JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thread watching and new reply notifications

2 posters

Go down

thread watching and new reply notifications Empty thread watching and new reply notifications

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 am

Can someone please enlighten me, how do I subscribe to threads I reply to by default, but without receiving an e-mail every time a new reply is posted? The settings in the control panel seem to be quite different from what I'm used to, and so my monkey brain is at a total loss here... lol
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

thread watching and new reply notifications Empty Re: thread watching and new reply notifications

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 am

Bagman, what is that supposed to mean? I already figured out how to add thread subscriptions, but it has to be done manually w/ each thread and once the threads are "watched" there will be an email notification when there are new posts (well it's one email for all replies till you check the thread, but if it's a thread you post in regularly those e-mails add up quick) - what I'm wondering is if it's possible for every thread I post in to automatically become"watched", but without me getting e-mails on new posts in it. Kinda like how it was in the old forum if you selected subscribe by default and combined that w/ "no email notifications"... Does that make sense?
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

thread watching and new reply notifications Empty Re: thread watching and new reply notifications

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 am

To turn it off. Profile, then preferences.

The field will say:

Always notify me of replies : [] Yes [] No
(Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post)
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:28 am

Spor, that's the first thing I tried - it's set to "No" for no email notifications, yet I still get those emails as long as a thread is watched... Heck I just got one about your post now, and I've had the emails turned off in the preferences since yesterday...
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:29 am

If it was something you posted in before you fixed that setting you might have to go back in the thread, edit your post and uncheck "Notify me when a reply is posted."

Edit: And try removing watched topics from the link Anal posted.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 am

Tried that too, it does stop the emails but it also removes the tread subscription altogether... As in, the thread becomes no longer "watched".
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:34 am

Well I was trying to have some threads I post in more often "bookmarked" in a sense so I can find them easier, is that not what "watching" the threads does?
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:36 am

Hmm, weird. I'll look into that. In the mean time you'll have to either bookmark your topics of interest or manually look every time. Or until I fix it you could always change your email address in your profile to something random and get watched topics without the annoying emails.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:43 am

Oh, it's not really bugging me, I don't have that many topics that I can't keep track of them yet - I was just wondering if it's some bug in the system or I'm just too much of a moron, lol.

On a side note, do you care if I run the readhead game for you? I figured you're already busy w/ other tasks, and I even updated the bracket for next stage... If you don't want my help w/ it that's fine, I won't get offended, haha!
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 am

Paper Tiger wrote:Oh, it's not really bugging me, I don't have that many topics that I can't keep track of them yet - I was just wondering if it's some bug in the system or I'm just too much of a moron, lol.

On a side note, do you care if I run the readhead game for you? I figured you're already busy w/ other tasks, and I even updated the bracket for next stage... If you don't want my help w/ it that's fine, I won't get offended, haha!

Keiichi kinda of already asked. You could always PM him and see if he needs help with anything.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down