JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ???

+29
joshier
Wampa
Sanji Wolfwood
flame808
Shadow_Links
Great_Oak
Crazy Potato
Sporadic
Tsuyushi
MacMeaties
Paper Tiger
Imagination
Supernatural Knight
F.A.P.
LunarLexal
Desdenova
plantkingman
Noobs
BlurredExistence
Keiichi Morisato
Nonononoki
Sir Maddy
Natsuru-san
Blazer
AlucArd_1590
Ovyda
Bato
Doomguy
Natsu Dragneel
33 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ??? - Page 11 Empty Re: What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ???

Post by BlurredExistence Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Well it was a bloody struggle, particularly towards the end where it wasn't just stupid it was positively a retard on a moronic level of stupid, but i've finished Elemental Gelade FINALLY!

It's a shame really because this anime does have a number of qualities that would make it very enjoyable (hence why i didn't drop it but continued straight to the end) but it constantly falls to the poorest of writing conventions to progress it's main story and often makes it's characters looking absolutely idiotic for doing the things they do!

Anyway, tho i could go on forever about this, i think i've ranted enough about this anime that's made me a little bit more bald. I'll sum it up by saying that the score i'm giving is dead centre 5/10 average, it could have been good but the writing totally fails it.

Now i'm moving on too Love Live! and i've picked this particular anime is for 3 reasons: 1. I've heard it's very good (and i need something to take away the bad taste EG left in my mouth). 2. I rather enjoyed iDOLM@STER and this looks some-what similar. And 3. ...err i didn't think of a third reason?... IT'S ANIME!?... Yeah, that'll do.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309

Back to top Go down

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ??? - Page 11 Empty Re: What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ???

Post by Tsuyushi Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:
Tsuyushi wrote:Gonna rewatch season one of Baka and Test to refresh my memory so I can watch season two. Very Happy
You can do that if you want but trust me, the way S2 happened and so on it's not necessary to refresh your memory if you've already seen S1.
Hmm, for serious? Razz
Well I kinda want to see it again anyway since it's been quite some time.
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:00 am

Natsuru, if memory serves me correct it goes Index season 1, then Railgun, then Index II, and then Railgun S. No idea on the spinoffs, sorry.

Doomguy wrote:Last Exile nice. Well I really liked it anyway.

So now I'm starting Jyu Oh Sei: Planet of the Beast King. Interesting concept so far. Everyone seems to be stranded on a dangerous planet so looks like we have a bit of a survival show going on. At least for now.
Agreed on Last Exile, it was quite excellent. It also has a sequel, if you were not aware, Fam the Silver Wing.

About Jyu Oh Sei, that survival theme goes on till the very end. I think you will enjoy this show, I know I did.

And I'm rewatching Eden of the East with my ladies. Too busy to proceed w/ the NHK right now, only so many ours in a day, will get back to it after the weekend is over.
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 am

Watched 11 eps of Naruto Shippuuden yesterday. Those eps..... Shocked
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:34 am

Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 2
I beamed with happiness seeing Saki and Kiyosumi in the OP.
Saki may be the main villain, but god damn it I'm rooting for her.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 am

Sir Maddy wrote:Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 2
I beamed with happiness seeing Saki and Kiyosumi in the OP.
Saki may be the main villain, but god damn it I'm rooting for her.

Don't want to spoil anything but Saki ain't the main villain they just have a misconception about her.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 am

Tsuyushi wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:
Tsuyushi wrote:Gonna rewatch season one of Baka and Test to refresh my memory so I can watch season two. :D
You can do that if you want but trust me, the way S2 happened and so on it's not necessary to refresh your memory if you've already seen S1.
Hmm, for serious? :P
Well I kinda want to see it again anyway since it's been quite some time.
Yeah, I'm serious. S2 is really different for the set up they used from S1 and it also covers more of the character's back story. It actually does a good job though it does feel a bit weird when compared to S1 and I do hope they make a 3rd season.

Paper Tiger wrote:Natsuru, if memory serves me correct it goes Index season 1, then Railgun, then Index II, and then Railgun S. No idea on the spinoffs, sorry.

Thank you. :) Also darn. I was hoping Railgun could be watched before Index but man that's a unique set up they got going there. Since you and Noobs basically said the same thing I guess I'll have to watch it in that order though one last thing, the order you gave is by how the story goes right? If not then please explain.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 am

Natsuru-san wrote:
Paper Tiger wrote:Natsuru, if memory serves me correct it goes Index season 1, then Railgun, then Index II, and then Railgun S. No idea on the spinoffs, sorry.

Thank you. Smile Also darn. I was hoping Railgun could be watched before Index but man that's a unique set up they got going there. Since you and Noobs basically said the same thing I guess I'll have to watch it in that order though one last thing, the order you gave is by how the story goes right? If not then please explain.

Railgun is the spinoff (unles you're talking about the specials for each series... which are just chibi shorts that have no baring at all on the storyline). And yeah you do need to watch the first series of Index before Railgun cause there are events and characters in that series who would spoil it for you if you didn't... altho it's not entirely clear when some of the stuff in Railgun happens... it could be that the events are happening along side the first series of Index, but despite having said that it is definitely set up for those who have knowledge of what occurs in that series.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it tho it is set up to be watched Index 1 the Railgun 1 then Index 2... in theory you could probably happily watch Index 1&2 and then start on Railgun due to their nature of them being some what separate storylines. It has to be Index first tho just so you know who's who and what's what, Railgun doesn't establish anything but the new elements it introduces.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am

Episode 83 of Cardfight!! Vanguard, almost caught up
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by AlucArd_1590 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:03 am

Just started high school of the dead again I missed that anime
AlucArd_1590
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:57 am

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Episode 83 of Cardfight!! Vanguard, almost caught up

83 ep? I guess you mean 2nd season Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:03 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:Episode 83 of Cardfight!! Vanguard, almost caught up

83 ep? I guess you mean 2nd season Very Happy
Correct, it would be episode 18 of the second season
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Wish I had time for it Neutral I am behind already on this season (stupid uni). Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Watched Heaven's Memo Pad eps 2 & 3.

BlurredExistence wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:

Thank you. :) Also darn. I was hoping Railgun could be watched before Index but man that's a unique set up they got going there. Since you and Noobs basically said the same thing I guess I'll have to watch it in that order though one last thing, the order you gave is by how the story goes right? If not then please explain.

Railgun is the spinoff (unles you're talking about the specials for each series... which are just chibi shorts that have no baring at all on the storyline). And yeah you do need to watch the first series of Index before Railgun cause there are events and characters in that series who would spoil it for you if you didn't... altho it's not entirely clear when some of the stuff in Railgun happens... it could be that the events are happening along side the first series of Index, but despite having said that it is definitely set up for those who have knowledge of what occurs in that series.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it tho it is set up to be watched Index 1 the Railgun 1 then Index 2... in theory you could probably happily watch Index 1&2 and then start on Railgun due to their nature of them being some what separate storylines. It has to be Index first tho just so you know who's who and what's what, Railgun doesn't establish anything but the new elements it introduces.
Ok now here is where I would like to get confirmation on what order to watch them in from whoever has seen both series since now I'm getting told something different here.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Ok now here is where I would like to get confirmation on what order to watch them in from whoever has seen both series since now I'm getting told something different here.

Different? Essentially i am saying the same thing as what you have been told: *Index has to come first.* Whether you watch it Index Railgun Index or Index Index Railgun is up to you tho (as after the first series the two stories become unrelated). The only thing i can't comment on is series two of Railgun cause i've yet to watch that. Also be aware there's a movie out there which is, i think (can't say absolutely as i've yet to see it), is the third part of the Index story.

However saying all that i would put my personal preference behind watching it in the Index Railgun Index pattern purely because the events of Railgun seem to occur either during or directly after the first series of Index. Kinda how Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu? had nothing really to do with the story of either series of Full Metal Panic! but were events that could only have taken place between the two of them. In fact i only really offered Index Index Railgun as an option for you because it seemed like you wanted to do them as separate stories: "Also darn. I was hoping Railgun could be watched before Index but man that's a unique set up they got going there." I just wanted it to be clear to you that no matter how you choose to watch it certain things will only make sense and won't be spoiled as long as you watch Index series 1 first! After that it's all down to your viewing preference imo.

These words were imparted to you by a massive Index fan btw, so if you have any other questions pls feel free to ask.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:
These words were imparted to you by a massive Index fan btw, so if you have any other questions pls feel free to ask.

I skipped everything you wrote and read just this part. Sounds good enough to me Twisted Evil
Really though I almost chose to watch this show right now but instead chose something else. Not sure how much longer I can hold out though Very Happy
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:22 pm

In tribute to Yamaguchi's passing.
I finished all of Zero no Tsukaima F, which was where I dropped it.
I gotta say, that ending was adorable.

Spoiler:
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Already caught up with the English dub of Cardfight!! Vanguard, next up is watch the latest Devil Survivor 2
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:In tribute to Yamaguchi's passing.
I finished all of Zero no Tsukaima F, which was where I dropped it.
I gotta say, that ending was adorable.

Spoiler:

I do agree that was a good ending, and totally the one we've all wanted to see. I would have rated that series a lot worse if it wasn't for that ending tbh. But i won't say a word against Yamaguchi, his preferences and mine are just clearly different, each to their own and all that jazz, but i do respect him for creating such an interesting world populated with largely unique and lovable characters (my only problem is what he makes them do but again personal preferences).
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Just finished watching "Valvrave the liberator" It was Awesome!
Spoiler:
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:41 pm

LunarLexal wrote:Just finished watching "Valvrave the liberator" It was Awesome!
Spoiler:

Thanks to your spoiler i've become interested in this anime! Wink
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:10 am

LunarLexal wrote:Just finished watching "Valvrave the liberator" It was Awesome!
Spoiler:

Is that a new release as well?
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 am

Finished the latest Devil Survivor 2, now to check out some of the new anime releases which include:

RDG Red Data Girl
Hataraku Maou-Sama
Cyclops Shoujo Saipuu
Photo Kano

And after that, I'll start watching the next anime on my list: Hakuoki
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:36 am

Well this is no good - I watched 10 minutes of a random .hack//roots episode just to check A/V quality, and now I'm hooked, even tho I have absolutely no clue as to who is who and what's going on. Too bad Roots is like the 2nd to last in the series, and I don't have the ones that prequel it... yet!!!

BlurredExistence wrote:These words were imparted to you by a massive Index fan btw, so if you have any other questions pls feel free to ask.
Index fan, or Railgun? Cause, you know, Misaka >> Index.

Spoiler:
That sounds very Gantz-ish actually. And I loved Gantz. So I looked up this show - looks like Gantz meets Gundam Seed meets Broken Blade. Dear Lord, if you are up there, and if you're listening, please make them dub this!
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:13 am

Just caught up and finished LB season 1. I love that ending song. I liked the ending, but I have bad feelings for the future. Idk if I am ready for it.

I mean look at this...
Spoiler:

also
Spoiler:
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next