JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Valvatorez Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:I say the mascot MUST be a female. No exceptions! Aside from that I would want her to be as close to Kami's appearance while still looking different but related as much as possible. I'll also still say this. I much prefer to keep Kami then go with a new mascot.

Oh you, stop being so closed minded. Evolution my friend!
And why must we have a chick in the first place? I would rather much have a cool looking ace, instead of the generic female. I have been to a few sites, and most of them have female anime characters, and some VN ones at that, yet the only males I see are popular ones like Naruto and Bleach ones.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:I say the mascot MUST be a female. No exceptions! Aside from that I would want her to be as close to Kami's appearance while still looking different but related as much as possible. I'll also still say this. I much prefer to keep Kami then go with a new mascot.

Oh you, stop being so closed minded. Evolution my friend!
And why must we have a chick in the first place? I would rather much have a cool looking ace, instead of the generic female. I have been to a few sites, and most of them have female anime characters, and some VN ones at that, yet the only males I see are popular ones like Naruto and Bleach ones.
Actually I vote for Female mascot to.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm

NO ONE ASKED YOU META.
*throws prinny*
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylespol Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 pm

i think she should be a devil woman and there can be a folk tale about how the banned members get eaten by her... but seriously i think she should be eviler because her older sister (Kami) was killed
Mylespol
Mylespol
Bronze Saint

Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
NO ONE ASKED YOU META.
*throws prinny*
*catches Prinny, throws it into another Prinny to fuse them, then throws that stronger Prinny back at you*
Violence is always the answer!
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:
NO ONE ASKED YOU META.
*throws prinny*
*catches Prinny, throws it into another Prinny to fuse them, then throws that stronger Prinny back at you*
Violence is always the answer!

You created a powerful Kurtis, may the music commence:
How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Prinnykurtisportrait_d3

Well, we can always go with a cool badass prinny as our mascot. Everyone loves prinnies.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:56 pm

If there is any concern that a female mascot dissuades female users I can assure you it does not. I get lots of messages on Facebook about how kwaii Kami is, etc. from females.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:59 pm

bedheadred wrote:If there is any concern that a female mascot dissuades female users I can assure you it does not. I get lots of messages on Facebook about how kwaii Kami is, etc. from females.

I dont think it dissuades either, I just wish we can get a little away from the generic use of female characters to bring sex appeal with boobs(well, Kami's were a little non-existant), and just the short tops and shirts. I think much more can be done using a guy character at this point in time, or at least a 2 person team of a female and a male.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:09 pm

or a cuddly little guy like teemo
How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Tumblr_m8pm0cYBi51r7xav2o1_400
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
bedheadred wrote:If there is any concern that a female mascot dissuades female users I can assure you it does not. I get lots of messages on Facebook about how kwaii Kami is, etc. from females.

I dont think it dissuades either, I just wish we can get a little away from the generic use of female characters to bring sex appeal with boobs(well, Kami's were a little non-existant), and just the short tops and shirts. I think much more can be done using a guy character at this point in time, or at least a 2 person team of a female and a male.

I see what you mean but I still vote girl a girl mascot. We can give her normal breasts and we will give her less revealing clothes. I agree she should be generic but I think there are other ways we can avoid genericness. The hair highlights that I mentioned would be a good step towards that (It will allow for more unique hair).

So can anyone else think of something interesting to add to the new mascot to make her more unique? BTW what hair style do you guys want to give her? I was thinking maybe something like this
Spoiler:
Since Kami has long hair maybe a shorter hair style would be good.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

NOPE.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Tumblr_m6szrq2NiP1rv6esoo1_500

Spoiler:
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I like the idea of the Black Rock Shooter-esque character. Just give her a chest upgrade because BRS was flat.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:42 pm

Sporadic wrote:I like the idea of the Black Rock Shooter-esque character. Just give her a chest upgrade because BRS was flat.

Yeah Kami breasts should be fine. Not flat but not giant either.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:I like the idea of the Black Rock Shooter-esque character. Just give her a chest upgrade because BRS was flat.

Something between like 75 and 78 cm.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Soul_c10
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 pm

i like 78 D Wink

Last edited by Severus on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:13 pm

I like 100 >:}
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:33 pm

78 to 86 seem good.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Something between like 75 and 78 cm.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 2 Soul_c10

wheres the second half with the J-cups?
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm

I agree of the whole, being able to make HER (It should be a female) have multiple personalities. I think she should have purple hair, to match the site colors. But I don't think that she should be the same Kami. She should look different. Maybe shorter hair. The outfit would change depending on what personality she has at the moment.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:08 pm

LunarLexal wrote:I agree of the whole, being able to make HER (It should be a female) have multiple personalities. I think she should have purple hair, to match the site colors. But I don't think that she should be the same Kami. She should look different. Maybe shorter hair. The outfit would change depending on what personality she has at the moment.

aren't you over complicating it? A mascot doesn't even really have a personality unless she is involved in some kind of story. Also did anyone say the new site would still have a purple color?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
aren't you over complicating it? A mascot doesn't even really have a personality unless she is involved in some kind of story. Also did anyone say the new site would still have a purple color?

I don't think that's true. Pictures can convey a personality with how the character is posed, how they're dressed, etc. Every litle thing in the picture or on the character can say something about the personality.
I wasn't saying anything about it having to be purple. I was just saying that her air should match the color scheme of the site.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Severus wrote:i like 78 D Wink
Metazoxan wrote:78 to 86 seem good.
bedheadred wrote:I like 100 >:}
Spoiler:
Sigh, no shame. 75-78 is plenty. Got a bunch of Darus in here, yeesh. Maybe I should reconsider supporting Karma and Sai's idea if we're going to be stuck debating the technicalities of her boob size all day. Really all we should have to tell Kaizeru is make her breasts a little bigger than the BRS baseline concept and that should be sufficient. Any more specific than that and we're seriously just splitting hairs.

We should try to keep our design concepts fairly generalized so Kaizeru at least has some degree of creative freedom.

Metazoxan wrote:So can anyone else think of something interesting to add to the new mascot to make her more unique? BTW what hair style do you guys want to give her? I was thinking maybe something like this
Spoiler:
I like this hair style. And for purposes of matching the color scheme, I would suggest turning the golden bracelet thing (I forget what they're called) black and giving it a little Tron-esque design with blue lines running through it. Would look pretty cool and go well with her visor.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimripper20 Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:04 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Spoiler:
Sigh, no shame. 75-78 is plenty. Got a bunch of Darus in here, yeesh. Maybe I should reconsider supporting Karma and Sai's idea if we're going to be stuck debating the technicalities of her boob size all day. Really all we should have to tell Kaizeru is make her breasts a little bigger than the BRS baseline concept and that should be sufficient. Any more specific than that and we're seriously just splitting hairs.

We should try to keep our design concepts fairly generalized so Kaizeru at least has some degree of creative freedom.

Metazoxan wrote:So can anyone else think of something interesting to add to the new mascot to make her more unique? BTW what hair style do you guys want to give her? I was thinking maybe something like this
Spoiler:
I like this hair style. And for purposes of matching the color scheme, I would suggest turning the golden bracelet thing (I forget what they're called) black and giving it a little Tron-esque design with blue lines running through it. Would look pretty cool and go well with her visor.
i agree with the hair style, and i like the idea of blue being the new color scheme

Last edited by Grimripper20 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Grimripper20
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 am

Grimripper20 wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
i agree and i like the idea of blue being the new color scheme

blue? meh too common. Almost sounds like windows.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimripper20 Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:07 am

im not thinking bright blue like a dark shade of blue with purple highlights
Grimripper20
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next