JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hataraku Maou-Sama!

+2
Natsu Dragneel
Ovyda
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hataraku Maou-Sama! Empty Hataraku Maou-Sama!

Post by Ovyda Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Hataraku Maou-Sama! 42855

English: The Devil is a Part-Timer!

Synopsis
Devil King Sadao is only one step away from conquering the world when he is beaten by Hero Emilia and forced to drift to the other world: modern-day Tokyo. As "conquering the world" are the only skills the Devil King possesses—and are obviously unnecessary in his new situation—he must work as a freeter to pay for his living expenses!

This anime is hot this season. I think it deserves its own thread.

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
Just watched Hataraku Maou-Sama! - So far the best show of this season for me! Very good comedy, interesting story and appealing chars Smile

I just barely finished the first episode of that as well! I thought that it was very funny and I like the characters in it to.

Ovyda wrote:
LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:MgRonald... Holy Potter and etc. they never stop to surprise me with those titles Very Happy Most popular one in Japanese would still be brand name Snickers (Znickers, Snickars, Snikerz and etc.) I think.

I always enjoy seeing what titles they come up with for brands/fast-food places. They can be pretty funny some times. At first, when I saw the Holy Potter, I thought it said "Harry Potter" and I thought that it was amazing because they're actually using the real title, but then his head moved and saw that it was "Holy". I had a good laugh with that.

Yeah, I love those titles as well Very Happy

Supernatural Knight wrote:Hataraku maou sama, how can a series with kind of the same concept of a last season failure be so much better than it after 1 ep? I much prefer these characters especially with the roles reversed so drastically like that.

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:Aw! Such a sweet episode. I like Emilia's voice and she looked so cute in this episode ^^ Also, some mystery was added, looking forward to explanation what's going on. Those earthquakes I guess have something to do with magic.

Hataraku Maou-Sama! Ubz91
Hataraku Maou-Sama! 2djytkw

In the "Enta - something " world, she seemed to be pretty viscous.

I wonder who's causing those earthquakes though. do you think it's one of the four generals?

Last edited by Ovyda on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Hataraku Maou-Sama! Empty Re: Hataraku Maou-Sama!

Post by Ovyda Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:28 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:

Uh, I am honestly on three ideas...
1) Someone from demon race saw how weak demon lord is and tries to overtake his thrown.
2) Human from Enta world who doesn't know how Hero looks, therefore attacked both of them considering both are demons.
3) Might be 3rd planet being...

I didn't really put a lot of thought into yet, but I believe it's someone from demon race.

Most likely. Though he'll have to be extremely powerful to retain his magic. Even the demon king could only hold on to a little bit of it.

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
I think he/she/they just found a way how to use magic and it might be connected to those earthquakes. However, the magic didn't seem very strong.
Yeah, but it was still able to put holes through the signs. That'll be enough to kill anyone. Anyway, I hope that whoever is causing the earthquakes appear soon. I want to know more about how they're blocked off from magic, and I have a feeling this person will reveal something, even if it's a little bit.

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
The pace of anime is quite good imo, so in the next 1-2 eps we will get to know that person/group causing problems to our demon lord and hero.

I still wonder if that MgRonald's little girl worker is related somehow to the earthquakes or she is just living in a bad place at the bad time, since strong earthquakes appear only her place.

I think the earthquakes were specifically targeting her, maybe to get at the demon king?

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
Supernatural Knight wrote:I'm enjoying Hataraku Mauo at the moment and I agree with Ovyda that I think the pacing so far is fine. The set up so far has been quite comical so I hope it stays like this since it is also listed as a romance unfortunately.
About the person/group it does seem interesting that there is someone that still has a source of magic. If the demon lord has minimal and the hero that beat him also has such a limited amount then this person should be interesting. About the earthquake, I was wondering if it had something to do with the replenishing of the unknowns magical power. But for it o only affect one place, I then thought it could also just be that the young worker has an obsessive stalker that has broken into her room.

Well... now that you say. it's possible that in her house or near her house someone is living who has limited magic power and because of that her house experiences stronger earthquakes than everyone else... But I doubt...

I actually came up with different theory which is quite impossible but... but what if that young worker is actually a person who has magic power? Would be a nice plot turnaround Very Happy

Well we know that this unknown knows about their situation, and that he hates them both. So I'm willing to bet that he's from this "Elsa Enta" world, I doubt he'll be from Earth.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:55 pm

This is one of the many anime of this season worth watching IMO, even though it's on its second episode the anime has a very good plot
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 pm

I don't think the plot is too much of it. Besides the mystery of the earthquakes and possibly how they'll decide to get back to their original world, the plot is pretty basic. I think the best quality of the anime is its characters.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Yeah, then there's also the comedy in there
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 pm

Kusanagi wrote:I don't think the plot is too much of it. Besides the mystery of the earthquakes and possibly how they'll decide to get back to their original world, the plot is pretty basic. I think the best quality of the anime is its characters.

Sometimes it's better like this in my opinion. Not so complicated plot, but the characters and comedy is brilliant ^^
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:54 am

Maou just became true GAR Very Happy Another awesome episode. So the earthquake thing is getting clearer now, but I still have some questions... As for the one who is attacking Maou and Emilia I think is someone from the human race (Enta world).

P.S. I hope this won't turn into harem Neutral
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:40 am

Whatever happens and they can keep it hilarious, ill be fine with it.

Maou did look really awesome at the end of the episode and yet again a hilarious ep Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Hataraku Maou-Sama! 2q33t39
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:39 pm

This anime is funny as shit the latest episode was awesome. that demon mode looked badass.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Anime looks better Very Happy
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:06 pm

The latest episode, funny and Maou looked really badass for sure and after seeing the comparison between the light novel/manga and anime, the anime looks way better IMO
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Yeah, I prefer anime demon mode as well Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Also, I have a feeling that Emi is developing feelings for him, but she's acting like a Tsundere type girl around him or maybe it's because of her being a hero and Maou being Satan
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Well duh.. Hes being a nice guy all the time since they arrived on earth but in their world it is a forbidden sin for the hero to have something with the demon king. And she knows of the things hes done in the other world.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:The latest episode, funny and Maou looked really badass for sure and after seeing the comparison between the light novel/manga and anime, the anime looks way better IMO

I'm not sure if it's about looking better. He may have only gotten his horns in the manga/novels because he got some power back but not his full power. If the anime gave him that appearance and his full power when he wasn't supposed to, then it wouldn't be accurate to the source material, which annoys me.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:15 pm

But even if he did get his full powers back, he didn't look like that in the Enta elsa world. he looked pretty much the same, but a little more taller and with horns.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I hope it will be explained... Or maybe that's his true form? In the Enta world maybe he can transform into two different forms - normal and this one.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:15 pm

After a long wait, finally the 4th ep came out. So many things happened!

Hero's friends/generals are coming.

Lucifer is the enemy ( I bet the reason is that Maou became soft ).

Finally we've got to hear that awesome language again Very Happy

Who's that old fat lady? o.o

What it has to do with Chi?

--------------------------------------------

P.S. The Landlord reminds me of her, from Darker Than Black.
Hataraku Maou-Sama! Dtb13vh8
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:22 pm

The landlord sounded as if she knows hes the dark lord. I wonder if shes also from that other world.

Great episode. It moved up from 8/10 to 9/10 Smile
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Spoiler:

Ovyda wrote:After a long wait, finally the 4th ep came out. So many things happened!

Spoiler:
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:43 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Spoiler:

Ovyda wrote:After a long wait, finally the 4th ep came out. So many things happened!

Spoiler:

Well that's what I thought as well (that Lucifer always wanted to overthrow Maou, but couldn't due to lack of his own power and now he has a perfect chance).

Witch? Hmm... She certainly do have appearance of a witch, but I doubt. I do believe that she's from Enta Elsa as well. Not sure how else she would know about Maou.

So you say Lucifer is getting his powers by eating people's despair or what? Surprised
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:51 pm

What's the landlady hiding? Maybe we'll learn as the series progresses, and while we're at it, Lucifer looks kinda cool IMO
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:08 am

Ovyda wrote:
Well that's what I thought as well (that Lucifer always wanted to overthrow Maou, but couldn't due to lack of his own power and now he has a perfect chance).

Witch? Hmm... She certainly do have appearance of a witch, but I doubt. I do believe that she's from Enta Elsa as well. Not sure how else she would know about Maou.

So you say Lucifer is getting his powers by eating people's despair or what? Surprised

Well, how else would she get to Earth? There had to be some magic involved.

Well, that's what he said. Also, how else would Lucifer still have his powers, when he's weaker than Maou?

Natsu Dragneel wrote:What's the landlady hiding? Maybe we'll learn as the series progresses, and while we're at it, Lucifer looks kinda cool IMO
He looks kind of like Dark, except without the weird hair-do.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:41 am

Well... I just hope they don't get powers by absorbing feelings... that would be so typical Neutral

And you say he looks like Dark because of the wings Very Happy
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next