JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

steins;gate discussion thread.

+8
Lelouch Britannia
LunarLexal
Belsfir
Doomguy
Deathfire123
MiniSiets
Blazer
Kamn
12 posters

Go down

steins;gate discussion thread.  Empty steins;gate discussion thread.

Post by Kamn Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 pm

So I'm right now finishing the last touches of S;G. This place will be for anything S;G, such as the new movie coming out soon ..... What a Face

I just hope it is going to be as good or if not better then the show!
Kamn
Kamn
Gillian

Male Posts : 92

Back to top Go down

steins;gate discussion thread.  Empty Re: steins;gate discussion thread.

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 pm

It better be or a lot of pissed fans will throw jelly bananas at them!

Great show, high expectations for the movies.
(love the avatar)
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 am

From my experience so far, anime movies have been kinda rocky. And by that I mean the pacing is often somewhat erratic and the story tends to suffer a bit whenever a studio comes off directly from making a series and then tries to adapt a movie of it. It's like they can't entirely adjust themselves to the new medium. There's also the issue to consider that this movie is no longer based on the visual novel whereas the series had the VN's story to follow. Since this is all original material, the studio could easily mess it up and create some nasty plot holes. On the plus side, White Fox already did an epilogue OVA that wasn't based on any VN material either and it was still pretty solid, so I have some confidence in them that they can still pull this movie off. I just don't know what's left of the story to cover because where the OVA left us off it seems like every single loose end was tied up.

EDIT: Also moved to Sci-fi forum.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:43 am

Well I definitely enjoyed the VN more than the anime (and I adored the anime).

The only thing the anime didn't cover were Suzuha, Faris, Ruka, and Mayuri's endings, along with a spoiler-y backstory of a character in the game. So the movie most likely won't be based on anything from the VN
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Steins Gate is a really fun thinking anime. Proves you don't need excessive fanservice or action to be good. After really enjoying it's predecessor (not really related) Chaos Head, Steins Gate nearly perfects the formula.

Definitely one of my new favorite shows these past years.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Deathfire123 wrote:Well I definitely enjoyed the VN more than the anime (and I adored the anime).

The only thing the anime didn't cover were Suzuha, Faris, Ruka, and Mayuri's endings, along with a spoiler-y backstory of a character in the game. So the movie most likely won't be based on anything from the VN
It's already confirmed that the movie will not be based on the VN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-07/steins-gate-film-titled-slated-for-spring
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Belsfir Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Huh, Didn't hear anything about the movie until now. Release date?
Belsfir
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:05 pm

MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am

I heard about this movie, but other than that I had no other info. Thanks Mini.

Also, I'm a big fan of this anime. I can't wait for the movie.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Britannia Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 pm

I enjoyed it. I didn't know about the movie either. I'll have to watch it latter.
Lelouch Britannia
Lelouch Britannia
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 am

Just awesome.... Neutral ... Smile .... Laughing ... Shocked ... affraid ... Crying or Very sad ... steins;gate discussion thread.  Animat10 ....steins;gate discussion thread.  FuckYouFlamingSkull (F* you Time!)... cheers

(Chronological order of various emotions felt while watching Steins;Gate)

(oh yeah I heard of another one {manga or anime?} that will have the main character from Chaos;Head receiving a d-mail.... Question )
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 am

Jaysp656 wrote:(oh yeah I heard of another one {manga or anime?} that will have the main character from Chaos;Head receiving a d-mail while working on a new mecha.... Question )
There, fixed it for ya, to include the latest installment of the "series" (if one can call it that).

Jokes aside, I too am very interested in what the movie will be all about - not many loose ends left after the OVA...
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 am

MiniSiets wrote:From my experience so far, anime movies have been kinda rocky. And by that I mean the pacing is often somewhat erratic and the story tends to suffer a bit whenever a studio comes off directly from making a series and then tries to adapt a movie of it. It's like they can't entirely adjust themselves to the new medium. There's also the issue to consider that this movie is no longer based on the visual novel whereas the series had the VN's story to follow. Since this is all original material, the studio could easily mess it up and create some nasty plot holes. On the plus side, White Fox already did an epilogue OVA that wasn't based on any VN material either and it was still pretty solid, so I have some confidence in them that they can still pull this movie off. I just don't know what's left of the story to cover because where the OVA left us off it seems like every single loose end was tied up.

EDIT: Also moved to Sci-fi forum.

But Okabe you are forgetting about your dreams with your hand turning into
Spoiler:
That right there is something that was never answered in the anime. Also I'm sure there was soemthing else too. I mean it's a detail that your forgetting, time, world lines and so on. Yes there could very well be more. I believe there was something to do with what I just said but sadly the organization must have made me forget it somehow.

Also on this note I found a certain subbed version of the trailer so for anyone who wants to see it. http://justdubsrefuge.omgforum.net/t346-steinsgate-film-slated-for-april-20
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:31 am

I was watching the movie Back To the Future and it just struck me how similar it was to Steins gate. Not the same of course, but with the whole go back in the past save the future kind of vibe. That was pretty cool.

I'm satisfied with how Steins Gate ended. It answered more question then most shows I've seen. I'm not really picky when it comes to answers though.
I have a built in mindset when it come to what I call "show logic".

No information at all= Crazy anime defies all logic
Too much information= Crazy what the heck is going on here?

Steins Gate pushes it to the informative but not in overdose.

(Oh I don't prefer any it's just how I categorize anime sometimes)
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Satisfied? Dear sir no you can't be? No you must be refering to the 24th ep's ending right? If so they could have ended it there but made a 25th episode which is the sequal and I'M not satisfied with how it ended. Nope and I want MOAR S;G. Dat movie can't get here soon enough. QUICK! Anyone with a time machine record the movie and go back in time and HAND it to them so they can release it sooner! XD Sadly I'm not sure if I'm joking or not. Lol.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Satisfied? Dear sir no you can't be? No you must be refering to the 24th ep's ending right? If so they could have ended it there but made a 25th episode which is the sequal and I'M not satisfied with how it ended. Nope and I want MOAR S;G. Dat movie can't get here soon enough. QUICK! Anyone with a time machine record the movie and go back in time and HAND it to them so they can release it sooner! XD Sadly I'm not sure if I'm joking or not. Lol.

You should watch Robotics;Notes. Not directly related but still sciency and awesome.

Also
Spoiler:
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:Satisfied? Dear sir no you can't be? No you must be refering to the 24th ep's ending right? If so they could have ended it there but made a 25th episode which is the sequal and I'M not satisfied with how it ended. Nope and I want MOAR S;G. Dat movie can't get here soon enough. QUICK! Anyone with a time machine record the movie and go back in time and HAND it to them so they can release it sooner! XD Sadly I'm not sure if I'm joking or not. Lol.

You should watch Robotics;Notes. Not directly related but still sciency and awesome.

Also
Spoiler:

Thanks for telling me what was in the spoiler. Btw that anime is already on my to watch lsit along with Chaos;Head. 8) But when I'll get to watching them is something I don't know. Quick! To the time machine future me so I'll know when I'll get to it. Wait then I'd spoil it for myself. Hahahahaha
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:04 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:

Also
Spoiler:

Thanks for telling me what was in the spoiler. Btw that anime is already on my to watch lsit along with Chaos;Head. Cool But when I'll get to watching them is something I don't know. Quick! To the time machine future me so I'll know when I'll get to it. Wait then I'd spoil it for myself. Hahahahaha

Thats why its there, its the eternal choice whether or not you want to spoil yourself less no one but you can be blamed for spoiling it.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:

Also
Spoiler:

Thanks for telling me what was in the spoiler. Btw that anime is already on my to watch lsit along with Chaos;Head. Cool But when I'll get to watching them is something I don't know. Quick! To the time machine future me so I'll know when I'll get to it. Wait then I'd spoil it for myself. Hahahahaha

Thats why its there, its the eternal choice whether or not you want to spoil yourself less no one but you can be blamed for spoiling it.
lol!
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down