JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ???

+64
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Miss Elegent Serenity
Desdenova
BlurredExistence
Onic1000
IloveHolo
Tsuyushi
BK-201
Focks
Hatless
Kaleb_K
bedheadred
DrRandom357
Blazer
Ovyda
Krudda
higurashi_conan
Haar119
Supernatural Knight
Lelouch Britannia
JAMSM
Pando
uallandme
plantkingman
Noobs
darkstar2k1
Fiddles
Ghost ops
Sano
Sporadic
Bato
Paper Tiger
Jaysp656
SunshinexKite
hikarioreno
Sanji Wolfwood
Doomguy
DemonEyesJoe
LunarLexal
Mayes
Great_Oak
Androgynous
MrLincecum
Leoster
Tomoyo's Angel
Nonononoki
Natsuru-san
ladyalchemist85
Nim
Mylespol
Whiteshadow
Wampa
L3GION
Natsu Dragneel
- The Rose -
CreaminFreeman
flame808
johnstang2
Shinimagami
Deathfire123
Sir Maddy
MacMeaties
Belsfir
Keiichi Morisato
68 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ??? - Page 30 Empty Re: What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ???

Post by Paper Tiger Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 am

About the Darker than Black, I watched it in the following order:

1) season 1
2) extra season 1-related episode (also sometimes considered S1E26, depending on how/where you got the anime)
3) season 1.5
4) season 2

IMHO it is important to watch the 4-episoded season 1.5 before season 2 because it explains what happened to Yin and Hei that lead to some events in season 2.
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ??? - Page 30 Empty Re: What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ???

Post by Ovyda Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:33 am

Paper Tiger wrote:About the Darker than Black, I watched it in the following order:

1) season 1
2) extra season 1-related episode (also sometimes considered S1E26, depending on how/where you got the anime)
3) season 1.5
4) season 2

IMHO it is important to watch the 4-episoded season 1.5 before season 2 because it explains what happened to Yin and Hei that lead to some events in season 2.

I am a pretty little girl. ~done with wampa, pksm3, Valvatorez, Natsuru-san, Bato, Doomguy, Metazoxan, Pando, Blazer, Crazy Potato, Deathfire123, MrYoSo901, Paper Tiger

Now I am confused...
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:59 am

Ovyda wrote:I am a pretty little girl. ~done with wampa, pksm3, Valvatorez, Natsuru-san, Bato, Doomguy, Metazoxan, Pando, Blazer, Crazy Potato, Deathfire123, MrYoSo901, Paper Tiger

Now I am confused...

Uhm, are you following Karma's lead and posting while not entirely 100% sober? Cause that post just now made, like, no sense at all. And now I am confused too... lol
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 am

Paper Tiger wrote:About the Darker than Black, I watched it in the following order:

1) season 1
3) season 1.5
4) season 2

Darker than Black has a season 2?
What is this?
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 am

Paper Tiger wrote:BlurredExistence, there's the Legend of the Condor Hero... Tho I have mixed opinions on that one, was interesting at times yet highly annoying more often than I'd have deemed acceptable. Regardless, you should check it out, in the spirit of your quest and all...

Also, Lunar Legend Tsukihime - haven't seen that one yet so I can't say how good or bad it is, but it has score of 7.34 based on some 28000 users...

Thanks for the suggestion man but i think i'll be giving the Legend of the Condor Hero a miss. It really doesn't sound like my sort of thing. I don't particularly like doing historical animes, for some reason they always wind me up the wrong way, except for some special exceptions, maybe cause i don't like stepping back to a time where our views on people's roles (especially women's) are so backward. I'm the sort of person who's very fibre of being is based upon the fact that we're all equal and deserving of the same freedoms and seeing anyone trying to enforce restrictions or persecute others for any reason really gets on my tits, particularly when it's just accepted as normal by everyone around them!

As for Tsukihime, i've already seen it and imo it is a very good series, altho i do believe it does suffer from many of the same problems as most animes based off of a VN (trying to properly define a singular story path from something that originally had multiple ones is a pretty hard job).

Sir Maddy wrote:Darker than Black has a season 2?
What is this?

And it ends with a set up for a series 3!
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Wait it will get a season 3? :O Then i will be even more happy that im watching it now..

@Paper tiger, he has to tell evryone that hes a pretty little girl because of 21 dares thread. His real post begins after the last name.

So we now have 2 people saying its not so important to watch the OVA's before season 2 and 1 person saying it is important -_-

Well it was released 1st season, 2nd season, season 1.5. So people who watched it when airing watched it in that order aswell and thats how the makers released it. So i suppose its not that big of a deal to watch like that
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Bato wrote:Wait it will get a season 3? :O Then i will be even more happy that im watching it now..

I just said it's set up for one, it ends on a total cliffhanger. I don't think there's a third series confirmed for it, still we can live in hope.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm going to go for re re-watching Kodocha over the upcoming break. I haven't really watched anything noteworthy lately and i'm getting kinda bored. Time to re-visit the pinnacle of fun!
MrLincecum
MrLincecum
Gillian

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:
Paper Tiger wrote:BlurredExistence, there's the Legend of the Condor Hero... Tho I have mixed opinions on that one, was interesting at times yet highly annoying more often than I'd have deemed acceptable. Regardless, you should check it out, in the spirit of your quest and all...

Also, Lunar Legend Tsukihime - haven't seen that one yet so I can't say how good or bad it is, but it has score of 7.34 based on some 28000 users...

Thanks for the suggestion man but i think i'll be giving the Legend of the Condor Hero a miss. It really doesn't sound like my sort of thing. I don't particularly like doing historical animes, for some reason they always wind me up the wrong way, except for some special exceptions, maybe cause i don't like stepping back to a time where our views on people's roles (especially women's) are so backward. I'm the sort of person who's very fibre of being is based upon the fact that we're all equal and deserving of the same freedoms and seeing anyone trying to enforce restrictions or persecute others for any reason really gets on my tits, particularly when it's just accepted as normal by everyone around them!

As for Tsukihime, i've already seen it and imo it is a very good series, altho i do believe it does suffer from many of the same problems as most animes based off of a VN (trying to properly define a singular story path from something that originally had multiple ones is a pretty hard job).

What is this?

The more you talk BlurredExistence, the more I think you will enjoy Legend of Galactic Heroes.....
I just hate to make that recommendation to someone because it's more like a documentary then an anime you see nowadays. You been warned right? Wink
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:17 pm

Doomguy wrote:The more you talk BlurredExistence, the more I think you will enjoy Legend of Galactic Heroes.....
I just hate to make that recommendation to someone because it's more like a documentary then an anime you see nowadays. You been warned right? Wink

"The more you talk" ka? Lol You make it sound like i never shut up man!

None-the-less i respect your opinion and despite being in two minds of beginning such a massive undertaking i'll bump it up my "too watch" list.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Watched Vividred ep 10. So wasn't expecting that at all.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Can't wait...*is DLing*
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:29 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:
What is this?

Please tell me you got the joke.
And you're not being serious.

Edit: I watched Corpse Party: Missing Footage today.

CENSORS WHYYYY?!?!?
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Caught up with
Maoyuu
Boku Wa Tomodachi NEXT
Vividred
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Only watched 1 Naruto Shippuuden ep and 1st ep of The world god only knows OVA's.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:Please tell me you got the joke.
And you're not being serious.

I'll admit a fail there.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:42 pm

But does it really end with a cliffhanger? That would mean it brings bad luck if me and Ovyda watch something together Sad D. Gray-Man also ended with a cliffhanger Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Bato wrote:But does it really end with a cliffhanger? That would mean it brings bad luck if me and Ovyda watch something together Sad D. Gray-Man also ended with a cliffhanger Very Happy

It does but only in the sense that it's starting a new part of the story. All events that you witness are wrapped up well, it's just the final reveal would start off a new plot line.
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:43 am

BlurredExistence wrote:Thanks for the suggestion man but i think i'll be giving the Legend of the Condor Hero a miss. It really doesn't sound like my sort of thing. I don't particularly like doing historical animes, for some reason they always wind me up the wrong way, except for some special exceptions, maybe cause i don't like stepping back to a time where our views on people's roles (especially women's) are so backward. I'm the sort of person who's very fibre of being is based upon the fact that we're all equal and deserving of the same freedoms and seeing anyone trying to enforce restrictions or persecute others for any reason really gets on my tits, particularly when it's just accepted as normal by everyone around them!
Aye, I can relate - I am here today because a beautiful and proud young lady once put her life on the line for me w/o ever being asked to do so, in Japanese feudal times someone like her would have likely ended up some nobleman's plaything and I simply cannot accept this kinda thing as normal or appropriate - I realize that's how it was back then (and unfortunately still is in some parts of the world), and that these animes now are just works of fiction, but it still rubs me the wrong way and I can't enjoy them.

That said I don't think the Condor Hero was like that, I'm more annoyed w/ it because the plot progressed like molasses at first and the main character appeared quite a bit whiny and bratty (by all means not a situation unique to this show), then towards the middle things kinda jumped around as if the authors couldn't decide which way to go (again not uncommon sight), and the end was downright disappointing - that right there killed if for me good, I'd still consider it time not wasted if it had a different ending... So I don't think you're missing out on anything there, really.
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 am

Bato wrote:@Paper tiger, he has to tell evryone that hes a pretty little girl because of 21 dares thread. His real post begins after the last name.

So we now have 2 people saying its not so important to watch the OVA's before season 2 and 1 person saying it is important -_-

Well it was released 1st season, 2nd season, season 1.5. So people who watched it when airing watched it in that order aswell and thats how the makers released it. So i suppose its not that big of a deal to watch like that

Truth or dare got Ovyda? Well that certainly explains it, lol.

As for the DTB chronolgoy, the way I see it they made season 1 and it went good, so they made season 2 and it also went good, so they figured since there is a decent gap in the plot between the two seasons they might as well try filling it w/ season 1.5 while the show is still "hot". But I don't think that there is anything in season 1.5 that spoils the season 2 experience, if anything I hate wondering for half a season wtf happened between then and now and season 1.5 does a decent job explaining some of that. It don't explain everything, just touches the basics - so while you're watching season 2 after it you're not always like "well I already know that" and there are definitely many things in the plot you still gotta figure out for yourself (or wait for the authors to reveal towards the end). Personally I don't think I would have enjoyed season 1.5 if I watched it after season 2 like it was released, I'd already know how things end up in the grand scheme of things and that really takes the fun out of a show for me.

And no, I don't think it ends w/ a cliffhanger, not any more that season 1 did. They certainly left themselves a window for continuation, but it feels complete as is and does not "require" another season (unlike, say, Guin Saga, or Pumpkin Scissors, or a bunch of others that feel like their funding ran out halfway thru the story).
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:50 am

Saki episode 16

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ??? - Page 30 Tumblr_mf7gb6MMBr1r1n1p8o1_500

That was just so.
RAGE INDUCING.
I wanted to bitch slap everyone there.

I JUST WANT TO PUNCH MY COMPUTER!!

What anime are you currently watching / recently finished ??? - Page 30 Tumblr_m08d4akz9B1r6h9nl

YOU WIN GONZO.
NOW LET ME SEE SAKI STOP ACTING LIKE A PUSSY!
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Elegent Serenity Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:43 am

currently watching witchblade and hellsing since they were recommended to me
Miss Elegent Serenity
Miss Elegent Serenity
Bronze Saint

Female Posts : 88
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 am

You know what else boiled my blood today.
Kotoura-san episode 10.

This is really the development they're going to have?
It's obvious that the female detective is the attacker.
And apparently no one had a brain this episode.
Glad there's only 2 more episodes.
Because I am so done with this anime.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Paper Tiger wrote:And no, I don't think it ends w/ a cliffhanger, not any more that season 1 did. They certainly left themselves a window for continuation, but it feels complete as is and does not "require" another season (unlike, say, Guin Saga, or Pumpkin Scissors, or a bunch of others that feel like their funding ran out halfway thru the story).

If the introduction of a new villain and the beginning of a new story line isn't a cliffhanger to you then i want to know what is! = p Tho you are right, and as i had said, the story you watch thruout series 2 is wrapped up all nice and clean so it's not like you NEED a third series but still that final reveal is definitely a cliffhanger and, for me at least, leaves you wanting to know what's going to happen next.

Spoiler:

Sir Maddy wrote:Saki episode 16

That was just so.
RAGE INDUCING.
I wanted to bitch slap everyone there.

I JUST WANT TO PUNCH MY COMPUTER!!

YOU WIN GONZO.
NOW LET ME SEE SAKI STOP ACTING LIKE A PUSSY!

I don't remember getting that frustrated with that series on my first watch, mind you i've re-watched it a couple of times now and knowing what happens reduces any frustration felt quite a bit. Anyway you will get your wish don't worry about that, the way Saki turns it around is rather epic imo!

Love that anime!

Sir Maddy wrote:You know what else boiled my blood today.
Kotoura-san episode 10.

This is really the development they're going to have?
It's obvious that the female detective is the attacker.
And apparently no one had a brain this episode.
Glad there's only 2 more episodes.
Because I am so done with this anime.

I hate episodes like that. Where either the villain's identity, that a character is hiding something, or that some party is head over heels for another is so unbelievably obvious and yet the the cast wanders around completely oblivious! I know they're trying to build suspense or something by having us know while keeping the cast in the dark but seriously when the clues are so apparent and easy to put together that a 4 year old could work it out it just ends up making the entire cast look retarded! It's really frustrating.

The only situation i find worst than that actually is when a character is being forced to do something against their will to protect someone else, only you KNOW that the situation could be resolved no problem if that character would just talk to the rest of the main cast! Spending the majority of a series just screaming at the screen "TALK TO THEM YOU FOOL!!!" gets old rather fast. >.<

Last edited by BlurredExistence on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
BlurredExistence
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:38 pm

My little sister can't be this cute.
TV series finished. Working on ONA(?)s now.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next