JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "League of Legends" Club

+21
Roy Blue
Wampa
Severus
L3GION
Sporadic
Ginger7327
Jaysp656
Konata Izumi
Innocentowl
Kyoujin
Betapocalypse
Crazy Potato
BK-201
Hatless
DemonEyesJoe
Kelandis
MrYoSo901
ladyalchemist85
Enigma
MiniSiets
Kusanagi
25 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The "League of Legends" Club - Page 10 Empty Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kusanagi Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 pm

Imagination wrote:Looking for an alternative for ranked games in support and jung then. I mainly try to go maokai, jarvan, or jax (haven't done a whole lot of jax jung though). As for support, someone who's as good as taric or at least counters him. I have sona and soraka but I just don't play them well enough to help in a fight when I get ganked or if we gank.

You seem to like tankier junglers with strong ganks, so Volibear would probably be better than Hecarim. I don't think he's a perfect fit, but he's close. As for supports, you can't really counter a Taric lane since he's so strong in the laning phase (well, that's how he was pre-nerf). Usually just playing passive and safe and waiting for Taric's weaker team fight stage is how I handle him, or take Alistar and Headbutt the enemy AD away if Taric tries to stun your AD (and if he focuses you, you can fight since you're tanky). I don't think Lulu would be good since her harass could get healed out, and if you get stunned you can get bursted down easy. Janna could work if you peel well enough by like Tornadoing the enemy AD as they try to take advantage of stun. You'll need to be wary of getting bursted down yourself though.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 pm

Kusanagi wrote:You seem to like tankier junglers with strong ganks, so Volibear would probably be better than Hecarim. I don't think he's a perfect fit, but he's close. As for supports, you can't really counter a Taric lane since he's so strong in the laning phase (well, that's how he was pre-nerf). Usually just playing passive and safe and waiting for Taric's weaker team fight stage is how I handle him, or take Alistar and Headbutt the enemy AD away if Taric tries to stun your AD (and if he focuses you, you can fight since you're tanky). I don't think Lulu would be good since her harass could get healed out, and if you get stunned you can get bursted down easy. Janna could work if you peel well enough by like Tornadoing the enemy AD as they try to take advantage of stun. You'll need to be wary of getting bursted down yourself though.

Well I was going to decide between voli and hec for jung but I thought hec would be the better option. I haven't seen the nerf to him unless it's from the items because he still seems like a better close gapper then voli is. Voli's run thing is just too slow sometimes and ends up being wasted where hec still has his ult to close gaps. Would voli really be a better choice for jung for me? I like gap closers and voli isn't as great as I thought he would be compared to hec which has 2 gap closing skills if one decides to fail.

For supports, i came into the exact problem you explained. I just got stomped so hard lane phase when I was sona and I don't even bother with soraka anymore. What about leona? Is she a good option or would janna still be better with her nado poke?
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:04 am

Ginger7327 wrote:I know how you feel. I played a game Wednesday and got a few kills while supporting as Lulu, as well. Entire team was doing extremely well that game except Shaco. That son of a gun decided that after he had half a build toward AD it was a good idea since we were "so far ahead" that he could sell everything and go AP and do well.
Spoiler:

Also, Imagination, I would suggest Lulu. She is so much fun to play. Top 5 favorite champions, for sure!

yeah lol. just made a leona rage when i kept morphing her whenever she used that light sword dive lol can't get a good lock on with her shield in team fights though. I always accidentally click it on an enemy or a creep. Her ult is the most fun of all, its fun seeing champs in their enlarged form, and the extra pop up makes it look like malphs ult. Its very useful when the carries are being focused down.

Kusanagi wrote:
Imagination wrote:Looking for an alternative for ranked games in support and jung then. I mainly try to go maokai, jarvan, or jax (haven't done a whole lot of jax jung though). As for support, someone who's as good as taric or at least counters him. I have sona and soraka but I just don't play them well enough to help in a fight when I get ganked or if we gank.

You seem to like tankier junglers with strong ganks, so Volibear would probably be better than Hecarim. I don't think he's a perfect fit, but he's close. As for supports, you can't really counter a Taric lane since he's so strong in the laning phase (well, that's how he was pre-nerf). Usually just playing passive and safe and waiting for Taric's weaker team fight stage is how I handle him, or take Alistar and Headbutt the enemy AD away if Taric tries to stun your AD (and if he focuses you, you can fight since you're tanky). I don't think Lulu would be good since her harass could get healed out, and if you get stunned you can get bursted down easy. Janna could work if you peel well enough by like Tornadoing the enemy AD as they try to take advantage of stun. You'll need to be wary of getting bursted down yourself though.

mm yeah just finished a game as lulu support against soraka support. Its annoying how soraka just heals my pokes while i run out of mana >.> A counter for taric as i've seen so far is morgana. Her shield can cancel taric's stun assuming your support is that good. I disagree with lulu being weak against taric, if taric stuns your adc, then just polymorph the enemy adc. If gayric comes close to stun then lulu can also slow her. Taric can't really do any damage without gettign close to burst his shatter.

MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:19 am

ya but flash stun from taric is scary lol. That doesn't work well with any team comp really except like kus said, alistar which can tank it.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 am

Imagination wrote:ya but flash stun from taric is scary lol. That doesn't work well with any team comp really except like kus said, alistar which can tank it.
then just flash polymorph the enemy adc lol. But i feel its just unnecessary since all you ahve to do is wait for the enemy adc to follow up tarics stun and polymorph him. Cant really see what you need to tank since you'll be disabling the enemy adc, and taric can't really damage you till he gets close, thats what the Q's slow is for. You also have your shield and ult incase your adc gets focused hard by jungle. Only problem i see is when the support is the one focused down from over extending. Well if the adc is good enough maybe he'll get a kill or two from your sacrifice XD
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:24 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Imagination wrote:ya but flash stun from taric is scary lol. That doesn't work well with any team comp really except like kus said, alistar which can tank it.
then just flash polymorph the enemy adc lol. But i feel its just unnecessary since all you ahve to do is wait for the enemy adc to follow up tarics stun and polymorph him. Cant really see what you need to tank since you'll be disabling the enemy adc, and taric can't really damage you till he gets close, thats what the Q's slow is for. You also have your shield and ult incase your adc gets focused hard by jungle. Only problem i see is when the support is the one focused down from over extending. Well if the adc is good enough maybe he'll get a kill or two from your sacrifice XD

well that's the reason why taric's lane phase is so strong, over-extending means death. There's always slim chances of getting away because taric's burst does quite a bit especially at 6 since your adc gets a buff.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 pm

i take whatever i said about soraka back. She has awesome sustain XD. Didn't B 'till i had 4.8k lol

Spoiler:
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Added Awsumchari to the members list.

And yeah, good Sorakas are awesome and do serious amounts of damage. Bad Sorakas though...
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:22 am

the new karma..... oh yeah, i am loving it.... also never jungle her XD

what i have been having fun Very Happy

also zilean ap mid with a blue buff cannot die and will kill your whole team
he could uses his cdr ability every 2 seconds. so that is a bomb or two every 2 seconds and his ult back in 10 seconds
impossible to play against
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:57 am

New Karma is going to be seriously OP. I don't know what they were thinking with her numbers, since they're really high (+50 damage per level on her offensive abilities).

And yeah, Zilean is pretty stupid to lane and play against in general. I think he fell out of favor in season 3 because of health stacking. Zilean has great early game burst and harass with his bombs, but they quickly fall off, and Zilean becomes a more support AP mid with his ultimate. Without the potential to severely injure or instant KO enemies, especially with how strong Runic Bulwark is, he loses a major tool in his kit.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:06 am

oh well we just got owned buy a zilean. I mean we focus him but he doesn't die, and when he resurrects his teammates has probably obliterated us all. He was so fed that 1 bomb took half of my hp. Chasing him is useless because of his E. Every team fight it felt like it was a 5v6, with his ult available on such a short cd with rewind. He was fed as hell.

I was useless in that game anyway. Kept dc-ing >.> dunno why but it only happens during the day.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Hatless wrote:the new karma..... oh yeah, i am loving it.... also never jungle her XD

what i have been having fun Very Happy

also zilean ap mid with a blue buff cannot die and will kill your whole team
he could uses his cdr ability every 2 seconds. so that is a bomb or two every 2 seconds and his ult back in 10 seconds
impossible to play against

Do you take Karma mid lane?
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:oh well we just got owned buy a zilean. I mean we focus him but he doesn't die, and when he resurrects his teammates has probably obliterated us all. He was so fed that 1 bomb took half of my hp. Chasing him is useless because of his E. Every team fight it felt like it was a 5v6, with his ult available on such a short cd with rewind. He was fed as hell.

I was useless in that game anyway. Kept dc-ing >.> dunno why but it only happens during the day.

I'm just theorying right now, but I think you need a tankier team to take on Zilean. The tankiness is not only for Zilean's damage, but it helps you stay alive as you wait for Zilean's ultimate target to respawn. DPS is also better than burst, since Zilean essentially adds in an entire another champion's worth of HP to his team.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Well focusing zilean is kind of fail unless you catch him by himself. He does some good burst early game but late game he's just pretty useless and if you just be tanky and protect your carries, there's not really any issues with zil.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:00 am

I am sure everone has seen this, the Zac Baron steal.
These are champions that also have the potential. I never thought of doing this with any of them.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 am

Ginger7327 wrote:I am sure everone has seen this, the Zac Baron steal.
These are champions that also have the potential. I never thought of doing this with any of them.

ya it's a pretty impressive move, idk if they're going to patch that. There's so many champs that can abuse that, like khazix im sure can do it with his leap thing too. Idk if everyone's seen the smooth baron steal that j4 and thresh did. That was just insane as well.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 am

okay so wtf T^T

The "League of Legends" Club - Page 10 2rbeY

is it just me? or is anybody else having this problem?
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:41 am

Last edited by MrYoSo901 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:50 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3261414

^trundle getting reworked

Yup, he is becoming a Freljord now. Including Lissandra, that is now 8 Freljords, I think.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/04/lissandra-revealed.html#more

lissandra info seems to be out, skill wise she seems like an anivia with zed's shadow thing lol.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm

I think Lissandra will perform a similar function to Anivia in team fights, but she will play completely differently. Lissandra will probably want to be closer ranged or at least just outside of it, while Anivia likes to sit back and throw out occasional abilities.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Her ult looks op as hell, I can already hear the screams of "BAITED".
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 am

its like zhonias lol except it has that area effect thing that will annoy the hell out of enemies.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Anyone watching the LCS?
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:05 am

I watch it occasionally if I'm not busy. Ginger also watches it.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next