JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOS brigade discussion sub secton?

5 posters

Go down

SOS brigade discussion sub secton? Empty SOS brigade discussion sub secton?

Post by Metazoxan Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:22 pm

I remember that when we were talking about redoing the layout of the JD forums we there was talk about an SOS brigade discussion section or a threads for SOS brigade discussions to go in so that clubs didn't get burried under their own activities. Well could we try adding that but make it a sub section in the SOS brigade? It would be nice if club events were seperate from the club thread but not all the way in the asylum or something.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

SOS brigade discussion sub secton? Empty Re: SOS brigade discussion sub secton?

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:29 pm

It would be practical if we were on the old forum with the old activity we used to have. But considering the section is pretty clean right now I'm not sure making a sub section of SOS Events would be practical.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

I second this idea. I would certainly keep the section cleaner anyways and with all the nonsense in the asylum, club activities would get covered in crap.
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 pm

- The Rose - wrote:I second this idea. I would certainly keep the section cleaner anyways and with all the nonsense in the asylum, club activities would get covered in crap.

Votes and stuff like that still go in the Sleeping Forest. Which is still practically topic-less.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Sporadic wrote:It would be practical if we were on the old forum with the old activity we used to have. But considering the section is pretty clean right now I'm not sure making a sub section of SOS Events would be practical.

Yes but both my club and the new release club are planning to start new discussions soon so it won't stay clean for long. We already know how it is eventually going to turn out so why not make the section now? It won't make the forum more difficult to navigate and it will encourage people to check out the actual club threads and maybe help more people join.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by RyujinKiryuu Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Yes but both my club and the new release club are planning to start new discussions soon so it won't stay clean for long. We already know how it is eventually going to turn out so why not make the section now? It won't make the forum more difficult to navigate and it will encourage people to check out the actual club threads and maybe help more people join.

I agree because this idea makes sense and the statement I quoted is true. Cool

Edite: further more this forum is supposed to be temporary, so it really won't matter in the long run if you simply make the sub section.
and from experience I know its not that hard to do this, maybe ten clicks max to make it.

(yes I have used this forums CMS before and am very familiar with it.)
RyujinKiryuu
RyujinKiryuu
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Sporadic wrote:
- The Rose - wrote:I second this idea. I would certainly keep the section cleaner anyways and with all the nonsense in the asylum, club activities would get covered in crap.

Votes and stuff like that still go in the Sleeping Forest. Which is still practically topic-less.

i was thinking more along the lines of implementing this in the permanent forum, not here. seems pointless here but the new forum may need it after awhile
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm

- The Rose - wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

i was thinking more along the lines of implementing this in the permanent forum, not here. seems pointless here but the new forum may need it after awhile

Exactly I'm kinda thinking of this tempt forum as a testing ground for a few ideas. We can mess around with a few topics or sections and see how they work out and then settle on something for the permanent forum.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 pm

RyujinKiryuu wrote:and from experience I know its not that hard to do this, maybe ten clicks max to make it.

Yes, a lot of us are aware of how beginner level the acp is here. I have almost 5 years experience using it.

The SOS brigade has 12 threads right now. The section won't go to a second page until it reaches 50 threads. Implementing the sub section for means of organization is not yet needed.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Sporadic wrote:
RyujinKiryuu wrote:and from experience I know its not that hard to do this, maybe ten clicks max to make it.

Yes, a lot of us are aware of how beginner level the acp is here. I have almost 5 years experience using it.

The SOS brigade has 12 threads right now. The section won't go to a second page until it reaches 50 threads. Implementing the sub section for means of organization is not yet needed.

That isn't the point. We know it will be needed eventually either one here or more likely on the new forum. So we might as well start organizing it that way now. We know that it will be needed sooner or later so why not set it up that way from the start instead of having to relocate threads once it gets too crowded?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

That isn't the point. We know it will be needed eventually either one here or more likely on the new forum. So we might as well start organizing it that way now. We know that it will be needed sooner or later so why not set it up that way from the start instead of having to relocate threads once it gets too crowded?
let them be meta, if they want to make more work for themselves later on; it's not our problem really
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 am

No harm in opening the section now I guess. Even if we don't need it for organizational purposes. All set.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:54 am

I don't understand why we didn't just move the Sleeping Forest into the SOS Brigade as a subcategory to begin with, seeing as it is all club-related content.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 am

awesome. thanks guys now we can better organize clubs and club events
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down