JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:55 pm

As do i, I just suggested the daughter idea cuz i thought it might be somewhat poetic way of continuing.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Skeptical Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm

In some sense i guess it is poetic however it over complicates things, however that is just my opinion others may thing differently (like you for example). Well either way I'm game, it all seems like it could be interesting. I just can't wait to see the final outcome of the mascot!

Skeptical
Academy Student

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Same here
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Okay so lets try to collect what we mostly agree on

Mascot must have:
  • A relation to Kami (preferably her sister).

• Hair that matches new site color (Most seem to think it will be blue) but with some purple highlights in it.

• Outfit will not be nearly as revealing as Kami's but might be similar is style to BRS (it should still be original but that can be the basic idea to design hers from).

• She will have a Visor just like Kami did.

• Her outfit will also be somewhat tron like. BTW when people say tron like do they mean this but without the helmet?
    Spoiler:

So is there anything we can agree on that we would like to add? Or is there some thing we mostly agreed on that I forgot?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:43 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Okay so lets try to collect what we mostly agree on

Mascot must have:

• Hair that matches new site color (Most seem to think it will be blue) but with some purple highlights in it.

• Outfit will not be nearly as revealing as Kami's but might be similar is style to BRS (it should still be original but that can be the basic idea to design hers from).

• Her outfit will also be somewhat tron like. BTW when people say tron like do they mean this but without the helmet?
    Spoiler:

So is there anything we can agree on that we would like to add? Or is there some thing we mostly agreed on that I forgot?

I think we all agreed about having to have the BRS theme but having the mascot more mature (not a little girl). not so sure about the tron though can't remember if a lot of ppl agreed(though i do admit it would look cool if the design was inspired between BRS and Tron). And ppl were mixed if i remember correctly on how long the hair should be. We agreed on the visor, and the fact she should be classy.

Last edited by Akira on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:53 pm

Spoiler:

Welp that throws my idea out the window, but Potato colored it for me ^^
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Akira wrote:

Mascot must have:

Spoiler:

I think we all agreed about having to have the BRS theme but having the mascot more mature (not a little girl). not so sure about the tron though can't remember if a lot of ppl agreed(though i do admit it would look cool if the design was inspired between BRS and Tron). And ppl were mixed if i remember correctly on how long the hair should be. We agreed on the visor, and the fact she should be classy.
By classy you mean not as revealing right? Also since we never settled on hair length I didn't add it to the list since that was only things we completely agreed on. I don't remember discussing her age much either. But I think she should be slightly younger than Kami (not a little girl but still younger since she will be the mascot for a newer site). Maybe she wouldn't even look younger but roughly the same age and we'd just say she was a year or two younger.

Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:14 pm

I still believe that she shouldn't be related to kami at all.
We are starting anew without anything from the past holding us back.

And Meta.... NO LOLIS!
Think of Karma....

And i like the blue hair idea.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 Tumblr_mhb1ifTziY1rtfzd8o1_500

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 Tumblr_mhb1hrn7II1rtfzd8o1_400

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 Tumblr_mhb1iwPGrX1rtfzd8o1_500

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 Tumblr_mhb1jaW6tG1rtfzd8o1_500
Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

Male Posts : 161
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Nim wrote:
And Meta.... NO LOLIS!
Think of Karma....

*sniff*
You know me so well.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 5 2429891_o
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Nim wrote:I still believe that she shouldn't be related to kami at all.

And Meta.... NO LOLIS!
Think of Karma....

Spoiler:
We aren't holding onto the past we are just remembering it. Holding onto it would be trying to use kami herself on the new site. making a new one that is her sister is starting anew while honoring what once was. After all JD may be gone but that doesn't mean we can't at least remember it.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Nim wrote:I still believe that she shouldn't be related to kami at all.

And Meta.... NO LOLIS!
Think of Karma....

Spoiler:
We aren't holding onto the past we are just remembering it. Holding onto it would be trying to use kami herself on the new site. making a new one that is her sister is starting anew while honoring what once was. After all JD may be gone but that doesn't mean we can't at least remember it.

Here here, I concur. While we should not hold onto the past there is no reason why we should forget it altogether. The sister idea is good for this reason. By using a Kami's sister for the mascot it will be a completely different site while paying homage to the old site. You must never forget the past altogether.

As for the hair color, I agree the hair color should match the new site just like Kami's hair matched JD's colors.

For Hair length I like longer the better. I say the third pic in the spoiler above is perfect length. If you want classy well I can't think anything more classy than well kept long hair. Short hair, Pigtails, and Ponytails just says something to me other than classy.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Mascot must have:

Spoiler:

Yeah at least the same age as Kami and hast to be a she. Also please. No short hair. As long as Kami's hair would be nice. I'm all for everything that you listed except the tron outfit. (Old and the new ones)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Alright, I think I've collected enough details for a solid concept that I'd personally be ready to submit it to Kaizeru as-is.

Here's basically a summation of all her characteristics:

- As Red suggested, her name is Arisu.
- She is Kami's sister.
- The baseline concept she will be inspired by is Black Rock Shooter.
- Her primary color scheme will be blue.
- She will have a slight chest upgrade from the baseline concept but it will be better-covered than just a bikini.
- As Meta suggested, she will have a shorter hair style like this.
- Her hair accessory would be black and hair color would be blue.
- She will have a visor across her eyes in homage to Kami.
- Her skin color won't be quite as pale as the baseline concept.
- Her overall clothing style would be a cross between BRS and Tron, with a black outfit closely resembling the BRS artwork above but with Tron-like designs across it similar to what is seen in this sample artwork courtesy of Yuki.
- She wields a blue beam saber.

She will NOT:
- Have massively oversized boobs.
- Always need to be using her beam saber in every pose.
- Make you a sandwich (deal with it).

Down the road when we have more monies to waste, we can commission further artwork for different outfits such as:
- obligatory skimpy bikini
- mad scientist labcoat (sonovabitch)
- baseball cap
- etc.

That about covers everything I can think of. I think it would be pretty sick, and I'm ready to double down on this concept and submit it as one of the options in a poll vote. If others have their own concepts, feel free to continue discussing other options to submit for a poll.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 pm

more monies to waste? We already have those anime themed months like yanuary to tsundember, why not make her cosplay the anime character that won the monthly poll and apply the change on the main page every month?
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:23 pm

Yeah she should have this hair style when her hair is up and her breat size should be that size too. :3 https://2img.net/h/oi46.tinypic.com/2ns778l.jpg
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:30 pm

I wish to add.... an animal plushy in the main design!
Also, her breasts as big as that fanart of Rozalin.... oh lawdy.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:42 pm

MiniSiets wrote:Alright, I think I've collected enough details for a solid concept that I'd personally be ready to submit it to Kaizeru as-is.

Here's basically a summation of all her characteristics:

- As Red suggested, her name is Arisu.
- She is Kami's sister.
- The baseline concept she will be inspired by is Black Rock Shooter.
- Her primary color scheme will be blue.
- She will have a slight chest upgrade from the baseline concept but it will be better-covered than just a bikini.
- As Meta suggested, she will have a shorter hair style like this.
- Her hair accessory would be black and hair color would be blue.
- She will have a visor across her eyes in homage to Kami.
- Her skin color won't be quite as pale as the baseline concept.
- Her overall clothing style would be a cross between BRS and Tron, with a black outfit closely resembling the BRS artwork above but with Tron-like designs across it similar to what is seen in this sample artwork courtesy of Yuki.
- She wields a blue beam saber.

She will NOT:
- Have massively oversized boobs.
- Always need to be using her beam saber in every pose.
- Make you a sandwich (deal with it).

Down the road when we have more monies to waste, we can commission further artwork for different outfits such as:
- obligatory skimpy bikini
- mad scientist labcoat (sonovabitch)
- baseball cap
- etc.

That about covers everything I can think of. I think it would be pretty sick, and I'm ready to double down on this concept and submit it as one of the options in a poll vote. If others have their own concepts, feel free to continue discussing other options to submit for a poll.
I don't really like this
sample artwork
I just seems a little to Techy. Maybe something more like the newer tron outfit but the classic is just too "Cyber". Kaizeru is a good artist so maybe we should simplify the cloathing detail to
"Use BRS as baseline concept but with more color"

Natsuru-san wrote:Yeah she should have this hair style when her hair is up and her breat size should be that size too. :3 https://2img.net/h/oi46.tinypic.com/2ns778l.jpg
Yeah somewhere around there doesn't seem to bad. Her breasts kinda look bigger than they really are due to that pose but I think those would roughly be sometehre between 75 to 80 on that chart from earlier. It seems like a good size. Bigger than Kami by a bit but not extrmely so. But honestly I'd kinda like to leave the breast size details to Kaizeru with the only detail being "not too big but at least a little bigger than Kami" that should be fine.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Lol than you might as well say the size Meta. Better yet show her the pic. *JD Shifty emoticon*
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Lol than you might as well say the size Meta. Better yet show her the pic. *JD Shifty emoticon*

Not really Kami had a pretty small size from what I remember so bigger than her but not outrageously big still leaves a pretty big range. But if we wanted to be as specific as possible that picture seems to have a good breast size IMO.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 pm

I think I'm going to like how "Arisu" will turn out, with the BRS/Tron outfit.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Metazoxan wrote:I don't really like this
sample artwork
I just seems a little to Techy. Maybe something more like the newer tron outfit but the classic is just too "Cyber".
Again that's just a sample; it doesn't need to look exactly like it. Personally I agree that the newer jumpsuit designs are not quite as over-the-top; would be fine to go with something more like that just changing the line colors to blue.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Actually the bracett for the JD Tsundember shows her breats to be about or a bit smaller then that other girl's breats.

As for the name Arisu. I think we should let the artist name our new mascot. Didn't she also name Kami?

And dear gosh please NO tron like cloths. Miku barely even pulls that one off and the actual tron ones are nope. Nauh. Just NO!
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:08 pm

MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I don't really like this
sample artwork
I just seems a little to Techy. Maybe something more like the newer tron outfit but the classic is just too "Cyber".
Again that's just a sample; it doesn't need to look exactly like it. Personally I agree that the newer jumpsuit designs are not quite as over-the-top; would be fine to go with something more like that just changing the line colors to blue.
Yean. The artist could also adjust the style of the line as he sees fit and simply use the Newer tron suit as a base.
Natsuru-san wrote:Actually the bracett for the JD Tsundember shows her breats to be about or a bit smaller then that other girl's breats.

As for the name Arisu. I think we should let the artist name our new mascot. Didn't she also name Kami?

And dear gosh please NO tron like cloths. Miku barely even pulls that one off and the actual tron ones are nope. Nauh. Just NO!
well this is Rozalin's official art
Spoiler:
But when I was talking about breast sizes I was talking about the fan art.

Also I agree on the tron thing that is why I suggested the newer outfit. It is much subtler plus she won't use a complete copy of that outfit it will just be used to alter the BRS outfit.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:08 pm

As I said before, why not add a plushy to the main design?
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Sigh I keep hearing you want this mascot to be classy yet you are thinking of giving her a tomboy haircut and tron clothes.

Where is the class in that? confused
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next