JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Diamond in the rough" discussion

+10
Sir Maddy
Supernatural Knight
Kusanagi
MacMeaties
Natsuru-san
DemonEyesJoe
Doomguy
Shogun13
uallandme
Metazoxan
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Diamond in the rough" discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: "Diamond in the rough" discussion

Post by Wampa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 am

for me it was one of the common ones here Madoka, i watched the first episode in my anime club and at the opening i thought about how this looked like a stupid regular magical girl anime, then i randomly decided to watch it and found out how misleading the opening actually is
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

"Diamond in the rough" discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: "Diamond in the rough" discussion

Post by MacMeaties Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 am

Sir Maddy wrote:Regarding Sakurasou.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Agreed on Freezing. If you can look past the fact they managed to squeeze more ecchi out of an already ecchi manga the story is very good. Manga is great we need a second season that only has the manga levels of ecchi.
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 am

MacMeaties wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:Regarding Sakurasou.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I suddenly like Shiina now, because she's like me.

Oh, and just so you know, just because I've mentioned her, doesn't mean I've watched the Anime.
Because honestly, I haven't watched Sakurasou.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by IloveHolo Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:24 pm

My "Diamond in the Rough" would probably be Strike Witches. I was expecting something mildly entertaining, but nothing more. I mean, the cover is a bunch of girls flying around in panties with guns. Turns out that the action scenes, plot, and even emotion were all quite well-crafted. I ended up enjoying the series quite a bit.
IloveHolo
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Persona 4 was better than I expected.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm

#1 Kiddy Grade - agreed w/ what was said that its backstory was a bit too deep for the run time allocated for the show, but still I think it was great.

#2 Scrapped Princess - any time you mix magic and technology you have the potential for a complete disaster-piece, however this show ain't one. Well it may be a bit slow at first but it does work out quite well in the end, and most importantly most everything in it made sense.

#3 Pumpkin Scissors - kinda WW1 themed, but not really. I found it quite interesting, lots of mystery all around. Needs a 2nd season badly, too bad it will never happen.

#4 The Third (the girl with the blue eye) - the concept of a girl roaming the wastelands in her AI tank seemed kinda uninspiring at first, but it turned out a very pleasant anime. Leaves some plot holes but whatever, overall it felt nice and complete.

#5 Wolf's Rain - I knew how this one ends (seen the last eps on Adult swim IIRC) so I wasn't too excited about watching the whole thing, in fact I put it off for like a whole year. Then bit the bullet and watched it, and it was quite good. Some things didn't make much sense, but overall I was pretty happy w/ it. Well, except for the ending, I really should have stopped watching after episode #26.
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2