JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Hatless wrote:i just think a saber is a bit cliched and overused.
come to think of it you're right. If we must give her a weapon it should be something more interesting than a beam saber. I mean are we making a mascot or a jedi?
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:- Her name is Arisu.
- She is Kami's sister.
- The baseline concept will be inspired by is Black Rock Shooter.
- Her primary color scheme will be blue.
- She will have breasts something like this.
- She will have a shorter hair style like this.
- Her hair accessory would be black and hair color would be blue.
- She will have a visor across her eyes in homage to Kami.
- Her skin color won't be quite as pale as the baseline concept.
- Her overall clothing style would be a cross between BRS and Tron(newer jumpsuit designs), with a black outfit closely resembling the BRS artwork above but with Tron-like designs across it.
-She will have a Chibi Kami Key chain

She will NOT:
- Have massively oversized boobs.
- Make you a sandwich (deal with it).

Things I still want to discuss
-Does anyone like the idea of adding a little purple to the hair kinds like this but without the pink. Also since we seem to be going for a short hair style only a small bit of her hair would end up being purple.
-While her outfit might be BRS like besides adding just those lines maybe we should ask Kaizeru to add some dark shades of blue in whatever design he feels like. The lines just don't seem like they will be enough but the old tron look is too much tech. So just have Kaizeru add some more to the outfit himself.
-Alternative to Kami Keychain.

Most of this is bad, oh sooo bad.
Shut up Spor no one asked you!

Spoiler:

Not like your opinion is even considered.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 am

MiniSiets wrote:
How is it overused in anime? Gundam is like the only franchise I've seen that has them, and that's only for mobile suits. I've never even seen an anime where characters wield beam sabers.

Well there you go right there. Gundam is a massive franchise so anything cliche in gundam is pretty cliche is general. Also swords in general are pretty cliche and making is a beam saber doesn't really make it any less cliche.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 am

Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:
How is it overused in anime? Gundam is like the only franchise I've seen that has them, and that's only for mobile suits. I've never even seen an anime where characters wield beam sabers.

Well there you go right there. Gundam is a massive franchise so anything cliche in gundam is pretty cliche is general. Also swords in general are pretty cliche and making is a beam saber doesn't really make it any less cliche.
If gundam is the only example you can name and the characters don't even wield beam sabers, that hardly constitutes as "overused".
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 am

Sporadic wrote:
Not like your opinion is even considered.

Okay now you're being an ass. You started this discussion so don't you start dissing it now. You can say "The staff will have the final say in the mascots design" but that certainly isn't you decision to make alone and that certainly doesn't give you the right to treat the list of ideas we have managed to build up like they suck! JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!

You may have more authority especially right now but your opinion is no better than ours. So don't go starting topics asking for ideas then saying those ideas suck and that people's opinions didn't matter in the first place!
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

If gundam is the only example you can name and the characters don't even wield beam sabers, that hardly constitutes as "overused".

Well starwars for one. Tenchi Muyo is another actually pretty much most space themed shows used them (I think Outlaw star had them to but I can't be completely sure).
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 am

Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

Well starwars for one. Tenchi Muyo is another actually pretty much most space themed shows used them (I think Outlaw star had them to but I can't be completely sure).
Star Wars is not anime. I think I can only vaguely remember a few scenes involving beam sabers in Tenchi; again hardly overused. I also don't recall any beam sabers in Outlaw Star. Either way I don't really care. It's a sci-fi theme, so the weapon fits the theme. There are a lot more weapons in anime that could be called "cliche" or "overused" long before you get to beam sabers.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

Star Wars is not anime. I think I can only vaguely remember a few scenes involving beam sabers in Tenchi; again hardly overused. I also don't recall any beam sabers in Outlaw Star either. Either way I don't really care. It's a sci-fi theme, so the weapon fits the theme. There are a lot more weapons in anime that could be called "cliche" or "overused" long before you get to beam sabers.

a sword of some type being one of the overused ones?
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 am

MiniSiets wrote:

so like this?
Spoiler:

Also in the great words of Hellsing Abridged, "Give that bitch a cannon, bitches love cannons"
Spoiler:
But really, she should have a gun instead of a sword
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

Star Wars is not anime. I think I can only vaguely remember a few scenes involving beam sabers in Tenchi; again hardly overused. I also don't recall any beam sabers in Outlaw Star either. Either way I don't really care. It's a sci-fi theme, so the weapon fits the theme. There are a lot more weapons in anime that could be called "cliche" or "overused" long before you get to beam sabers.

Starwars is still a well known thing. When talking about Cliche things it doesn't just mean things within anime. Also I know beam sabers have been used before I just can't remember the exact name of the show. Beam sabers are mostly used in Sci fi heavy shows and in space shows especially and I haven't seen one like that in quite a long time. But the other thing is swords in general are pretty cliche.

Look I'm just saying maybe we should think about alternate weapons. If you really want a saber maybe try for a special kind besides the basic blade. If we absolutely have to go with a weapon (It seems like I'm starting to get outnumbered with the "No weapon" thing) then it should at least be a really unique one.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 am

well obviously the weapon should be unique to her and her alone.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 am

Severus wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:

so like this?
Spoiler:

Also in the great words of Hellsing Abridged, "Give that bitch a cannon, bitches love cannons"
Spoiler:
But really, she should have a gun instead of a sword

What if we just gave her a freaking gatling gun like this?

Skip to 0:25

This is probably a bad idea but it would be kinda awesome!

Last edited by Metazoxan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:42 am

Technically, Sabers can be anything with a handle and a blade edge also involving swinging motions with using said handle.

Beam sabers are in no way cliche at all. They are hardly every used in anime, or movies for that matter.
If you want, we can give that bitch an energy sword. Bitches love energy swords.
How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 TS-ENERGY1B_540
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:48 am

Valvatorez wrote:
Technically, Sabers can be anything with a handle and a blade edge also involving swinging motions with using said handle.

Beam sabers are in no way cliche at all. They are hardly every used in anime, or movies for that matter.
If you want, we can give that bitch an energy sword. Bitches love energy swords.

I was thinking what if we just went with a gun blade? It's a gun and it is a blade. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO ASK! Also Gattling guns are awesome (Like I mentioned before) so what if we went with something like this
Spoiler:
or this
Spoiler:

Doesn't that look awesome? and one of those is fan art so this idea hasn't been used much.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am

Metazoxan wrote:

I was thinking what if we just went with a gun blade? It's a gun and it is a blade. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED TO ASK! Also Gattling guns are awesome (Like I mentioned before) so what if we went with something like this
Spoiler:
or this
Spoiler:

Doesn't that look awesome? and one of those is fan art so this idea hasn't been used much.

hmm that would defiantly be more unique.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 am

the only gun blade i can think of is FF XIII and that ones design is nothing similar to the ones that were pictured so i think that would be something more unique to use if agreed upon
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:55 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Spoiler:
or this
Spoiler:

But it has been done in many games as well!
Like with Nagisa from PSP2: Infinity!

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 Nagisa-sword

Last edited by Valvatorez on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 am

Saw a weapon yall might like to make a variant of, a mix of a gun and blade/scythe, might go along with our little BRS theme, and even if ya don't like least you get a heads up about a cool series coming out! skip to 1:00 for the fight and weapon
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 am

Valvatorez wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Spoiler:
or this
Spoiler:

But it has been done in many games as well!
Like with Nagisa from PSP2: Infinity!

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 Nagisa-sword
That is a bit different. That is a normal gun/sword. The one I'm talking about is an energy sword/gattling gun. The barrels can be focused together to create a massive energy blade or could be used to rapid fire shots. The on in your pic has a blade with a gun mixed with it. It is still awesome but less unique.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 am

Besides me (because I'm an honorary male)...
If you give her a weapon, you are going to alienate 80% of the female crowd.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:05 am

bedheadred wrote:Besides me (because I'm an honorary male)...

Love tap hammer?
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 am

That's why I think if a weapon is going to be involved it should be on certain skins. Have one design, like Kami had so many outfits, with a weapon. It shouldn't be a definable feature for her over all look.

Last edited by Sporadic on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

Sporadic wrote:

That why I think if a weapon is going to be involved it should be on certain skins. Have one design, like Kami had so many outfits, with a weapon. If shouldn't be a definable feature.

if what red said is true, then i defiantly agree with Spor
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

So maybe doing a poll for the weapon thing would be a good idea after all. Unless we can get enough people to say yes or no here.

EDIT: well we just got three no votes and all from staff members.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 am

Having her branded with a weapon also means incorporating it into every design with her. That that will quickly become stale.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 8 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:10 am

I wouldn't want the weapon to be more prominent that the mascot, so yeah it shouldn't be a defining feature. Just my thoughts.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next