JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One piece Discussion thread

+12
Ovyda
TheIllegalBiscuit
higurashi_conan
plantkingman
Bato
Supernatural Knight
baghost
Noobs
Sanji Wolfwood
LunarLexal
Pando
Metazoxan
16 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

One piece Discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: One piece Discussion thread

Post by Supernatural Knight Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 am

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Swan dude. The candle guy was Mr.3

Thanks.

@ Super
I didn't really like that dude, I couldn't stand his outfit, but after the Impel down arc I think he got a little bit better. However, The Straw hats already have a person who fights by kicking. Sure, he has a useful power, but I don't think he should be a part of the crew. Maybe only as an ally, but not an actual member. Besides, he has his own crew.

I agree with that, yes they have someone that already fights by kicking but Mr 2 was merely my answer for my favourite villain. I never meant that he should join the crew, just that I hope he isn't dead and that he must be a decent enough person since it seemed that Luffy enjoyed his company.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Supernatural Knight wrote:

I agree with that, yes they have someone that already fights by kicking but Mr 2 was merely my answer for my favourite villain. I never meant that he should join the crew, just that I hope he isn't dead and that he must be a decent enough person since it seemed that Luffy enjoyed his company.
Yeah, I realized that. I was just posting something for a bit more conversation.

Anyway,
Spoiler:
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:46 am

[quote="LunarLexal"]

Anyway,
Spoiler:

i think its the same laser's as the pacifistas. he did stay at vega punks lair for 2 years. the charging, the color, and the destructive power is the same (i think). why cant franky find another source of energy though he stayed in that island? i mean im sure there he could have used air or any element as his source.
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 pm

[quote="Noobs"]
LunarLexal wrote:

Anyway,
Spoiler:

i think its the same laser's as the pacifistas. he did stay at vega punks lair for 2 years. the charging, the color, and the destructive power is the same (i think). why cant franky find another source of energy though he stayed in that island? i mean im sure there he could have used air or any element as his source.

Probably the same. That ghost like thing also said its similiar to the pacifistas. (i already know who the ghost like thing is and his relation to vegapunk cuz i spoiled myself while they were in fishman island -_-)
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Noobs wrote:

Yeah, besides the much more rarer, cola. I think it would have been better if he had found a different power source, instead of getting more bulkier.

Bato wrote:
Probably the same. That ghost like thing also said its similiar to the pacifistas. (i already know who the ghost like thing is and his relation to vegapunk cuz i spoiled myself while they were in fishman island -_-)

ahhhh, That's why I don't read any manga, who's anime I'm currently watching.

does anyone else think that the ghosty dude looks similar to Brook, when he's just a soul?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 am

i did notice the similarity. i am assuming its because he is a logia type.

when i say the half body samurai, i thought it was by the doing of law. well that body remove power but then that ghost appeared. when he said he is interested on franky i am thinking about mind control or body manipulation. what do you guys think that ghost would do to franky?
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Since he knows Vegapunk, maybe similiar things that vegapunk did to kuma. Turn him into a complete pacifista. But then again, since the ghost like thing said something like damn pacifista, maybe not. But hes definitely not in for something good with Franky Very Happy

And the body of that samurai is definitely the doing of Law. It cant be anything else. Go search Law's ability on youtube, its exactly the same.

LunarLexal wrote:ahhhh, That's why I don't read any manga, who's anime I'm currently watching.

I read it on the One Piece wikia. I started reading and couldnt stop reading after that Sad Luckily i got myself to click it away before it ruined evrything Very Happy I only know the ghost things name and his relation to vegapunk. Luckily nothing more. But it wont take long untill we find out ourselves. Cant wait!
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:28 pm

Noobs wrote:i did notice the similarity. i am assuming its because he is a logia type.

when i say the half body samurai, i thought it was by the doing of law. well that body remove power but then that ghost appeared. when he said he is interested on franky i am thinking about mind control or body manipulation. what do you guys think that ghost would do to franky?
I think that he's looking to get his hands on his own cyborg, to fight against the pacifistas.

Bato wrote:Since he knows Vegapunk, maybe similiar things that vegapunk did to kuma. Turn him into a complete pacifista. But then again, since the ghost like thing said something like damn pacifista, maybe not. But hes definitely not in for something good with Franky Very Happy

And the body of that samurai is definitely the doing of Law. It cant be anything else. Go search Law's ability on youtube, its exactly the same.

I read it on the One Piece wikia. I started reading and couldnt stop reading after that Sad Luckily i got myself to click it away before it ruined evrything Very Happy I only know the ghost things name and his relation to vegapunk. Luckily nothing more. But it wont take long untill we find out ourselves. Cant wait!
That's good. I hate it when I spoil things for my self.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:38 pm

The first time I saw One Piece was the 4Kids version. The thing I hate about 4Kids version is that they cut out so much from the actually show you know there should be more to the series. Like when the Straw Hat crew got attacked by Mr. 3 and his partner on that island with the giants.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:26 am

plantkingman wrote:The first time I saw One Piece was the 4Kids version. The thing I hate about 4Kids version is that they cut out so much from the actually show you know there should be more to the series. Like when the Straw Hat crew got attacked by Mr. 3 and his partner on that island with the giants.

Well, I've never actually watched any of the 4kids anime. But it sounds crappy, and well... for the kids.

Anyway, I haven't watched the new episode yet, but I will tomorrow afternoon.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 am

watched this week's ep. well its on the complication stage and not much info given.
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm

lol

Spoiler:
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Noobs wrote:watched this week's ep. well its on the complication stage and not much info given.
And just for questions.

Here's my theory:

The gassy guy's base kidnapped the samurai's son to use as a guinea pig. The Samurai chased after them and found the centaur clan/group. He killed some of them, thinking that they were allies of the kidnappers. I think this, because I remember him saying "I'll cut anyone in my way!"

Now, about the samurai being in pieces, yet alive. Yes, this looks a lot like Law's power, but I don't think it is. It's similar, but there are differences. The biggest difference is that all the pieces seem sentient. From what I remember, the people who got sliced up by law, the only sentient piece was the head. The second reason is that the pieces of the Samurai don't seem to be aware of the other pieces. With Law's power, the people seemed to still be in control of their limbs, they were just placed everywhere. I think that he's in pieces due to something that the gassy guy.

It's just a theory, I could be totally wrong. But, personally, I don't think so.

Also, for discussion, what does everyone think about chopper's new forms?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 am

Those are interesting theories and I look forward to finding out what actually separated the samurai instead of just speculating myself.

To answer your question Lunar, I hate Choppers new forms.

Chopper is my favourite character, with the only moment that was sadder to me than his backstory being the viking funeral for Merry so it should be easy for me to accept them.
But no, I absolutely hate them, including his smallest forms newer appearance. I just find his design to weird now, and one of the most disappointing features being the removal of his original hat. Now this could be for a bit of content later, but how could he get rid of his first ever present from his first ever friend? He cherished that hat, to me it would basically be equivalent to Luffy not wanting his straw hat anymore.

But back about the forms, most of them are ruined including the human form. Yes they said that that form was so he could try and befriend humans, and it is true that he now has friends but I just prefer its old one, and now the new one has a stupid ring around its neck and so on. And Kung fu instead of arm point is absolutely horrible.
Although I'm not sure if we've seen the new jump point yet.

However he is still my favourite for his personality, everything he says makes me laugh regardless of whether it is good or bad.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am

He still wears his hat though. It just has a blue hat over it. But he didnt get rid of it and i doubt he would ever not want it anymore.

One piece Discussion thread - Page 2 Chopper_Timeskip

One piece Discussion thread - Page 2 Op-Chopper

I do agree though, the old looks were way better.

Luffy - not much difference

Zoro - although i prefered 2 eyed Zoro, im sure they will come up with a great story about how he lost his eye (Mihawk badassness involved ofcourse)

Sanji - not much different

Chopper - I prefered his old look but i can live with this

Nami - sometimes her boobs are too big, but i like her long hair more than before timeskip

Usopp - i prefered him before timeskip. Especially his hair.

Robin - the worst chance from all the strawhats. I absolutely hate her look now. Way oversized boobs that dont fit in compared to her sometimes extremely thin body. Those sunglasses make her look like a retard. And i also liked her hairstyle more from before timeskip.

Franky - doesnt bother me at all and i like his new features.

Brook - I liked him more before timeskip aswell. He gotta get rid of that crown
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh please you can't be serious about Usopp he looks so much better now, like a true man, not a coward.

Also Sanji did change, his hair falls to the opposite side now and it's funny because both eyebrows go the same way, lol.
One piece Discussion thread - Page 2 D0OHE

Also the oversized boobs are more of an animation problem, they look fine in the manga to me. Lately the animation has been kinda crappy.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Very crappy tbh. Maybe they feel left out because all other animes are doing an overload of ecchi.. It actually made me think of reading the manga instead last week.

And lol @ Sanji. I thought i noticed that but wasnt sure. And the eyebrows is a big fail actually lol

And Usopp, thats why i said his hair. I liked his hair the way it was. His muscles do look better but he doesnt fit them since hes still a coward Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:24 pm

To tell you the truth because of what 4kids did to One Piece i've been saying the anime sucks until last year a little bit b4 summer i think i started to watch it and saw it was actually good by funimation until they stopped b4 doing anything in water 7 and began watching the jap version in which i hated their voices but gradually started to like them better.
Anyway my fav character is pretty much a tie between pre-timeskip Robin and post-timeskip Perona. I dont really know why i like Perona so much but for Robin i liked her smart remarks and how easily she became part of the mugiwara's (I like the Japanese name better). Also i liked her past best f all because it was so unique 2nd was luffy's past with Sabo (im dead serious it made me cry) and 3rd chopper because Herulik or howwever you spell his name almost made me cry. Back to Perona i liked how she always made Zor look like an idiot when he tries to do something stupid like for example getting lost and then yelling at Perona for giving him the wrong directions.
My fav villian at normal situations i would say Hordy Jones but i hate that he was pressured by weak Arlong and he used drugs showing exactly hw easily he was technically the weakest boss in the whole show. So my fav would have to be Aokiji (or Kuzan) if he is counted as a villian because he had the most lax nature i mean saving Robin as a little girl letting them take Robin and Luffy and freazing almost the entire ocean with the touch of his hand. I mainly like hi the most because of how he challenged Akainu to become Fleet Admiral of the Marines after Sengoku decided to retire after the war of the best. I just like how he wouldnt let him become leader then left because he thought the marines would lose all justice (expecially because it was right after the death of Portogaz D. Ace or Gol D. Ace because like my 3rd or 4th fav character.

btw anyone know why it sometimes says Navy when everything else says marine?

Bato wrote:Very crappy tbh. Maybe they feel left out because all other animes are doing an overload of ecchi.. It actually made me think of reading the manga instead last week.

And lol @ Sanji. I thought i noticed that but wasnt sure. And the eyebrows is a big fail actually lol

And Usopp, thats why i said his hair. I liked his hair the way it was. His muscles do look better but he doesnt fit them since hes still a coward Very Happy

i also hated Robin post-timeskip she didnt have the kind of awesomeness she had in the pre-timeskip

i have a question if Usopp has plants that can kill people because they dont look harmful at all how come he still acts like such a freaking coward always scared of everything?
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:17 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:Those are interesting theories and I look forward to finding out what actually separated the samurai instead of just speculating myself.

Spoiler:

I like his new deer form, but not all the others. I mean, that Kung-fu form? WTF? I'm also not sure what to think about him being able to remain conscious in that super big form.

Also, I was shock that he changed hats to. I thought that e cherished that hat, as Luffy cherished his straw hat.

Bato wrote:He still wears his hat though. It just has a blue hat over it. But he didnt get rid of it and i doubt he would ever not want it anymore.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Why didn't I notice that before?

Luffy - I like his new outfit, for some reason I really like that yellow sash and the new shirt. IMO the sash was just that little thing that he was missing.

Zoro - I think I don't really like his new Nazi-looking outfit. I don't mind the eye thing but his outfit kinda weird.

Sanji - I agree, not much difference in appearance, but I don't like his life-threatening nosebleeds.

Chopper - I gave my opinion earlier in my post.

Nami - I like her hair to, but her body (And Robin's) is so thin, with too huge breasts.

Usopp - Same here, but not for the hair. He's too muscular to be a coward, yet he still is. For all his adventures he had with those man-eating plants, you would think he manned up a bit!

Robin - I don't like her look now, but I think I can live with it. I loved her cow-girl looks, and now she seems to be more tropical island.

Franky - IMO Franky's change was the worst. You would think that more advanced equals more sleek. Not bulky and blocky. I hate his new look. And his hairstyles! They are so stupid.

Brook - I don't like his new look either, but his new spirit form is pretty interesting. Also, his guitar. I think he should stuck with the violin.

Bato wrote:
Spoiler:

At first I hated his eyebrows. They were just so huge and swirly!

higurashi_conan wrote:
Spoiler:

That's why I don't like him.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Supernatural Knight wrote:Those are interesting theories and I look forward to finding out what actually separated the samurai instead of just speculating myself.

Chopper is my favourite character, with the only moment that was sadder to me than his backstory being the viking funeral for Merry so it should be easy for me to accept them.
But no, I absolutely hate them, including his smallest forms newer appearance. I just find his design to weird now, and one of the most disappointing features being the removal of his original hat. Now this could be for a bit of content later, but how could he get rid of his first ever present from his first ever friend? He cherished that hat, to me it would basically be equivalent to Luffy not wanting his straw hat anymore.

But back about the forms, most of them are ruined including the human form. Yes they said that that form was so he could try and befriend humans, and it is true that he now has friends but I just prefer its old one, and now the new one has a stupid ring around its neck and so on. And Kung fu instead of arm point is absolutely horrible.
Although I'm not sure if we've seen the new jump point yet.

However he is still my favourite for his personality, everything he says makes me laugh regardless of whether it is good or bad.
Yeah Kung fu point is just stupid and his human form is ruined.

Here is what I think about the crew
Luffy - New outfit is nice and I like that x scar.

Zoro - I think his outfit looks fine but I don't like how he lost an eye. It feels like he could be even stronger than he currently is if he just had both eyes. There is a reason humans have two and he can't see as well without both.

Sanji - Like everyone else said he only got minor changes.

Chopper - Don't really like the hat but I guess I'll get used to it. Most of his forms are ruined now and looked better before.

Nami - I like her new look. Long hair looks nice and as for the breasts. Well they were pretty big before so they got even bigger now. But she does seem a bit too skinny

Usopp - I like his new look personally. His new hat is way better and now he looks like he belong with the crew with his muscles. I don't mind he is still a coward for two reasons. 1 it is his character he just wouldn't be himself otherwise. Also don't forget they are in the new world now. Everything is on a whole new scale compared to before and he knows it. So he is still scared of everything because while he could easily beat up a lot of things he used to run away from everything got more powerful as well.

Robin - I wasn't the biggest fan of her hair at first but I'm getting used to it already. her outfit is fine but she orange shades seem out of place. Why did she not have black ones?

Franky - "IMO Franky's change was the worst. You would think that more advanced equals more sleek. Not bulky and blocky. I hate his new look. And his hairstyles! They are so stupid." I agree completely. He used to look mostly human with a little equipment but now his arms look like cheap robot toy arms and those giant red balls just don't help. Then his actual body doubled in size while his legs didn't. It just looks weird. But again I'm kinda getting used to it but if they decide to sleek him back up I certainly won't complain.

Brook -I like his new look personally. It isn't all that different from before but it has some more color which is nice.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Wasnt Franky destroyed on that island he was sent to?

And your 100% correct about Usopp. I agree completely. Usopp wont be Usopp if he wasnt a cowardly liar. Its just how he is and has always been. There is no man in the world who can change that, not even Elfman.

And about Zoro, he is a swordsman who gets into dangerous situations all the time and especially around Mihawk. Things like this can happen. He also has a huge scar across his chest from that day Mihawk cut him. And him losing his eye just shows what a dangerous place he was at.

Shanks has only 1 arm and is still 1 of the 4 emporors. Just imagine how strong he would have been if he had both arms.. But a pirate life is harsh and Zoro losing his eye is very realistic in a pirates world.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Bato wrote:Wasnt Franky destroyed on that island he was sent to?

And your 100% correct about Usopp. I agree completely. Usopp wont be Usopp if he wasnt a cowardly liar. Its just how he is and has always been. There is no man in the world who can change that, not even Elfman.

And about Zoro, he is a swordsman who gets into dangerous situations all the time and especially around Mihawk. Things like this can happen. He also has a huge scar across his chest from that day Mihawk cut him. And him losing his eye just shows what a dangerous place he was at.

Shanks has only 1 arm and is still 1 of the 4 emporors. Just imagine how strong he would have been if he had both arms.. But a pirate life is harsh and Zoro losing his eye is very realistic in a pirates world.

Frankey's face was burned off and he still had that. The rest of him was fine. Also I understand how he got it and that he can still be strong but I just always think about how much better he could be with proper eye site.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:59 pm

@ Meta:
I'm getting used to it to, but I just think that he should stick to one hairstyle.

About Usopp:
I like his new outfit, but when everyone split up and he was at a dangerous plant/island I was expecting him to man up at least a little. I mean, he's totally ripped now! You would think that he won't be scared by at least some things.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:35 pm

LunarLexal wrote:@ Meta:
I'm getting used to it to, but I just think that he should stick to one hairstyle.

About Usopp:
I like his new outfit, but when everyone split up and he was at a dangerous plant/island I was expecting him to man up at least a little. I mean, he's totally ripped now! You would think that he won't be scared by at least some things.

He isn't. Remember the fight against Hordy? He fought that bitter guy and he commented on how it was harder to bluff and do his usual thing because he could actually back up his threats. However like I said before he isn't stupid he knows the new world is in a whole different league and the only thing that training did was boost him up enough to keep up with that new league. If we gave some power levels let us say Usopp was a 10 while the average villain was say 100. Well now Usopp is easily 100 but now the villain average is going to be more like 10000! So you have to realize the crew may have gotten major power boosts but everything in the new world is also boosted to probably the same degree if not more. So Usopp has reason to still be scared as they go deeper into the new world. He probably got the biggest power boost out of the group (He used to be useless in battle but those plants are going to prove quite useful) but he is still the weakest of the crew.

Also I kinda like Franky changing hair styles. Most anime characters never even change their clothes so him changing his hair is interesting (although the crab hair is a bit lame)
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheIllegalBiscuit Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 am

I've got 3 theories, 1 and a half plot relevant.

Spoiler:

TheIllegalBiscuit
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next