JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "League of Legends" Club

+21
Roy Blue
Wampa
Severus
L3GION
Sporadic
Ginger7327
Jaysp656
Konata Izumi
Innocentowl
Kyoujin
Betapocalypse
Crazy Potato
BK-201
Hatless
DemonEyesJoe
Kelandis
MrYoSo901
ladyalchemist85
Enigma
MiniSiets
Kusanagi
25 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The "League of Legends" Club - Page 3 Empty Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by MiniSiets Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 am

After getting smoked with Kusa a couple days ago, I revised my ADC build to pleasing results. My old zero crit experiment just doesn't seem to hold as effectively in the higher ELO games, especially after they quickly toned down Black Cleaver from its initial season 3 stats. It was fun while it lasted though. New setup I'm working with so far scored me 14/3 last game and a game where I saved the whole team when we were about to lose, finishing with 17/7. Finally back to my old pubstomping streaks.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 am

mmm revised my MF also, got early Q's and and E's in early games to test what kusa and I discussed, and its pretty good, totally feels like playing gangplank minus the mana cost plus the increased range. totally ignored W at level 1. Burst damage flash ignite Q+E+R so fun.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 am

Forever cursed by ELO hell. Bot lane fed so incredibly hard. Nothing I could do.
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Male Posts : 110
Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 am

Enigma wrote:Forever cursed by ELO hell. Bot lane fed so incredibly hard. Nothing I could do.

well apparently i suck at ranked adc bot as well. Just had another cait + taric in bot again, did avoid getting killed, but couldn't avoid nocturnes jungle ganks even when warded, flash stun taric is scary.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Enigma wrote:Forever cursed by ELO hell. Bot lane fed so incredibly hard. Nothing I could do.

well apparently i suck at ranked adc bot as well. Just had another cait + taric in bot again, did avoid getting killed, but couldn't avoid nocturnes jungle ganks even when warded, flash stun taric is scary.

Taric is one of the best supports. If you don't get a taric, you're in for a bad time.
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:18 am

MiniSiets wrote:After getting smoked with Kusa a couple days ago, I revised my ADC build to pleasing results. My old zero crit experiment just doesn't seem to hold as effectively in the higher ELO games, especially after they quickly toned down Black Cleaver from its initial season 3 stats. It was fun while it lasted though. New setup I'm working with so far scored me 14/3 last game and a game where I saved the whole team when we were about to lose, finishing with 17/7. Finally back to my old pubstomping streaks.
Yeah, you really do need criticals if you're an AD carry, especially if the enemy team even has one tanky champion. The percentage damage increase is directly proportional to your critical rate (e.g. 20% critical rate = 20% damage increase). What build do you use now, and for which specific champions?

MrYoSo901 wrote:mmm revised my MF also, got early Q's and and E's in early games to test what kusa and I discussed, and its pretty good, totally feels like playing gangplank minus the mana cost plus the increased range. totally ignored W at level 1. Burst damage flash ignite Q+E+R so fun.
W is pretty strong DPS, which is important past level 8 or so, so be sure to at least have one point in it by then. I usually run 21/5/4 masteries to get some late game tankiness as well as mana, but 21/0/9 can work for as much mana as possible. Mana regen per level Glyphs (blue runes) can also help, but usually magic resistance is important mid game and against some supports.

Similar situation here. Played Ezreal, and no one on my team did well besides me. Top Shen died to Renekton 3 times and lost tower early; Mid was doing fine until a bad gank, and then their mid roamed bottom to secure 3-4 kills during a fight; our Cho'Gath jungle was building the Spectral Wraith Spirit Stone item and Shurelia's, wtf? And my support kept overextending blatantly and getting grabbed by Blitzcrank, but luckily I was still able to fit in advantages and pull through ahead in the lane even against Caitlyn's early game.

Enigma wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:

Taric is one of the best supports. If you don't get a taric, you're in for a bad time.
Yeah, Taric is really strong in lane and easy to capitalize with. His armor buff and heal make it difficult to hurt his lane, and his CC + burst can kill you if you don't have the utmost amounts of discipline in positioning.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:56 am

I've only tested the build on Vayne so far. Going to probably try it on Cait and Ashe too. It looks like this:

Doran's Blade
Boots of Speed
Vampiric Scepter
Berserker's Greaves
Bloodthirster
Trinity Force
Sell Doran's Blade->Zeal
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Statikk Shiv
Infinity Edge

I know the immediate criticism of it is that it takes too long to get Infinity Edge, but honestly you do enough damage on BT and TF alone that you can afford to hold off on it while you focus on building some other much needed stats in the late game. I never even completed IE in the games that I carried. Spirit of the Ancient Golem might seem curious too, but IMO it's really nice defense to go along with some much-needed tenacity if the enemy team is spamming the CC. Much more useful than Banshee's Veil or other common defensive choices if you ask me. There's also a lack of armor pen, but I figure as many times as you'll be scoring the 150% damage increase from TF + 250% damage from IE you should be able to overcome it. So far I haven't needed it, but that could change. In any case, if the enemy team is building less bursty and more tanky you can probably drop the Spirit for Black Cleaver, which between that and TF gives you a decent +500 hp increase while also adding that missing armor pen. I have armor pen runes to make up for it as well.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 am

MiniSiets wrote:I've only tested the build on Vayne so far. Going to probably try it on Cait and Ashe too. It looks like this:

Doran's Blade
Boots of Speed
Vampiric Scepter
Berserker's Greaves
Bloodthirster
Trinity Force
Sell Doran's Blade->Zeal
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Statikk Shiv
Infinity Edge

I know the immediate criticism of it is that it takes too long to get Infinity Edge, but honestly you do enough damage on BT and TF alone that you can afford to hold off on it while you focus on building some other much needed stats in the late game. I never even completed IE in the games that I carried. Spirit of the Ancient Golem might seem curious too, but IMO it's really nice defense to go along with some much-needed tenacity if the enemy team is spamming the CC. Much more useful than Banshee's Veil or other common defensive choices if you ask me. There's also a lack of armor pen, but I figure as many times as you'll be scoring the 150% damage increase from TF + 250% damage from IE you should be able to overcome it. So far I haven't needed it, but that could change. In any case, if the enemy team is building less bursty and more tanky you can probably drop the Spirit for Black Cleaver, which between that and TF gives you a decent +500 hp increase while also adding that missing armor pen. I have armor pen runes to make up for it as well.

Vayne has tons of damage in her kit, so she doesn't really need more than a Bloodthirster and a Zeal to do damage. I usually don't get Infinity Edge on her since it's too expensive, detracting gold from survivability and a stronger mid game yet not scaling on her Q (Q's bonus damage doesn't scale with criticals; if it did, I'd get IE). Trinity Force can work, but I prefer to use Phantom Dancer. The attack speed is all Vayne really needs to do damage because of the AD from her ultimate and her Silver Bolts, and the gold difference between PD and TF, which is a lot at like 1200g, lets PD Vayne achieve carry status sooner and leaves the later gold to be used for hardcore survivability. I usually use Quicksilver Sash or Cleanse for CC, so I wouldn't need tenacity. Without the tenacity, even Sunfire Cape becomes a better tank item than SotAG. But the survivability items I use are Warmog's, Randuin's, Guardian Angel, and Quicksilver Sash.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Betapocalypse Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 am

Man, I wish I actually played ADC decently still so I could actually provide some useful input, but as of season 3 I just can't do it. Not even sure why
Betapocalypse
Betapocalypse
Academy Student

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 am

anybody here can help counter against a yorick top using panth?
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:13 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:anybody here can help counter against a yorick top using panth?
How to lane against Yorick:

1.) Fetal position
2.) Cry

He really is an asshole of a champion to face. At least in S2 he had the possibility of running out of mana early game, but now he doesn't even have that because of Flask. All you can hope for is that the ghouls will push your lane and that your jungler will gank for you. Pantheon has a good stun and burst, so he can follow-up a gank very well. Outside of that, Pantheon is not a good match-up for Yorick. If you're being chased by a ghoul, go into the lane brush and if it can't see you, it will stop chasing you and go onto a minion or something.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:17 am

Mage Fortune new meta? D:

Spoiler:
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Betapocalypse Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 am

Kusanagi wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:anybody here can help counter against a yorick top using panth?
How to lane against Yorick:

1.) Fetal position
2.) Cry

He really is an asshole of a champion to face. At least in S2 he had the possibility of running out of mana early game, but now he doesn't even have that because of Flask. All you can hope for is that the ghouls will push your lane and that your jungler will gank for you. Pantheon has a good stun and burst, so he can follow-up a gank very well. Outside of that, Pantheon is not a good match-up for Yorick. If you're being chased by a ghoul, go into the lane brush and if it can't see you, it will stop chasing you and go onto a minion or something.

Yorick walks into a bar.
There was no counter.

Seriously though, all I can say for Yorick is Garen. Q out of the slow and pray you out damage him. Riven and Olaf can do well against him from my experience, but it takes some work.

MiniSiets wrote:Mage Fortune new meta? D:

Spoiler:

It takes a lot of miracles for Miss Dumbledortune to do anything. I've got a friend who tries it constantly with no success.
Betapocalypse
Betapocalypse
Academy Student

Male Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyoujin Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:32 am

Speaking of ADC Kusa, is it a bad idea to have both PD and Shiv?

Kyoujin
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

Kyoujin wrote:Speaking of ADC Kusa, is it a bad idea to have both PD and Shiv?

Pretty much everything is situational.

Statik Shiv + PD = MORE ATTACK SPEED! (and movement speed, and we should all know by now, movement speed is one of the most useful stats in the game) = More Statik Shiv procs = Better wave clearing = Better tower pushing = Possibly better damage output if you're somebody with a passive damaging spell (vayne, caitlyn).

Statik Shiv + Something more damage oriented = Better poke = Better team fight prep = Better team fights (assuming you know how to position and stay alive, as well as who to focus et cetera).

Personally, if I feel like I'm going to be doing a lot of pushing, I would get both, or, Shiv + Runaan's.

My Issue with this though, is that you'll probably have shiv before you even finish laning, if you're decently farmed and maybe have a kill or two. I don't like leading with Shiv because of this, because it effectively forces you to end your lane early, since you can't just say no to Shiv procs. If you use your procs every time they come up and don't work to find a singled out minion, you'll end up on their tower in a matter of moments. If their tower is down or yours is down or any other thing that would mean an end to your lane phase, statik shiv can be a great first item for farming pushing and tower deeps. Otherwise, I would probably build the PD first or something like BT.
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 am

Enigma wrote:
Kyoujin wrote:Speaking of ADC Kusa, is it a bad idea to have both PD and Shiv?

Pretty much everything is situational.

Statik Shiv + PD = MORE ATTACK SPEED! (and movement speed, and we should all know by now, movement speed is one of the most useful stats in the game) = More Statik Shiv procs = Better wave clearing = Better tower pushing = Possibly better damage output if you're somebody with a passive damaging spell (vayne, caitlyn).

Statik Shiv + Something more damage oriented = Better poke = Better team fight prep = Better team fights (assuming you know how to position and stay alive, as well as who to focus et cetera).

Personally, if I feel like I'm going to be doing a lot of pushing, I would get both, or, Shiv + Runaan's.

My Issue with this though, is that you'll probably have shiv before you even finish laning, if you're decently farmed and maybe have a kill or two. I don't like leading with Shiv because of this, because it effectively forces you to end your lane early, since you can't just say no to Shiv procs. If you use your procs every time they come up and don't work to find a singled out minion, you'll end up on their tower in a matter of moments. If their tower is down or yours is down or any other thing that would mean an end to your lane phase, statik shiv can be a great first item for farming pushing and tower deeps. Otherwise, I would probably build the PD first or something like BT.

yeah static's 100ap damage chain does wonders... you can inflict massive damage if its combined with crit and just poke with normal attacks.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:23 pm

PD + SS isn't necessarily bad. But the thing is that AD carries have so many other items they need to get that they can't really fit it in. They need Bloodthirster for lifesteal; they need one of either PD/SS for attack speed and critical rate; they need Last Whisper to damage tanks and penetrate their armor; they need a survivability item; some carries need Infinity Edge to do damage. After all those, usually games are close to being finished.

But if you're at that late stage of the game, it wouldn't be a bad buy. As for whether to use PD or SS, I usually prefer PD. But SS is good versus squishy teams as the flat burst damage is a greater percentage of their HP.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:27 am

17/8/15 loss. Could not carry more. Their darius talking mad shit because he had 3 more kills than me.

Ignore double deathcap. Was going to buy all deathcaps but the game ended before I could.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21693220#history

3 out of 5 players went afk for an extended amount of time, as well.

Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 am

It seems like the new Ranked system will come out after the patch. I'm really considering playing Ranked more often. Since Ranked was down for several hours before the servers went down, a lot of diamond and platinum level players went into Normal queue today. The challenge of going against them was really fun, and I enjoyed learning a lot from the games, so I want to consistently play with people at that level.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Double posting for a new subject that should be brought up.

http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/b/362814801?t=3h33m00s

Finals of a (Korean?) tournament. Best of 5, 2 to 2. The decisive game. And what does one of the teams do?

Runs jungle Heimerdinger
Goes (almost) all mid
Stacks Doran's items and elixirs, even Doran's Blades on Blitzcrank
Takes the first inhibitor before 10 minutes; wins the game before 20

Insane game.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 am

Seems to me like it's going to take a long ass time to get through my silver league.. 5 divisions, each division needs 100 points, then requires best out of 3 for each division promotion..

I'm at 30 points right now. 2/1 since new league system. 2 wins with talon, 1 loss with pantheon because of an anti-push team.
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am

Forum Name: Jaysp656
Ingame Names: MasterJaywingi
Region: NA
Preferred Maps: any so far
Level: 8

(I'm a real noobie) jocolor
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Jaysp656 wrote:Forum Name: Jaysp656
Ingame Names: MasterJaywingi

(I'm a real noobie) jocolor

err.. name not found.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:08 am

My apologies, I added an "i"

Ingame Names: MasterJaywing
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 am

Jaysp656 wrote:My apologies, I added an "i"

Ingame Names: MasterJaywing

ok sent an request, lets play a game if you're online.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next