JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ranks

+22
JAMSM
Colme
Shogun13
plantkingman
DemonEyesJoe
LunarLexal
johnstang2
Valvatorez
Wampa
Leoster
Tomoyo's Angel
Blazer
Kusanagi
Paper Tiger
Hikikomori
Severus
Natsuru-san
L3GION
blaze1514
Androgynous
Sporadic
Metazoxan
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Ranks - Page 2 Empty Re: New Ranks

Post by Blazer Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 am

I'm thinking too much Bleach....I have a great idea...implement...Custom Ranks! Very Happy
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 am

Blazer wrote:I'm thinking too much Bleach....I have a great idea...implement...Custom Ranks! Very Happy

Out of 22 ranks there is 7 Bleach ranks. Its better than all those Naruto ranks.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 am

Sporadic wrote:
Blazer wrote:I'm thinking too much Bleach....I have a great idea...implement...Custom Ranks! Very Happy

Out of 22 ranks there is 7 Bleach ranks. Its better than all those Naruto ranks.

7/22 is quite a bit. Almost half.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 am

Sporadic wrote:Ulquiorra > Zenon

Kusa had a nice list of ranks written out at one point. I wonder if he has any suggestions.
and what base do you have for this claim? I've seen what Ulqiorra can do and what killed him. Zenon could shrug off Laharl's attack like it was nothing and could use an attack that created giant wings and obliterated the entire area. Here is more of Zenon (just watch from 5:00 to 5:50. the Rest is plot. Also this is the ending to obviously spoiler)

Zenon is at least at Aizen's Level when he turned into that monster thing since Zenon has the power to kill a demon lord (as well as the final boss of this game) as if she was swatting a fly. So I say Ulquiorra < Zenon. Since their two universes are so different I guess we can't be truely accurate with our scales (the biggest problem with comparing powers of different shows) but based on the feats displayed by Zenon and those of Bleach characters Zenon is at the very least on the Level of Aizen in his final form.
Sporadic wrote:

Just because it is better than before doesn't make it good. That is like saying being shot is the head is better than being burned to death. The large use of naruto made sense though because JD was originally a site devoted to Naruto dubs. I'm not saying I liked all the Naruto ranks but at least that had good reason. If we are changing the ranks then there is no reason for 7 out of 22 to be from one anime (plus most of those are hollow ranks which makes it even more over focused on one place).
Blazer wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

7/22 is quite a bit. Almost half.

Actually 7 is almost a third 7*3=21. But yeah that is still a large portion to be on just a single anime. Plus why Bleach? I thought a lot of people on this forum didn't really like bleach (Several members gave this show a lot of hate in the past). I'm not saying I hate Bleach but I certainly don't love it either.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomoyo's Angel Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 am

i like the new ranks, i also like that we finally get post count for asylum posts since that's where i spent most of my time.
Tomoyo's Angel
Tomoyo's Angel
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 250
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Leoster Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am

how come I don't see S-Class Super Monster in there? Smile
Leoster
Leoster
Academy Student

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomoyo's Angel Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 am

that's kinda' long... but the Rosario + Vampire reference is nice, just suber S-class would be better. Razz
Tomoyo's Angel
Tomoyo's Angel
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 am

Leoster wrote:how come I don't see S-Class Super Monster in there? Smile

Did you not see the "Legendary s-class" rank?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomoyo's Angel Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am

i have no idea how i even missed it (it was on old JD though.) Razz
Tomoyo's Angel
Tomoyo's Angel
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Hikikomori wrote:Here is my suggestion: I think Wizard Saint sounds a bit weird. Maybe some thing like Walpurgis Night.

and that is what?

The most powerful witch for puella magica madoka.
New Ranks - Page 2 535056-walpurgis_night_main_image
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 pm

I like Kiri's rank idea and with it we could add Madoka to the ranking system animes.(or it could just be because i like the name Walpurgis Night Smile ) the name could also be Walpurgisnacht
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Leoster Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Leoster wrote:how come I don't see S-Class Super Monster in there? Smile

Did you not see the "Legendary s-class" rank?
I must be going blind Shocked
Leoster
Leoster
Academy Student

Male Posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:21 pm

Yeah 7 Bleach ranks is WAY too much. How about only 2 or 3 Bleach ranks. I like Bleach in all but vareity is needed here and so I propose the best rank ever, Kampfer. :3 Just imagine calling yourself Kampfer *Insert your name here* now doesn't that sound cool. :3 Oh yes, Kampfer, so a wonderful rank. As for 5000-10000 posts to get a custom rank. I'll have you know getting to such a high post count isn't easy at all for just 5000. I mean even if you spamed a forum day after day after day for a year you'd STILL be short by about 500-1000 posts so setting the custom rank to 5000 seems fair enough. Not everyone will have the time to spam a forum like that anyway. Also if you implement the custom rank to be unlocked at 5000 posts then you wouldn't need to actually make one for each person who gets to 5000 posts. It'd just be a feature that gets unlocked once you've reached 5000 posts. I believe either that or just allow custom ranks from the get go.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:26 pm

I say keep it the way it is.
When we get the new forums, I am sure things will already be in place.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

It might go back to how it was. It might change. Who knows how it will be approached.

Last forum we had 4 out of 12 Naruto ranks. This breaks down to something similar here. 7 Bleach ranks out of 22 is not bad. Plus, Bleach is something most people are familiar with. So naturally people would understand more of the references this way.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

It might go back to how it was. It might change. Who knows how it will be approached.

Last forum we had 4 out of 12 Naruto ranks. This breaks down to something similar here. 7 Bleach ranks out of 22 is not bad. Plus, Bleach is something most people are familiar with. So naturally people would understand more of the references this way.

But there are plenty of other well known anime you could use and devoting 1/3 of the ranks to one anime is too much 4 out of 12 is 1/3. So really all you did was switch all the over use of Naruto ranks with Bleach ranks. There is no reason to have so many from one anime. We should represent other anime as well.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm

We should so have some spoon ranks.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
We should so have some spoon ranks.

Spoon? Question
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:10000 posts for a custom rank. Really that's too high. I say 5000 posts and you get it. Really hardly anyone'll ever make it to such a high post count.

I just wanted to point this out real quick.

New Ranks - Page 2 Postsc10

Joined less than a week ago. Already has over 1,000 posts. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow post restriction in certain forums so the aylum counts towards your posts now. And with all the number games and other cascading threads in the asylum its easy to get over 100 posts a day. This of course won't be like this on the new forum because hopefully we're using another vbulletin board.

Also, switched out Visored for Overlord. There's still a couple more that can be switched out we just need more suggestions.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

Sporadic wrote:Last forum we had 4 out of 12 Naruto ranks. This breaks down to something similar here. 7 Bleach ranks out of 22 is not bad. Plus, Bleach is something most people are familiar with. So naturally people would understand more of the references this way.

I don't think we should use the standards from the last forum as a premise for what we should do with new ranks. JustDubs came from being Naruto English Dub, so it's natural to conclude that there was a slight Naruto bias. Thus it can't be assumed that the last ranks were fair and balanced and follow that assumption to make 33% of the ranks devoted to a single anime.

Thanks to Sporadic, the list I proposed in the past was recovered. It was posted before, but it was in the middle of a long-winded debate and was not addressed, so I'll post it again. I think it avoids the problem of too many references to a single anime, so I want to see if there are any other possible concerns we should look out for with lists.

0 - Academy Student
30 - Lab Member
75 - Shinobi
125 - Rurouni

175 - Black Knight
300 - Mage
450 - Soul Reaper/Quincy
625 - Deadman
900 - Esper

1250 - State Alchemist
1600 - Rouge Ninja
2000 - Bounty Hunter
2400 - Arrancar (or Flame Haze if you guys want less Bleach)

2800 - Man Slayer (Hitokiri)
3300 - Knight of the Round
3800 - Espada
4300 - Heroic Spirit

5000 - Legendary S-Class
6000 - Overlord (used to be Vasto Lorde)
7000 - Wizard Saint
8000 - Legendary Super Saiyan (Saiya-jin)
9000 - Tailed Beast

Also, when I think Overlord, I think this:

New Ranks - Page 2 Overlord1
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 pm

i like kusanagi's rank system i feel its got a good variety of bleach/naruto and other more unique ones (deadman and state alchemist) and it even has a dbz one in there. the deadman rank also made me think we could use the rank of undertaker also if the consensus is to eliminate another naruto or bleach one
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:10000 posts for a custom rank. Really that's too high. I say 5000 posts and you get it. Really hardly anyone'll ever make it to such a high post count.

Joined less than a week ago. Already has over 1,000 posts. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow post restriction in certain forums so the aylum counts towards your posts now. And with all the number games and other cascading threads in the asylum its easy to get over 100 posts a day. This of course won't be like this on the new forum because hopefully we're using another vbulletin board.

Also, switched out Visored for Overlord. There's still a couple more that can be switched out we just need more suggestions.

Yeah but if we have the restriction like before than what you posted here is null and void. Also I HAVE suggested a rank. The BEST rank imo. Kampfer

There is a rank however I'd love to be able to keep that rank.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Sporadic wrote:Last forum we had 4 out of 12 Naruto ranks. This breaks down to something similar here. 7 Bleach ranks out of 22 is not bad. Plus, Bleach is something most people are familiar with. So naturally people would understand more of the references this way.

I don't think we should use the standards from the last forum as a premise for what we should do with new ranks. JustDubs came from being Naruto English Dub, so it's natural to conclude that there was a slight Naruto bias. Thus it can't be assumed that the last ranks were fair and balanced and follow that assumption to make 33% of the ranks devoted to a single anime.

Thanks to Sporadic, the list I proposed in the past was recovered. It was posted before, but it was in the middle of a long-winded debate and was not addressed, so I'll post it again. I think it avoids the problem of too many references to a single anime, so I want to see if there are any other possible concerns we should look out for with lists.

0 - Academy Student
30 - Lab Member
75 - Shinobi
125 - Rurouni

175 - Black Knight
300 - Mage
450 - Soul Reaper/Quincy
625 - Deadman
900 - Esper

1250 - State Alchemist
1600 - Rouge Ninja
2000 - Bounty Hunter
2400 - Arrancar (or Flame Haze if you guys want less Bleach)

2800 - Man Slayer (Hitokiri)
3300 - Knight of the Round
3800 - Espada
4300 - Heroic Spirit

5000 - Legendary S-Class
6000 - Overlord (used to be Vasto Lorde)
7000 - Wizard Saint
8000 - Legendary Super Saiyan (Saiya-jin)
9000 - Tailed Beast

Also, when I think Overlord, I think this:

New Ranks - Page 2 Overlord1

Could we mix a little one piece in there? Like Eliminate Arrancar move everything up to Espada down and put Shibukai under Heroic Spirit
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Could we mix a little one piece in there? Like Eliminate Arrancar move everything up to Espada down and put Shibukai under Heroic Spirit
Adding a popular series like One Piece is a good idea. I forgot about it. I'll try to remember to gather some information about it and find some ranks later. But yeah, Arrancar and Heroic Spirit will probably be the first titles to go.

Natsuru-san wrote:Yeah but if we have the restriction like before than what you posted here is null and void. Also I HAVE suggested a rank. The BEST rank imo. Kampfer

There is a rank however I'd love to be able to keep that rank.
I'd rather not add Kampfer because the rank neither is part of a well-known series nor is easy to understand from the word alone.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Sporadic wrote:

I know what I said before and I meant it. However, I just like to know how my post count got reduced somewhat.

I am pleased to see Asylum got excluded from post count as it was only fair to others. I will still post heavily in Asylum as I like to play games.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum