JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

+9
MrYoSo901
Jayvon
Shadow_Links
plantkingman
LunarLexal
Pando
Ovyda
Sporadic
Bato
13 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by LunarLexal Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:15 am

Hey guys, I've officially caught up to Hunter X Hunter! So it's safe for me to be in here now.

Sporadic wrote:Same here.
I really like this new arc to, it's exciting.
Spoiler:
Shadow_Links wrote:I don't mind the pace personally, although it sometimes ruins the tension. I've watched the old version and read the manga. (despite the many facepalms due to the art quality that the manga exhibited before hiatus)

I have a feeling that pacing wont slow until new material is reached.

Really? I stopped watching the old one and started the new one at the suggestion of my little bro. does it have for tension in the old one?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Jayvon Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Next week Gon's team is going to fight some of his dad's friends that call themselves Pirates. I was really getting tired of watching them training and running around, finally some ACTION!
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Jayvon wrote:Next week Gon's team is going to fight some of his dad's friends that call themselves Pirates. I was really getting tired of watching them training and running around, finally some ACTION!

I kinda liked to see them train. It was interesting to see the different possibilities of Nen. But I am excited for the battle.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:43 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Jayvon wrote:Next week Gon's team is going to fight some of his dad's friends that call themselves Pirates. I was really getting tired of watching them training and running around, finally some ACTION!

I kinda liked to see them train. It was interesting to see the different possibilities of Nen. But I am excited for the battle.

I liked the training at first but I just got impatient.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:30 pm

The fact that you see their progress rather than just magical improvement mid-battle is something I liked.
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Shadow_Links wrote:The fact that you see their progress rather than just magical improvement mid-battle is something I liked.
That's what I thought. I don't like it when characters suddenly improve. I like seeing their hard work to make it happen.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Serious shit finally begins Smile
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Gon is first charcter I don't understand I don't know if he's a Goku or a Vageta.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Jayvon wrote:Gon is first charcter I don't understand I don't know if he's a Goku or a Vageta.

Obviously Goku Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Gon is not noble at all, people like Goku trying save the world if Gon thinks your weak he'll leave you behind just like what him and Killua were going to do with Biscuit because they thought she was just a little girl and if the people being killed are not his friends he really doesn't care Gon is neither good nor evil Gon only cares about his friends everybody else he really doesn't care. He has the characteristics of a real human being since he's a kid he might spear your life because everything is a game for him at that age but when he gets older that will also change he's the perfect Protagonist.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Jayvon wrote:Gon is first charcter I don't understand I don't know if he's a Goku or a Vageta.

Hes Gon.

And i still cant accept how Killua became a hunter so fast >.> Its like nothing has changed..
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Bato wrote:Hes Gon.

And i still cant accept how Killua became a hunter so fast >.> Its like nothing has changed..

Yeah, I was expecting a whole other arc on it. Although, it just shows how much they've improved since they last took it.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 pm

True. But would have been nice if there were strong guys like Hisoka and Killua's brother again.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Bato wrote:True. But would have been nice if there were strong guys like Hisoka and Killua's brother again.
Yeah, I was expecting this guy:
Spoiler:

to show up again. After all he did promise that he would be back, after he failed the cooking part of the exam.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:03 pm

haha yeah Very Happy Well the guy who tries to make rookies fail was there though xD
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Jayvon wrote:Gon is not noble at all, people like Goku trying save the world if Gon thinks your weak he'll leave you behind just like what him and Killua were going to do with Biscuit because they thought she was just a little girl and if the people being killed are not his friends he really doesn't care Gon is neither good nor evil Gon only cares about his friends everybody else he really doesn't care. He has the characteristics of a real human being since he's a kid he might spear your life because everything is a game for him at that age but when he gets older that will also change he's the perfect Protagonist.

Is everything alright with your head, or you are just pure Gon hater? Moreover, why the fuck you even need to compare this with DBZ?
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 pm

And spell Vegeta wrong lol
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:55 pm

[quote="Ovyda"]
Jayvon wrote:just pure Gon hater
after watching and reading(manga) the greed island arc? Yeah I started to hate Gon at that point, so you can count me in that category. He's way too emotional and is always trying hard to push his beliefs to the people around him even if it costs him his life which is pretty stupid IMO, he also endangers his friends by doing so and he doesn't even realize it.

He also annoyed the hell out of me in the ant arc (manga), going on and on screaming about how he wanted revenge really bad to the point that he tried to push everyone that tried to stop him. His friends cared so much for him so they were forced to tag along and endanger themselves, and gon was still fixated on getting his revenge. >.>

I liked killua's development more compared to Gon, its kinda sad that he's not the main MC of the series. He would've made such a great MC compared to Gon..
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:43 am

Not reading manga, so I have no clue what you are talking about. All I can say is that I prefer Killua myself over Gon, but I think it's better for the show to have Gon's personality like this.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 am

Can you please not talk about the manga in here?
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:43 am

If you want to talk about the manga make a different thread, there are a lot of people that don't read the manga so you would just be spoiling the hole anime series. Or you could wrap the spoiler tag around your text every single time you mention the manga, those are your options.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Chill guys. It's not that big of a deal. It wasn't that big of a spoiler.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Lol it's all good.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:52 pm

lol sorry

aside from the revenge thing and the arc names i didn't really give off that much of a spoiler, just gon's tendency to ignore those who are around him once he sets his mind on something.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:lol sorry

aside from the revenge thing and the arc names i didn't really give off that much of a spoiler, just gon's tendency to ignore those who are around him once he sets his mind on something.

And that's already something we know. So it's not a big deal.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode. I want them fight for real, to see their new powers.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next