JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ranks

+22
JAMSM
Colme
Shogun13
plantkingman
DemonEyesJoe
LunarLexal
johnstang2
Valvatorez
Wampa
Leoster
Tomoyo's Angel
Blazer
Kusanagi
Paper Tiger
Hikikomori
Severus
Natsuru-san
L3GION
blaze1514
Androgynous
Sporadic
Metazoxan
26 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Ranks Empty New Ranks

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm

It appears the ranks have all changed. Can we see a new outline of what they are?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

New Ranks Empty Re: New Ranks

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:14 pm

I originally wanted to keep them a secret like they were on the old forum. But considering this is a temp forum, we might not keep using them. So I'll put up the list of ranks and open them for discussion to any additions or changes.

Last edited by Sporadic on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm

I still don't like how there is that bulk of Bleach from Vasto Lordes to Espada. Plus Vasto Lordes sounds much grander than Vizord or Espada. That is you replaced Vizord with ALF (From SAO) and Espada with Overlord (From Disgaea). Both are pretty popular and should be well recognized by most anime fans.

Also Lab member is on there twice.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:01 pm

Lab member is there twice for a reason.

30-74 is lab member.

30 posts starts Lab Member
69 starts its own its own rank because Karma wanted it
70 starts lab member again to make Innuendo end of the 70th post.

Get it?
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Androgynous Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Semi related, when the new forum gets made, is everything going to get reset (i.e post counts/ranks etc..)?
Androgynous
Androgynous
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Androgynous wrote:Semi related, when the new forum gets made, is everything going to get reset (i.e post counts/ranks etc..)?

Yes.

Metazoxan wrote:I still don't like how there is that bulk of Bleach from Vasto Lordes to Espada. Plus Vasto Lordes sounds much grander than Vizord or Espada. That is you replaced Vizord with ALF (From SAO) and Espada with Overlord (From Disgaea). Both are pretty popular and should be well recognized by most anime fans.

Also. Vasto Lorde is just a type of hollow. Certain Vasto Lorde were made into Arrancar if you recall. I mean I guess it could go Vasto Lorde, Visored, Arancarr, Espada. I could sneak in ALF and Overlord. But I wouldn't want to replace the aforementioned Bleach ranks with them because it only seems like a degradation in power.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Sporadic wrote:Lab member is there twice for a reason.

30-74 is lab member.

30 posts starts Lab Member
69 starts its own its own rank because Karma wanted it
70 starts lab member again to make Innuendo end of the 70th post.

Get it?
New Ranks 5d6a815f
Androgynous wrote:Semi related, when the new forum gets made, is everything going to get reset (i.e post counts/ranks etc..)?

Sorta. When the new forum is made this one will simply be abandoned. So yeah everything will pretty much be left here.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Sporadic wrote:

Yes.

Metazoxan wrote:I still don't like how there is that bulk of Bleach from Vasto Lordes to Espada. Plus Vasto Lordes sounds much grander than Vizord or Espada. That is you replaced Vizord with ALF (From SAO) and Espada with Overlord (From Disgaea). Both are pretty popular and should be well recognized by most anime fans.

Also. Vasto Lorde is just a type of hollow. Certain Vasto Lorde were made into Arrancar if you recall. I mean I guess it could go Vasto Lorde, Visored, Arancarr, Espada. I could sneak in ALF and Overlord. But I wouldn't want to replace the aforementioned Bleach ranks with them because it only seems like a degradation in power.

But Vasto Lordes are like the top of all Hollows and would probably beat normal arrancars. The only ones they probably wouldn't beat would be Adjuchas Arrancar (like Grimjow) or better. So it seems like they should be above arrancar. Also how is swaping Vizord for ALF a down grade? ALF was the legandary race from Alfiem Online. Sure they may not match in raw power but becoming that race was the goal of everyone in that world so the prestige of reaching it speaks for itself. And Overlord was the ruler of the entire netherworld so someone deserving of that rank would be way stronger than Espada who are strong but still just soldiers that serve under Aizen. Overlords serve no one (Laharl would summon a giant ass Meteor as one of his attacks and he is still young).
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by blaze1514 Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:19 pm

[quote="Metazoxan"]
Sporadic wrote:
Sorta. When the new forum is made this one will simply be abandoned. So yeah everything will pretty much be left here.

when the new site gets made everyone is going to keep this link handy, just in case right?

As for the ranking system: In my opinion since some people care about there ranks (me) maybe if possible we should have the ranks from this carry over into the next site.
blaze1514
blaze1514
Academy Student

Male Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:21 pm

We should be able to have our custom ranks, on my last forum (mangafox) you could use the rank OR make your own one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Yes.

But Vasto Lordes are like the top of all Hollows and would probably beat normal arrancars. The only ones they probably wouldn't beat would be Adjuchas Arrancar (like Grimjow) or better. So it seems like they should be above arrancar. Also how is swaping Vizord for ALF a down grade? ALF was the legandary race from Alfiem Online. Sure they may not match in raw power but becoming that race was the goal of everyone in that world so the prestige of reaching it speaks for itself. And Overlord was the ruler of the entire netherworld so someone deserving of that rank would be way stronger than Espada who are strong but still just soldiers that serve under Aizen. Overlords serve no one (Laharl would summon a giant ass Meteor as one of his attacks and he is still young).

Well its also a status thing too. Vasto Lordes are still Hollows, with a mask.. Where Arancarr's have pulled off their masks achieving a higher rank.

ALFs... Not like much was ever detailed on them or did you get a display of their power. But if its in any relation to how weak they were in Alfiem Online then someone in 4th Division From Bleach could easily take them out. Let alone Visoreds who were previous lieutenant and captain ranks that achieved hollow abilities.

And. Did someone say ruler of the entire netherworld?

New Ranks Tumblr_m44unkIbbv1qb93d1o1_500

Plus, I doubt someone like Laharl could take on someone like Ulquiorra.

AnalBag wrote:We should be able to have our custom ranks, on my last forum (mangafox) you could use the rank OR make your own one.

No.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Yes.

Well its also a status thing too. Vasto Lordes are still Hollows, with a mask.. Where Arancarr's have pulled off their masks achieving a higher rank.

ALFs... Not like much was ever detailed on them or did you get a display of their power. But if its in any relation to how weak they were in Alfiem Online then someone in 4th Division From Bleach could easily take them out. Let alone Visoreds who were previous lieutenant and captain ranks that achieved hollow abilities.

AnalBag wrote:We should be able to have our custom ranks, on my last forum (mangafox) you could use the rank OR make your own one.

No.

Like I said making ALF a high rank isn't so much about Power and it is simple Prestige and Legend. Plus the normal classes each had some interesting and impressive magic and remember that gravity magic? The ALFs were the ultimate race so it is likely they would have the skills of all the races. Sure they aren't going to be super powerful but they would be anything but weak and it is still a name that comands respect on Prestige alone and that is more about what rank titles are about not just power but fame and prestige. Plus it just adds more variety than a bunch of Bleach ranks. Also you clearly do not play Disgaea (seriously the self proclaimed "Ruler" of Hueco Mundo can't compare to Overlords in Disgaea.)

The key points in this video are 1:50 and 3:28. That is laharl an Overlord

Note that the end anime this was meant to be a trailer for wasn't anything like this because the writers are stupid. But this trailer actually follows the game it was based on so it is still valid.

Also here is him getting beat by an even stronger demon Overlord (skip to 5:40)

It is kinda hard to show just how strong an overlord can be from just a scene or two but that should show it fairly well.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, more varried ranks would be nice, i however enjoy the current ranking system decently enough.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

I prefer the old JD ranks to these new ranks. Also 10000 posts for a custom rank. Really that's too high. I say 5000 posts and you get it. Really hardly anyone'll ever make it to such a high post count.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:I prefer the old JD ranks to these new ranks. Also 10000 posts for a custom rank. Really that's too high. I say 5000 posts and you get it. Really hardly anyone'll ever make it to such a high post count.
I was going to mention that later. I mean I was a forum member since 2009 with the highest post count on the forum and I still only had 7500+ posts. That still requires another 2500 posts to get to 10000 and that is not easy for a forum of our size. I'm not sure if I agree with 5000 being the custom point but 10000 might be a little much to. But we can take our time and debate this since no one will reach even 5000 any time soon.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:I prefer the old JD ranks to these new ranks. Also 10000 posts for a custom rank. Really that's too high. I say 5000 posts and you get it. Really hardly anyone'll ever make it to such a high post count.
I was going to mention that later. I mean I was a forum member since 2009 with the highest post count on the forum and I still only had 7500+ posts. That still requires another 2500 posts to get to 10000 and that is not easy for a forum of our size. I'm not sure if I agree with 5000 being the custom point but 10000 might be a little much to. But we can take our time and debate this since no one will reach even 5000 any time soon.

its not like we will be here long enough for someone to even make 5000.... well at least i hope we aren't here that long. But anyway, custom ranks should be high enough that not everyone and their mother can get and spam for staff to change.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Yes.

No.

Like I said making ALF a high rank isn't so much about Power and it is simple Prestige and Legend. Plus the normal classes each had some interesting and impressive magic and remember that gravity magic? The ALFs were the ultimate race so it is likely they would have the skills of all the races. Sure they aren't going to be super powerful but they would be anything but weak and it is still a name that comands respect on Prestige alone and that is more about what rank titles are about not just power but fame and prestige. Plus it just adds more variety than a bunch of Bleach ranks. Also you clearly do not play Disgaea (seriously the self proclaimed "Ruler" of Hueco Mundo can't compare to Overlords in Disgaea.)

Note that the end anime this was meant to be a trailer for wasn't anything like this because the writers are stupid. But this trailer actually follows the game it was based on so it is still valid.

It is kinda hard to show just how strong an overlord can be from just a scene or two but that should show it fairly well.

I understand the prestige part. Which is why I offered to sneak it in. The real debate being where its rank will fall in with the rest of them.

Also, I used Barragan as an example for the "ruler of the entire netherworld" reference. Power wise my reference was that Laharl could never take on someone like Ulquiorra, an Espada. But I digress, I'll still add in Overlord as the name simply sounds cool and there is a few people who enjoyed Disgaea.

Not likely someone will even get to 5,000 by the time we're done with this temp forum. Even with all the spamming that's going on. I also want to make custom ranks something not easily obtained because I'm not trying to make 50 custom ranks because everyone wants one.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Yes.

No.

I understand the prestige part. Which is why I offered to sneak it in. The real debate being where its rank will fall in with the rest of them.

Also, I used Barragan as an example for the "ruler of the entire netherworld" reference. Power wise my reference was that Laharl could never take on someone like Ulquiorra, an Espada. But I digress, I'll still add in Overlord as the name simply sounds cool and there is a few people who enjoyed Disgaea.

Not likely someone will even get to 5,000 by the time we're done with this temp forum. Even with all the spamming that's going on. I also want to make custom ranks something not easily obtained because I'm not trying to make 50 custom ranks because everyone wants one.

I still say Overlord is better and Laharl or at least Zenon could beat Ulquiorra (That meteor attack was at least as strong and Ichigo's Cero and that managed to kill Ulqiorra in the end). So that is why I say it should replace espada since overlords can be much stronger. So why do you want to stick with all those Bleach titles so much? Since this is a forum for anime in general I think we should make an effort to be more diverse and not focus so much on just one anime. Especially one that dropped so far in popularity like Bleach.

Also sure no one will reach even 5,000 before the temp forum is over but if we use this set up with the new forum then we should work this out now shouldn't we?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:25 am

Here is my suggestion: I think Wizard Saint sounds a bit weird. Maybe some thing like Walpurgis Night.
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 am

Hikikomori wrote:Here is my suggestion: I think Wizard Saint sounds a bit weird. Maybe some thing like Walpurgis Night.

and that is what?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:04 am

Hikikomori wrote:Maybe some thing like Walpurgis Night.
Walpurgis Night sounds straight out of Bible Black to me - let's just not go there please! lol

Also since we're talking Disgaea, maybe we should have a "Midboss" rank somewhere in there? Possibly replace Bronze Saint with it? Bronze Saind just seems a bit weird to me, and Midboss would provide for some comic element (much like Innuendo)...
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 am

If we want Diversity, what about Flame Haze from Shakugan no Shana? Or Native Alter-Holy Alter from S-Cry-Ed? Just a few Ideas. XD
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 am

Ulquiorra > Zenon

Kusa had a nice list of ranks written out at one point. I wonder if he has any suggestions.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 am

I don't have the list I put on the original forums since I thought it'd stay there... apparently it didn't. I have a list of all the choices I thought up and separated them into tiers of power, but it's not the narrowed down list with the relative post count. I guess I could try to make a similar one if you guys want.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:22 am

Kusanagi wrote:I don't have the list I put on the original forums since I thought it'd stay there... apparently it didn't. I have a list of all the choices I thought up and separated them into tiers of power, but it's not the narrowed down list with the relative post count. I guess I could try to make a similar one if you guys want.

I archived all the threads. Here's your list.

Spoiler:
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down