JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by bedheadred Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:10 am

Stevey really likes blue. I'm guessing any future developments will be blue toned.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 3 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Metazoxan Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:13 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Severus wrote:i like 78 D Wink
Metazoxan wrote:78 to 86 seem good.
bedheadred wrote:I like 100 >:}
Spoiler:
Sigh, no shame. 75-78 is plenty. Got a bunch of Darus in here, yeesh. Maybe I should reconsider supporting Karma and Sai's idea if we're going to be stuck debating the technicalities of her boob size all day. Really all we should have to tell Kaizeru is make her breasts a little bigger than the BRS baseline concept and that should be sufficient. Any more specific than that and we're seriously just splitting hairs.

We should try to keep our design concepts fairly generalized so Kaizeru at least has some degree of creative freedom.

Metazoxan wrote:So can anyone else think of something interesting to add to the new mascot to make her more unique? BTW what hair style do you guys want to give her? I was thinking maybe something like this
Spoiler:
Since Kami has long hair maybe a shorter hair style would be good.
I like this hair style. And for purposes of matching the color scheme, I would suggest turning the golden bracelet thing (I forget what they're called) black and giving it a little Tron-esque design with blue lines running through it. Would look pretty cool and go well with her visor.
I was just messing around with the breast thing. Also I agree with the color change. I posted that picture just for a general design idea for the hair
Grimripper20 wrote:im not thinking bright blue like a dark shade of blue with purple highlights
Yeah if the new site had a blue theme I would want it to be a very dark blue. Dark to at least the point it is as dark as the purple on JD was if not a little darker.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:02 am

Idea... go all in with the hybrid BRS / Tron concept and replace the katana with a beam saber? :3

Awwwwwhhh yeah.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 3 Tumblr_ma0l1zIUW71rztnfho1_400
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 am

Tron jumpsuit would be awesomesauce.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:11 am

I nominate my newest creation for the new JD mascot Very Happy (it's only a raw sketch - I can't draw hands Very Happy)

Spoiler:

Her name is Imak btw Very Happy
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

MiniSiets wrote:Idea... go all in with the hybrid BRS / Tron concept and replace the katana with a beam saber? :3

bedheadred wrote:Tron jumpsuit would be awesomesauce.

So something along these lines?

Spoiler:

That'd be pretty cool.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Yuki Terumi wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:Idea... go all in with the hybrid BRS / Tron concept and replace the katana with a beam saber? :3

bedheadred wrote:Tron jumpsuit would be awesomesauce.

So something along these lines?

Spoiler:

That'd be pretty cool.

no workie
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Oh yeah. Let's not forget a few other musts for our mascot (Though I
d rather Kami) aside from a female. She must have long hair like Kami. Kami sized breasts and MUST be a human. No anime, cyborg, etc. Human just like Kami. Also I'm fine with a blue color sceme. I mean It's one of my most fav colors after all so I welcome it. Purple is alright but I normally don't care for it however, Kami pulled it off and exceptionally well at that.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 pm

bedheadred wrote:

no workie

I didn't want to leave the link, 'cause I don't think linking is allowed on this forum.

Spoiler:

That work?
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:05 pm

I pick someone like this:

wallpapersus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/guns-visual-novel-game-cg-scarf-anime-girls-shinigami-no-testament-mukougaoka-kana.jpg

Skeptical
Academy Student

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Oh yeah. Let's not forget a few other musts for our mascot (Though I
d rather Kami) aside from a female. She must have long hair like Kami. Kami sized breasts and MUST be a human. No anime, cyborg, etc. Human just like Kami. Also I'm fine with a blue color sceme. I mean It's one of my most fav colors after all so I welcome it. Purple is alright but I normally don't care for it however, Kami pulled it off and exceptionally well at that.

Long hair isn't a must in fact it might be good to go with shorter hair like what I posted. We can discuss it anyway but it certainly isn't a must. For the hair color I still say that if it isn't all purple it should have some purple highlights, again like I posted earlier.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimripper20 Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:02 pm

im not well known, but i completely agree with Metazoxan, thats IF we dont have Kami
Grimripper20
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Oh yeah. Let's not forget a few other musts for our mascot (Though I

Racist.....

Also, I say we give her a weapon too, like a toy ray gun or something. Or simply a kendo stick.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:40 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

Racist.....

Also, I say we give her a weapon too, like a toy ray gun or something. Or simply a kendo stick.

I agree with Karma about a weapon, it doesn't have to be a massive weapon. Something like this:

Spoiler:
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

Racist.....

If you're going to include any sort of weapons then it's better to have a 'real' one, not something like a kendo stick - you may as well be giving her a twig. If she's going to have a weapon i vote for a katana, who doesn't love swords?

Skeptical
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

Racist.....

I don't think she needs a weapon. She could maybe be holding one in a special pose or something but I don't think she should have one with her basic pose.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Racist.....

If you're going to include any sort of weapons then it's better to have a 'real' one, not something like a kendo stick - you may as well be giving her a twig. If she's going to have a weapon i vote for a katana, who doesn't love swords?

I am all for a katana, but I think she would be better with a Katana.
Or, we can go for a tiny pretty pistol, something like Rozalin's from Disgaea 2.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Yuki Terumi wrote:
bedheadred wrote:

no workie

I didn't want to leave the link, 'cause I don't think linking is allowed on this forum.

Spoiler:

That work?
Yeah to an extent that's the idea I was thinking of. Except as I said it's a hybrid combination and BRS would still be the baseline concept. I'd like the general shape of her outfit to look closer to Black Rock Shooter but the designs on it would look more Tron-esque along the lines of that Miku sample. That way she still shows a little skin while keeping that Tron look. :3

Valvatorez wrote:Also, I say we give her a weapon too, like a toy ray gun or something.
I suggested just a page back to give her a beam saber to go in line with the BRS / Tron theme.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Nah, pistols don't even begin to compare to swords. I also have to agree with Metazoxan though, if she does end up getting a weapon it shouldn't be overused. Maybe it could be brought out on special occasions or for important things like announcements? Since if we over use the things they'll loss all effect they hold.

Skeptical
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by stigma311 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:05 pm

wonders how that will look
stigma311
stigma311
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:41 pm

She doesn't have to have a permanent weapon as a defining feature. Things like weapons can come later as temporary designs. Like how Kami had a swimsuit and school uniform. The aforementioned mascot can also have a design which features a weapon of some sort.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Sporadic wrote:She doesn't have to have a permanent weapon as a defining feature. Things like weapons can come later as temporary designs. Like how Kami had a swimsuit and school uniform. The aforementioned mascot can also have a design which features a weapon of some sort.
I'm OK with different outfits like Kami had too, many of which do not need to have any weapons at all. But if we're going for the BRS look as the default design, I think it would benefit from having a weapon as it complements that particular costume well.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:08 pm

I say, we also give her a lab code, and call her "Mad Scientist", and have her say, "Sonovabitch".
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm

MiniSiets wrote:
Sporadic wrote:She doesn't have to have a permanent weapon as a defining feature. Things like weapons can come later as temporary designs. Like how Kami had a swimsuit and school uniform. The aforementioned mascot can also have a design which features a weapon of some sort.
I'm OK with different outfits like Kami had too, many of which do not need to have any weapons at all. But if we're going for the BRS look as the default design, I think it would benefit from having a weapon as it complements that particular costume well.

I like the BRS type look but in my opinion I don't think a weapon should be a permanent feature.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Sporadic wrote:If we were designing a new mascot for the site how would you design them? Would it be a boy or a girl? What physical features would you give them? Height? Hair color? Body type? And what characteristics would they be attributed with? Would she be a short tempered tsundere girl? Or would he be the personification of GAR? Tell us how you envision our mascot.

Plans keep getting tossed around if we're keeping Kami, redesigning her or coming up with something new. I'm just curious to hear how the community would design our mascot if given the opportunity.

It should definitely be original, but definitely keep ties with Kami. Like someone else mentioned, we could make Kami's sister. It will keep the ties to the old JustDubs, but also make the new JustDubs unique and not some copy cat. We shouldn't use any already existing anime characters as a mascot. We should probably change up from a straight purple scheme to another color or maybe give the purple a slightly more blue-ish tint, maybe like what this image has: Suspect
Using the same color so too long can get pretty old.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next