JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga club- Fairy Tail

+4
LunarLexal
Pando
Sanji Wolfwood
Metazoxan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Manga club- Fairy Tail Empty Manga club- Fairy Tail

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Manga Club-fairy Tail

Manga club- Fairy Tail Guild-the-fairy-tail-guild-29207635-1500-1500

Okay now we can start discussing fairy Tail. Here are a few questions to start things off. What do you think of Lucy? What about Natsu? How does this compare with the anime so far (assuming you have seen it)? Discussion will start with chapter one and go up to 4. If everyone gets through that easily we can extend that (fairy tail has plenty of material to get through). But we will go with a simple 4 chapter format for now so that we don't have to read that no one has time for the event.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Manga club- Fairy Tail Empty Re: Manga club- Fairy Tail

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Just finished reading the first four chapters. I really liked both Lucy and Natsu, Natsu especially. From what I've seen of the anime, the first episode, I much prefer the anime. Maybe it was because I wasn't hearing Todd Haberkorn as Natsu, or maybe it's because I just don't like the first episode/chapter (it's just really bland, but it set's up things nicely and there aren't really much shonen that I like the beginning).

Definitely get the One Piece with magic vibe that everyone told me it was, but that's more of a compliment than anything else. Really can't wait to find out more about the other characters aside from Natsu/Lucy/Happy and they introduced them in one of the funniest ways they could. I thought the whole thing was pretty hilarious too, and I marked out when Plue from Rave Master appeared (despite how little I actually remember from it). Overall, a solid start, nothing extraordinary but can't expect it to be. Looks like the next arc could be really fun, interested about the price raise.

My biggest complaint has to be the recapping. I know it makes up like one page but did we really need a recap in chapter 3?

Also, last panel is the best scene transition I've seen in anything ever . . .

Spoiler:
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Haha that really brought back some good memories. I've always loved Natsu since the start, he's just pure badass. I chuckled a a bunch of times. I like the manga's art too, a bit different from the current art but you can tell it just improved.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 pm

It is kinda funny how when the manga starts Lucy is basically the main character but the focus shifts more to Natsu later on.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Because Natsu is 100 times more awesome than Lucy.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Pando wrote:Because Natsu is 100 times more awesome than Lucy.

Still I can't think of many manga that really do that. When the manga first starts the focus really is on Lucy but then changes to Natsu. Although the rest of Fairy tail gets plenty of focus he seems to get the most. Actually does Fairy tail even have a central main character? I guess Natsu is the closest but it's not like the plot really revolves around just him.

Maybe I should just extend discussion to chapter 8 a little early since there really isn't anything to talk about yet. This is a shonen and the first few chapters are pretty much just for intros. So yeah I'll extend it to 1-8 to try and get things moving a bit faster.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

Still I can't think of many manga that really do that. When the manga first starts the focus really is on Lucy but then changes to Natsu. Although the rest of Fairy tail gets plenty of focus he seems to get the most. Actually does Fairy tail even have a central main character? I guess Natsu is the closest but it's not like the plot really revolves around just him.

Maybe I should just extend discussion to chapter 8 a little early since there really isn't anything to talk about yet. This is a shonen and the first few chapters are pretty much just for intros. So yeah I'll extend it to 1-8 to try and get things moving a bit faster.

I would say that there isn't a main character, but a main group of characters.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:58 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

I would say that there isn't a main character, but a main group of characters.

Exactly. Even if most series has a main group there is the one character that is the lead. For example while squad 7 in Naruto was still together Naruto was clearly the main character even if Sakura and Sasuke were always around. But with Fairy tail it is kinda hard to pick out a main character.

BTW if anyone is actually new to this series and feels alienated because we are talking too far ahead please say so.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I'd say he is the main character, but then there's sub main characters. When you think about Fairy Tail who is the first character to pop in your head, for me it's always Natsu, he's always been my favorite character, I think that says enough.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Pando wrote:I'd say he is the main character, but then there's sub main characters. When you think about Fairy Tail who is the first character to pop in your head, for me it's always Natsu, he's always been my favorite character, I think that says enough.

Yes but the interesting thing about Fairy Tail isn't absolute like it is in a lot of other shonen. Take Bleach for example who is the main character? Ichigo. Who does the plot focus on? Ichigo. Who is the plot really matters for more than a single arc besides Ichigo? No one. Ichigo is the main character of the series and everyone and everything else is just backdrop and filler to give Ichigo something to do. The back stories of most of the characters are either brought up never to be mentioned again or skimmed over and left half done. Now look at fairy tail

There are plenty of times where Natsu barely shows up for the entire episode and some arcs put other characters into the spot light a bit more than Natsu. But anyway this is a manga discussion of the first few chapters not the series in general.

I'm going to move discussion up to chapter 16. If anyone has a problem with the 8 chapter jump please say so. I'm just doing it so that we can get into the good part of fairy Tail and out of the set up chapters. If anyone wants and even bigger jump we could do that to.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm totally new to this, but as long as spoilers aren't present I don't care about people talking ahead. I kind of like reading the discussions.

Anyway, the Daybreak arc was okay. Nothing really to talk about, thought the conclusion was nice. The action was pathetic, but it's the beginning so I didn't really expect Natsu to have any kind of trouble whatsoever. The whole raising the reward to 2 million did get my hopes up a little, so I was disappointing when it turned out to be nothing more curb-stomp. Not as funny as the previous arc, but still got a few good laughs. And I really like Natsu as a character.

The Lullaby arc so far has been pretty great. Liked that they actually built up one of the fights (even if it was ultimately a curb-stomp). I actually liked Kageyama, Shikamaru rip off or not. Gray is great, so I'm glad that he got involved this time. Loved Erza almost immediately, and love her magic. Eligor has a fantastic design. Totally saw them killing Kageyama off but nice development. I expect Lucy to be the one to get them out of there, and I have several ideas of how. Would be surprised if she doesn't, otherwise I can't get what her role in this arc would be, other than transportation for Natsu of course xD.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

@Meta: I am disappointed in the Bleach manga so far...it's very unimpressive and unoriginal with the rest of it so far. I was also disappointed how they ended the anime...Fairy Tail is x100 better.

So are we NOT going to talk about the newest chapters in the manga? O.o
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Blazer wrote:@Meta: I am disappointed in the Bleach manga so far...it's very unimpressive and unoriginal with the rest of it so far. I was also disappointed how they ended the anime...Fairy Tail is x100 better.

So are we NOT going to talk about the newest chapters in the manga? O.o

Well not many people are at the lastest chapters (like me I'm mostly following the anime) so the idea was to just start from the begining. BUt since no one seems interested maybe we should just skip to the first major arc in the manga and skip over all of the intro stuff. Does anyone know where that is? I guess I should have thought of this before hand but I didn't think that no one would want to discuss the early chapters.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Know where what is?
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Blazer wrote:Know where what is?
Where the beginning of the first main arc is.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:01 pm

Volume 1. Lucy's quest to join Fairy Tail!
By the way, you guys should read the new ones. It's gettin so much better Surprised
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Just read the new Fairy Tail chapter. I'm gettin all fired up xD
(am I the only one keeping up?)
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:52 pm

I read it too every week.

This chapter was awesome, Laxus keeps proving he's a badass. But holy shit I'm so excited for next week, 36 pages and some colored too!
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Pando wrote:I read it too every week.

This chapter was awesome, Laxus keeps proving he's a badass. But holy shit I'm so excited for next week, 36 pages and some colored too!

It gun be bawzzz! (squeals)
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 am

I'm still in the Galuna Island arc, I'm so behind. I'd say the Galuna Island arc is my favorite thus far since I thought Lullaby arc really feel to pieces at the end.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Cant wait for the new chapter.

Metazoxan wrote:It is kinda funny how when the manga starts Lucy is basically the main character but the focus shifts more to Natsu later on.

And im glad they did switch attention more to Natsu. Imo hes a great MC.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Bato wrote:Cant wait for the new chapter.

Metazoxan wrote:It is kinda funny how when the manga starts Lucy is basically the main character but the focus shifts more to Natsu later on.

You know Lucy would be way more awesome if she dabbled in some other magic besides celestial. As far as I know they have given no reason for someone to only have one kind of magic and jellal even used that multi layered magic thing. She doesn't have to specilize in anything else but just a little some so that she isn't completely helpless without her spirits would be nice. Every time she loses her keys she turns into a big, blond target.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Bato wrote:Cant wait for the new chapter.

You know Lucy would be way more awesome if she dabbled in some other magic besides celestial. As far as I know they have given no reason for someone to only have one kind of magic and jellal even used that multi layered magic thing. She doesn't have to specilize in anything else but just a little some so that she isn't completely helpless without her spirits would be nice. Every time she loses her keys she turns into a big, blond target.

Not in a manga club, but I guess I can join up for the discussion?

Anyway, I agree about Lucy usually being helpless without her keys and even she has those keys, it's spirits that are doing everything while she just stands back and shouts/screams/cries with annoying voice... I would understand if at least her character would be interesting and she would trash talk enemies or something... But now she's always having someone else to save her... And then we get LOTS OF TEARS because she's feeling bad being useless. It's so repetitive always... "I'm sorry, it's all my fault" always the same story, for fuck sake. How I am supposed not to get annoyed? Go train yourself so that you would stop tripping all the time, be more confident, do something to be useful for everyone's else sake...

On the other hand, we have Natsu who is way overpowered in my opinion. Sting and Rogue killed dragons(who are supposed to be strong) and yet got beaten by Natsu alone, who apparently wasn't even using his full power(btw he can't do dragon force as well). It just doesn't make sense... Like not so awhile ago he was struggling vs not that powerful opponents fighting 1vs1 and now easily 1v2 dragon slayers?... or is just me?

P.S. I don't dislike Natsu.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:41 am

I just finished chapter five yesterday. Lucy and Natsu are on the mission were they need to destroy the book. Since I've watched the anime, I already know whats going to happen, but since I haven't watched the beginning of the anime in a long time, it's been quite enjoyable to re-visit the start of the series.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:38 am

LunarLexal wrote:I just finished chapter five yesterday. Lucy and Natsu are on the mission were they need to destroy the book. Since I've watched the anime, I already know whats going to happen, but since I haven't watched the beginning of the anime in a long time, it's been quite enjoyable to re-visit the start of the series.

Well if anyone else wants to start back up the early chapter discussion we could try that.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next