JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Anime Dub

+7
Ovyda
Bato
Supernatural Knight
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Sporadic
Colme
11 posters

Go down

Best Anime Dub Empty Best Anime Dub

Post by Colme Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:09 am

Of course there are obligatory mentions such as Cowboy Bebop, and I believe I'm not alone in believing Baccano! has a very good dub.

So tell me, what are the best dubs you've encountered? Bonus points if the anime is older since U.S. Manga Corps era anime generally didn't have "good" dubs in the traditional sense.

Spoiler:
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Best Anime Dub Empty Re: Best Anime Dub

Post by Sporadic Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

Hard for me to say. I enjoy 80s and 90s dubs so my taste in a good dub probably greatly differs from everyone else.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Blue Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:23 am

Rurouni Kenshin is most definitely one anime I can honestly say was better off dubbed. I'm sorry, but the main character cannot look cool and have a girl's voice. I think the dubbed voices were pretty good and it went with the characters. It's actually painful to watch the Japanese, and that seldom happens.
Roy Blue
Roy Blue
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:59 am

Sporadic wrote:Hard for me to say. I enjoy 80s and 90s dubs so my taste in a good dub probably greatly differs from everyone else.

Don't worry, you're in good company.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 am

Black Lagoon has an amazing dub.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:13 am

Baccano and Black Lagoon are two I definitely agree with whole heartedly, I wouldn't attempt to watch them in Japanese as I already know how the Black Lagoon one is and I really prefer the English voices of Revy and Dutch.

Okay as for personal preferences I'd have to go with Gurren Lagann and Spirited Away.
GL was the anime that got me into anime, now while the sub isn't bad I think it is just because it was the reason I began watching anime in the first place that the sub just doesn't quite cut it for me.
Spirited Away is quite possibly my favourite anime, if not it is definitely my favourite movie, I have seen it more times than I can recall and every time I am still just as amazed by it as the first time I saw it [back before I knew what anime was]. To this day the only parts subbed from it I have seen are what is included as extra features on my DVD, and I honestly prefer the frogs dance and song about No Face in English.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:16 am

The first dub i seen was also probably the best dub. Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshins voice just sounds so awesome in the dub.

Yu Yu Hakusho was also a good dub.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:46 am

Colme wrote:Of course there are obligatory mentions such as Cowboy Bebop, and I believe I'm not alone in believing Baccano! has a very good dub.

So tell me, what are the best dubs you've encountered? Bonus points if the anime is older since U.S. Manga Corps era anime generally didn't have "good" dubs in the traditional sense.

Spoiler:

I wish you had Baccano nominated instead of Angel Cop...

As for the dubs, I don't watch dubbed, but I did have on my TV Rurouni Kenshin and it was surprisingly good.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:05 pm

Roy Blue wrote:Rurouni Kenshin is most definitely one anime I can honestly say was better off dubbed. I'm sorry, but the main character cannot look cool and have a girl's voice. I think the dubbed voices were pretty good and it went with the characters. It's actually painful to watch the Japanese, and that seldom happens.

I did watch the OVA's in sub. Those were good.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Colme wrote:
Sporadic wrote:Hard for me to say. I enjoy 80s and 90s dubs so my taste in a good dub probably greatly differs from everyone else.

Don't worry, you're in good company.
I was about to say.....
I can't seem to think of one at the moment that has not been mentioned. I find a lot to be middling, not better not worse.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:43 pm

Shogun13 wrote:I was about to say.....

On the topic of older anime. Future Boy Conan (1978) has an pretty good English dub. It's just notoriously hard to find since it was dubbed for an English market in Asia before companies like Central Park Media started bringing anime to the west.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 am

This might be cheating since there were only really two characters central to the show.

Spice and Wolf. Holo is full of awesome and Lawrence is the perfect counterpart. I can listen to these two talk all day and be amused. The extremely witty banter, the flirtation, the obvious sexual tension, and the true love they share is a wonder to watch and listen to.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am

Kodocha Dubbed > Kodocha Subbed

Reason: Jerry Jewell and Laura Bailey

That's the only argument I need. Dubbed Kodocha was flat out awesome! I'm not just saying that 'cause it's my favorite anime of all time, it really is a great dub.
MrLincecum
MrLincecum
Gillian

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Doomguy wrote:This might be cheating since there were only really two characters central to the show.

Spice and Wolf. Holo is full of awesome and Lawrence is the perfect counterpart. I can listen to these two talk all day and be amused. The extremely witty banter, the flirtation, the obvious sexual tension, and the true love they share is a wonder to watch and listen to.

That makes sense when you think about it. It's easier to find two excellent voice actors than a full cast of them.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:43 pm

Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, and Robotech are good dubbed to me.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down