged me though.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:25 am

I just read a few of the posts and I'll leave these options:

1.- Continue the voting until Sunday like I said before
2.- Forget everything and watch Angel Cop
3.- Re-do the votes on a new thread with the same or different nominations
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 am

Natsu Dragneel wrote:I just read a few of the posts and I'll leave these options:

I'm okay with either of these, but I'd recommend we just get Angel Cop over with already.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:53 am

i didnt vote for angel cop but i'm fine if we just go with it for now its only 6 episodes after all
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:06 am

I'm fine with starting it now. The vote won't change much at all by the time the poll closes. And its a very short show so we could be discussing it and doing nominations by next week.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Stop prolonging this... Just please watch those 6 eps and let's move on the good one's.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:I just read a few of the posts and I'll leave these options:

3.- Re-do the votes on a new thread with the same or different nominations

I'm all for waiting and it wouldn't be fair to forget the others, this is a poll after all, dispite the show only having 6 eps there is still a chance for a come back and like wise I wouldn't mind redoing the poll but with the same options. Also their were 2 people who only voted for 1 anime so what is their 2nd vote for? This way we can better know where we stand on the votes.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

I'll watch it if I have to, but I'm hoping that it miraculously changes by Sunday.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:06 pm

LunarLexal wrote:I'll watch it if I have to, but I'm hoping that it miraculously changes by Sunday.

Indeed.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 pm

How many people haven't voted?
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:29 pm

Pando wrote:How many people haven't voted?

Hard to say as we don't know who voted as well(might be people who aren't in the club and some voted for only 1).
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Let's watch Angel Cop then, I could watch it tomorrow easily.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 am

Actually we've got 45 votes so far. Do the math and you know how many people voted if going off the fact that we know at least two said they only voted for one but this means there's a 3rd who's yet to admit their mistake or has yet to realise it. So it should really be 48 votes. 24 people have voted incase you don't want to do the math.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:22 am

I will like to join the club. Untill I get some kind of confirmation though I will continue to hold on to my two votes .

I see Angel Cop is well in the lead though with alot of votes already in. It might not matter if I choose at this time. (really any is fine with me)
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 am

Doomguy wrote:I will like to join the club. Untill I get some kind of confirmation though I will continue to hold on to my two votes .

I see Angel Cop is well in the lead though with alot of votes already in. It might not matter if I choose at this time. (really any is fine with me)

People never get turned away from the club so I'll go ahead and set up your badge. If natsu says otherwise I can just remove it.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:47 am

Sporadic wrote:
Doomguy wrote:I will like to join the club. Untill I get some kind of confirmation though I will continue to hold on to my two votes .

People never get turned away from the club so I'll go ahead and set up your badge. If natsu says otherwise I can just remove it.
Yeah, I'm OK with it
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:58 am

I didn't wanna cross any boundaries handing out the badge prematurely. But I figured since you've never turned members away before that it would be okay.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 am

Every vote counts you know and if you want to see what Angel Cop is like before you vote then just check out a vid from a few posts back. Heres hoping more people vote.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 am

Natsuru-san wrote:

Every vote counts you know and if you want to see what Angel Cop is like before you vote then just check out a vid from a few posts back. Heres hoping more people vote.

You really dont wanna see Angel Cop Razz
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Yeah, I'm OK with it

No what are you doing you can't trust him! He's from the darkest pit of the asylum and has a questionable mindset! In fact he is speaking about himself in a third person view right now! You can't do this you'll bring us all down! Suspect

Now that my raving is out of the way I cast my votes in cheers . Lets do this this will be fun.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:40 am

^ And you voted for Angel Cop. Seriously you people, have you not seen those 2 vids? Well I'm not trying to bash the show but I ain't watching it. So if by some miracle it somehow doesn't win then I'll watch whatever wins besides Angel Cop. Sorry, I don't find that show funny and the VA is terrible. It may only be 6 eps but thats roughly 3 hrs of my life I'll never get back if I watch it. So I'm not watching it. Oh the irony. Thought I picked a good time to join but it was a lie. -_-
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:10 am

I'll be completely honest here. The only bad voice I hear is the girl (terrible really), everyone else seems quite fine to me. That lobster part with the guy getting burned away seemed quite cool actually. The girl's voice though......I'll just live with it.

I blame my father for raising me watching cult "b movie" classics. Hey MAL has it at a 6. To me It can be a 7 (not bad), 6 (average with some issues), or 5 (generally poor).

Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:00 am

Doomguy wrote:I'll be completely honest here. The only bad voice I hear is the girl (terrible really), everyone else seems quite fine to me. That lobster part with the guy getting burned away seemed quite cool actually. The girl's voice though......I'll just live with it.

I blame my father for raising me watching cult "b movie" classics. Hey MAL has it at a 6. To me It can be a 7 (not bad), 6 (average with some issues), or 5 (generally poor).

You're the best. I do have a hard time telling what constitutes good voice acting talent since I watch a lot of early dubbed anime. I wasn't trying to say the "lobster" part wasn't cool, I think it's awesome, in part because of that line reading the chief gives at the end.

Also, did you mean the fire girl or Angel? Honestly, I would say Angel's VA is the worst, since I think the fire girl could have (maybe) made it work if they had done a few more takes. Maybe I'm being too generous.

Also, I promise I'll nominate an objectively good early anime next time. Razz
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next