JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A IRC server for the community to use

3 posters

Go down

A IRC server for the community to use Empty A IRC server for the community to use

Post by aeon Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:16 pm

While im sad that JD has gone down, i kinda wanna help out a bit.

So I have a dedicated server that I use to run my gameserver on (this gameserver holds a special place in my heart so it aint going nowheres!) But I was part of another community, that used IRC and well got me addicted to it. So for experimental purposes on my dedicated server i hosted an IRC server to do things like test, because i didn't want to spam my other clans server.

But now I've completely stopped the test on the server, and it just runs and runs really. So I figured why not let some others use it and put it to a better use than me.

I tried contacting an Admin, and got no response - I'm not trying to advertise, just offer a chat service to the community (honestly thats all im trying to do)

I'm going to continue to pay the bills for server, and wont ask a penny in return - as i said I also have my gameserver on it running which is very dear to me.

im willing to work with the community and help it so.

For those that Know what IRC is then ignore this next section lol

but basically its a chat program with a client and server (and since im hosting the server free-of-charge) all anyone really needs to do is download an IRC client such as mIRC (which is free) There are tons of IRC clients out there!

- if any Staff connect ill give them a status (like netadmin,ircop, services admin)

So if anyones interested in this please respond/pm me ill be more then glad help em set it up.

NOTE:
as of right now, there is no domain name to the server (if it becomes active enough, ill purchase one my self for it)

but the host ip 69.60.118.163

Edit:
There are also IRC Services such as channel service, nickname service to make things smoother (Nice protection ETC)

aeon
Academy Student

Male Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

A IRC server for the community to use Empty Re: A IRC server for the community to use

Post by Mayes Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Got everything downloaded and set up. But like you I'm waiting for an expressed interest in at least a few people, so we'll actually have a chat. Whenever that happens, I'll be sure to hop on there and say hey.
Mayes
Mayes
Academy Student

Male Posts : 72
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

A IRC server for the community to use Empty Re: A IRC server for the community to use

Post by aeon Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Yeah - that's all fine. I wasn't trying to make it an immediate thing, just something that's there if users need it.

aeon
Academy Student

Male Posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayes Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Yeah for sure. It's good that's it there, if ever needed like you said. I would be on right now I just don't want to be alone! Razz
Mayes
Mayes
Academy Student

Male Posts : 72
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks. About 32 of us already chat in a group on Skype. I'm aware of the advantages of using IRC but the likelihood of people actually using it is slim. So thanks for the offer but we're gonna have to pass.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down