JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3?

+5
MacMeaties
LunarLexal
Doomguy
Metazoxan
plantkingman
9 posters

Go down

Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3? Empty Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3?

Post by plantkingman Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:14 pm

There is plenty of material in the light novels to continue Spice and Wolf. So I was wondering if there is a chance of a Season 3 sometime in the future?
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3? Empty Re: Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3?

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Possibility?Yes. Chances? Nothing has been so far as hinted as far as I know that one might ever be green lit.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3? Empty Re: Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3?

Post by Doomguy Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:20 pm

I want...no...I need more Holo
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Spice and Wolf is one of my favorite anime, even with the way it ended, If it gets another season that'll be the best thing ever. But, as Meta said, there hasn't been any mention of a new season.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 pm

I think there is always a possibility. If they decided to begin re-airing the first two seasons on Japanese TV and it got good viewing figures I'd reckon they'd consider a third but who knows. 17 LNs is a metric f**kton of source material. First two season of the anime only covered 1-5.
I'd just hope if they do make a third season it's includes the ending volume and epilogue.
Yes doing that would miss out a huge chunk of story but considering a third season is a dubious possibility at best it would be nice if it wrapped up the story rather than chancing it's luck on a forth season to do so.

MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23 pm

MacMeaties wrote: I think there is always a possibility. If they decided to begin re-airing the first two seasons on Japanese TV and it got good viewing figures I'd reckon they'd consider a third but who knows. 17 LNs is a metric f**kton of source material. First two season of the anime only covered 1-5.
I'd just hope if they do make a third season it's includes the ending volume and epilogue.
Yes doing that would miss out a huge chunk of story but considering a third season is a dubious possibility at best it would be nice if it wrapped up the story rather than chancing it's luck on a forth season to do so.

i have to disagree, i hate missing out on the story, and with 17LN's i can imagine it might end up as a 100+ episode show, and i just cant see this becoming one of those super shows, dot get my wrong i LOVE the show, but i cant see it happening, a 3rd season, maybe, anthing after that? meh, i wouldnt bet on it
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:13 am

That's was my main fear and probably the biggest reason against a third season. Some people do want to see what happens in between where the second season left off and the ending which is, as you said yourself, a unreasonable amount of content to try and fit in. It would be great if they did cover all the LN in anime format but that just isn't going to happen ever even if a third season is made.
It would be nice if they actually translated the bloody LNs at a decent rate for those who want to read them but they are only releasing 8 and 9 this year so any chance of getting to 17 soon is... well it's not going to happen at a rate of 2 per year.

I spoiler-ed the ending for myself so know what happens anyway Razz
If you want to know open the below spoiler.
Spoiler:
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:57 pm

saw happy ending comming, but the situation....well, 1/2 i saw comming but it does make me wonder what happens....and as for the residence....da fuq?
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:08 pm

MacMeaties wrote:That's was my main fear and probably the biggest reason against a third season. Some people do want to see what happens in between where the second season left off and the ending which is, as you said yourself, a unreasonable amount of content to try and fit in. It would be great if they did cover all the LN in anime format but that just isn't going to happen ever even if a third season is made.
It would be nice if they actually translated the bloody LNs at a decent rate for those who want to read them but they are only releasing 8 and 9 this year so any chance of getting to 17 soon is... well it's not going to happen at a rate of 2 per year.

I spoiler-ed the ending for myself so know what happens anyway Razz
If you want to know open the below spoiler.
Spoiler:
I see
Spoiler:

Well anime will probably never reach the ending.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by IloveHolo Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Considering seasons one and two aired during 2008/2009, and it is currently 2013, I cannot see the chances of season three going up anytime soon. No matter how high the quality, I feel that the genre it fits into doesn't get enough attraction. It is a very unique romance, and it seems(to me) that the highest demand is for more slice-of-life highschool romances.

I die a little on the inside whenever I see this thread brought up every so often. That, and the ending was spoiled for me by another user(due to a lack of spoiler, completely accidental).
IloveHolo
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 am

I enjoyed the anime, it had a very heart warming charm, but for a lot of people, (me not being one of them) that isn't enough to keep an anime going. The Idea of following two love birds over 100+ episodes without some huge over lapping story arc doesn't appeal to a lot of the anime audience. Series like Inuyasha did just that, but it had much more going on than just Kagome and Inuyasha, so people kept interest. I'd love to see another season, granted that there are some interesting events.
Kaleb_K
Kaleb_K
Gillian

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3? Empty season 3

Post by 2010101060 Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Correction it is not confirmed to be a trailer of season 3. THough what i can confirm is, If no one buys the dvd, there will be no season 3.
Guys go buy the DVD!
Rumors are that if this last DVD/Blueray box of the complete series (season 1 and 2) (bein released in September 11, 2012) do not sell well in Japan and in America, they will give up on Spice and Wolf. This is only a rumor. What I can comfirm is: no buy = no production. THis is a comment by the youtube user PtrainerM

Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Possibility of a Spice and Wolf season 3? Empty follow up!

Post by 2010101060 Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Okay really! Spice and Wolf stated out as a Japanese light novel series written by Isuna Hasekura, with illustrations by JÅ« Ayakura. The light novels finished the story and the manga has less of the story then the anime. They stopped doing the show after the short OVA post second season. All this hype about a third season is a few years old and Japan really doesn’t care that much about how an anime does in North Am. but focuses on how it does in Japan [shock]. Really before you go asking question do a little research on your own. There’s no third season and there never will be (sorry to burst your bubble) and that’s mostly because the story get’s really complicated after were the left of in the second season. SORRY!

Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by 2010101060 Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:37 pm

but seriously I really loved this anime I was just in shock to know this news.

Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down