JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga Club

+7
Sanji Wolfwood
sayWut
- The Rose -
BK-201
mageman603
Blazer
Metazoxan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manga Club Empty Manga Club

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 am

[SIZE="5"]The Manga Club[/SIZE]
Manga Club 219w0b8
This is the Official manga Club for everything manga related. Discussions can include

• Manga you are reading
  • Manga you have read in the past
  • Manga you plan to read
  • Manga talk in general

In order to become an Official member you must simply read or at least have once read manga and send a visitor/private message to me. All members will of course receive the club badge (See above pic).

Our doors are always open so don't be afraid to join if you want to but please remember to keep requests out of the club thread.

Founder:
Spoiler:

Member list
Spoiler:

[SIZE="5"]IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"][URL="http://www.allmangasreader.com/"]ALL MANGA READER[/URL][/SIZE]

If you read manga and you use google chrome (or even if you don't I think there is a fire fox version) you should download [URL="http://www.allmangasreader.com/"]this extension[/URL].

Description

All Mangas Reader (AMR) is a Google Chrome extension which allows you to follow updates of mangas on your favorite web site (Manga Fox, Bleach Exile, MangaStream, and about 25 more) and which beautifies your reading, by displaying full chapters scans in the web sites.

Follow updates

When you read a manga on a manga site supported by AMR, this manga will be automatically added to the AMR reading list.
Access any chapter you want immediately
AMR warns you instantly when a new chapter is published for one of your followed manga
Search manga on 30 web sites in one click
Synchronize your reading list over your computers
Organize your manga in categories
Bookmark your favorite chapters and scans to find them back easily
Beautify Mangas web site

Display full chapter scans instead of single scan directly on the supported web sites
For wide screens, you can choose to see the chapter as a real book. (left to right or from right to left)
Remove ads while reading manga
AMR supported web sites (35 web sites supported) : [URL="http://www.allmangasreader.com/faq.php"]Click here for more info
[/URL]

[SIZE="5"]Fan-fic manga contest[/SIZE]

Spoiler:

[SIZE="5"]Manga of the month[/SIZE]
Information regarding this event Will be provided in the event thread.

Last edited by Metazoxan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am; edited 11 times in total
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Manga Club Empty Re: Manga Club

Post by Blazer Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm

This message was erased due to violation of the *Contraception Agreement*

Last edited by Blazer on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by mageman603 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

I sent a message to be allowed in...still no response...
mageman603
mageman603
Lab Member

Male Posts : 50
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 am

Don't worry if you don't get a response. Meta wants this club to be more active than it was on the previous forum so won't say no to anyone.

Welcome to the club guys! We are currently voting on what manga to read here.
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 pm

BK-201 wrote:Don't worry if you don't get a response. Meta wants this club to be more active than it was on the previous forum so won't say no to anyone.

Welcome to the club guys! We are currently voting on what manga to read here.

You make me sound desperate. Neutral

But anyway I will add him to the club.

BTW I need to refine the member list So I need two things. First anyone who intends to be active in the club please say so. I will highlight your name. Also I can't remember when was the last time some of the people on the member list last logged on. If there is anyone that left that is still on the list please let me know. For those that were on the other forum but haven't shown up here yet I will leave them on for now but their names won't be highlighted. Also if you changed your name after coming here and the listed name is your old one let me know and I will change that to.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageman603 Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Well I plan on participating...long as I am able to find the manga somewhere
mageman603
mageman603
Lab Member

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 pm

[quote="mageman603"]Well I plan on participating...long as I am able to find the manga somewhere[/quote

Don't worry with each discussion even links will be provided.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 pm

i'm on volume 8 of case closed now, still reading through some cases that were dubbed unfortunately
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 pm

- The Rose - wrote:i'm on volume 8 of case closed now, still reading through some cases that were dubbed unfortunately

I just watch the anime for Detective Conan (Dubbed as case Closed for some strange reason). If you also watched it how do the anime and manga compare in this case.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:21 pm

I plan to be being active, more or less like last time ^^
Also, Spice and Wolf manga is great, drawn perfectly such better character details than the anime.
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:23 pm

the manga and the anime are for right now pretty much the same, there are a few cases scattered about the manga to where i am so far that weren't dubbed in the anime and some of the dialogue was change to match the original japanese i think.

eventually i will get to where the dub ended and just get to all new material
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm

- The Rose - wrote:the manga and the anime are for right now pretty much the same, there are a few cases scattered about the manga to where i am so far that weren't dubbed in the anime and some of the dialogue was change to match the original japanese i think.

I moved on from Dub to sub long ago. You know there are over 600 episodes of that show?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm

I intend to be just as active as I've been.
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:54 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
- The Rose - wrote:the manga and the anime are for right now pretty much the same, there are a few cases scattered about the manga to where i am so far that weren't dubbed in the anime and some of the dialogue was change to match the original japanese i think.

I moved on from Dub to sub long ago. You know there are over 600 episodes of that show?
Yes i am aware, there are also roughly 50 volumes of the manga. each manga has 3-5 cases per volume
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by mageman603 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 pm

jeez...so long...I don't think I have the will to stick with something for 600 episodes...Even Nana was too long for me and that was like 50 or something
mageman603
mageman603
Lab Member

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:44 pm

mageman603 wrote:jeez...so long...I don't think I have the will to stick with something for 600 episodes...Even Nana was too long for me and that was like 50 or something

I like long series and that is true for both anime and manga. Longer stories give more time for things to happen, more time to get to know the characters, and more time for the world to grow on you. Events feel like they carry more weight since you have seen so much of the world and it's people it matters more to you. If a manga was only 10 chapters you would care a lot less if the main character died than if it was a 100+ chapter manga.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageman603 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 pm

true...but with manga its different cause I like reading...so reading long things doesnt really bore me...but 600 episodes of something definitely would
mageman603
mageman603
Lab Member

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:20 pm

mageman603 wrote:true...but with manga its different cause I like reading...so reading long things doesnt really bore me...but 600 episodes of something definitely would

Well each person can enjoy things how they prefer.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by mageman603 Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm

True
mageman603
mageman603
Lab Member

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:48 am

I'd figure off by listing off every manga I've completed; 20th Century Boys (and it's sequel); Cross Epoch; Rurouni Kenshin (and it's sequel); Sandland; and all that's been released of Deadman Wonderland. Read others just never finished or got far into them. I started getting into reading manga (again) after watching Kenshin and reading a lot of "Jinchuu arc > Kyoto arc" on forums and seeing as I loved the Kyoto arc I had to read this. Anyway, recently just finished 20th Century Boys, gave it a 9/10. Might've gotten a perfect score had it not been for the final arc. Wasn't bad enough to knock it down to an 8, although admittedly it was close to. Going to read Monster next, since I want to experience the story again and this is a quicker way to do so. After that, I'll probably read Negima!, since it's my friends favorite manga.

*Edit*

Oh, and I can't believe I almost forgot but Kyoto arc > Jinchuu arc, and it's not even close for me.

*Edit*

Another thing I forgot but I'd like to mention, I absolutely love both versions of Bob Lennon, two songs that were made to go along with manga of 20th Century Boys.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:08 am

Hello. I was a member of the old Manga club, so I thought that I should post a bit. I don't really read manga anymore, but I was thinking of reading Magi, and the One Piece manga. Has anyone here read either of those two? If so, what do you think about them?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 am

LunarLexal wrote:Hello. I was a member of the old Manga club, so I thought that I should post a bit. I don't really read manga anymore, but I was thinking of reading Magi, and the One Piece manga. Has anyone here read either of those two? If so, what do you think about them?

Magi is great it is one of my favorite manga right now. READ IT! As for one piece I haven't read it but it is one of those manga that the anime follows pretty well from what I hear so based off of that I'd say that it is great to. Plus it is a super popular manga so that has to say something right?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:42 am

LunarLexal wrote:Hello. I was a member of the old Manga club, so I thought that I should post a bit. I don't really read manga anymore, but I was thinking of reading Magi, and the One Piece manga. Has anyone here read either of those two? If so, what do you think about them?

go for magi instead of one piece. One piece is nice but to be honest if you start at the very beginning and read it through the end it gets kind of repetitive. Its not that noticeable compared to how bleach is but when you've read enough chapter you'll eventually notice it. There's also so much "power of friendship" in one piece and TBH after reading fairy tail i got tired of that kind of thing. Magi is different from that, there's a lot of twists and stuff happening while the story progresses, but IMO its a little bit overdone that you'll eventually expect that some twist will happen every couple of chapters.

Also i recommended this manga before the old forum got nuked but go read Onani Master Kurosawa or Molester man if you're looking for manga's that doesn't stretch very long but still an enjoyable read.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:02 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Also i recommended this manga before the old forum got nuked but go read Onani Master Kurosawa or Molester man if you're looking for manga's that doesn't stretch very long but still an enjoyable read.

Kurosawa is awesome, you really feel for him but the comedy is brilliant!
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 am

BK-201 wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:

Kurosawa is awesome, you really feel for him but the comedy is brilliant!

if you loved that go read molester man, its from the same author and the story is based from the 2ch boards, just like densha otoko
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next