JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

+21
Metazoxan
Jaysp656
Ovyda
Tsuyushi
Mylespol
Mafiacow
Nyako~Mayushii
plantkingman
Belsfir
Blazer
LunarLexal
DemonEyesJoe
Hikikomori
Valvatorez
Natsuru-san
Nonononoki
Bato
Sir Maddy
Keiichi Morisato
Deathfire123
Sporadic
25 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Empty Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

Post by Sporadic Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 am

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Animef11

Anime Saturdays

[url=http://]Sword of the Stranger[/url]
Showing #1 - 3:00 PM PST (GMT -7:00)
Showing #2 - N/A

I wanted to plan a day once a week where we can all watch an anime movie together. We will view it together in Skype on a voice / text call so we can react together and comment while watching. I will upload the movie to livestream so we can all be on the same part together. livestream has ads during viewing, so if you would like to bypass them please install an ad blocker. I recommend, http://adblockplus.org/en If you would like to download the movie it can be arranged for everyone to press play at the same time. I will make a conversation on Skype the morning of the movie. Everyone will be added to the group once I log in, about an hour maybe even two before the movie is supposed to begin. I'll gradually add people as they start logging on.

The point of this activity is to view and enjoy anime together once a week as a community while reacting together on Skype. The activity isn't just about watching a weekly movie. It's also about having a good time laughing and commenting together while we watch it.

Here's how it works.

• Over the course of a day we will nominate our suggestions for a movie to watch.
  • Once we have a 5 nominations we will vote on which one to watch.
  • On Saturday the winner will be watched in the above manner.
  • After the movie is done we'll make a discussion thread on the forum.

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Rulesb10

• You are free to show up at any point before or during the movie. For preparation purposes if it is your first time I suggest showing up an hour early to become acclimated with everything. The movie will start at exactly the time posted. We will not be waiting on anyone and we will not postpone the time if you are late.

• We will not pause the movie at any point while it is playing unless there is a technical difficulty. Make sure you go to the bathroom, eat and have have a drink ready before the movie begins.

• The skype conversation will be both text and voice. If you do not have a mic or do not wish to listen to people on theirs then you can still communicate by typing.

• If you are going to use your mic to participate in the chat please make sure you have a headset as well. Feedback is annoying.

• Do not spam the mic while the movie is playing. Reactions and minor discussion about the movie are encouraged but try not to talk much about anything else.

• You are free to nominate any movie we have not seen as many times as you'd like. As long as a single movie is not nominated two weeks in a row.

• When nominating a movie in a series make sure to nominate the movie in the order in which it was released. We will not watch movies out of order, IE: Movie #2 then Movie #1

If I've forgotten anything let me know.

Participants:
Spoiler:

Completed Movies:
Spoiler:

Feel free to test our channel for quality and play back purposes. It will repeat last weeks movie until the following Saturday.

Last edited by Sporadic on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 34 times in total
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Empty Re: Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

Post by Deathfire123 Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 am

[1:58:51 AM] Desufire: sounds like fun

Also First suggestion: My Neighbour Totoro
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Empty Re: Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:05 am

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition VyEXDwd
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:12 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Tumblr_m6wkqu269Z1qihztbo1_500

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition VyEXDwd

Since you have your streaming channel set up all pretty would you mind using your channel to view them?
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:23 am

Sporadic wrote:I wanted to plan a day once a week where we can all watch an anime movie together in Skype. We would view it together in Skype on a voice / text call so we could react together and comment while watching. I was even thinking about uploading the movie to a live stream service so we can all be on the same part together. The point of this activity is to view and enjoy anime together as a community while reacting together on Skype.

Here's how it would work.

Over the course of a day or two we would nominate our suggestions for a movie to watch.
Once we have a few nominations we will vote on which one to watch over the course the next few days.
On Saturday the winner will be watched in the above manner.
After the movie is done we'll make a discussion thread on the forum.

Now, if you would like to participate with us in Skype but not watch on the streaming service than you are free to watch on your preferred method.

If you would like to participate more for the forum related discussion or just don't have time to join us on Skype. Feel free to watch it and join us in the discussion thread.

I want to see how many people would be up for this idea first. The activity isn't just about watching a weekly movie. It's also about having a good time laughing and commenting together while we watch it.

I'd like to join.
But I made a new skype.
Because I forgot my old one:
https://secure.skype.com/portal/profile
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:28 am

Sir Maddy wrote:
Sporadic wrote:I wanted to plan a day once a week where we can all watch an anime movie together in Skype. We would view it together in Skype on a voice / text call so we could react together and comment while watching. I was even thinking about uploading the movie to a live stream service so we can all be on the same part together. The point of this activity is to view and enjoy anime together as a community while reacting together on Skype.

Over the course of a day or two we would nominate our suggestions for a movie to watch.
Once we have a few nominations we will vote on which one to watch over the course the next few days.

Now, if you would like to participate with us in Skype but not watch on the streaming service than you are free to watch on your preferred method.

If you would like to participate more for the forum related discussion or just don't have time to join us on Skype. Feel free to watch it and join us in the discussion thread.

I want to see how many people would be up for this idea first. The activity isn't just about watching a weekly movie. It's also about having a good time laughing and commenting together while we watch it.

I'd like to join.
But I made a new skype.

The link took me to my own profile.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:00 am

Sporadic wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:

I'd like to join.
But I made a new skype.

The link took me to my own profile.

Well ain't that an ass hole
Just use my skype name:
live:urstalka
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 am

Alrighty. Invite sent.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:18 am

Im up for this.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:31 am

Never used Skype before, but you guys can add me if you want:
Skype name: Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Sporadic wrote:

Since you have your streaming channel set up all pretty would you mind using your channel to view them?

No problem
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Meh I dunno. I hardly ever watch movies any more but I might depending on what movie it is. Also dependent on a few things. Doesn't group calling in skype cost money? I don't have a mic or a cam so hope that's not a problem? The streaming site is free right? I hope people aren't going to be talking/laughing so load that I can't hear the movie?Kinda need a rule on that and finally the BIGGEST problem with this, we're not allowed to talk about skype. You just broke rule but I say this because of this rule not everyone is in JD skype group.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Meh I dunno. I hardly ever watch movies any more but I might depending on what movie it is. Also dependent on a few things. Doesn't group calling in skype cost money? I don't have a mic or a cam so hope that's not a problem? The streaming site is free right? I hope people aren't going to be talking/laughing so load that I can't hear the movie?Kinda need a rule on that and finally the BIGGEST problem with this, we're not allowed to talk about skype. You just broke rule but I say this because of this rule not everyone is in JD skype group.

Join us!
Voice calls are free
Even without that you can still type, just wont be as much fun
You misunderstand the rule.
We talk talk about our skype chats (You have to be in it to get it). The service in general is free game.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:23 pm

10+ people in a call is what needs to be payed for, but it's not like we will do that, since we also have text chat.
Also do not fret! I shall scream and laugh and fart as loud as I can so you may not hear it!
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah can't afford to pay for it so if it's not free then I can't do it. :/
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Yeah can't afford to pay for it so if it's not free then I can't do it. :/

All the costs money is premium (Group video, calling real phones)
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:57 pm

I'll go for this (I'll make sure it's I'm my download allowance)
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Meh I dunno. I hardly ever watch movies any more but I might depending on what movie it is. Also dependent on a few things. Doesn't group calling in skype cost money? I don't have a mic or a cam so hope that's not a problem? The streaming site is free right? I hope people aren't going to be talking/laughing so load that I can't hear the movie?Kinda need a rule on that and finally the BIGGEST problem with this, we're not allowed to talk about skype. You just broke rule but I say this because of this rule not everyone is in JD skype group.

It seems a majority of your posts nowadays are coupled with complaining.

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition Tumblr_mefkk7v51h1rxf6yzo1_500

Also it's my Skype chat, not a "JustDubs" Skype chat. There just happens to be about 30 people from the forum there. There's a difference though.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Hugs from Spor.. those are rare, i'd take it if i were you Surprised

Group voice chat on skype dont really cost money, does it? O.o
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Bato wrote:Hugs from Spor.. those are rare, i'd take it if i were you Surprised

Group voice chat on skype dont really cost money, does it? O.o

No it doesnt
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:39 pm

iv done this before, i did this in my gaming clan and we watched

Spoiler:

but instead of skype, which was our original plan that FAILED HORRIBLY, we all decided to download or find a streaming source (in this case, youtube was available) and we all setup on teamspeak (JD could use an equivalent, Ventrillo, mumble, ect, or skype) and at the same time we all pressed play (latency is low on teamspeak so we were all within a second of each other, even people in other countries) so it was really good, and really fun.

the rules were, before we start, use the bathroom, if you get up, we are NOT waiting for you, pausing and unpausing would be to much hassle. use PTT, no random conversations with other people, or your burps/farts/whatever on mic, so Push-to-talk is REQUIRED (PTT). Also, try not to watch the trailors

heres the thread about it
im a coucil member (equivilant of moderator/admin, basicly, i have full control) on this clans teamspeak, so, if for whatever reason we decided to use it instead of skype, i can make and lock a room down for us.
http://www.qualitygamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5244

all we need to do is decide a time, a list of movies to choose from, and its up to each person to obtain the movie in some shape or form (i recommend DLing as streaming can get....buffery)
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

In my days of Minecraft, using TS to watch/listen to streams isnt really worth it. My friends and I usually just skyped and usteamed/Jtv'd it. It was pretty good, considering it was a DVD of LoTR.

Just because it failed once for you, does not mean it will fail for the rest. It all depends on how you use it and how efficient it is, which it was.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:59 pm

I've already got means and software/services setup on my computer for streaming to Ustream.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:I've already got means and software/services setup on my computer for streaming to Ustream.

oh yea, thats right, forgot about that
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
In my days of Minecraft, using TS to watch/listen to streams isnt really worth it. My friends and I usually just skyped and usteamed/Jtv'd it. It was pretty good, considering it was a DVD of LoTR.

Just because it failed once for you, does not mean it will fail for the rest. It all depends on how you use it and how efficient it is, which it was.

for us it wasnt as alot of people didnt have skype (but we all had teamspeak) and we were tying to find a way to all join a group chat and steam the movie that way, and it just wasnt working, so we defaulted to good ol teamspeak
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next