JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season

+12
Metazoxan
Keiichi Morisato
The7thSeal
MacMeaties
Valvatorez
DemonEyesJoe
Sir Maddy
Natsuru-san
Great_Oak
Blazer
Nonononoki
Natsu Dragneel
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season Empty Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season

Post by Natsu Dragneel Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 am

The wraparound jacket band on the 18th volume of Dall-Young Lim and Kwang-Hyun Kim's Freezing manga is announcing on Wednesday that the second anime season has been green-lit. More information on the "anticipated" new season will be on the official website.

The anime adapts this manga about Kazuya, a boy who lost his sister in humankind's fight against beings from another dimension. He enrolls in a military academy for combat training against the dimensional beings. There, a group of girls known as "Pandora" prepare to fight the unknown enemy.

Funimation streamed the 12-episode series as it aired in Winter of 2011. It then acquired the home entertainment, broadcast, theatrical, digital, and merchandising rights for the series last year. Funimation plans to release the series on English-dubbed DVD and Blu-ray Disc this year.
Source: ANN

That's right folks, our wishes are finally coming true. First Highchool DxD and now this one, what's next, what do you people think about this
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season Empty Re: Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season

Post by Nonononoki Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 am

AWESOME! ;D
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season Empty Re: Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season

Post by Blazer Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 am

Bout damn time.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Great_Oak Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 am

Wasn't the biggest fan of the first season, but will definitely watch this.
Great_Oak
Great_Oak
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:01 am

HELL YES!!!! :) Oops. Didn't mean to shout. I recently finished watching this anime and it's top notch imo and I was hoping for a 2nd season. Just no way it wouldn't get one when it's this good. >:)

Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7-suKbCihj20BizBWkn_d5cvbfU3LpAlEsBNqCXmJstcq5C1dqC83yw2u

sooo much for letting me know this. This and Luigi's mansion dark moon as well as some tasty doughnuts have made my day. (And one or more other things)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:52 am

Question: I've been wanting to watch this anime.
But is it a harem?
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 am

Sir Maddy wrote:Question: I've been wanting to watch this anime.
But is it a harem?

I don't think so ;D
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:00 am

It sounds like a harem.
I just want a confirmation.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:40 am

Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season F6f
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:07 am

Sir Maddy wrote:Question: I've been wanting to watch this anime.
But is it a harem?

Actually, I think it's just 2 girls that like the MC. Other than those 2, I do not think anyone else falls for him.

MAL:
Genres: Action, Drama, Ecchi, Martial Arts, Romance, Sci-Fi, Harem, Seinen
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:31 am

There are more girls than guys, but like Karma said only 2 are "romantic interests".
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:It sounds like a harem.

Nope. Satellizer and Kazuya are pretty much a couple but Rana keeps trying to work her way in as "the second wife" but Kazuya isn't interested.

Needless to say I'm happy with this lol. Seeing as Satellizer is my waifu and I read the raw manga releases before they are published on Comic Valkyrie lol Razz

My only issue, and anyone who reads the manga will share my feelings, is if it follows the manga (the first season followed it quite well in terms of timeline but deviated on several plot points) it's going to start at the notorious Sibling Arc... Nothing about that Arc was fun to read. Not one page. Seeing it animated will likely be even harder to stomach.
At any rate the Alaska Arc that takes place after that is probably the best complete manga Arc so far! So it should be a fantastic watch.

Now if you'll all excuse me
Freezing Sci-Fi Action Anime Gets 2nd Season Carlton-dance-gif
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:23 pm

I am happy with this. I can't think of anything else to say.
The7thSeal
The7thSeal
Gillian

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:41 pm

OH HELL YEAH! (And yes I did mean to shout!)
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 pm

MacMeaties wrote:

Nope. Satellizer and Kazuya are pretty much a couple but Rana keeps trying to work her way in as "the second wife" but Kazuya isn't interested.

I really hate that in harems. If you aren't going to take anyone but one girl seriously as a love interest why keep wasting our time with the others. The reason harem series can be interesting is the various leads and possibilities of who he could end up with. Is it really that hard to take more than one girl seriously?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Sometimes in harems the MC will actually like someone, but all the girls get in the way.

You can correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:Sometimes in harems the MC will actually like someone, but all the girls get in the way.

It's more like they try to get in the way. Like in Rosario + Vampire he likes Moka right off the bat but then everyone else comes in and slows things down while clearly never having a chance in hell.

A better example of a harem is probably Ichigo 100% (This is manga only and I haven't even finished it yet). But basically he genuinely likes each girl, they genuinely like him, and he actually has to consider who he truly likes. It's not "I like girl A but I'm just going to be a wimp about it and not confess while all these other girls throw themselves at me because they actually think they have a chance".

I don't hate Rosario + Vampire but I just hate how it treats everyone besides Moka. Sometimes it feels like everyone else besides her is just an extra.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
MacMeaties wrote:

I really hate that in harems. If you aren't going to take anyone but one girl seriously as a love interest why keep wasting our time with the others. The reason harem series can be interesting is the various leads and possibilities of who he could end up with. Is it really that hard to take more than one girl seriously?

That's thing about Freezing. Kazuya actually tells Rana on several occasions she is just a friend and that he is with Satellizer but Rana is so stubborn she won't listen. Kazuya and Satellizer are 100% the couple.
And as I said it's not a harem. The main focus of the series is the fight between humans and the Nova as well as the personal conflicts between the Pandora. Yes there is a bit of romance but if your watching it for that your going to be disappointed.
Spoiler:
You watch it for teenage girl super soldiers having bitch fights and killing Aliens. Or at least that's why you read the manga lol.

I'm hoping season 2 focuses less on pantie shots and more on the manga's story Shocked The story is good for god sake. Why the anime studio focuses so much on the ecchi is beyond me.
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:39 pm

MacMeaties wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MacMeaties wrote:

That's thing about Freezing. Kazuya actually tells Rana on several occasions she is just a friend and that he is with Satellizer but Rana is so stubborn she won't listen. Kazuya and Satellizer are 100% the couple.
And as I said it's not a harem. The main focus of the series is the fight between humans and the Nova as well as the personal conflicts between the Pandora. Yes there is a bit of romance but if your watching it for that your going to be disappointed.
Spoiler:
You watch it for teenage girl super soldiers having bitch fights and killing Aliens. Or at least that's why you read the manga lol.

I'm hoping season 2 focuses less on pantie shots and more on the manga's story Shocked The story is good for god sake. Why the anime studio focuses so much on the ecchi is beyond me.
I see. R+V has the same problem. The manga has some pretty awesome arcs and the story gets more and more serious as the plot progresses but the anime doesn't care about any of that. It just wants more panty shots. I don't think the manga even had that many panty shots. I don't mind if the anime isn't exactly like the manga but if you are going to change it at least put something worthwhile in it's place. Doing mess like this just ruins a good story.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Ecchi = $$$
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Guess I should break down and watch the first season then.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:50 pm

Sporadic wrote:Guess I should break down and watch the first season then.

you will like it, it has boobs, and combat
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:
Sporadic wrote:Guess I should break down and watch the first season then.

you will like it, it has boobs, and combat
but mostly boobs.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:47 am

Sir Maddy wrote:Sometimes in harems the MC will actually like someone, but all the girls get in the way.

Your not wrong and really aside from what everyone has said I honestly think it only has the tag of harem because of Rana though like others have said he cares for Satilizer so really Maddy you don't have to worry about it being a harem and even then I still say you should watch this awesome anime. I believe it deserves a 9 star rating. :) So I hope you'll watch it.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:28 am

The anime is NOT a harem, if it were a harem there would be more than 3 girls in love with (in this case) Kazuya, he's only interested in Satellizer and so does she, but Rana is also interested in him but even so, the anime is NOT harem. That's a good way to convince someone that doesn't like harems at all
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next