JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeware Games

+4
CreaminFreeman
Ginger7327
Doomguy
Jaysp656
8 posters

Go down

Freeware Games Empty Freeware Games

Post by Jaysp656 Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:36 pm

I thought it would be fun to share the freeware games that I know of. Feel free to do the same. (Might be Windows only for some games)

1. Slender: The Eight Pages - This is the original Slender game. it is a simple fps game where you only have a flashlight and the goal is to collect 8 pages befor getting caught by Slenderman
Slendy:

2. Slenderman's Shadow (will include link soon) - Based off Slender: The Eight Pages, this series of maps same gameplay style.
Current Version & Demo (2 free maps)

Older version maps (Mega Download Links)

Sanatorium V14 - 8/8 pages
Hospice V13 - 8/8 pages
Elementary - Find 8 of 9 Teddy Bears and Escape
Claustrophobia V11 - Find the 1 out of 10 keys that opens door to garden maze
Mansion - 12 household objects and three different floors. You have to find the keys to get to the next floor.
7th Street V11 - 8/8 Pages
Prison - 8/8 Photos The hardest (almost unbeatable) map of all. AI is different

3. SCP: Containment Breach - Some aspects are similar to Slender but this game is still being developed. It only recently had an ending added to it. It has way more things in it than just something similar to Slender Twisted Evil . Try going here to see where the game stemmed from.

4. Build and Shoot - This is basically the old version of the recently commercial-ed game, Ace of Spades. Minecraft with guns, nuff said.

5. Ao Oni - Fairly well known old-style looking rpg horror game. Save when you can!
Blue Guy and what he is thinking:

6. Paranormal Beta 7 - Free beta version of the Paranormal game that is on Desura and Steam Greenlight. You are basically in a haunted house where random things happen. The beta is of course not as complete as the released version.

7. Ib - Awesome rpg game

8. Witch's House - RPG similar to Ib

9. Mad Father - Most recently made by the same guy who made Misao, Witch's House, and Ib

10. Misao - First rpg made by vgperson (also can find all of their other games on their site)

11. Mari0 - A mix between Mario and Portal

12. Marathon Trilogy - Three old fps games that Bungie released as freeware. Precursor to Halo.

13. Dream Of The Blood Moon - Horror with witches. Kind of similar to Amnesia: The Dark Descent

14. Labyrinth - Surpringly awesome indie horror game. Feels a lot like Amnesia with a mix of Slender or Evie. Made by a couple of students, totally worth checking out and will make your heart pumping for sure.

15. The Real Slender: Haunt - a newer Slender spin-off game

16. Barrels!!: The Game - Slender-like game with Pewdiepie references. Barrels are the enemy!

17. Imscared: A Pixelated Nightmare - does some very unique things from what I've heard.

18.Cat Mario - Mario-styled game that pulls out every trick in the book.

19. Which - A very short 3D horror game.

20. I Wanna Be The Guy - I actually don't know anything about this but CreaminFreeman suggested it.

21. Canvas Rider - a cool in-browser game were you do bicycle tricks on drawings.

22. Happy Wheels - Similar to Canvas Rider but better graphics and more gruesome

23. The Suffering - The player controls Torque, a man who has been sent to Abbott State Penitentiary on Carnate Island, Maryland. Torque has been convicted and sentenced to death for murdering his ex-wife and two children, although he claims to have blacked out at the time this happened and cannot remember anything. The night Torque arrives, there is a powerful earthquake, which releases an army of monsters upon the facility..... how convenient.

24. Yume Nikki - another rpg similar to Ib (though not by the same creator)

25. Erie - A horror game where the monster knows where you are almost the entire time. (If you don't want Desura: click Install Game then click Standalone Downoads)

26. SCP-087 - An endless stairway....(Inspiration was from the same place as SCP: Containment Breach)

27. SCP-087-B - a small experimental horror game loosely based on SCP-087. You find yourself inside a set of randomly generated dark hallways and staircases with something lurking below you, and the only way you can go is deeper into the darkness. How deep can you go?

28. Quake Epsilon - A remake of Quake. (Doomguy showed me this. Might need Quake to run)

29. Grief Syndrome - RPG/H&S/Platformer that has some connections to Puella Magi Madoka Magica (anime)

30. OpenTyrian - a port of the DOS shoot-em-up Tyrian.

31. Slenderman's Army - A small game made in RPGMaker that has some similar elements to Slender (searching for pages) but also incorporates the look and feel of a quick rpg game. Beware! Slender is not the only monster on the map...

(there are more that I know of, but I'll stop here for now. PM me or post here if you have any problems with them)OpenTyrian

Last edited by Jaysp656 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 am; edited 47 times in total
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Freeware Games Empty Re: Freeware Games

Post by Doomguy Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Nice thanks for the links
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:30 am

I have recently become addicting to the flash version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Only some of the charaters are available with some characters that were not in the Wii release, such as Naruto, Ichigo, and Goku. Fun game, you should check it out.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by CreaminFreeman Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:11 pm

You should provided a link for the game called I Wanna be the Guy.
CreaminFreeman
CreaminFreeman
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 pm

You want a free game? Ok I'll give you one of the best imo. De music, story and game play are top notch. >:)

HOLDOVER

Will you stay with Marie till the end? >:)

I will add another great game later, possibly, maybe, we'll see. Hehe. :)

EDIT: A warning about HOLDOVER. If your not a fan of seeing the reaction on a girl's face as she's drowning then don't play this game. Also another warning. It contains nudity and blood. The blood has an option to turn it off so you won't see it but the nudity you will see. You've been warned and even still I say you should play this amazing free game. :)

Final Edit: So sorry I forgot to say this but you'll need WinRar to extract the files and to play the game. Sorry I forgot.

Last edited by Natsuru-san on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 am

Okay, I added download links for Misao, Witch's House, Ib, Slenderman's Shadow (demo), Old Slenderman's Shadow maps, and Mad Father

Misao and the old Slenderman's Shadow are links to the download,

The other's either link directly to the official website or (for now at least) some webpages that are on Pewdiepie's (youtuber) website that contain the downloads for the games.
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Mari0 is a fun game. This is a spin off of the classic Mario game but with portal guns. Much more fun with more people though.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:Mari0 is a fun game. This is a spin off of the classic Mario game but with portal guns. Much more fun with more people though.

Darn you Ginger! I was just about to add that before I saw your post!

Updated list to include several more! lol!
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Jaysp656 wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:Mari0 is a fun game. This is a spin off of the classic Mario game but with portal guns. Much more fun with more people though.

Darn you Ginger! I was just about to add that before I saw your post!

Updated list to include several more! lol!

Haha, Very Happy
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 pm

CreaminFreeman wrote:You should provided a link for the game called I Wanna be the Guy.
Yes! Great game. A lot of references and hard as hell. I think I've only beaten 3 of the bosses. I hate that im stuck on dracula.

Link

I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game is a sardonic loveletter to the halcyon days of early American videogaming, packaged as a nail-rippingly difficult platform adventure. Players fill the role of The Kid, a youthful, vaguely Megaman-esque protagonist on a quest to become The Guy. This inscrutable plot, however, is just a vehicle for a wide variety of inventive, well-designed and frustrating jump-and-shoot challenges that pay homage to many of the games you loved as a child. The ever-fragile Kid explodes in a shower of red pixels at the slightest brush from the game's many obstacles, from traditional spikes and bottomless pits to more unconventional killers, such as plantlife and puzzle pieces.

Using a multiroute layout not unlike a Metroidvania, the game grants a degree of deadly exploration, without those extraneous upgades meant to make life easier. The game provides players with a choice in terms of their deathrate, thanks to a variable difficulty setting that changes the number of save points from frequent to nonexistent. IWBTG is open to all players; knowledge of videogaming history is optional, and may not help against the frequently ironic and always sadistic deathtraps located herein. And so, the question is left up to you...

Do YOU have what it takes to be The Guy?
-- As Written by Forum Member Finale

Last edited by Shadow_Links on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 am

Okay, I've added ten more to the first post (including I Wanna Be The Guy)

It now includes games 19-28

Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 am

I forgot to mention one of the most influential shoot em up games of the last decade. Tyrian has you in the role of a highly customizable fighter that can vaporize your oppositon over multiple planets and space. Has a light story that can be humorous and the altered corporate names can't be missed. (Microsol.....hmm. Beerwieser....hmmm)

The creator is kind enough to re-release the game freely now and with it the source code. OpenTyrian is the result and now you can play it on Windows, Mac, your phone, and other devices.

Here is the link to OpenTyrian. http://code.google.com/p/opentyrian/
Remember to change the settings in game to suit your play style! Slow the speed down if you can't keep up the pace or turbo it if you can manage!

A video of Tyrian in action
Spoiler:
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:19 am

Cool
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LEDlump Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 am

Minetest - A Minecraft clone that is not in Java and it runs on Windows and Linux
Warzone 2100 - A RTS that has been freeware and developed by the Warzone 2100 community since 2005.
Assault Cube
Vdrift - A cross platform racing game.
0AD - Free RTS that's kinda like AoE Very Happy
Pingus
FreeOrion - Fun, but might crash after 300 or so turns.
Command and Conquer Classic - Free C&C Woot!
Reloaded - All Freeware RPGs.
It's Reloaded again! - Strategy Games.
LEDlump
LEDlump
Shinigami

Male Posts : 109
Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

LEDlump wrote:Minetest - A Minecraft clone that is not in Java and it runs on Windows and Linux
Warzone 2100 - A RTS that has been freeware and developed by the Warzone 2100 community since 2005.
Assault Cube
Vdrift - A cross platform racing game.
0AD - Free RTS that's kinda like AoE Very Happy
Pingus
FreeOrion - Fun, but might crash after 300 or so turns.
Command and Conquer Classic - Free C&C Woot!
Reloaded - All Freeware RPGs.
It's Reloaded again! - Strategy Games.

I want to thank you for the Minetest mention. You see I have a very poor computer that runs minecraft very slow and laggy. I tried out Minetest though and it runs much better so far! Granted I have not gotten very far I can still tell it is very stable on my cpu. This will hold off my building obsession until I get a new rig.

So thanks a lot for the mention! alien
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by LEDlump Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 am

Doomguy wrote:

I want to thank you for the Minetest mention. You see I have a very poor computer that runs minecraft very slow and laggy. I tried out Minetest though and it runs much better so far! Granted I have not gotten very far I can still tell it is very stable on my cpu. This will hold off my building obsession until I get a new rig.

So thanks a lot for the mention! alien
Lol, Doomguy. Minetest'll run on some older stuff, but it doesn't have anywhere near as much content as Minecraft yet. I'm glad to have been helpful to you and if all else fails you can always go outside and get sticks, twigs, rocks, dirt, seeds, glass, etc and build small structures along with a variety of other things that's only limited by what you have, the local environment, your creativity and patience. If you're more of a recluse and singe in the sunlight you can always use lots of broken electronics xD
LEDlump
LEDlump
Shinigami

Male Posts : 109
Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:35 am

Updated first post to include

Grief Syndrome

(Recommended by Roy Blue)

http://justdubsrefuge.omgforum.net/t583-freeware-games#27528
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:22 am

The Quake Epsilon link doesn't work. I get an Error 404.

That Mari0 game looked epic though as did the Build & Shoot game, before "Ace of Spades" became commercial. I'm further impressed that Jagex actually made Ace of Spades. I guess I can't hate Jagex completely now.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down