JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD

+4
Natsu Dragneel
Ovyda
Sporadic
Valvatorez
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Empty Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD

Post by Valvatorez Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Bh5qrakcmaapeoy.jpg-large

Manga creator Hiro Mashima announced at midnight on Tuesday that his Fairy Tail and Rave (Rave Master) crossover manga is being adapted into anime. The anime will be bundled on DVD with the special edition of Fairy Tail's 39th manga volume on August 16.

In the crossover story, Fairy Tail's main character Natsu and Rave's main character Haru are lost, so Lucy and Elie —the heroines of both series — embark on a search for them.

Mashima published the original crossover one-shot manga story in the May issue of Kodansha's Magazine Special magazine in 2011. In addition to the material he already created for the crossover manga, Mashima is drawing the original artwork for new sequences in the anime. The new sequences will add Musica and Let, two Rave characters who did not appear in the crossover manga. Mashima posted the animation correction sheet below:

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Bh5ruchcuaivp8t

Upon Mashima's posting of Haru's animation correction sheet, Haru's voice actor Tomokazu Seki repeated, "Long time no see." Chihiro Yonekura, a singer of theme songs for both anime, also welcomed the news.

Mashima assured Fairy Tail fans that they can still enjoy the crossover anime even if they have not read Rave yet — although he added that they will enjoy the crossover more if they do know Rave. He noted that he is supervising all parts of the crossover anime personally.

Like Fairy Tail, Rave is another fantasy action manga created by Mashima and adapted into anime. Tokyopop had published the manga under the name Rave Master from 2003 until 2009, when Kodansha ended its contract with Tokyopop. Del Rey then announced at New York Anime Festival in 2009 that it picked up the license. The anime premiered in Cartoon Network's Toonami block in June of 2004. The American television network Syfy then launched the anime during Manga Entertainment's Ani-Monday programming block in 2009.

Del Rey published 12 volumes of the original Fairy Tail manga in North America, and Kodansha resumed publishing the manga with the 13th volume in 2011. The manga inspired a television anime that just ended on March 30 with the words "To Be Continued." Mashima added, "It's actually not over yet. I can't say more than this, but I hope you watch the rerun starting in April and wait for the day I can announce some good news." Crunchyroll streamed the Fairy Tail series as it aired in Japan. Funimation released the anime's fourth part on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in North America in February 2012.

ANN:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-15/fairy-tail-x-rave-master-crossover-manga-gets-anime-dvd
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Empty Re: Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD

Post by Sporadic Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:54 am

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Mr-burns-excellent-o
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Empty Re: Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD

Post by Ovyda Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:17 am

Even tho I didn't enjoy Rave Master as much as FT, I still expect some great moments from this one ^^
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:18 am

I've seen many epic things this year: Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods (scenes only), One Piece x Toriko x Dragon Ball and Attack on Titan. But THIS IS BIG NEWS
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 am

Cool. Although i havent seen Rave Master
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:09 am

I might just read Rave Master.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

It's not very good.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:52 pm

I haven't seen the one shot crossover but how would Erza react to seeing Sieg Hart? I mean he didn't even try to draw that character differently.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Metazoxan wrote:I haven't seen the one shot crossover but how would Erza react to seeing Sieg Hart? I mean he didn't even try to draw that character differently.

He drew the hair differently. Sieg's is longer.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I haven't seen the one shot crossover but how would Erza react to seeing Sieg Hart? I mean he didn't even try to draw that character differently.

So he got a hair cut for fairy tail. Shortening the hair doesn't count as a redesign. Rolling Eyes

Meldy and a few other characters got more of a redesign after the time skip.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

It's not very good.

Eh, doesnt matter.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

So he got a hair cut for fairy tail. Shortening the hair doesn't count as a redesign. Rolling Eyes

Meldy and a few other characters got more of a redesign after the time skip.

The eye tattoo thing is a different color. And Sieg is more tanned.

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Sieg_p10

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD 350px-10
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Different eye color as well Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Did I say it was a redesign? You said he didn't even draw the character differently and I pointed out the most obvious thing he changed lol.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Did I say it was a redesign? You said he didn't even draw the character differently and I pointed out the most obvious thing he changed lol.

Well it's just some characters change their hair during the series and so just changing that doesn't really change the character at all. But sure I guess it is technically drawing him different. Technically the tatoe is a slightly differnt color to. But still out of all the character designs he used from RV in FT Seig was basically ripped completely out with nothing but a haircut and a slightly differnt colored tatooe and skin color (which you wouldn't even really notice unless you compared them directly).

Not hating on the character just saying would it have killed him to try changing up the character a little more.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Well it's just some characters change their hair during the series and so just changing that doesn't really change the character at all. But sure I guess it is technically drawing him different. Technically the tatoe is a slightly differnt color to. But still out of all the character designs he used from RV in FT Seig was basically ripped completely out with nothing but a haircut and a slightly differnt colored tatooe and skin color (which you wouldn't even really notice unless you compared them directly).

Not hating on the character just saying would it have killed him to try changing up the character a little more.

Meta, you don't have to backpedal when something you say is called out. You said he didn't draw him differently, its untrue. There's no doubt Jellal was inspired by Sieg. But remember, you were saying Hiro Mashima didn't change anything when he drew Jellal Smile Aside from his skin tone, eye color, hair length and birthmark size, since they do differ from each other, let's take a further look.

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Sieg_p10

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD 350px-10

Fairy Tail x Rave Master Crossover Manga Gets Anime DVD Jellal10

Sieg has a more defining nose than Jellal from both the front and side profile. Sieg also has a longer jaw line than Jellal does. Which also gives Sieg a larger chin. Sieg is also buffer than Jellal so other physical traits are going to differ such as neck size, chest diameter and other attributes that would make him more physically endowed. I'm only nit picking now because you tried to "redefine" what you meant in your previous statement. When there's obviously more than 8 differences between them.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:41 pm

Reading that post right after watching Conan, you remind me of him.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Meta, you don't have to backpedal when something you say is called out. You said he didn't draw him differently, its untrue. There's no doubt Jellal was inspired by Sieg. But remember, you were saying Hiro Mashima didn't change anything when he drew Jellal Smile Aside from his skin tone, eye color, hair length and birthmark size, since they do differ from each other, let's take a further look.

Spoiler:
Sieg has a more defining nose than Jellal from both the front and side profile. Sieg also has a longer jaw line than Jellal does. Which also gives Sieg a larger chin. Sieg is also buffer than Jellal so other physical traits are going to differ such as neck size, chest diameter and other attributes that would make him more physically endowed. I'm only nit picking now because you tried to "redefine" what you meant in your previous statement. When there's obviously more than 8 differences between them.

I wasn't really trying to "Redefine" as much as I was clarifying. I knew the hair was different already so my statement was considering that fact. I say things the wrong way sometimes (In this case I shouldn't have said didn't and said barely) so sometimes I have to correct what I say a little. What I said was incorrect but it wasn't exactly what I meant (I didn't mean to imply that I didn't notice the hair). But I did fail to mention those other things you just mentioned( although they are all minor or barely noticable) So I was mistaken there. It just feels those slight differences are mostly the result of his art style changing a little since then. Couldn't he have changed the tattoo a little?

But again I wasn't trying to Back peddle or whatever. If I was sorry.

But I guess it doesn't really matter all that much either way. At least he didn't reuse some of the weirder designs like Griff, the "Horse", or some of the villains.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Spoiler:

I wasn't really trying to "Redefine" as much as I was clarifying. I knew the hair was different already so my statement was considering that fact. I say things the wrong way sometimes (In this case I shouldn't have said didn't and said barely) so sometimes I have to correct what I say a little. What I said was incorrect but it wasn't exactly what I meant (I didn't mean to imply that I didn't notice the hair). But I did fail to mention those other things you just mentioned( although they are all minor or barely noticable) So I was mistaken there. It just feels those slight differences are mostly the result of his art style changing a little since then. Couldn't he have changed the tattoo a little?

But I guess it doesn't really matter all that much either way. At least he didn't reuse some of the weirder designs like Griff, the "Horse", or some of the villains.

How does "he didn't even try to draw that character differently" need further clarification? You seem to do this a lot whenever someone proves a statement of yours to be untrue. Anyways, I'm just gonna drop it now because I made my point. I wouldn't have even continued much further if Jellal wasn't one of my favorite anime characters.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Spoiler:

How does "he didn't even try to draw that character differently" need further clarification? You seem to do this a lot whenever someone proves a statement of yours to be untrue. Anyways, I'm just gonna drop it now because I made my point. I wouldn't have even continued much further if Jellal wasn't one of my favorite anime characters.

Poor choice of words. Like I said I phrase things poorly sometimes so I was clarifying what I meant. You're right what I said was wrong but what I actually thought was a little different so I was just making myself clear. I knew about the hair thing, so when you corrected me by mentioning that I was trying to make it clear that I knew that but neglected to mention it in my post. Understand? Just to make sure that is no more misunderstandings let me try to make one other thing perfectly clear. You are right. While I knew about the hair when I made my post I didn't think about the chin and body build. They may be only minor changes but they are at least worth mentioning.

But I have a question. Even if he is one of you're favorites why feel the need to "defend" him so much? It's not like I was trying to insult jellal in fact I like him to. I was just commenting on how out of all the characters in FT who were based on RV characters Jellal had the least amount of difference to him RV counterpart..... in fact I should have worded my statement like that in the first place..... Again I can be a rather poor chooser of words sometimes. Embarassed

But I was not talking trash about Jellal so please don't think I hate him or anything. I have Ichiya sure and maybe one or two others I find a little annoying but certainly not Jellal.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:28 pm

Tbh rave master was so mediocre to me. I wish they would announce when the anime for fairy tail is green lit again to continue.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:34 am

Rave Master was alright but it shoulda gotten a ending instead of an ending that left the series wide open making you think there was more. Still heard about this recently and I ook forward to watching it later this year, or next year seeing how that time frame is prob for the sub version...
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 am

Natsuru-san wrote:Rave Master was alright but it shoulda gotten a ending instead of an ending that left the series wide open making you think there was more. Still heard about this recently and I ook forward to watching it later this year, or next year seeing how that time frame is prob for the sub version...

Did you ever read the manga? It had an ending.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 am

No and that doesn't surprise me seeing how so many animes never get an ending yet the manga does, why? Fruits Basket is a perfect example of this. And no I've not read the FB manga either but was told it continues the story though I have seen the FB anime. So since I'll prob never read the manga for Rave Master how does it end? Happy ending?
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:17 am

Natsuru-san wrote:No and that doesn't surprise me seeing how so many animes never get an ending yet the manga does, why? Fruits Basket is a perfect example of this. And no I've not read the FB manga either but was told it continues the story though I have seen the FB anime. So since I'll prob never read the manga for Rave Master how does it end? Happy ending?

Yeah happy end. In fact the anime only gets maybe halfway through the story at best. so The Rave master anime kinda sucks since it got cancelled right as it was about to reach the next major arc.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next