JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread

+8
MiniSiets
Deathfire123
bedheadred
DemonEyesJoe
Wampa
Doomguy
Mafiacow
Natsuru-san
12 posters

Go down

Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread Empty Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 am

*Note* If this thread would be better suited to the hall of elders, the off topic thread or else where then please move it to there and inform me however please wait to see where this thread goes first before doing so. Thanks.

Ever watched an anime and then it shows a woman's breasts some but it covers up her nipples with something like her hands, her hair, a light, a black bar or even some odd things like a symbol or an object or something? Ever watched an anime where the guy has no chest hair and doesn't have nipples? Ever watched an anime where it even covers up a woman's/man's private area? OF COURSE YOU HAVE!!! That is what we call censoring though odds are you already know all that. This thread is for us to talk about the problem that we're facing known as censoring and to try and figure out a way to rid the world of censoring. Yes I'm serious and your welcome to just talk about it if you like but if you can figure out ways to rid the world (or at least the internet) of censoring then please post em.

How baka is it that here we have a mature 17+/18+ etc. rating for adults only and we have to see the anime or even none anime and games censored? It's not just my opinion and I don't even need to say this but it is OVERLY BAKA! Some shows even are censored so bad that eps are banned or edited so bad that it's laughable and would even make you cry. Here recently I've seen more and more signs of censoring getting outta hand. Example the newest HDxD preview and even animes such as Kiss X Sis. Then there are the edits they make where they even go as far as to CHANGE a female character into a male character because their lesbians in the original Sub version or even make them cousins because their really lesbians in the original sub version. *I'm looking at you Sailor Moon anime* They also add clothing or objects etc. to an anime in order to censor it. There are even the bleeps in some shows where they TRY to bleep out the cuss words but sadly you can still make out what cuss word they said because you can still hear the beginning or end of the word enough to make it out so what is the point of adding the bleep if you can still make out the word?

Anyway as you can see this is getting more outta hand. Why should anything be censored when there's an age rating? If parents don't want their kids to see it then they should use the parental controls and so on. My point is even teens know, see and hear about adult stuff all the time, even the word sex kids hear and know about at a very early age. Way earlier than they should actually but anyway I'm getting off track. My point is we shouldn't have to be FORCED/TOLD what we can and cannot see/hear with what we watch/play when we're adults and yet that's exactly what's happening. The censoring, editing and so on is getting outta hand and I'm sure many of you agree with me. Why do we have censoring anyway when that's what the age rating is for? Oh such bakaness here. -_-

Well as I said this thread is for us to talk about the problem that we're facing known as censoring, editing and so on and to try and figure out a way to rid the world of censoring, editing and so on. Again yes I'm serious and your welcome to just talk about it if you like but if you can figure out ways to rid the world (or at least the internet) of censoring, editing and so on then please post em. Hey maybe that white house thing would work? you know the one where people even asked for a Doomsdays star to be made. So balls in your court people. Are we going to just sit by and let this keep happening or are we going to try and do something about it?
With that Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution begins NOW! >:)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread Empty Re: Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread

Post by Mafiacow Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:48 am

Yeah, started Deadman Wonderland a few days ago, and it annoys me how they censored the gore and stuff Razz
Mafiacow
Mafiacow
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread Empty Re: Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread

Post by Doomguy Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Well I think this falls more on the "editing" side of things but...

I find it annoying when an anime makes completely fake and unrealistic strides to remove any mention of death. For example instead of telling me how "last week's disaster in Tokyo caused injuries" how about telling me the truth that some insane explosion that is caused by the big bad guy actually kills people for a change?

Not all anime fit for something like this of course but the one's that are full of super-powered people that cause damage...well I expect someone to meet an untimely demise. Doesn't even have to be somebody, just a faceless character would do.

This is of course a painful attempt of nitpicking that for whatever reason I picked up. It's one of those things that I take notice of when watching any kind of media or book. Does the author take a realistic view of things or a "Disney" view?

If it's the later then I expect no higher then a PG rating. (Nothing wrong with that)
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 pm

I understand censorship in some animes that arent really meant to be overly gory or violent and so they take out some stuff but the one i remember that i thought was the weirdest was Mirai Nikki's random censoring put it in spoilers just in case
Spoiler:
but overall i just dont like censorship in general so anything censored annoys me atleast a bit
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm

some censorship is there for there lulz

then you have

Operation Censoring/editing discussion/solution thread 20120210223143!4Kids_Censors_by_Ko_Hana_Chan

DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:41 pm

It is my understanding that a lot of anime is censored when streamed in order to entice you to buy the DVD/blu-ray which is uncensored. It is a marketing gimmick.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm

I think I prefer censorship. That way you get more classy animes that know when to tease and when to please
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 am

The lack of nipples when breasts are exposed gets really annoying in a lot of shows. It just looks so awkward. At least cover it up with hair or something so it looks somewhat more natural, otherwise don't even waste my time.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:36 am

It annoys me when they censor panties.
In Koihime Musou, whenever panties were exposed a white light flew over them.
I understand because vaginas but come on, at least they are covered.

I also agree with Siets statement.
Lack of nipples when nothing is covering the breasts is just lazy.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:50 am

Maybe we should start a petition for more nipples and pantsu's.... ;D
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 pm

bedheadred wrote:It is my understanding that a lot of anime is censored when streamed in order to entice you to buy the DVD/blu-ray which is uncensored. It is a marketing gimmick.
Yeah that's what I've heard before but even then they censor DVDs. Just look at the Eva movie 2 we just watched. Just like the TV series those scenes were still censored dispite the movie coming from a DVD and even the site I watched the movie on had it censored. What's the point in buying a DVD for the uncensored version when your really just buying the censored version? Basically they LIE to us. -_-

Nonononoki wrote:Maybe we should start a petition for more nipples and pantsu's.... ;D
Uh you do realize that'd be pointless right? Then they'd just do even MORE censoring. No what we need is o do a petition to REMOVE censoring all together and other than that white house thing I mentioned in the first post I don't know where to begin and beats me how to get a petition like that started. Really censoring is just balka and should be done away with. What gives them the right to tell us what we can and cannot see? Esp when we're talking about restricting adults to what they can and cannot see.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:01 pm

I find the only shows that bother to censor are ones that at some point or another aired on TV, so there you go right there. Many OVAs (especially older ones) don't bother with much censorship if any, at least not in the obvious ways of blurred lines or boxes or whatever.

Honestly I'm rather ambivalent towards this. I dislike censorship on principle, but I couldn't care less about them covering or not covering up things. As long as the producer/creators aren't being forced to do it, I don't care, it's their prerogative.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:It annoys me when they censor panties.

I don't know what you're talking about.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 am

Valvatorez wrote:

Well I watched Koihime Musou online, and they censored the panties.
The panties Karma.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Well I watched Koihime Musou online, and they censored the panties.
The panties Karma.

Sucks for you, I send you downloads hahahahaha. Fun times.
And honestly, I only watch things that are actually natural and are meant supposed to be there. Stuff that gets in the way on purpose = not getting my attention.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah doesn't surprise me to read that Karma. Anyway Maddy has a point. While I haven't seen what she's talking about in that anime since I haven't seen it I do know that in Kiss X Sis one of the eps had Riko get wet and although they left the wet stain on her Kaita's pants they actually censored it or edited (Actually both if you ask me) the wet spot on her panties, it was covered and if their going to censor the panties area then they shoulda done the pants too but no, we can't do that because then what their saying won't make sense and the only option then is to edit what their saying but wait, this isn't a dub so we can't do that, ok, forget it, just leave the pants and censor the panties.

It didn't show anything but wet panty area for Pete's sake. -_-

Then there are other things that I know they censor despite having an adult age rating. Really this makes zero sense to me, esp when even the DVDs themselves are also censored a lot of times.

So, what are some of the censoring that ya'll have come across and did it bug you they censored it? (I foresee a raging Maddy post based on yuri scenes being censored coming)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Yeah doesn't surprise me to read that Karma. Anyway Maddy has a point. While I haven't seen what she's talking about in that anime since I haven't seen it I do know that in Kiss X Sis one of the eps had Riko get wet and although they left the wet stain on her Kaita's pants they actually censored it or edited (Actually both if you ask me) the wet spot on her panties, it was covered and if their going to censor the panties area then they shoulda done the pants too but no, we can't do that because then what their saying won't make sense and the only option then is to edit what their saying but wait, this isn't a dub so we can't do that, ok, forget it, just leave the pants and censor the panties.

It didn't show anything but wet panty area for Pete's sake. -_-

Then there are other things that I know they censor despite having an adult age rating. Really this makes zero sense to me, esp when even the DVDs themselves are also censored a lot of times.

So, what are some of the censoring that ya'll have come across and did it bug you they censored it? (I foresee a raging Maddy post based on yuri scenes being censored coming)

Japan does have some weird censorship laws, especially regarding nudity. Again, I dislike all censorship laws on principle, but I'm ambivalent towards this particular sort of thing, and if a private producer or distributor censors their own show it's their prerogative.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 pm

You people....... am I and a select group of people know where to actually find uncensored stuff on the net? Hahahaha.
The only thing I am waiting for to hit censors is real life, wait, that's what chastity belts are for.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 am

Valvatorez wrote:
You people....... am I and a select group of people know where to actually find uncensored stuff on the net? Hahahaha.
The only thing I am waiting for to hit censors is real life, wait, that's what chastity belts are for.

I can find uncensored stuff on the Internet as well.
You're not alone.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:59 pm

I can too but very rarely. You both must have a method/secret to finding it, would be nice to know. Wink

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong but most of the time you still have to wait till the DVD is released and then that uploaded to the web to find the uncensored version, right?
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down