JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed

+3
Metazoxan
Nonononoki
Sir Maddy
7 posters

Go down

Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed  Empty Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 am

Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed  744894634

Director Tatsuo Sato revealed on Friday that the Mōretsu Pirates (Bodacious Space Pirates) film will open next February. He also presented a piece of visual art of Marika, Chiaki, and Gruier. The film's official website had previously revealed a Winter 2014 opening date.

Sato is returning as the director and the screenwriter at the anime studio Satelight. Akira Yasuda ("Akiman") is once again adapting Noriyuki Matsumoto's original character designs for animation. King Record's Starchild Records label is producing the music.

Image © Yuichi Sasamoto/Asahi Shimbun-sha, Bodacious Space Pirates Production Committee

Source: ANN
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed  Empty Re: Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed

Post by Nonononoki Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

Bodacious Space Pirates is not a good anime at all... Still wonder why they even dub the series at all and now they're gonna make a movie?
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed  Empty Re: Bodacious Space Pirates Film's February 2014 Date, Visual Revealed

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:33 am

Nonononoki wrote:Bodacious Space Pirates is not a good anime at all... Still wonder why they even dub the series at all and now they're gonna make a movie?

It's called "positive feedback from Japan."
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am

Nonononoki wrote:Bodacious Space Pirates is not a good anime at all... Still wonder why they even dub the series at all and now they're gonna make a movie?

It wasn't really bad either. The problem is with the way the series starts out it feels like they are promising an epic space adventure with some goods fights yet just about every battle kinda stops short.
Spoiler:

The only time they do space battles right is in the last few episodes right as the scope of the series expands to alien races and the rest of the universe that was vaguely mentioned but never involved in the plot.

Overall I'd call it okay but because the show could have been so much better had they done a few things just a little different the show is really disappointing and perhaps that is worse than something just being bad.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:53 am

Geez and here I was considering giving it a chance but now I dunno.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 pm

More loli Space Pirates? Great...
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Geez and here I was considering giving it a chance but now I dunno.

Like I said it is "Okay" just go into it not expecting grand scale space battles and pirate shoot outs and you'll be fine. The show does have it's good points. The disappointing of what it doesn't have is it's biggest flaw IMO. Now you still might not like it but the show is worth giving a shot at least.

On another note if this show gets a season 2 it could be amazing because right as the show ended everything was kicking up a notch and it was looking like what I had hoped the entire show was going to be like. So is season 2 kept even half of that momentum it would turn into a great show.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 pm

@Meta: I see but let me ask you this then. Is the show really worth my time when I know I'm not going to be alive forever and could be watching something that IS worth my time?
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:@Meta: I see but let me ask you this then. Is the show really worth my time when I know I'm not going to be alive forever and could be watching something that IS worth my time?

I guess it partly depends on your tastes. It does have some pretty good and some funny moments
Spoiler:

The last couple episodes almost make the entire show worth seeing on their own.

If you really have missgivings about it then use it as a time killer. When you have nothing else to do and nothing else you really feel like watching and you are just wasting time anyway give it a shot. If it is a miss with you (wait a few episodes before deciding this) then you didn't lose anything. If it manages to really catch your interest then you found a good show. The show certainly isn't horrible, the characters are either good or not bad, and the animation is certainly nice. So you should at least give it a shot and not write it off. Like I said at the start the biggest flaw with this show is the dissapointment of what you thought you were going to get. You already aren't really expecting anything so that won't even be a problem for you
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:26 pm

I see well in that case I might watch it "some day" but only if I have nothing else to watch/better to do or just really want to watch it. Thanks. Smile
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:10 am

Sporadic wrote:More loli Space Pirates? Great...

I was waiting for another movie of Vandread. Or a show like vandread.

That's female pirates done right.
Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

Male Posts : 161
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Nim wrote:
Sporadic wrote:More loli Space Pirates? Great...

I was waiting for another movie of Vandread. Or a show like vandread.

That's female pirates done right.

Agreed.

I also added this show to my list a while back. Guess I wont have high expectations haha
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down