JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One piece Discussion thread

+12
Ovyda
TheIllegalBiscuit
higurashi_conan
plantkingman
Bato
Supernatural Knight
baghost
Noobs
Sanji Wolfwood
LunarLexal
Pando
Metazoxan
16 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

One piece Discussion thread - Page 12 Empty Re: One piece Discussion thread

Post by Ovyda Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm

I actually think it will be something more simple like he's seeing Law as a friend and he will accept the offer just because of friendship and later on he will ask Law to join his crew Very Happy

I think Luffy's answer will be "Sounds fun, why not" Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:32 am

Ovyda wrote:I actually think it will be something more simple like he's seeing Law as a friend and he will accept the offer just because of friendship and later on he will ask Law to join his crew Very Happy

"Sounds fun, why not" Now that sounds like Luffy. And besides, Luffy has been kissing Law's ass ever since he saved him lol. In Luffy's eyes, Law is the nicest person in the world. I think he will ask who the emporor is and if its not Shanks then he will accept.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Bato wrote:
Ovyda wrote:I actually think it will be something more simple like he's seeing Law as a friend and he will accept the offer just because of friendship and later on he will ask Law to join his crew Very Happy

"Sounds fun, why not" Now that sounds like Luffy. And besides, Luffy has been kissing Law's ass ever since he saved him lol. In Luffy's eyes, Law is the nicest person in the world. I think he will ask who the emporor is and if its not Shanks then he will accept.

But don't forget he holds shanks is very high regard, Blackbeard killed Whitebeard (albiet one already with two feet in the grave), and big mom is in control of Fishman island. Luffy may act like a goof a lot of the time and he is extremely reckless but given all his current experience with the Emperors he won't take them lightly. Remember he never went out of his way to fight any of the Shibukai. They just always ended up attacking him and his friends. He knows a fight with an Emperor is going to be serious so he should act a little more serious than normal. That is why I figure Law is going to need to tie the fight into Luffy's own goal to get him to agree. That or appeal to his sense of justice by showing him atrocities committed by the target emperor.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Luffy actually has no sense of justice he only acts on his own feelings the only reason why the things he does are good is because he just happens to be a good person, because of that one life lesson Shanks taught him.

Luffy might say yes for three reasons. He's grateful for Law saving him, The emperor that Law wants to take down happens to be Blackbeard or Big Mam, and finally the emperor that Law wants to take down is close to finding the One Piece. But if Law says the one he want's to take down is Shanks, Luffy WILL decline and say "I want him one on one". Because when Luffy was a kid he said "MY CREW" will surpass "YOUR CREW" He didn't say "I'm going to team up with a dude that looks like he smokes weed and a giant talking panda bear and kick your ass"
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Jayvon wrote:Luffy actually has no sense of justice he only acts on his own feelings the only reason why the things he does are good is because he just happens to be a good person, because of that one life lesson Shanks taught him.

Luffy might say yes for three reasons. He's grateful for Law saving him, The emperor that Law wants to take down happens to be Blackbeard or Big Mam, and finally the emperor that Law wants to take down is close to finding the One Piece. But if Law says the one he want's to take down is Shanks, Luffy WILL decline and say "I want him one on one". Because when Luffy was a kid he said "MY CREW" will surpass "YOUR CREW" He didn't say "I'm going to team up with a dude that looks like he smokes weed and a giant talking panda bear and kick your ass"

Well wouldn't that have been a weird goal? Can you imagine the look on Shanks face if Luffy had said that?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:Luffy actually has no sense of justice he only acts on his own feelings the only reason why the things he does are good is because he just happens to be a good person, because of that one life lesson Shanks taught him.

Well wouldn't that have been a weird goal? Can you imagine the look on Shanks face if Luffy had said that?

Lol I didn't actually mean it that way, I mean Luffy want's to defeat Shanks with his own crew mates. Luffy would probably crush anyone that trys to fight Shanks before him.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Luffy doesnt want to defeat Shanks, he wants to surpass him. That means reaching something bigger than Shanks himself and something bigger than an emporor is the pirate king.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Bato wrote:Luffy doesnt want to defeat Shanks, he wants to surpass him. That means reaching something bigger than Shanks himself and something bigger than an emporor is the pirate king.

It could go either way. "Surpassing" Shanks could mean beating Shank's crew with his own or it could just mean reaching greater heights. Both would achieve that goal and Luffy might have both plans in mind for all we know. I just wonder how is Shanks so strong? We haven't really seen him do anything and he was able to swim last we saw him so if he didn't have a devil fruit at that time he probably still doesn't have one. So really Shank's fighting ability is one of the series's greatest mysteries at the moment. His crew seemed fairly normal too from what I remember and just didn't look like an emperor's crew. Although that might be due to them being shown before the writer even thought about the Emperors or making Shanks one of them.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:53 pm

I doubt Oda made the emporors up while the series was already ongoing actually. And i like how Shanks is one the strongest. You dont need to have a devil fruit to be strong. Zoro and Sanji, the 2 strongest of Luffy's crew after Luffy himself dont have devil fruit powers and Mihawk doesnt neither.

In Shanks his crew is 1 guy called Benn Beckman who apperently had a wax statue at that old mans place in episode of Luffy. I figure that guy only has strong pirates there. (notable pirates that he meet in his life).

Theres that fat guy who is also rather strong as you could see when he shot that guy in episode 4.

There is Yasopp, Usopp's father, judging from the stories we've heard about him, he is also strong.

And the rest i have no idea but according to the One Piece wikia Shanks has a crew of 10 men, including himself.

Im pretty curious about Shanks and his crew aswell, but with Whitebeard dead Shanks should be the strongest person alive. Maybe 2nd to Blackbeard, but i think Shanks is stronger.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:05 am

Bato wrote:Luffy doesn't want to defeat Shanks, he wants to surpass him. That means reaching something bigger than Shanks himself and something bigger than an emperor is the pirate king.

Still proves my point. If this is also the case he wont team with Law to beat him, so it must be another emperor.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:25 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Bato wrote:Luffy doesn't want to defeat Shanks, he wants to surpass him. That means reaching something bigger than Shanks himself and something bigger than an emperor is the pirate king.

Still proves my point. If this is also the case he wont team with Law to beat him, so it must be another emperor.

Yes im pretty sure it is a different emporor. Like i said, Law is a pretty smart guy and he knows who to take on. I really think it will be Kaidou. Im dying to see that guy and how he fights and his personality aswell.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun May 05, 2013 7:23 pm

I love to be right Very Happy

Luffy's reason to his nakama's why he accepted : "Pirate Alliance sounds fun" Very Happy Hehe :p
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun May 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Ovyda wrote:

Luffy's reason to his nakama's why he accepted : "Pirate Alliance sounds fun" Very Happy Hehe :p

I really want to know who it is though. They blocked it out so we have no idea.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun May 05, 2013 7:38 pm

I still think its Kaidou. Makes most sense right now.

And another confirmation that Caesar Clown is a crazy bastard Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Bato wrote:I still think its Kaidou. Makes most sense right now.

And another confirmation that Caesar Clown is a crazy bastard Very Happy

yeah he has a giant slime monster as a pet.... kinky. Wink
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:

It's either Shanks or Kaidou. I think more chance it's the latter one.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:

Why can't it be big mom?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:

Why can't it be big mom?

Of course, it's just my personal opinion, but I just believe Luffy's reaction would have been different, something like "I already declared a war against her, I'll take care of her myself". That "stupid" smile of him I think it was because Kaidou is something that Luffy doesn't know and he was like "sure I don't mind", since he doesn't know that guy and neither does he care about him. More like accepting because it sounds fun to cooperate with Law.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon May 06, 2013 6:47 am

Ovyda wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:

Why can't it be big mom?

Of course, it's just my personal opinion, but I just believe Luffy's reaction would have been different, something like "I already declared a war against her, I'll take care of her myself". That "stupid" smile of him I think it was because Kaidou is something that Luffy doesn't know and he was like "sure I don't mind", since he doesn't know that guy and neither does he care about him. More like accepting because it sounds fun to cooperate with Law.

Yup i agree. And then were gonna get Kaidou doing things he doesnt like etc etc Very Happy

Im really excited to meet Kaidou. I wonder what hes like.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12