JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us

+16
Deathfire123
RyujinKiryuu
DemonEyesJoe
Hikikomori
MiniSiets
- The Rose -
Keiichi Morisato
Bato
Valvatorez
sayWut
L3GION
Metazoxan
Sporadic
vashnik
BK-201
steveyk
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us Empty Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us

Post by steveyk Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 am

I have been informed that certain people have been trolling and send DDos to a site called xxx. These people seem to think they are acting on our behalf and I have made this thread to make you come to a realisation that you are doing anything BUT.

For a week or so someone has been intentionally sending DDos to the xxx domain in an attempt to shut this site down and the trolls angrily posting comments on their forums obviously points to the fact that this is being carried out by people from within the JDR community. This is unacceptable behaviour and if this continues and we do, in an unlikely scenario, find out who you are you will be anything but welcome to the new sites that are currently in development for this community. I have been contacted by the staff from this domain and I have made it clear these people do not represent us. I will not tolerate people starting some childish war between sites thinking they are acting for the community as a whole. You are not! Stop this immediately. The past is the past, we have to leave it behind and move on.

I hope that I have made myself clear and that you will no longer cause trouble for the innocent bystanders who will be dragged into this tit for tat war with another site.

I can only hope you see things our way and stop.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us Empty Re: Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us

Post by BK-201 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:16 am

Well said. This communiity is strong and does not need any underhanded methods to move forward. Lets not taint our reputation with this childish behaviour.
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us Empty Re: Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us

Post by vashnik Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:51 am

steveyk wrote:I have been informed that certain people have been trolling and send DDos to a site called xxx. These people seem to think they are acting on our behalf and I have made this thread to make you come to a realisation that you are doing anything BUT.

For a week or so someone has been intentionally sending DDos to the xxx domain in an attempt to shut this site down and the trolls angrily posting comments on their forums obviously points to the fact that this is being carried out by people from within the JDR community. This is unacceptable behaviour and if this continues and we do, in an unlikely scenario, find out who you are you will be anything but welcome to the new sites that are currently in development for this community. I have been contacted by the staff from this domain and I have made it clear these people do not represent us. I will not tolerate people starting some childish war between sites thinking they are acting for the community as a whole. You are not! Stop this immediately. The past is the past, we have to leave it behind and move on.

I hope that I have made myself clear and that you will no longer cause trouble for the innocent bystanders who will be dragged into this tit for tat war with another site.

I can only hope you see things our way and stop.

That/those troll(s) had to be either desperate for attention to go to another community and falsely represent JDR or the troll(s) isn't/aren't really even a regular here and just some outsider trying to start a war. Either way, the troll(s) sounds like they're pretty damn desperate for attention.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:04 am

My question is why would anyone ddos them? What would you gain from that considering they've really done nothing wrong to us? These sound like some false allegations without solid proof. From what I've heard their website has been undergoing a complete remodeling for the last week so virtually none of their services have been available. Look at their forum or homepage for instance, it's all fresh content from last week.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:29 am

Must ........resist ...........urge .........to ......post.......... "Why can't we be friends song"!
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by steveyk Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:53 am

All I can say is that someone took images of the threads before the site was taken down by DDos and some people from JD were posting in their real names and the trolls who created fake names were doing things that obviously point to some serious hatred towards AP. I'm not someone who just posts random stuff, I looked through these images and saw with my own eyes how people were behaving. And they were definitely from this community. Without doubt. However I will not post these images so that the people who did post with their names do not come under fire from people in this community. Like I said this is in the past. And we will be leaving it there one way or the other.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:22 am

Sporadic wrote:My question is why would anyone ddos them? What would you gain from that considering they've really done nothing wrong to us? These sound like some false allegations without solid proof. From what I've heard their website has been undergoing a complete remodeling for the last week so virtually none of their services have been available. Look at their forum or homepage for instance, it's all fresh content from last week.

The site has been going through the remodeling in response to the attacks. Also, who ever is doing it is trying to lay blame on other members from this community as well.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 am

Spoiler:

But srsly ,
My question is why would anyone ddos them?

I have no idea and it dosnt make any sense

What would you gain from that considering they've really done nothing wrong to us?

nothing, I can think of 1 site at least that would make sense if they got "Dos" attacked however this site makes no sense as there is no gain to be made

These sound like some false allegations without solid proof

I think JDR is being used as a scape goat they havnt openly admitted that they've been dos attacked nor does there web traffic flow even start to suggest that they were dos attacked at any point since there new arrival on the web ...
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 am

Who knows why someone would do it. Boredom, just because, spite? People don't exactly need a GOOD reason to do things of this nature. There doesn't always need to be something gained in order to do it.

Also, unless you are insinuating that Steveyk would just jump the gun with the proof they are from this community... To openly admit that they were Dosed would just lead to more problems. Obviously solving it without getting everyone involved is the goal so as to keep unnecessary problems from arising for JD or AP.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 am

L3GION wrote:Who knows why someone would do it. Boredom, just because, spite? People don't exactly need a GOOD reason to do things of this nature. There doesn't always need to be something gained in order to do it.

Also, unless you are insinuating that Steveyk would just jump the gun with the proof they are from this community... To openly admit that they were Dosed would just lead to more problems. Obviously solving it without getting everyone involved is the goal so as to keep unnecessary problems from arising for JD or AP.

Indeed and unfortunately its not exactly hard to start dossing, and ofc one would not insinuate such things , im sure he has proof, still its hard to wrap ones head around for such a random attack. As well as it being hard to believe that a so called member from the community would take such actions .. troubling news indeed
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:07 am

That is exactly it. All it would take is one simple spark of a thought/want to do it and a little searching. Well, it could be some people were mad about one of AP's members going onto the old JD forums and soliciting members. I remember that being an issue, though it was more a misunderstanding then anything. At least thats how i saw it. It is troubling news, especially since we should all try to get along. We are all Anime lovers and showing hate amongst each other just is petty.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:13 am

Must... resist..... urge.... to... blame.... Fake JD.....
And plus, xxx actually has some members of our actual community working there, why would we even do that?

But I think we should see the screenshots anyways since we are a mature.... well, yeah screw it, we are a semi mature bunch when the time calls for it.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 am

Valvatorez wrote:
Must... resist..... urge.... to... blame.... Fake JD.....
And plus, xxx actually has some members of our actual community working there, why would we even do that?

But I think we should see the screenshots anyways since we are a mature.... well, yeah screw it, we are a semi mature bunch when the time calls for it.

Exactly why it doesn't make a lick of sense. This is why AP is trying to solve the problem without "Blaming" anyone, or trying to start a big ordeal over it. As i have said, even if AP thought it was the JD community Steveyk would not even have made this message if the proof didn't clearly show involvement from this community. As for the Fake JD... You would think they would be the ones getting the problems if anything. XD

IMO its best they aren't shown. It would just continue the problem, and possibly cause more problems. The mature response is to just stop the nonsense and let it all go.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:55 pm

Who are xxx
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Another anime site where some of our own also hang out like Meta and - The Rose - to name a couple.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 pm

hm if there are people from our site, then it rly doesnt make sense to DDos them indeed.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:35 pm

I took those screenshots, I was talking to spor on skype while this was happening which started everything. we had somewhere around 50 series active and able to watch in about 2 weeks. we were banned from the server we were on. this was confirmed by our server admin at the time, and that is why we have to start over and currently have nothing worth offering at the moment.

since we were shut down and starting over we've switched servers and we've received one DDOS attack every morning taking down the site for a little while, but not banning it like the first time.

Spor asked me for equal respect for both sites, and from one content director/admin to another I accepted his plea. I would appreciate if these attacks stop. xxx shows no ill will toward this community and we wish you the best of luck.
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 pm

I wasn't even aware of xxx existence before this thread, lol. Got no issues with them, and I see no reason to treat them this way.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:29 pm

All I have to say is that if the person(people) behind this better stop as it is very unprofessional. I hope this thread is enough to achieve this result. If not I know the staff here as the perfect person to hunt the perp(s) down.
Spoiler:
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:38 pm

we need to hire the dayman, fighter of the nightman
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by RyujinKiryuu Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:58 pm

They even made Miku cry. Sad
Spoiler:
RyujinKiryuu
RyujinKiryuu
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:54 am

MiniSiets wrote:I wasn't even aware of xxx existence before this thread, lol. Got no issues with them, and I see no reason to treat them this way.

+1 exactly my words
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:33 am

- The Rose - wrote:xxx shows no ill will toward this community and we wish you the best of luck.
Which I'd say is pretty dang obvious, since you folks are still active members of this community, and I clearly remember you offering volunteer uploads on the new site here when it's up and running. So hurting you is in a sense hurting ourselves, how can that be considered good for the community by anyone is beyond my comprehension...

Besides, wtf is the need for "warring" between sites anyways? Do we not have enough problems as is, with anime companies trying to crack down on non-legit streams? When all is said and done we ARE all in the same boat - we don't necessarily have to be drinking buddies (tho that would be nice), but picking fights is just silly as all it does is rock said boat and put both parties in danger of drowning.

JM2CW
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:24 am

Paper Tiger wrote:
- The Rose - wrote:Animeprism shows no ill will toward this community and we wish you the best of luck.
Which I'd say is pretty dang obvious, since you folks are still active members of this community, and I clearly remember you offering volunteer uploads on the new site here when it's up and running. So hurting you is in a sense hurting ourselves, how can that be considered good for the community by anyone is beyond my comprehension...

Besides, wtf is the need for "warring" between sites anyways? Do we not have enough problems as is, with anime companies trying to crack down on non-legit streams? When all is said and done we ARE all in the same boat - we don't necessarily have to be drinking buddies (tho that would be nice), but picking fights is just silly as all it does is rock said boat and put both parties in danger of drowning.

JM2CW
well said. well said. let us toast to peace

Bad Behaviour that does not Represent us 15291643d8e944b34c0917c93f3066ac
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:14 pm

wait, how many people even know this site existed before now? i never heard of it.
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum