JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Release club nomination/voting thread

+14
higurashi_conan
Hatless
Noobs
Kusanagi
LunarLexal
Natsu Dragneel
Sir Maddy
Natsuru-san
Ovyda
Keiichi Morisato
Sporadic
Metazoxan
Bato
Supernatural Knight
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pick 2

New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap34%New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap22%New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]
New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap3%New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap22%New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]
New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 Empty Re: New Release club nomination/voting thread

Post by Metazoxan Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 am

Ovyda wrote:That's bullshit. You should be neutral in this case and use a different method to choose which one is 2nd activity...

In all honesty do you really think Date a Live is going to be full of discussion inspiring drama? I voted for it because I have an interest in watching it and I had no interest in that Titian show and I'm not sure about devil survivor.

What kinda annoys me is that no one else voted for Arata. It really was a nice series and it is worth seeing and discussing. I'm definitely making a side activity for it.

Last edited by Metazoxan on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

New Release club nomination/voting thread - Page 5 Empty Re: New Release club nomination/voting thread

Post by Bato Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 am

You can also do what spor does. Let people guess a number and roll the forums dice.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Supernatural Knight wrote:It can happen Meta, someone votes just to screw up the actual results and considering that this polling system doesn't show who exactly voted I didn't want to run the risk [although I had some idea that it was you since it was arata's only point but I'm not sure who else]. Well you could say that vote sabotage was seen on the last anime cafe vote with Angel Cop getting an unusually large score with only minimal people showing even a slight interest.

Don't worry about not posting, it was your gallant efforts in not revealing what you voted for that allowed for Devil Survivor to win. Which actually works out best for me since then it would of actually been a tie, and who'd believe me if I were to do a coin flip between Devil Survivor 2 and Date a Live and say that Devil survivor actually won? I would imagine that between a series I want to watch and one I don't everyone would just think I made up the result. A new poll also isn't the best option here so I thought this worked [but then again that was because it happened to show what I wanted].

Next time I will announce that it is going to be called in X hours and to make sure all votes have been stated. Either that or the polling system will hopefully be better or similar at least to the one seen on the last forum.

Ovyda wrote:That's bullshit. You should be neutral in this case and use a different method to choose which one is 2nd activity...

Bato wrote:You can also do what spor does. Let people guess a number and roll the forums dice.
Knight believe me I mean well and I bring this up because the way you did this wasn't fair or right. Like others are saying your being paranoid. First off Angel Cop had such high votes prob not because it was rigged but because people for some odd reason wanted to watch that but my best guess is that it was most people's 2nd vote where as the other vote went to better animes BUT THEN Colme posted a vid for it which was pretty bad. After that is when people complained and said they weren't watching it while many even before hand just kept silent throughout the whole voting and even after kept silent. Angel Cop "could" have been rigged no doubt but there's STRONG evidence that it was because not 1 but TWO vids for it were posted in the voting thread and both were pretty bad and that leads me to believe that's why not many watched it and talked about it. I know I woulda watched it had it not of been for those vids, let alone the first one and thank God Colme posted that vid. (Not sure if he posted the 2nd one though) Further more you even said yourself that you figured Meta was the one who voted for said anime and as to flipping a coin. Oh come on. Like Bato said do what Spor did however since none of us can see that either how about letting someone else do it? Someone who didn't vote for Devil Survivor 2 and Date A Live who is fine with watching either anime. That will be the better result and also is fair. Besides while you do bring up a good point about not as many members being as active the fact remains we did see this coming. (or at least I did) So if you like me believe in fairness then please do the guess a number and roll the forums dice as stated above. I don't know if people can see it or not but if they can then you do it but if not then someone else do it as I suggested so there's no chance of cheating here.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Im still watching Date A Live anyway XD
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

YEAH!
No harems this time.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:39 pm

Soz4owned Date A Live fans.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Now that I look at it, I wish I could have switched my vote for Date A Live for Mushibugyou. Wouldnt do much, but eh.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Now that I look at it, I wish I could have switched my vote for Date A Live for Mushibugyou. Wouldnt do much, but eh.

Of course it would, if date a live loses you vote, then it would no longer be tied with devil survivor 2, so then the winners will no longer have a tie and the two we'll be watching are devil survivor 2 and Kyojin.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:56 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Of course it would, if date a live loses you vote, then it would no longer be tied with devil survivor 2, so then the winners will no longer have a tie and the two we'll be watching are devil survivor 2 and Kyojin.

We're watching DS2 and Kyojin anyways. So the out come doesn't really matter.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:05 pm

I regret voting for Devil Survivor.. If only I could change my vote now -.-
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Ovyda wrote:I regret voting for Devil Survivor.. If only I could change my vote now -.-
What? Why?

Which one do you want to vote for now?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:50 pm

Ovyda wrote:I regret voting for Devil Survivor.. If only I could change my vote now -.-

Thank you for contributing to the downfall of Date A Live as a main activity.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 am

LunarLexal wrote:
What? Why?

Which one do you want to vote for now?

Because this way Date A Live would have won lol. I will watch DS2 and I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 am

Why no date a live?
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 am

Natsuru's right, you're kinda being paranoid here Knight, just do what she said and roll a dice to decide either Devil Survivor 2 or Date A Live.

Somehow I regret voting for Shingeki no Kyojin, but even if I did change my vote from Shingeki to X anime that still wouldn't have changed the fact that we'll watch the anime
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:52 am

im with super here.

he did say that we should post what we voted. someone messing the polls is a possible for we cant track who voted which.

and also to make sure that date a live wont be an activity :shifty4ib:
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:20 am

Okay I know some of you are taking the results badly so I'll try and answer some of them. But allow me to reiterate something I said earlier "Anyone that wishes to whinge go ahead but the results wont change because of it." That statement still stands, watch what you want to but date a live will NOT be an official activity.

I see where you are coming from, and I could have but what is the chance that anyone would believe me that date a live actually lost?
1) I could flip a coin but if the results lead to devil survivor I doubt anyone would believe that I actually did this since this is what I wanted anyway.
2) I could use a random number generator and have the nominators choose, but once again this is easy to fake since I am not online the same times as the active period here who's to say I don't lurk see the numbers then keep clicking until I get a number closer to devil survivor.
3) I could have promoted voting some more by sending PM's but since I didn't even know everyone that had voted I didn't want to irritate every one that way.
4) Another poll could have worked, but once again people probably wouldn't post what they voted for, and with 16 members that did vote the first time [I'm assuming since I still don't know who the last one is] it could have just ended in another tie.
5) Perhaps I could have brought in Ecchi Prince vote since he is still a member, but he told me he wont make an account again until after we migrate again, so you would have to once again take my word that he would have voted for Shingeki no kyoujin and devil survivor 2.

See most of the tie beaker methods don't work because one I want to watch and the other I despised the idea. So no matter how you look at it my method would seem biased and no one would really believe me, well except for those that also were against date a live

Metazoxan wrote:
What kinda annoys me is that no one else voted for Arata. It really was a nice series and it is worth seeing and discussing. I'm definitely making a side activity for it.

You have convinced me Meta to give this show a chance, and looking at its genre tags it could be something interesting. So when you make that thread I'll be sure to drop in and say what I think of it from time to time.
Natsuru-san wrote:
Knight believe me I mean well and I bring this up because the way you did this wasn't fair or right. Like others are saying your being paranoid.Further more you even said yourself that you figured Meta was the one who voted for said anime and as to flipping a coin. Oh come on. Like Bato said do what Spor did however since none of us can see that either how about letting someone else do it? Someone who didn't vote for Devil Survivor 2 and Date A Live who is fine with watching either anime. That will be the better result and also is fair. Besides while you do bring up a good point about not as many members being as active the fact remains we did see this coming.

Sure, maybe I was being paranoid but for the sake of the club I only want members who've actually shown interest voting. We have 23 official members with the newest one being Hydro who was added to the members list only days ago. Now he is an official member and since Spor brought him to this community I trust him to stick around and actually take part in discussions. So with that said I had to minimise the potential for essential sabotage and this method worked.
Um I thought Meta had voted, not knew what he had voted for, well I did think Arata kangatari but I didn't know his other choice so its not like I excluded his vote for an unfair reason or because I felt like it. It was because it wasn't stated, and I did say that votes MUST be listed on a post in this thread. Believe me when I say I searched this thread, I went over every page/post 3-5 times to make sure I didn't miss anyones statement. As for letting someone else do it there isn't that many people that could do it, most of us were more in favour for one of them. It would appear that there were only 2 options, Lunar or Conan [Lunar voted for both of them and didn't whinge over the result, while Conan voted for neither of them] so they are the only 2 available. But who's to say that I am not in contact with them via other means? I could be having discussions frequently with them and convince them to rig the results, when it comes to competitive things people aren't as trusting. Also this is my club, why should they have to shoulder any extra unnecessary burden when I am capable of doing them for what is mine?

Noobs wrote:im with super here.

he did say that we should post what we voted. someone messing the polls is a possible for we cant track who voted which.

and also to make sure that date a live wont be an activity :shifty4ib:

Thank you Noobs, at least there are people on my side, or perhaps I paid you off to say this too?
Your support is indeed appreciated, yours too Maddy, Spor and Bato.

Well I hope that answers most questions, but who cares we have our next activities planned, and to make up for last seasons disappointing romance crap that I barely even took part in we have two nice action series. I look forward to discussing them with you supporters of these victors.
Everyone else that doesn't like this can go cry me a river for all I care, we needed a change of pace.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am

There's forum dice thing which can't be faked imo.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am

Ovyda wrote:There's forum dice thing which can't be faked imo.

You can fake anything like that online. But really Super if you did do a dice roll I would trust your judgement. Not saying you have to do a dice roll though or anything. Just saying I would trust that you didn't cheat such results.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Why can't we just watch those three anime and discuss them:

Devil Survivor 2 is part of the Shin Megami Tensei series like Persona 4 so, we can expect it to be awesome with the demons and action.

Attack on Titan has (according to Wikipedia) the horror and tragedy genre, I'm not that good with tragedy but I might watch the anime.

Date A Live is romance yes, but it might be good for us to watch something relaxing before watching any of the other anime.

That's my opinion at least, everyone's happy if this happens
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Whatever the outcome is, the 3rd anime will just be made by someone else and we will still discuss it. Doesnt really matter which 2 win. And i kinda agree with Natsu. Its clear that for both animes are alot of people willing to discuss, so why not just make 3 threads for this once.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Bato wrote:Whatever the outcome is, the 3rd anime will just be made by someone else and we will still discuss it. Doesnt really matter which 2 win. And i kinda agree with Natsu. Its clear that for both animes are alot of people willing to discuss, so why not just make 3 threads for this once.

There's a difference if the show is acknowledged as the official activity or not...
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:14 pm

@All: Who here trusts Knight to do the forum dice roll and believes he won't rig it? All those who believe say I?

I.

Ok Knight for the record I never once said you'd cheat. I'd like to believe you wouldn't so if you do the forum dice roll thing and the result is DS2 then I'll believe you or no one else rigged it and likewise if it's DAL then I'll still believe that it wasn't rigged. Also who said it had to be a member of this club that does the forum dice roll thing? Why not just have someone else do it who people know and trust wouldn't rig it or take bribes etc.? Actually I see this as pointless to do that since as I said I trust you won't rig the dice roll. I bet I'm not the only one who trusts you too you know and if you won't do that then as others have said why not just make it 3rd place then given the circumstances?
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

I have just one question, what is this forum dice roll you speak of? JD was the first and basically only forum I've joined so I haven't seen it done and have no knowledge of even how to do it.

Also if people are willing to trust me, I actually did a coin flip, multiple in fact before deciding to just use the method I did.
The exact results were as followed.

Heads - Devil survivor 2
Tails - Date a Live

I flipped it 10 times and got
Heads
Heads
Heads
Heads
Tails
Tails
Tails
Tails
Heads
Heads

So that shows a result of 6-4 to Devil Survivor, why did I flip it 10 times? After the first 4 heads I was wondering if I was making it land that because I wanted it to, I changed nothing then got 4 tails so I figured I wasn't.

@Natsu, 2 was the decided upon amount of series I came to, it was also the amount of activities that I put forward to Fletch when it was his decision on whether my club would start or not, so I wanted to keep as much as original as possible. 2 eps per week isn't that large an amount of time to ask for, and sure 3 isn't that much more but still I would like to keep it to the minimum.

Official activity or not, if a date a live thread is made there will be some discussion for it as seen with its support, so go ahead and make a thread for it when suitable wherever its thread does belong. The only thing that changes is that it isn't 1 of the 2 choices that you "must" participate in, but then again I haven't really participated last season so it doesn't really matter.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:09 pm

I didn't participate last season either lol.

Also with the dice you have to click the post reply button, you can't find the dice options in the quick reply box.

Dice options are located in the red circle provided in the screen shot.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f69/14/86/31/22/dice_r10.png

Choose from the list which sided dice you'd like. I made all the standard dice you would use playing a table top game like d&d, plus the extra 100 sided dice. I could make a 2 sided dice for coin toss situations as well.

Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next