JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Advertising

+11
DemonEyesJoe
joshier
Noobs
Phi
Hatless
Natsuru-san
Valvatorez
johnstang2
Autum D. Macabre
Deathfire123
Sporadic
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Site Advertising Empty Site Advertising

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:47 am

Since I've had to deal with this a few times now I felt the need to make a post addressing the issue.

Please avoid doing either of the following when you post on this forum.

1. Asking, "Where can I watch 'Random Anime'." Or "Where can I find some good dubbed sites now that JD is gone?"

Or

2. Posting links redirecting people to other sites.

Doing so will get your post deleted by a moderator immediately. Further violations will include more severe infractions such as warnings or temporary bans.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Site Advertising Empty Re: Site Advertising

Post by Deathfire123 Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:26 pm

So are my ISML links no good? I'm only using them cuz thats where I put the Key poll
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Those are fine. This mainly pertains to people linking to alternative dub sites.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Autum D. Macabre Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm wonder why there is an issue with linking to other dubs, you admins are trying to rebuild JD so people can watch dubbed anime, why can't others help people watch them somewhere else in the mean time? I'm not trying to be an ass I'm honestly just curious
Autum D. Macabre
Autum D. Macabre
Academy Student

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:22 pm

I can see the admins point of view somewhat. But I can also see the other point of view as well.

Once the site is rebuilt (the one outside the forums) then all these re-directional links will be a problem.

However the admin have to realize that at the current time the new dubs site is not in operation and according to last reports I saw it will take up to a year to get one up and running.

The admins cannot believe we will do without for a year can they?

While I do see we cannot condone any open linking for the general discussion to see, Can we find some compromise here?

johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Autum D. Macabre wrote:I'm wonder why there is an issue with linking to other dubs, you admins are trying to rebuild JD so people can watch dubbed anime, why can't others help people watch them somewhere else in the mean time? I'm not trying to be an ass I'm honestly just curious

They're free to watch whatever they want. But we are not google. If you want another anime site to use in the mean time you should google it.

johnstang2 wrote:However the admin have to realize that at the current time the new dubs site is not in operation and according to last reports I saw it will take up to a year to get one up and running.

Where did you hear this from? You shouldn't take any info about us as factual unless you hear if directly from a staff member here.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Sporadic wrote:
johnstang2 wrote:However the admin have to realize that at the current time the new dubs site is not in operation and according to last reports I saw it will take up to a year to get one up and running.

Where did you hear this from? You shouldn't take any info about us as factual unless you hear if directly from a staff member here.

It was posted in the other forum (the one was exodus from). I tried to go back and ck it but ahem that site is no more Sad . But I could have sworn it was from a reliable source but oh well. I will concur with you on that point.

However google is such a not good source for information now for they will delete links to such sites as they are in violation of copyright law. The best source would be from other people in the community. Would you not agree?
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm

johnstang2 wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

It was posted in the other forum (the one was exodus from). I tried to go back and ck it but ahem that site is no more Sad . But I could have sworn it was from a reliable source but oh well. I will concur with you on that point.

However google is such a not good source for information now for they will delete links to such sites as they are in violation of copyright law. The best source would be from other people in the community. Would you not agree?

Google still works. Just type in the anime you want and the type you want it. It's simple. There is also the downloading option. A normal 12 episode anime is around 4 gb. 24-5, I think is either aroiund 20gb if it's HD, and less if it's just 720 or something. I forget. Just try out different ways in google.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:55 pm

For anyone who actually reads the terms of agreements that we ALL had to agree to when we signed up here, we're not supposed to post links to places like that. It's against the terms of service which if I'm not mistaken since this is a free forum that means we're having to agree to a company's terms of agreements. Actually we're already in certain cases breaking those terms.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 pm

I want to make this perfectly clear up front. I have not done any of the sort (requested or posted links). I was not about to do anything of the sort either.

All I was doing was pointing out different point of view which I am now dropping.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 am

Just want to check... but this doesnt apply to subbed anime sites does it?
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:56 am

This applies to all sites.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:00 am

Just needed some clarification. Say if I'm writing a bit of news, am I allowed to give a link to the source?
Phi
Phi

Male Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:46 am

Sorry I should have specified. No links to exterior anime streaming sites, dub or sub. I personally thought keeping everything the same will work out for us.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 am

i noticed that some words of my posts turns into a link. is it just me?
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 am

Post by Noobs Today at 3:05 am
i noticed that some words of my posts turns into a link. is it just me?

I think you are noticing male-ware advertisements.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:42 am

Noobs wrote:i noticed that some words of my posts turns into a link. is it just me?

You probably picked up malware or one of those annoying toolbars that do random shit.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:48 am

Sporadic wrote:
Noobs wrote:i noticed that some words of my posts turns into a link. is it just me?

You probably picked up malware or one of those annoying toolbars that do random shit.

*shocked* now i have an infected pc. maybe ill start thinking on leaving this forums.
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Noobs wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

*shocked* now i have an infected pc. maybe ill start thinking on leaving this forums.

It's not the forum. Its the lack of protection you have on your PC.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Noobs wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

If you are using google chrome, go on to extensions and you may have an advertising extension installed...

If you are not on chrome, check the equivalent

joshier
joshier
Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:31 pm

I just noticed something in another thread that directly violates the theme of this thread and was not picked up on.

In the apology thread from the fake ... ahem ... lets just call them fakers. Anyways the signature of that letter ****####.$$ is in fact a link to their site. Its is not hard to go their site by highlighting it and right click and choose open link in a new tab. You even closed the thread up so you can't correct it easily. So in fact you left a link up to those fakers site.

I am sorry for the negativity of this post and I do wish them well. I just thought you might like to know of this clear violation you did not catch.

Last edited by johnstang2 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 pm

johnstang2 wrote:I just noticed something in another thread that directly violates the theme of this thread and was not picked up on.

In the apology thread from the fake ... ahem ... lets just call them fakers. Anyways the signature of that letter ****####.$$ is in fact a link to their site. Its is not hard to go their site by highlighting it and right click and choose open link in a new tab. You even closed the thread up so you can't correct it easily. So in fact you left a link up to those fakers site.

I am sorry for the negativity of this post and I do wish them well. I just thought you might like to know of this clear violation you did not catch.

OK I see that someone corrected it.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Noobs wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

It's not the forum. Its the lack of protection you have on your PC.

Hey now I warned you Spor that when I first came here to check it out and again while signing up my antivirus said it blocked Malware and so yeah it may very well be this site where he got it from. It hasn't happened since then though but still this is something ya'll should avoid happening on the perm forum. Even I was hisitent to stay here when I noticed that and had it continued I would have had to leave until the new home was made. So I'd look into that to be safe seeing as I think there is or once was Malware here.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 pm

If you get malware from a forum, and everyone else is still fine, then it is just you.
Just a food for thought, since I am sure a great majority of us have somewhat decent protection, and for those who don't well, get it. I only had a malware warning twice when on JD, and that was because there was an error goin on in my settings.

And, if there is by chance you did get malware from JD, then it could just be someone's signature for example.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 am

Well I noticed it and the ads too. They were getting ridiculous. I don't anymore since I installed the Adblock Plus add-on. This add-on is amazing. It is even blocking the very annoying pop up ads that happens everytime I his a putlocker.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum