JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 9 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 am

Well I'm still saying yes. Look at the pic, then read the comments. Wielding a giant scythe and still gets the kawaii desu seal of approval. And I disagree that it would need to be incorporated into every design. I don't see why that would have to be the case.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 9 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 am

Most of that overall list seemed like things that not everyone wanted to use. But more the preferences of a few. For the record, these were the only things listed I personally agree with.

- She is Kami's sister.
- The baseline concept she will be inspired by is Black Rock Shooter.
- Her primary color scheme will be blue.
- Her hair accessory would be black and hair color would be blue.
- Her skin color won't be quite as pale as the baseline concept.

Edit:
MiniSiets wrote:And I disagree that it would need to be incorporated into every design. I don't see why that would have to be the case.

Then why even suggest a weapon here if it's not going to be an over all feature for the character? Something like that could always be incorporated into a different skin for the character later on down the road.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:28 am

Sporadic wrote:Then why even suggest a weapon here if it's not going to be an over all feature for the character?
So if we give her a visor does that mean she needs to be wearing it when she has her swim suit on, labcoat, or anything else? I don't see why this is so difficult to understand. We can have some poses / costumes where she uses a weapon where appropriate, and some where she doesn't. In the case of the BRS costume, I think it would be best complemented with a weapon. I can't explain it any more simply than that.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:33 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Sporadic wrote:Then why even suggest a weapon here if it's not going to be an over all feature for the character?
So if we give her a visor does that mean she needs to be wearing it when she has her swim suit on, labcoat, or anything else? I don't see why this is so difficult to understand. We can have some poses / costumes where she uses a weapon where appropriate, and some where she doesn't. In the case of the BRS costume, I think it would be best complemented with a weapon. I can't explain it any more simply than that.

i think most of the people here are looking at the main version of whatever our mascot turns out to be, not the alternative versions. I'm also against the weapon thingy on the main version(its a little bit too cheesy IMO), but in the other version i'm cool with it.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 am

bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 am

MiniSiets wrote:

I thought this was about characteristics and features? You have these things categorized in a list along with the rest of her definable features. I don't understand why things like visors, light sabers, scythes and lab coats (tron armor... Rolling Eyes ) and whatever other accessories are being brought up if they're not going to be definable features. Having them in other designs later on is fine but if its like you say and they're only for occasional or alternative uses in other "poses or costumes" than future concepts could be discussed at a later time once the character is actually finished.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 am

Sporadic wrote:Most of that overall list seemed like things that not everyone wanted to use. But more the preferences of a few. For the record, these were the only things listed I personally agree with.

- She is Kami's sister.

Edit:
MiniSiets wrote:And I disagree that it would need to be incorporated into every design. I don't see why that would have to be the case.

Then why even suggest a weapon here if it's not going to be an over all feature for the character? Something like that could always be incorporated into a different skin for the character later on down the road.

Don't forget the visor I don't think anyone has a problem with that. Also that list is basically the same as the bigger one but with less detail (Like that doesn't use any tron inspired stuff at all). Also you cut out the name (Which was always up for debate. I only had it on the list because no one had any better ideas).

The breast thing was debated earlier and a good few people seemed to go for something roughly around the range of what was in the pic. As for the hair I did said maybe we could make it a bit longer. But I think a shorter hair style than Kami would be nice and a few people were agreeing so I was keeping it on my list as an option. It was still up for debate if someone came along that didn't agree. Also didn't you contradict yourself with that part in red? First you say your problem was the list didn't reflect everyone's interests then you say you are giving a list of your own interests.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 am

Sporadic wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

I thought this was about characteristics and features? You have these things categorized in a list along with the rest of her definable features. I don't understand why things like visors, light sabers, scythes and lab coats (tron armor... Rolling Eyes ) and whatever other accessories are being brought up if they're not going to be definable features. Having them in other designs later on is fine but if its like you say and they're only for occasional or alternative uses in other "poses or costumes" than future concepts could be discussed at a later time once the character is actually finished.
Kami's original, default, main design has a visor across her eyes. Her casual attire with a hat does not. Arisu's original, default, main design has a beam saber, her swim suit attire does not. I'm still failing to see the complication here. If you want, because it is a beam saber and can be turned off, the hilt is relatively small and can be attached beside her waist, allowing for plenty of poses without her even necessarily holding / wielding it too.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 am

Wampa wrote:the only gun blade i can think of is FF XIII and that ones design is nothing similar to the ones that were pictured so i think that would be something more unique to use if agreed upon

Squal's (FF8) primary weapon is a gunblade. There is a host of different types shown in that game.

MiniSiets wrote:Kami's original, default, main design has a visor across her eyes. Her casual attire with a hat does not. Arisu's original, default, main design has a beam saber, her swim suit attire does not. I'm still failing to see the complication here. If you want, because it is a beam saber and can be turned off, the hilt is relatively small and can be attached beside her waist, allowing for plenty of poses without her even necessarily holding / wielding it too.

If you did that then you wont really be able to tell if she had one or not. Why over complicate the artwork if you don't show it in all its glory. I prefer the initial artwork in the main page be weapon free welcoming all who come.

Last edited by johnstang2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:55 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

Kami's original, default, main design has a visor across her eyes. Her casual attire with a hat does not. Arisu's original, default, main design has a beam saber, her swim suit attire does not. I'm still failing to see the complication here. If you want, because it is a beam saber and can be turned off, the hilt is relatively small and can be attached beside her waist, allowing for plenty of poses without her even necessarily holding / wielding it too.
That seems like a fine compromise. Also you have a point with the Kami and casual wear thing.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Belsfir Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am

How about not a weapon of offense, like a sword or gun, but how about a shield? Carrying a shield doesn't show aggression and therefore probably won't alienate people. Maybe we could make her hold a shield that can extend out, so that at one state, it could be small, but it can extend outwards and become full sized, to be used in some poses. How about it?
Belsfir
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 am

DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:Most of that overall list seemed like things that not everyone wanted to use. But more the preferences of a few. For the record, these were the only things listed I personally agree with.

- She is Kami's sister.

Edit:

Don't forget the visor I don't think anyone has a problem with that. Also that list is basically the same as the bigger one but with less detail (Like that doesn't use any tron inspired stuff at all). Also you cut out the name (Which was always up for debate. I only had it on the list because no one had any better ideas).

The visor comes off as a cheesy Kami rip off, sorry, just callin it like I see it. And the two lists are hardly the same, my version cuts out a lot of your agonizing details derived from a totally unoriginal BRS or Kami-esque appearance.

Metazoxan wrote:
The breast thing was debated earlier and a good few people seemed to go for something roughly around the range of what was in the pic. As for the hair I did said maybe we could make it a bit longer. But I think a shorter hair style than Kami would be nice and a few people were agreeing so I was keeping it on my list as an option. It was still up for debate if someone came along that didn't agree.

Of course the entire list is debatable. Common sense dictates we're supposed to discuss outlined descriptions other people have suggested, that was all I was doing.

Metazoxan wrote:Also didn't you contradict yourself with that part in red? First you say your problem was the list didn't reflect everyone's interests then you say you are giving a list of your own interests.

That part in the red was just a left over from someone I quoted, guess I forgot to erase the color they added. But like I said, that second list was composed of the only things I agreed with. The rest I've already described as such.

MiniSiets wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

So which is it now? You want these accessories in the main design or some future skin concept? because the comparison you made with Kami's outfit suggests you want them in the main concept now. The beam saber seems like some horrible fixation that you're just dying to incorporate into the design. But, considering a lot of people disagree with using a weapon in her over all design than pandering on about it is kind of irrelevant at this point do ya think?

MiniSiets wrote:I'm still failing to see the complication here

And you appear to be the only one.

MrYoSo901 wrote:i think most of the people here are looking at the main version of whatever our mascot turns out to be, not the alternative versions. I'm also against the weapon thingy on the main version(its a little bit too cheesy IMO), but in the other version i'm cool with it.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 am

I know I'm still a newcomer here but maybe we should outline what exactly the default look includes, then discuss it. It seems to me we need to take a step back and get to the same starting point. I don't want to seem mean, but it just seems to me we've strayed from a discussion to a argument.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

Akira wrote:I know I'm still a newcomer here but maybe we should outline what exactly the default look includes, then discuss it. It seems to me we need to take a step back and get to the same starting point. I don't want to seem mean, but it just seems to me we've strayed from a discussion to a argument.

And it seems we are arguing about a weapon choice most of us don't want in the main design.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 am

The thread is about the mascots physical appearance so what do we want to convey to the artist to help them create the new mascot?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 am

johnstang2 wrote:If you did that then you wont really be able to tell if she had one or not. Why over complicate the artwork if you do show it in all its glory. I prefer the initial artwork in the main page be weapon free welcoming all who come.
The point being that you can have additional poses even in the BRS costume without necessarily having her saber out. However I still think the main pose should have it because I'd like to see it on the main site somewhere rather than just relegated to some obscure location where no one will even see it, but again, I'd like to stress that all of this is just my opinion, and obviously if the community disagrees then fine I'll let it go, but I really think we should hold a vote on several complete concepts rather than just constantly quibbling over details and eventually arriving at a half-baked concept that barely includes any features because no one can agree. If someone wants to suggest a similar concept just minus a weapon that's fine by me. So long as we at least have a chance to vote on it and settle it fairly, because it seems like this is going downhill if we continue much more this way.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 am

Concensus
Female
78cc bust
Blue themed

Needs Clarification or Vote
BRS (does this include short shorts? may not be acceptable for school)
Tron-like jumpsuit
Hair length (colored tips suggested)
Visor
Weapon
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 am

Sporadic wrote:
The visor comes off as a cheesy Kami rip off, sorry, just callin it like I see it. And the two lists are hardly the same, my version cuts out a lot of your agonizing details derived from a totally unoriginal BRS or Kami-esque appearance.

well IMO the mascot needs to have a connection to Kami (besides background info). I liked the visor on Kami so it seems like a good thing to carry over. The new mascots Visor can look different from Kami's but I still say we should have it. Everyone else seems to either like the visor or not have a problem with it. Also for the BRS thing from the start that was just the base idea as in (maybe something like this). It seemed like a decent thing to work a design off of (PLus you left the BRS detail in your list). Also they were not agonizing details because the heir length and breast size were just general ball parks. As in maybe a little more or maybe a little less but something like this might be good. It is all still being debated of course but at the time I made that list everyone currently discussing seemed to be agreeing on it.

It just feels like your imposing your own opinion and denying any other.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 am

what is wrong with just a normal looking mysterious female. XD

this debate is never going to reach a consensus
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

well IMO the mascot needs to have a connection to Kami (besides background info). I liked the visor on Kami so it seems like a good thing to carry over. The new mascots Visor can look different from Kami's but I still say we should have it. Everyone else seems to either like the visor or not have a problem with it. Also for the BRS thing from the start that was just the base idea as in (maybe something like this). It seemed like a decent thing to work a design off of (PLus you left the BRS detail in your list). Also they were not agonizing details because the heir length and breast size were just general ball parks. As in maybe a little more or maybe a little less but something like this might be good. It is all still being debated of course but at the time I made that list everyone currently discussing seemed to be agreeing on it.

Plus if Arisu is Kami's sister then wont she have a visor too?
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:24 am

MiniSiets wrote:
johnstang2 wrote:If you did that then you wont really be able to tell if she had one or not. Why over complicate the artwork if you do show it in all its glory. I prefer the initial artwork in the main page be weapon free welcoming all who come.
The point being that you can have additional poses even in the BRS costume without necessarily having her saber out. However I still think the main pose should have it because I'd like to see it on the main site somewhere rather than just relegated to some obscure location where no one will even see it, but again, I'd like to stress that all of this is just my opinion, and obviously if the community disagrees then fine I'll let it go, but I really think we should hold a vote on several complete concepts rather than just constantly quibbling over details and eventually arriving at a half-baked concept that barely includes any features because no one can agree. If someone wants to suggest a similar concept just minus a weapon that's fine by me. So long as we at least have a chance to vote on it and settle it fairly, because it seems like this is going downhill if we continue much more this way.

More alternative design pandering when the discussion at hand is the main appearance. If all you're complaining about is using it in an alternative appearance we get it. Your opinion is duly noted for future concepts.

I also like how once someone disagreed with your ideas it became "quibbling" lol. People aren't always gonna agree with you, get used to it.

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

I already said before the BRS outline is fine. The character design. You're trying to take on her clothing ( mixed with tron?? ) and it was previously mentioned the reasoning behind the weapon was because BRS had one. Too many similarities makes it unoriginal. So far your look for the new mascot is a jumbled mixture of other anime characters which doesn't give off any sort of originality.

johnstang2 wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Plus if Arisu is Kami's sister then wont she have a visor too?

She doesn't HAVE to have a visor. That's seemingly too Kami-esque. I was hoping for a original design which didn't include any of Kami's features. And what's up with that name? Hopefully we have a vote on it because Arisu sounds bad.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:30 am

Sporadic wrote:More alternative design pandering when the discussion at hand is the main appearance. If all you're complaining about is using it in an alternative appearance we get it. Your opinion is duly noted for future concepts.
I want the weapon in the main design as I've always said. You are changing your words on me here, Spor. You originally said that if we include a weapon it would need to be incorporated in all her designs. That is the phrasing you used. You never made any distinctions about a main design versus future concepts at the time of my response, so I assumed you were suggesting that if we go with a weapon, she would have to use it in every pose / future design no matter what. I was merely pointing out that this is not the case.

Last edited by MiniSiets on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am

Ok back to topic. BRS--what about this theme would we use? We've already been told that Kami's open midruff was not appropriate for school on tshirts. She will need to have closed jacket. What type of bottoms? Are short shorts too revealing for school also? Are we all in concensus on boots?
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 9 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 am

bedheadred wrote:Ok back to topic. BRS--what about this theme would we use? We've already been told that Kami's open midruff was not appropriate for school on tshirts. She will need to have closed jacket. What type of bottoms? Are short shorts too revealing for school also? Are we all in concensus on boots?

I think it was more or less the look or color scheme of the clothes more specifically the jacket that people liked.

Last edited by Akira on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next