JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site!

+18
BK-201
MiniSiets
Blazer
Wampa
Nyako~Mayushii
DemonEyesJoe
Noesis
Metazoxan
Tomoyo's Angel
Sporadic
bedheadred
Natsuru-san
Severus
Hatless
Shogun13
Valvatorez
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site! - Page 2 Empty Re: What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site!

Post by Hatless Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:22 am

Minisiets she doesnt need a weapon ><

also since when has your name had a third "i" in it?
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site! - Page 2 Empty Re: What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site!

Post by MiniSiets Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 am

Hatless wrote:Minisiets she doesnt need a weapon ><
YES SHE DOES DAMMIT.
What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site! - Page 2 1737f6109863c503e7f415ef791d34eb123

Spoiler:

also since when has your name had a third "i" in it?
Since always.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 am

What if she looked something like this (I don't know if or what anime she is from - I'd like to know though):

What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site! - Page 2 Guns-gloves-ecchi-skirts-long-hair-_zps2776a706

Last edited by BK-201 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 am

What I think Kami's Sister will look like in the new site! - Page 2 D03
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 am

See, Karma and BK understand me. Except add another pistol to that pink-haired chick and we'll be good. Dual wielding pistols always looks sexier. ^^

Also silencers. Gotta have those too. WITH GRENADE LAUNCHER ATTACHMENT. SHUT UP IT'S PRACTICAL. Suzuha approves, you should too. Very Happy
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:30 am

Great minds think alike!
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm

First off she shouldn't have weapons. Did Kami? NO! Second off I'd REALLY rather someone ask Noey if we can still use Kami as our mascot. I know the chances are extremly and very slim but it's better to at least try then to just give up without trying. Finally if we do have to have a new mascot then I say we get whoever designed Kami to design us the new mascot. It's as simple as that and I also say we shouldn't tell the artist to make the new mascot in this way or that way or have this or that or not have this or that etc. except that we'd like one that looks similer to Kami and also one (just incase) that doesn't look like Kami.

Look I won't lie, JD is now gone and it sucks big time. I may have only been there for a month and a half (on the forums) but even still JD really has left an impression in my heart and Kami as well and I'd much rather have Kami as our mascot then someone else. So Red if your able to since it sounded like you were able to could you please ask Noey if we can use Kami as our mascot still? Even if he agrees to something very strictive I still think it's better than not having Kami as our mascot anymore. This is also way better than havng a new mascot that looks similer to Kami so if at all possible I say Kami as our mascot. Maybe if all signed a petition showing how much we want Kami to stay it'll help convience Noey? Anyone with me? If so a thread for it is nessasary and I think a mod should be the one to creat that thread. *Cough*Red*Cough*
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Honestly, let's just make a new character.

Community poll on what she wants look like as well.

After that poll, we can submit it to the person who made Kami. I am sure she asks for money for commissions, so I guess it would be up to money in the end. I say we start fresh and just use the community to decide our mascot, since we dont want something that would just turn people away.

Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Hhhmmmm.....IDK about weapons....but I think a new mascot is appropriate. Kami is still Noey's and since he is no longer with us, it is just fitting to get a new one.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am

Valvatorez wrote:
bedheadred wrote:I think her name should be Rin >.>

Nah, Fred sounds better.
Also, I agree with Spor, this is what I said in Skype.

[4:46:16 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: lol
[4:46:20 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: Sure
[4:46:26 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: but I say we make a whole new layout
[4:46:35 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: instead of using a copy layout of Kami
[4:46:42 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: and have someone just do a simple line art

[4:46:45 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: then go from there
[4:46:58 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: We have someone make a few linearts with different poses
[4:47:13 PM] Karma: The Legendary Boomerang | Nic: and we give it to the community and they can color/style it/etc. with it in whatever way they want

[4:47:18 PM] MacMeaties: big boobs. just saying.

And from that, we can do whatever we wish from there.

I agree, with this idea, we can get a new mascot, that wont upset anyone, and when people in the forum can invest their time into it, it becomes more valuable. I liked Kami too, but I do think it is a good idea too do something like this, because it is another step toward rebuilding a place where we can all watch anime, and talk. It shouldn't be a carbon copy of Kami, but it it looks a little similar, I don't think anyone would complain.
Kaleb_K
Kaleb_K
Gillian

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by psionx Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 am

since kami is suppost to be the new mascots sister it wouldn't be right if she didn't look similar. so crazy potato's design should be fine. since alot of anime characters look similar any way. that said few more tweaks wouldn't hurt ether.

as for her name I think Akane fits her.

psionx
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:47 am

Natsuru-san wrote:First off she shouldn't have weapons. Did Kami? NO!
So? This is a different character. Therefore she can have different characteristics. Plus Kaizeru (author of Kami) has done character designs with weapons before. I don't see the problem. :/ But that being said, I agree with Karma that it should be a community decision. I wouldn't want to force my personal tastes on everyone else if no one agrees with them, so I believe this situation calls for some polls.

Second off I'd REALLY rather someone ask Noey if we can still use Kami as our mascot.
I'm OK with this too. Chances are slim but it doesn't hurt to at least try. However I think a petition would be a waste of time. If Noey says no then he says no and that's the end of it.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 am

Maybe commissioning the girl who made Kami to make another mascot for us would be more ideal. The idea for this is fine and everything but its obviously just Kami with red hair. In my opinion Kami is something we should leave in the past where it belongs.

However if Noey would agree to us continuing to use Kami I wouldn't have a problem with that either. He should cough up her render pack if he chooses that though.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:07 am

Sporadic wrote:Maybe commissioning the girl who made Kami to make another mascot for us would be more ideal.
Well that is what I'd like to do, but also holding a vote on some general characteristics we'd like her to have before commissioning her to be made by Kaizeru.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:27 am

Of course. I went ahead and started a thread asking peoples opinions.

http://justdubsrefuge.omgforum.net/t263-how-would-you-design-our-mascot
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:27 pm

She looks awesome! Hopefully Kami will return.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 am

Natsuru-san wrote:Finally if we do have to have a new mascot then I say we get whoever designed Kami to design us the new mascot. It's as simple as that and I also say we shouldn't tell the artist to make the new mascot in this way or that way or have this or that or not have this or that etc. except that we'd like one that looks similer to Kami and also one (just incase) that doesn't look like Kami.

Finally found someone who understands true artistry. I been trying to say this from the beginning but my Point got muddled in the growing debate on what they new mascot should look like. When an artist creative freedom gets taken from them they very often produce junk that no one really wants. We should go to the artist not with EXACTING details but with a very broad outline on what we want. Let his creative juices run free and you wont be disappointed with the result. Restrict and live with the consequences.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2