JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin

+11
higurashi_conan
LunarLexal
Bato
Jayvon
Ovyda
Valvatorez
Kusanagi
Keiichi Morisato
Sir Maddy
Natsu Dragneel
Supernatural Knight
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin   Empty New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:31 am

Shingeki no Kyoujin

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin   47347

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

Well this episode has been out for a while now so let the discuss begin.

It was a decent ep, mostly nothing but to introduce the living situation and the complacent attitudes of the people. That titan larger than 50 metres tall is no joke.
This still looks like it is going to be really interesting, I can't wait to see more, I want it to be this day next week already damn it.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin   Empty Re: New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 am

I already know what will happen in the anime, I've already read 15 chapters of the manga and all. The animation was awesome, never seen that animation before, the opening was epic and the characters were A-Ok as well, let's see what happens in the next few episodes
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin   Empty Re: New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin

Post by Sir Maddy Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:22 am

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin   Tumblr_m56k02f1t81rqfhi2o1_250

That ending scene.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 am

Attack on Titan Anime to Run for Half a Year
posted on 2013-04-07 01:05 EDT
Anime scriptwriter Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Durarara!!, Kuroko's Basketball) revealed after the first Attack on Titan episode aired on Saturday that he personally wrote episodes 8, 12, 13, 19, 21, and 22 — thus revealing indirectly that the weekly anime will last at least half a year or two cours (kūru).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-07/attack-on-titan-anime-to-run-for-half-a-year
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:49 am

^I knew that would happen
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:52 am

That was hardcore. I was pretty unnerved from the end of that episode. And for some reason Mikasa makes me laugh.

I don't usually join currently airing anime discussions. But if you guys ruin my day and make any sort of manga spoiler, even a slight hint or mention of anything that will happen in the future, I'll actually start doing my job as a moderator. I really don't like spoilers, almost as much as Fletcher. The best approach with spoilers is to simply ignore anything that requires mentioning future content. Don't even deny incorrect speculation.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:02 am

^ Fair enough, but don't worry Kusa, it is basically an unwritten rule that ANY manga discussion is to be done in spoiler tags ONLY. Actually the only other series spoken about like that was SAO which everyone followed the rule by only posting in spoiler tags.
So anything about the anime is fine to openly discuss in this thread, while anything that is from alternative means is always in spoilers, I hope everyone continues to follow this general rule.

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Attack on Titan Anime to Run for Half a Year
posted on 2013-04-07 01:05 EDT
Anime scriptwriter Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Durarara!!, Kuroko's Basketball) revealed after the first Attack on Titan episode aired on Saturday that he personally wrote episodes 8, 12, 13, 19, 21, and 22 — thus revealing indirectly that the weekly anime will last at least half a year or two cours (kūru).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-07/attack-on-titan-anime-to-run-for-half-a-year

I knew this was coming, I mean a show like this just can't be concluded in 12-13 eps. I suppose that kills all guesses that this is only going to be 13 eps so this will be a longer activity.

About the end of the ep, is it bad that it didn't unnerve me? I just found it awesome to watch and somewhat intense sure but otherwise I didn't even flinch while watching it. But I guess we all knew it was coming when we read the bio before deciding whether or not we would watch it.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:53 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:^ Fair enough, but don't worry Kusa, it is basically an unwritten rule that ANY manga discussion is to be done in spoiler tags ONLY. Actually the only other series spoken about like that was SAO which everyone followed the rule by only posting in spoiler tags.
So anything about the anime is fine to openly discuss in this thread, while anything that is from alternative means is always in spoilers, I hope everyone continues to follow this general rule.

Even some stuff outside of spoiler tags in the SAO thread irritated me. Mentions of ANY sort of future content annoy me. People would avoid to try to say a specific happening in the anime or they'd say something that wouldn't happen, but this would still reveal information. For example, they'd casually hint that the Aincrad arc wasn't the entire anime or "this part of the story will cover that issue" or something. That would entirely change how I speculate or think about the anime. SAO in particular wasn't a problem since I read the source material, but it still bugs me. I surfed the Magi discussion thread and picked out something I would consider to be a spoiler if I hadn't read the manga already:

"Yeah MorXAlibaba gets hinted at for a while but never stated to the point that you can be sure it will happen. At least not to the point the manga is at."

And I'd like to point out that the fact that it's not my intention to call anyone out specifically. I just picked a random example.

Supernatural Knight wrote:About the end of the ep, is it bad that it didn't unnerve me? I just found it awesome to watch and somewhat intense sure but otherwise I didn't even flinch while watching it. But I guess we all knew it was coming when we read the bio before deciding whether or not we would watch it.

It's not bad. The only reasons it unnerved me was because I didn't read the synopsis and because I tried to imagine if I was in that position with my own mother or grandmother in that position. It also didn't help that I watched Kotoura-san right before that, which had some mother-child bonding moment.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:29 am

Ah I see, yeah that SAO part was a spoiler which did slightly irritate me since I had no idea, but no more so than the show actually leaving the origin of its name. Surely it could have been labelled as a 2nd season and renamed.
As for Magi I guess I see that, however it is kind of hinted at in the anime and this is coming from someone that hates romance aspects and therefore tries to ignore them.
I'm not sure how many people are actually reading it, but everyone who is you've been warned not a word that could be seen as a spoiler from the manga outside of spoiler tags okay. This may only apply to Natsu but it is worth mentioning regardless.

You didn't read the synopsis, I have to read that before hand so I knew it was going to happen although until Eren got home I wasn't sure whether or not it was going to be a flashback.
I never try to associate anime with real life scenarios, but I guess that is just because I like the violent series so it would be kind of bad to picture people I know in those types of situations.
After Kotoura san I'm glad they removed the mother from this series early, that one really annoyed me with what they did.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 am

This animation reminded me of Btooom! a bit now that I look at it.
And yeah, that was some hardcore stuff right there, giant naked giants eating people, trying to get over a wall.
Anyone else think that they look like what people who /supposedly/ watch anime look like, with the hair and facial expression I mean.

The OST was also really good, especially the opening scene and the OP. I swear I got rock hard after listening to it.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:44 am

OK. My first thought was "WOW", my 2nd thought "OMG" and the last thought "Why would they be afraid of Mikasa?". Is she like Morgiana, I mean she's strong but doesn't look like so from the first sight?

The story is unique, the animation is unique, they weren't afraid of showing how his mother gets eaten. How can I not love this show? As expected, the best one of this season.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:01 pm

This anime is amazing only the first episode just aired and it's already ranked #43 on MAL. Also those titans look fucking creepy they all looked like they escaped from an asylum.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Ovyda wrote:OK. My first thought was "WOW", my 2nd thought "OMG" and the last thought "Why would they be afraid of Mikasa?". Is she like Morgiana, I mean she's strong but doesn't look like so from the first sight?

The story is unique, the animation is unique, they weren't afraid of showing how his mother gets eaten. How can I not love this show? As expected, the best one of this season.

Oh shit.... if she has the strength of a Finalis...... R.I.P Titans.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 pm

I could explain a little about Mikasa, but that would just give spoilers and I never liked giving spoilers
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:I could explain a little about Mikasa, but that would just give spoilers and I never liked giving spoilers

There's no need. I can wait to see it myself.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Natsu Dragneel wrote:I could explain a little about Mikasa, but that would just give spoilers and I never liked giving spoilers

There's no need. I can wait to see it myself.
I see, then my lips are sealed then
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:I see, then my lips are sealed then
Good man. But simply saying this,

is a bit borderline for me since it reveals that there is actually something up with Mikasa that's notable. I was just thinking that Mikasa was a pretty strong child or something, but it wasn't notable since it was just children being afraid of her. That's how anal I am with possible spoilers.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Im with you Kusa. I really freaking hate spoilers or anything that gets close to it.

Anyways, YR%$$^Y%$#E$#W$EDRYDEW$T#RWEDTYEF$^FYDREFDRT%$SWERSETRTEDRXWSEXZAWRESSXAFEAWEDSZFT$EDSRSDRXTSEVUYKTGVKBG VNCVBHG VFTYDCXEHTXDHDMFKTYVFDJGSHEXSGRXECHGFJHDVXFGSZX << my reaction during and after this ep Very Happy

How much awesomeness can you put in 23 minutes? This is definitely the best show for me this season and also the best show i've seen in a long long time.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 pm

I had a feeling the anime would have more than 12-13 episodes, every chapter of the manga has about 40 pages and the manga has 40 chapters.

I said it once and I'll say it again: the opening of the anime was AWESOME and EPIC!!!!
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 pm

The OP is composed by (or at least includes the work of) Revo, who did the music for the recent popular Japanese RPG Bravely Default. The feel of the game is different than Attack on Titan, which is reflected in the music, but there are reoccurring trends and instruments in the music. Check some tracks out on YouTube or something.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Kusanagi wrote:That was hardcore. I was pretty unnerved from the end of that episode. And for some reason Mikasa makes me laugh.

Mikasa also made me laugh, at the scene where she's running behind him. Also those punks who seemed serious until Elen showed up. Then they seemed like retards. Am I the only one who thought that?

As for the end scene, I knew that she was going to get eaten as soon as Elen said that his house was over there. And yet, even when I knew what was going to come, my eyes were glued to the screen. This anime is so intense.

Also, I wonder were the Red titan came from. (And where it disappeared to, as well.)

Valvatorez wrote:
This animation reminded me of Btooom! a bit now that I look at it.
And yeah, that was some hardcore stuff right there, giant naked giants eating people, trying to get over a wall.
Anyone else think that they look like what people who /supposedly/ watch anime look like, with the hair and facial expression I mean.

The OST was also really good, especially the opening scene and the OP. I swear I got rock hard after listening to it.

I was wondering why the animation style seemed familiar.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 pm

His name is Eren and punks weren't scared of Eren, they got scared of Mikasa.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Ovyda wrote:His name is Eren and punks weren't scared of Eren, they got scared of Mikasa.

Eren? my bad.
What I meant by retards was the whole "Oh look, it's Eren again!" with them waving their fists in front of them.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 am

Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin   Empty .

Post by Valvatorez Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 am

Guess I shall be reading the manga, dood.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next