JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:08 pm

bedheadred wrote:

As a reminder for all what default Kami looked like.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Contact_mascot_zpsed07ea17

Kami's legs are retarded. I always figured there was a reason all of her legs were hardly shown in stuff. They're like twice the size of the rest of her body.

I always thought the visor was pretty dumb too. Hope that doesn't make it over to the original design of the new character but instead stays on the alternative lame tron-like design.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Metazoxan Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Sporadic wrote:
bedheadred wrote:

Kami's legs are retarded. I always figured there was a reason all of her legs were hardly shown in stuff. They're like twice the size of the rest of her body.

No they are about equal in length. So they aren't that weird. A person's legs count for a lot of their height. But if you want shorter legs for the new mascot that won't be a problem. She is meant to be the little sister anyway.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Actaully compared to a normal human scale her legs are round the right height take the legs off a body and they usually around around the same height as the rest.
How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Human-proportion2
Like so. Unless you mean the leggings not the proportions of the body.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm

bedheadred wrote:http://www.a-gc.com/images/2012/11/xenosaga-anime-girls-kos-mos-HD-Wallpapers.jpg

What if she had some kind of head gear like this instead of a visor?

NOOOO! Visor stays. That head gear is what needs to go. The visor is cool that head gear is not. The visor is hot. That head gear is not. I rest my case.

bedheadred wrote:

I still wish we could use Kami. Has anyone actually asked Noey if we can? Also why's the pic dimmed? o_O
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:
bedheadred wrote:http://www.a-gc.com/images/2012/11/xenosaga-anime-girls-kos-mos-HD-Wallpapers.jpg

What if she had some kind of head gear like this instead of a visor?

NOOOO! Visor stays. That head gear is what needs to go. The visor is cool that head gear is not. The visor is hot. That head gear is not. I rest my case.

bedheadred wrote:

I still wish we could use Kami. Has anyone actually asked Noey if we can? Also why's the pic dimmed? o_O

We are not saying it has to go, neither are we saying that specific headgear is used the idea of headgear/visor might be but it has to be discussed in a group before we ask the artist make something from the concept we have.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm

A question was asked and in response I gave my honest opinion/answer.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Ok that's I've totally lost tally of fors and againsts and what the heck we were discussing on now. As to Kami I think given what we have heard it is safe to say we cannot use her, plz correct me If i am jumping the gun.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok I'm going to go through a list of things i do remember.
I believe people liked red's design(pants)
the hair should be no longer than mid back or was it waist?
we can have a keychain maybe with a little K on it to remember kami( or phonestrap on alternate design to be decided later)
the hair color will match the site but shift to purple at the ends
she is a little sister of kami
the proposed names are Arisu thus far
the visor or headgear is being debated i think most are undecided and we have one against the headgear one against the visor
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm

why don't you guys invite kaizeru to this thread and lets discuss this together with him?

imma pretty sure the artists thoughts about this would help us make the mascot better.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:21 pm

That is true is that possible?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Akira wrote:Actaully compared to a normal human scale her legs are round the right height take the legs off a body and they usually around around the same height as the rest.

That's in no way to scale with Kami's legs. Kami isn't very proportional. From her hips to her toes is almost twice the length as the distance from her waist to her head. Kami is also pigeon toed.

MrYoSo901 wrote:why don't you guys invite kaizeru to this thread and lets discuss this together with him?

imma pretty sure the artists thoughts about this would help us make the mascot better.

I think we still need to have some votes on key defining features before we get an artist involved. And Kami was commission based right? What did she charge to design Kami?
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Ah ok
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Akira wrote:Ok I'm going to go through a list of things i do remember.
I believe people liked red's design(pants)
the hair should be no longer than mid back or was it waist?
we can have a keychain maybe with a little K on it to remember kami( or phonestrap on alternate design to be decided later)
the hair color will match the site but shift to purple at the ends
she is a little sister of kami
the proposed names are Arisu thus far
the visor or headgear is being debated i think most are undecided and we have one against the headgear one against the visor
- I liked the shorts better
- Same with Kusanagi, I would prefer a shorter-haired mascot, because Kami had long hair.
- I thought that the K was only an Idea and everyone was liking the Chibi-Kami?
- I'm in agreement with the purple highlights
- Wasn't there another proposed name? It was TBR or something similar, I can't remember. But I like Arisu better anyway.
- As for the headgear or Visor, I think i'll prefer the headgear, if it's done right. If it can't, than I think no head accessories will be better.

Just some of my opinions.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Akira wrote:Actaully compared to a normal human scale her legs are round the right height take the legs off a body and they usually around around the same height as the rest.

That's in no way to scale with Kami's legs. Kami isn't very proportional. From her hips to her toes is almost twice the length as the distance from her waist to her head. Kami is also pigeon toed.

Real Live human being are not very proportional either. Why do you think we need different lengths in jeans?

There are some with extra long legs and there are some that have short legs and long torsos. To say one human like pic is not very proportional is not really realistic. Sure there is and average for human beings but that is not the absolute rule. I cant run fast for I short legs compared to my 6'1" body. Most of my height is between my waist and my neck. I have to buy shirts that are longer than normal and that is a pain to find.

Kami looks just fine to me except that her feet is a little off. They are pointed weird.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm

I was going by memory but yeah i think about the same amount of ppl wanted long and short hair and someone proposed mid-back as a good compromise. As to the keychain the mini-kami was vetoed since it would be a too direct reference. And you are remembering the to be announced(TBA). Arisu thus far was the only name proposed but some people didn't like it. I think it was Kusanagi that said mid-back was a good specification to give to kaizeru let him decide on the exact length. I'm not too sure which won out the pants or shorts we'd hae to get more ppl in here to go over it again.

Last edited by Akira on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm

I think that the headgear and visor could integrated but that would have to be up to kaizeru if we want something unique to the new mascot but still a little memory of kami.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Akira wrote:I was going by memory but yeah i think about the same amount of ppl wanted long and short hair and someone proposed mid-back as a good compromise. As to the keychain the mini-kami was vetoed since it would be a too direct reference. And you are remembering the to be announced(TBA). Arisu thus far was the only name proposed but some people didn't like it. I think it was Kusanagi that said mid-back was a good specification to give to kaizeru let him decide on the exact length. I'm not too sure which won out the pants or shorts we'd hae to get more ppl in here to go over it again.

Cool, thanks for clarifying those. I was a bit confused on what was going on, because the last time I was on, this thread only had 15 or so pages.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 pm

Yeah its been growing fast I'm trying to help keep track of stuff.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:53 pm

If I still had my Bamboo drawing tablet I would draw What I think She should look like. But I lost it.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm

So then what should we discuss next possible names or is their a physical trait we need to settle?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Akira wrote:So then what should we discuss next possible names or is their a physical trait we need to settle?

how about how bountiful is her ass..?
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Mmmm...how about we leave that to the artist otherwise we'll get into another whole debate.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Akira wrote:Mmmm...how about we leave that to the artist otherwise we'll get into another whole debate.

lmao Twisted Evil

Laughing
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 pm

johnstang2 wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Real Live human being are not very proportional either. Why do you think we need different lengths in jeans?

There are some with extra long legs and there are some that have short legs and long torsos. To say one human like pic is not very proportional is not really realistic. Sure there is and average for human beings but that is not the absolute rule. I cant run fast for I short legs compared to my 6'1" body. Most of my height is between my waist and my neck. I have to buy shirts that are longer than normal and that is a pain to find.

Kami looks just fine to me except that her feet is a little off. They are pointed weird.

A few inches in pants length isn't what I'm talking about here. Why don't we have a look a Kami next to the proportional human that was posted. Come on.. She has praying mantis legs. Also, she has short arms.

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 15 Protio10

Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Well that does look a little odd though that might be distortion from the original resolution but I see what you mean.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next