JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One piece Discussion thread

+12
Ovyda
TheIllegalBiscuit
higurashi_conan
plantkingman
Bato
Supernatural Knight
baghost
Noobs
Sanji Wolfwood
LunarLexal
Pando
Metazoxan
16 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

One piece Discussion thread Empty One piece Discussion thread

Post by Metazoxan Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:39 am

I swear I'll make a thread of something nor nearly so main stream later but for now I decided to make this to balance out with the Bleach threads. BTW there is no need for a dissing thread as you are allowed to do both in this thread.

So I'll start by saying for those just following the anime what do you think of that dragon? It had what looked like a person sticking out of it's back. For those reading the manga you probably already know but no spoiler please.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

One piece Discussion thread Empty Re: One piece Discussion thread

Post by Pando Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:51 pm

I just want to say in regards to today's chapter seeing Zoro smile made me happy.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 pm

well, I don't read the manga, but in the anime the dragon looked too fat for its wings.
Spoiler:
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 am

Despite half of my username being dedicated to this show, I won't be able to participate in the discussions here since in the anime I just finished the Reverse Mountain Arc. Although in the manga I've read [sporadically] up until the end of the Alabasta arc, but I forgot most of that. Right now, outside of the Arlong Park Arc, the stories have all been decent. Nothing higher than a 6/10. Really love the crew though, and I can't wat to catch up to where the dub is in probably a few months.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm

Sanji Wolfwood wrote:Despite half of my username being dedicated to this show, I won't be able to participate in the discussions here since in the anime I just finished the Reverse Mountain Arc. Although in the manga I've read [sporadically] up until the end of the Alabasta arc, but I forgot most of that. Right now, outside of the Arlong Park Arc, the stories have all been decent. Nothing higher than a 6/10. Really love the crew though, and I can't wat to catch up to where the dub is in probably a few months.

I don't know how you can wait for the dubs. I couldn't, knowing that the anime continued in subs. I think that I actually prefer the subs of this, to the dubs. I didn't really like Luffy's voice.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Sanji Wolfwood wrote:Despite half of my username being dedicated to this show, I won't be able to participate in the discussions here since in the anime I just finished the Reverse Mountain Arc. Although in the manga I've read [sporadically] up until the end of the Alabasta arc, but I forgot most of that. Right now, outside of the Arlong Park Arc, the stories have all been decent. Nothing higher than a 6/10. Really love the crew though, and I can't wat to catch up to where the dub is in probably a few months.

I don't know how you can wait for the dubs. I couldn't, knowing that the anime continued in subs. I think that I actually prefer the subs of this, to the dubs. I didn't really like Luffy's voice.

I actually like the 4kids dub better. Now before you shoot me I don't mean the censorship....that sucked. But when the One piece on CN suddenly changed to the Funimation Luffy suddenly sounded like he was going through puberty or something. I didn't like it at all and thought Luffy's old voice was just fine. But going to the sub his sub voice is good to. I also went to sub long ago because I just couldn't wait. Subs come out every week for the most part while dubs come out in bulk month behind the sub.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 am

Metazoxan wrote:
I actually like the 4kids dub better. Now before you shoot me I don't mean the censorship....that sucked. But when the One piece on CN suddenly changed to the Funimation Luffy suddenly sounded like he was going through puberty or something. I didn't like it at all and thought Luffy's old voice was just fine. But going to the sub his sub voice is good to. I also went to sub long ago because I just couldn't wait. Subs come out every week for the most part while dubs come out in bulk month behind the sub.
4kids has a non-censoring dub? I didn't know that.

But yeah, for me it really depends on the anime. If the anime is still ongoing, then I'll watch it sub because I don't want to wait a month for the next batch of dubs.

Anyway, back to One Piece. Who's everyone's favorite Crew member? Favorite villain? or maybe a favorite background character, who isn't a part of the Strawhats? Or maybe favorite backstory?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 am

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

But yeah, for me it really depends on the anime. If the anime is still ongoing, then I'll watch it sub because I don't want to wait a month for the next batch of dubs.

Anyway, back to One Piece. Who's everyone's favorite Crew member? Favorite villain? or maybe a favorite background character, who isn't a part of the Strawhats? Or maybe favorite backstory?

No 4kids doesn't have an uncensored. What I mean was when I said I liked 4kids one piece that wasn't counting what they did in censorship.

Anyway my favorite crew member would have to be Robin. For favorite villain do former villains count? If so I'd say Boa hancock. I can't help but laugh at how overly attacked she is to Luffy. Which is why I'm kinda annoyed Luffy won't tap or even accept her advances. But I don't watch one piece for romance so in the end I guess it doesn't matter.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 am

Metazoxan wrote:
No 4kids doesn't have an uncensored. What I mean was when I said I liked 4kids one piece that wasn't counting what they did in censorship.

Anyway my favorite crew member would have to be Robin. For favorite villain do former villains count? If so I'd say Boa hancock. I can't help but laugh at how overly attacked she is to Luffy. Which is why I'm kinda annoyed Luffy won't tap or even accept her advances. But I don't watch one piece for romance so in the end I guess it doesn't matter.
My favorite Crew member would have to be Zoro. Yeah, I guess they would have to count, because they were villains at one point or another. For my favorite Villain, I think it would be the warden, from Impel down.

But don't you think that it fits his character? I think it's nice how they had luffy be totally uninterested in her. I think it's funny how she fell in love with im, knowing that he doesn't have any interest. Because as long as her powers don't work on him, than she as no chance.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:37 am

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

My favorite Crew member would have to be Zoro. Yeah, I guess they would have to count, because they were villains at one point or another. For my favorite Villain, I think it would be the warden, from Impel down.

But don't you think that it fits his character? I think it's nice how they had luffy be totally uninterested in her. I think it's funny how she fell in love with im, knowing that he doesn't have any interest. Because as long as her powers don't work on him, than she as no chance.

I didn't like the warden because he is one of those people who spouts the word justice around. All of the government guys who do that are protagonists who are either the most corrupt skum or are the most naive fool. That is also the one thing I like about Blackbeard. I hate what he did to Ace and Whitebeard but when that one guy in Impel down starts screaming about how "ACE IS EVIL AND I AM JUSTICE" he gives a speech about how you could go to the ends of the earth and never find an answer to what true justice is (Or it was something like that).
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 am

im amazed that they are surprised to see a dragon where they already met one before. its that dragon where there is this little girl who ate a devil fruit who can understand animals. i forgot the name of the dragon.

anyway, i cant input anything about this arc.
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:12 am

LunarLexal wrote:I don't know how you can wait for the dubs. I couldn't, knowing that the anime continued in subs. I think that I actually prefer the subs of this, to the dubs. I didn't really like Luffy's voice.

Well, it helps that I'm only on episode 63. Might change when I finally catch up, but I'm not watching anime as quickly as I once did due to the fact I started adding manga and games to my schedule. I tend to have a problem with subs though, a lot of the times, especially during action scenes, having to read the dialogue just takes me out of the show. I don't know why that is, but every experience I've had with subs have been like that. I'm more likely to just go with the manga. But I don't have any problem waiting, as I wouldn't watch if a whole arc isn't released, and I have plenty other animes to watch in the mean time.

I guess I'm in the minority about Luffy's voice here, I actually really like it better.

Metazoxan wrote:

I prefer Luffy's Funimation voice, but either way, I prefer Funimation's dub because I absolutely hate Sanji's voice in the 4Kids dub.

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Favoirte Crew member and character is Sanji by far. One of my favorite characters in anime so far. Favorite villain would be Captain Kuro, such a cool villain. Definitely the highlight of the Syrup Village arc for me. Arlong is a close second. I imagine once I get farther than where I am, I'll have much a different answer. Smoker if he counts actually. Favorite backstory is probably Nami, with Sanji as a close second.

Noobs wrote:im amazed that they are surprised to see a dragon where they already met one before. its that dragon where there is this little girl who ate a devil fruit who can understand animals. i forgot the name of the dragon.

Well, that arc is filler so . . . and the dragon's name was Grandpa Ryu from memory. Probably wouldn't have remembered that had I not seen it last week.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:14 am

Noobs wrote:im amazed that they are surprised to see a dragon where they already met one before. its that dragon where there is this little girl who ate a devil fruit who can understand animals. i forgot the name of the dragon.

Well that was filler. I guess when they wrote that filler the manga wasn't even close to the fire island part so they didn't know that a dragon was meant to be such a big deal. Then they got here and either forgot about seeing a dragon before or they wanted to follow the manga's reactions.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 pm

There's also the sea kings to consider to. The dragon is just a sea king who lives on land instead.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 pm

LunarLexal wrote:There's also the sea kings to consider to. The dragon is just a sea king who lives on land instead.

Was this stated? If not then it isn't true. The sea kings were much bigger than that dragon and also they were fish. The dragon was a flying lizard that breathed fire. Unless this was stated then they are completely different.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Was this stated? If not then it isn't true. The sea kings were much bigger than that dragon and also they were fish. The dragon was a flying lizard that breathed fire. Unless this was stated then they are completely different.

Well, obviously they're going to be different. The land and sea are two different environmental. When I said that the dragon was like a sea king was the fact that they're both mythical beasts.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:35 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Well, obviously they're going to be different. The land and sea are two different environmental. When I said that the dragon was like a sea king was the fact that they're both mythical beasts.
Just because they are mystical beasts doesn't make them anything alike. You said that "The dragon is just a sea king who lives on land instead." that is saying that they are exactly the same species. But one is a fish while the other is a lizard. Also there is no indication that the sea kings are mystical in any way. Sure they are HUGE but just being big fish doesn't put them into the same classification as a dragon.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I guess I could have stated that better.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by baghost Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 am

Favorite zoro
villain crocodile

baghost
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 am

Metazoxan wrote:

Finally someone else that thinks like me, personally I preferred the 4kids dub more than Funi's one too. Some of the Funi voices are just horrible as you said about Luffy's sounding like he is going through puberty. Although in all honesty I had only seen about 25 4kids dub and I have only really searched vocal samples from Funi's version so I might be a bit biased here.
But the order for me definitely goes Sub>4Kids dub>Funi dub, I just can't rank the manga.

Now about favourites, Chopper is my favourite crew member as he is just too good of a character. Almost everything he says makes me smile and I did find his backstory legitimately sad which I only really felt for Robin too.
Favourite villain I choose Mr 2 as he was stupidly awesome and it looked like he was going to join Luffy's crew at one stage. I still hope that he somehow managed to survive despite pissing off the warden severely and being trapped. After all something I've learnt from this show is don't assume anyone is dead unless it is 100% guaranteed and shown [such as Pell in Alabasta when he was supposed to have sacrificed himself to protect the town.]
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:02 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
Now about favourites, Chopper is my favourite crew member as he is just too good of a character. Almost everything he says makes me smile and I did find his backstory legitimately sad which I only really felt for Robin too.
Favourite villain I choose Mr 2 as he was stupidly awesome and it looked like he was going to join Luffy's crew at one stage. I still hope that he somehow managed to survive despite pissing off the warden severely and being trapped. After all something I've learnt from this show is don't assume anyone is dead unless it is 100% guaranteed and shown [such as Pell in Alabasta when he was supposed to have sacrificed himself to protect the town.]
Alright, hang on. Just to be clear, is Mr 2 the candle wax guy or the Swan dude?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:12 am

LunarLexal wrote:
Supernatural Knight wrote:
Alright, hang on. Just to be clear, is Mr 2 the candle wax guy or the Swan dude?

Swan dude. The candle guy was Mr.3
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

Thanks.

@ Super
I didn't really like that dude, I couldn't stand his outfit, but after the Impel down arc I think he got a little bit better. However, The Straw hats already have a person who fights by kicking. Sure, he has a useful power, but I don't think he should be a part of the crew. Maybe only as an ally, but not an actual member. Besides, he has his own crew.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Thanks.

@ Super
I didn't really like that dude, I couldn't stand his outfit, but after the Impel down arc I think he got a little bit better. However, The Straw hats already have a person who fights by kicking. Sure, he has a useful power, but I don't think he should be a part of the crew. Maybe only as an ally, but not an actual member. Besides, he has his own crew.

You got to give him credit for being the only Transvestite in the show to not be ugly as sin. I mean even when he had the swan outfit he wasn't as bad as most of those other Okama or whatever it was they were called.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

You got to give him credit for being the only Transvestite in the show to not be ugly as sin. I mean even when he had the swan outfit he wasn't as bad as most of those other Okama or whatever it was they were called.
That's exactly why I said that after the Impel down arc (Where it has a whole organization of crossdressing dudes) He got a little better. Because, after all the other ugly "Okamas", I realized that he could have been worse.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next